SystemVerilog cross-module reference resolution error #2

I am developing some testbench code and I am seeing a cross-module
resolution error. Specifically,

Error-[XMRE] Cross-module reference resolution error
        Cross module resolution failed.  Originating module
'top_level_program'.
        "
           BfmPhy.sv
                ", 308: this.cmdTable

cmdTable is an array of 'cmd' objects. The table is declared in a
parent class and is being used in a derived class. When trying to
index into the cmdTable with the following code fragement, I see the
error.
  cmdTable(acrtag).copy

Any ideas as to what I should consider or any pointers to
documentation on errors in SystemVerilog?

0
rcpageiv
3/21/2007 3:05:14 AM
comp.lang.verilog 3837 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

As there is no code attached, I am forced to guess here. I think the
issue is with array element access; by mistake you must have used ()
instead of []. With that it works fine.

0
aniruddha
3/21/2007 9:47:49 AM
I'll venture another guess. You might have the cmdTable declared local
in the parent class.

On Mar 21, 5:47 am, aniruddha....@gmail.com wrote:
> As there is no code attached, I am forced to guess here. I think the
> issue is with array element access; by mistake you must have used ()
> instead of []. With that it works fine.

0
mmintz