NCO DESIGN

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi everybody,

I would like to implement a NCO (Numerical Controlled Oscillator).

The output is a square wave. The reference clock is 352 MHz.
I want the output varies by step of 2,841ns around a 22MHz square signal.

What is the simplest way to implement it :

if rising_edge(clk_ref) then
  count <= count + 1 + in;
end;

if (count>=16) then
  output <= 1;
  count <= 0;
else
  output <= 0;
end;
0
Reply patrick 5/5/2004 1:48:56 PM

See related articles to this posting

patrick.melet@dmradiocom.fr (Patrick) wrote in message news:<54b3002.0405050548.40d8eb56@posting.google.com>...
> Hi everybody,
>
> I would like to implement a NCO (Numerical Controlled Oscillator).
>
> The output is a square wave. The reference clock is 352 MHz.
> I want the output varies by step of 2,841ns around a 22MHz square signal.
>
> What is the simplest way to implement it :
>
> if rising_edge(clk_ref) then
>   count <= count + 1 + in;
> end;
>
> if (count>=16) then
>   output <= 1;
>   count <= 0;
> else
>   output <= 0;
> end;

I am no expert on NCOs, but here is a good website for the basic
theory of operation.  It will not tell you the best way to implement a
VHDL design.  I expect this depends on your target device.  You can
also download a simulator if you wish.

Charles

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/5611/dds.html
0
Reply charles 5/10/2004 12:24:55 PM
comp.lang.vhdl 6242 articles. 13 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

NCO design implementation
What's the easiest way to implement an NCO (numeric Controlled Oscillator) in VHDL? On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 02:27:03 GMT, "Rami" <r.abuhijleh@mchsi.com> wrote: >What's the easiest way to implement an NCO > (numeric Controlled Oscillator) in VHDL? Dunno, but it's always a lot easier if you take a few moments to list the specification: - output waveform (square wave, sinusoid, ...?) - reference frequency - output frequency range and resolution - output jitter requirements You'll find many discussions of NCO design in the archives of comp.lang.vhdl and com...

Regardung digital NCO design
Hi everyone, I have designed a NCO composed of a counter and a sin lookup table. The counter starts counting from 0 and ends with 61 to generate a sin wave. The samples needed to generate the sin wave is stored in the lookup table. Now i want to use this NCO to implement a costas loop carrier recovery circuit. In costas loop the output of low pass filter which is a 16 bit binary sequence is fed to the NCO.The input value of NCO is a voltage level that actually adjusts the phase of sin wave in lookup table by adjusting the samples(incrementing or decrementing the number of samples). Now my qu...

Regarding Digital NCO design
Hi, everyone. I need to design a digital NCO for implementing costas loop for carrier recovery. What I know is that NCO is driven by the loop filter output, but I don't know how? I have designed a NCO with a counter and a sin cos lookup table that generates digital sin and cos wave depending on counter value. But how can i adjust counter value according to the loop filter output? Loop filter output is a digital value and how can i use this value to adjust NCO counter. I mean what is the adjustment step? How frequently it is adjusted? So on... Can anyone here give me some ideas? Thanks i...

NCO Clock driven Designs in FPGA
Hi everyone, I have a few doubts that are not being addressed in fpga groups(at least i could not find the one ) though it is very common in DSP design using FPGAs. 1. In many a communication receiver systems a resampler (NCO based) is required. The output of the resampler is fed to other logics. Can NCO output be used to drive the portion of the design ? as is sayed that in FPGA clock derived from (combinational/sequential) logics should be avoided and whenever a rate change is required use enable signal instead. But this approach requires the whole design to be run at the highest clock cons...

Regarding Digital NCO design #2
Hi, I want to design a digital costas loop. The NCO that i designed is controlled by a clock that ticks a counter which runs for 61 times and generates a sign wave. The value 61 is chosen to get the desired frequency of the wave. Initially the NCO is triggered by an external clock. But to recover carrier we need to lock the phase. The loop filter's output is fed back to the NCO and requires NCO to adjust its counting the number of samples. It will increase/decrease the number of samples to lock the same frequency as the received one. But i dont understand how can i adjust NCO counter value...

Regarding Digital NCO design #3
Hi, I want to design a digital costas loop. The NCO that i designed is controlled by a clock that ticks a counter which runs for 61 times and generates a sign wave. The value 61 is chosen to get the desired frequency of the wave. Initially the NCO is triggered by an external clock. But to recover carrier we need to lock the phase. The loop filter's output is fed back to the NCO and requires NCO to adjust its counting the number of samples. It will increase/decrease the number of samples to lock the same frequency as the received one. But i dont understand how can i adjust NCO counter value...

How to design the NCO in digital timing recovery loop?
Hi, everyone. I have a problem about the NCO design and hope to get som help from this forum. I need to design a digital timing recovery loop. The architecture consist of a Gardner timing error detector, loop filter and NCO. (To my bes knowledge, such structure is quite classical.) All three building block shall be implemented in digital domain. The A/D oversampling rate is 32. have no problem with Gardner TED and loop filter, but I have no idea how t implement the NCO (numerically controller oscillator). I've never worked o NCO before, and so far haven't found any papers delving in...

ANN: Tyd-IP Code Generator adds NCO design capability
Hi, In adition to filter and fft creation, Tyd-IP Code Generator now generates VHDL for NCO design. Demo may be downloaded from website. http://www.tyder.com Bob ...

ANN: Tyd-IP Code Generator now adds NCO design capability
Hi, In adition to filter and fft creation, Tyd-IP Code Generator now generates VHDL for NCO design. Demo may be downloaded from website. http://www.tyder.com Bob ...

ANN:Tyd-IP Code Generator...Added NCO design for FPGA/ASIC
Hi, In adition to filter and fft creation, Tyd-IP Code Generator now generates VHDL for NCO design. Demo may be downloaded from website. http://www.tyder.com Bob ...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design
web design services, XHTML Conversion Services, Offshore outsourcing web design & SEO Expert Acedezines provides best services for your website design, search engine optimization, web design services, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, wordpress themes. ...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design
web design services, XHTML Conversion Services, Offshore outsourcing web design & SEO Expert Acedezines provides best services for your website design, search engine optimization, web design services, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, wordpress themes.for more information www.acedezines.com On 3/11/2011 3:26 AM, a SPAMMER wrote: > SPAM services, SPAM Conversion Services, Offshore SPAMMING > SPAM design& SPAM Expert WE ARE SPAMMERS provides best SPAM for your > SPAM design, SPAM optimization, SPAM design services, > SPAM design, SPAM intro animatio...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design
joomla cms templates, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, , ecommerce web design, affordable web design, content management system, website design, hire a website designer, flash web page design, web design agency, professional web design company, flash website design, web design company, website maintenance, top web design companies, creative web design, content development, Logo Designing ...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design
joomla cms templates, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, , ecommerce web design, affordable web design, content management system, website design, hire a website designer, flash web page design, web design agency, professional web design company, flash website design, web design company, website maintenance, top web design companies, creative web design, content development, Logo Designing ...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design
web design services, XHTML Conversion Services, Offshore outsourcing web design & SEO Expert Acedezines provides best services for your website design, search engine optimization, web design services, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, wordpress themes. for more details http://www.acedezines.com ...

[...]

Website Designing Services =96 acedezines - specialize in all types of website designing and take up projects of all sizes. Our website designs range from basic static websites, flash website design, web design agency, ecommerce web design india, professional web design company ...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design
web design services, XHTML Conversion Services, Offshore outsourcing web design & SEO Expert Acedezines provides best services for your website design, search engine optimization, web design services, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, wordpress themes. for more details http://www.acedezines.com Professional web designers of kaos Hong Kong creates enticing web site that= is simple to use and poses a positive impact on clients as they style keep= ing in mind the necessities of customer. They give access to manage and update sites often with user frie...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design #2
web design services, XHTML Conversion Services, Offshore outsourcing web design & SEO Expert Acedezines provides best services for your website design, search engine optimization, web design services, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, wordpress themes. for more details http://www.acedezines.com ...

designing a design plan
This is my first mail to this group. I am a Masters student. I am currently working on a community project for our City. For the city we are supposed to bring up a design plan for e-democracy. Could any one tell me how to design a design plan for e-democracy for the city. We were able to gather points for predispositions,research,insights. But till now we are not able to come forward with a good concept. Could anyone help me in the design process. Also could anyone differenciate E-government and E-democracy. Is there any papers or website related to this. Please do forward me the l...