NCO DESIGN

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi everybody,

I would like to implement a NCO (Numerical Controlled Oscillator).

The output is a square wave. The reference clock is 352 MHz.
I want the output varies by step of 2,841ns around a 22MHz square signal.

What is the simplest way to implement it :

if rising_edge(clk_ref) then
  count <= count + 1 + in;
end;

if (count>=16) then
  output <= 1;
  count <= 0;
else
  output <= 0;
end;
0
Reply patrick 5/5/2004 1:48:56 PM

See related articles to this posting

patrick.melet@dmradiocom.fr (Patrick) wrote in message news:<54b3002.0405050548.40d8eb56@posting.google.com>...
> Hi everybody,
>
> I would like to implement a NCO (Numerical Controlled Oscillator).
>
> The output is a square wave. The reference clock is 352 MHz.
> I want the output varies by step of 2,841ns around a 22MHz square signal.
>
> What is the simplest way to implement it :
>
> if rising_edge(clk_ref) then
>   count <= count + 1 + in;
> end;
>
> if (count>=16) then
>   output <= 1;
>   count <= 0;
> else
>   output <= 0;
> end;

I am no expert on NCOs, but here is a good website for the basic
theory of operation.  It will not tell you the best way to implement a
VHDL design.  I expect this depends on your target device.  You can
also download a simulator if you wish.

Charles

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/5611/dds.html
0
Reply charles 5/10/2004 12:24:55 PM
comp.lang.vhdl 6260 articles. 13 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

NCO design implementation
What's the easiest way to implement an NCO (numeric Controlled Oscillator) in VHDL? On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 02:27:03 GMT, "Rami" <r.abuhijleh@mchsi.com> wrote: >What's the easiest way to implement an NCO > (numeric Controlled Oscillator) in VHDL? Dunno, but it's always a lot easier if you take a few moments to list the specification: - output waveform (square wave, sinusoid, ...?) - reference frequency - output frequency range and resolution - output jitter requirements You'll find many discussions of NCO design in the archives of comp.lang.vhdl and com...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design
web design services, XHTML Conversion Services, Offshore outsourcing web design & SEO Expert Acedezines provides best services for your website design, search engine optimization, web design services, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, wordpress themes.for more information www.acedezines.com On 3/11/2011 3:26 AM, a SPAMMER wrote: > SPAM services, SPAM Conversion Services, Offshore SPAMMING > SPAM design& SPAM Expert WE ARE SPAMMERS provides best SPAM for your > SPAM design, SPAM optimization, SPAM design services, > SPAM design, SPAM intro animatio...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design
joomla cms templates, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, , ecommerce web design, affordable web design, content management system, website design, hire a website designer, flash web page design, web design agency, professional web design company, flash website design, web design company, website maintenance, top web design companies, creative web design, content development, Logo Designing ...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design
joomla cms templates, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, , ecommerce web design, affordable web design, content management system, website design, hire a website designer, flash web page design, web design agency, professional web design company, flash website design, web design company, website maintenance, top web design companies, creative web design, content development, Logo Designing ...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design
web design services, XHTML Conversion Services, Offshore outsourcing web design & SEO Expert Acedezines provides best services for your website design, search engine optimization, web design services, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, wordpress themes. for more details http://www.acedezines.com ...

[...]

Website Designing Services =96 acedezines - specialize in all types of website designing and take up projects of all sizes. Our website designs range from basic static websites, flash website design, web design agency, ecommerce web design india, professional web design company ...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design
web design services, XHTML Conversion Services, Offshore outsourcing web design & SEO Expert Acedezines provides best services for your website design, search engine optimization, web design services, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, wordpress themes. for more details http://www.acedezines.com Professional web designers of kaos Hong Kong creates enticing web site that= is simple to use and poses a positive impact on clients as they style keep= ing in mind the necessities of customer. They give access to manage and update sites often with user frie...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design
web design services, XHTML Conversion Services, Offshore outsourcing web design & SEO Expert Acedezines provides best services for your website design, search engine optimization, web design services, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, wordpress themes. Dear numan123, Thanks for registering at Cosmoquest Forum! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay. numan123 -- ...

Regardung digital NCO design
Hi everyone, I have designed a NCO composed of a counter and a sin lookup table. The counter starts counting from 0 and ends with 61 to generate a sin wave. The samples needed to generate the sin wave is stored in the lookup table. Now i want to use this NCO to implement a costas loop carrier recovery circuit. In costas loop the output of low pass filter which is a 16 bit binary sequence is fed to the NCO.The input value of NCO is a voltage level that actually adjusts the phase of sin wave in lookup table by adjusting the samples(incrementing or decrementing the number of samples). Now my qu...

RPG designs and designers
I'm not really sure where I'm going with this post... I'm making it because I am trying to replay Wizard's & Warriors, a game which I didn't comment much on when it was new. Why now? Because it's a better game compared to today's games then it was 5 years ago. First off, let me say I don't much like the game. For every good thing, of which there are many, there is a bad thing which counterpoints it. That's what prompted me to want to talk about design. DW Bradley was a golden child of RPG design, yet his last product was THIS. What was so good about hi...

Regarding Digital NCO design
Hi, everyone. I need to design a digital NCO for implementing costas loop for carrier recovery. What I know is that NCO is driven by the loop filter output, but I don't know how? I have designed a NCO with a counter and a sin cos lookup table that generates digital sin and cos wave depending on counter value. But how can i adjust counter value according to the loop filter output? Loop filter output is a digital value and how can i use this value to adjust NCO counter. I mean what is the adjustment step? How frequently it is adjusted? So on... Can anyone here give me some ideas? Thanks i...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design #2
web design services, XHTML Conversion Services, Offshore outsourcing web design & SEO Expert Acedezines provides best services for your website design, search engine optimization, web design services, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, wordpress themes. for more details http://www.acedezines.com ...

designing a design plan
This is my first mail to this group. I am a Masters student. I am currently working on a community project for our City. For the city we are supposed to bring up a design plan for e-democracy. Could any one tell me how to design a design plan for e-democracy for the city. We were able to gather points for predispositions,research,insights. But till now we are not able to come forward with a good concept. Could anyone help me in the design process. Also could anyone differenciate E-government and E-democracy. Is there any papers or website related to this. Please do forward me the l...

Design Design Software
Hi all. I had a nostalgic moment and rummaged about in my archives. Doubt they're of much interest to anyone else, but what source files still exist for the early Design Design games can be found here, including some bits (incomplete) of Tank Busters for the CPC64 etc. http://www.desdes.com/products/oldfiles/index.htm Be warned, they're not pretty. I suspect that there might be some more Amstrad source files that I haven't recovered yet, but gawd knows when/if I'll ever get round to it. Have fun, we had fun writing them... Simon Brattel "Program...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design #2
web design services, XHTML Conversion Services, Offshore outsourcing web design & SEO Expert Acedezines provides best services for your website design, search engine optimization, web design services, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, wordpress themes. ...

free website design software , flash website design , web site designers , to use website design software , nof 7.0 , easy web design , website designing software , website design software tem
free website design software , flash website design , web site designers , to use website design software , nof 7.0 , easy web design , website designing software , website design software templates , web design software , homepage design software , WEBSITE DESIGN SOFTWARE +++ WEBSEITEN DESIGN SOFTWARE +++ WEBSEITEN ERSTELLEN + + + + + http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ + + + + + kostenlose webseiten nof styles nof europe website design ...

Freelance Web designing in Hyderabad | Web Designer in Hyderabad | Freelance Web Designing Services | Website Designing Services
webslavery Services Provides the Freelancing web design service at low-cost with the aim of each company, business, person get their own website and expand their business Our Services: Freelance Web designing in Hyderabad Website designing,Website re-designing,Logo designing,ID card designing,Broucher designing,Template designing,User interface designing Our Portfolio: Please Visit Website We also provide Online Web designing training with live projects interest people For more Details Contact : E-mail: webslavery123@gmail.com Contact No: India:+91 8897931177,+91 903...

NCO Clock driven Designs in FPGA
Hi everyone, I have a few doubts that are not being addressed in fpga groups(at least i could not find the one ) though it is very common in DSP design using FPGAs. 1. In many a communication receiver systems a resampler (NCO based) is required. The output of the resampler is fed to other logics. Can NCO output be used to drive the portion of the design ? as is sayed that in FPGA clock derived from (combinational/sequential) logics should be avoided and whenever a rate change is required use enable signal instead. But this approach requires the whole design to be run at the highest clock cons...

Regarding Digital NCO design #2
Hi, I want to design a digital costas loop. The NCO that i designed is controlled by a clock that ticks a counter which runs for 61 times and generates a sign wave. The value 61 is chosen to get the desired frequency of the wave. Initially the NCO is triggered by an external clock. But to recover carrier we need to lock the phase. The loop filter's output is fed back to the NCO and requires NCO to adjust its counting the number of samples. It will increase/decrease the number of samples to lock the same frequency as the received one. But i dont understand how can i adjust NCO counter value...