shift/rotate operator for std_logic_vector

I mean operators like ror, rol, sla, sra, srl, sll.
Are they overloaded for std_logic_vector type in any 'standard' package?

I use Altera Quartus 6.1, and I recieive a message:
"Error (10327): VHDL error at vector_selector.vhd(191): can't determine
definition of operator ""srl"" -- found 0 possible definitions".

MR
0
Marteno
6/12/2007 8:49:51 PM
comp.lang.vhdl 6337 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Marteno Rodia wrote:
> I mean operators like ror, rol, sla, sra, srl, sll.
> Are they overloaded for std_logic_vector type in any 'standard' package?

Let's have a look at the source:
http://www.eda.org/rassp/vhdl/models/standards/numeric_std.vhd

The shifts work differently for
signed vs unsigned. Thats also why sla and sra are
not defined. The vector type covers it.

But it's not hard to cast out the
numeric interpretation when the math is done:

   my_slv <= std_logic_vector(my_uns_vec srl 1);

> I use Altera Quartus 6.1, and I recieive a message:
> "Error (10327): VHDL error at vector_selector.vhd(191): can't determine
> definition of operator ""srl"" -- found 0 possible definitions".

That the right answer. There is no srl defined for std_logic_vector.

    -- Mike Treseler
0
Mike

UB and operator++()
Hello! Does this code lead to undefined behaviour, given that operator++() is overloaded for MyClass? > > MyClass i, j; > //... > j = ++i + ++i; [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] "Vladimir" <vkiryazev@yandex.ru> writes: > Hello! Does this code lead to undefined behaviour, given that > operator++() is overloaded for MyClass? >> >> MyClass i, j; >> //... >> j = ++i + ++i; No. The behavior defined. The order of the evaluation of the ...

Shift
Hi, How can I shift or roll a byte array buffer say, byte buf[] = byte[16]; So that I would have the same effect as the "<<" operator in C over a Int. I want to left shift a 16 byte word in bitwise steps. Thank you, Roberto. .. Roberto Gallo wrote: > Hi, > > How can I shift or roll a byte array buffer say, > > byte buf[] = byte[16]; > > So that I would have the same effect as the "<<" operator in C over a > Int. > > I want to left shift a 16 byte word in bitwise steps. ...

Re: Looking for HP3000 experience Operator / Graveyard Shift #2
>Unfortunately we are losing a good employee to the wilds of >Colorado. This is the third person we've lost that feels Los >Angeles is getting a bit too crowded for them. A problem that is self-correcting given that la.la.land has at least 3 less people than before :-) duane * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Rotate on RedHat 9
I have not been able to get XFree86 to rotate my display on a relatively fresh RedHat 9 install. I found some hints about disableing RandR, but nothing happens. X still fires up just fine, no crash, but no rotate either. Someone posted that you need to disable alpha blended cursor, but I cannot find that anywhere... Thanks! Ed Gatzke From my /etc/X11/XF86Config: Section "ServerFlags" Option "RandR" "0" EndSection Section "Device" Identifier "Videocard0" Driver "i810" ...

shift left, shift right
Hello, Is there any command to shift left or right a vector ? thanks for your reply. patrice: <SNIP ...Is there any command to shift left or right a vector... a hint: help circshift us Try these: 4.1 Vectors To shift and rotate the elements of a vector, use X([ end 1:end-1 ]); % shift right/down 1 element X([ end-k+1:end 1:end-k ]); % shift right/down k elements X([ 2:end 1 ]); % shift left/up 1 element X([ k+1:end 1:k ]); % shift left/up k elements Try this link: <http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/course/2003/impr/matlab/MatlabTip.pdf> -TRO patrice wrote: > > > H...

US-Austin: Data Center Operations Analyst, Develop technical documentation; 6mo. (45387322771)
US-Austin: Data Center Operations Analyst, Develop technical documentation; 6mo. (45387322771) ============================================================================================== Position: Data Center Operations An Reference: ZYD00487 Location: Austin Duration: TX. Skills: Ability to work on a team Ability to work with little supervision Strong analytical skills Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills Ability to develop technical documentation, technical communications...

I want to do an and operation between two ip addresses in tcl how to do that and i need the result ip address
I want to do an and operation between two ip addresses in tcl how to do that and i need the result ip address. x is 192.179.1.112 y is 192.179.1.0 result z should contain the result ip address... Thanks in advance! Regards, Anil A Kumar On Oct 3, 10:50=A0am, anil_ec1 <401a...@gmail.com> wrote: > I want to do an and operation between two ip addresses in tcl how to > do that and i need the result ip address. > > x is 192.179.1.112 > y is 192.179.1.0 > result z should contain the result ip address... > > Thanks in advance! > > Regards, > Anil A Kumar Ch...

field shift
How to left shift? > echo a.b.c.d | awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS="."}{for (x=1;x<NF;x++)$x=$(x+1);NF--;print}' > b.c.d The for loop works, but I wonder, is there a better way, like "shift" in the shell? -- Webmail for Dialup Users http://www.isp2dial.com/freeaccounts.html John Kelly said the following on 9/4/2009 8:39 AM: > How to left shift? > >> echo a.b.c.d | awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS="."}{for (x=1;x<NF;x++)$x=$(x+1);NF--;print}' >> b.c.d > > The for loop works, but I wonder, is there a better way, like "shift&quo...

Shift
I use this function % Shift % Copia ogni elemento di un vettore nella posizione immediatamente % precedente % function [m] = Shift (x); i = 1; N = length (x); temp = x(1); while (i < N) x(i) = x(i+1); i = i + 1; end x(N) = temp It works but there is the following message ??? One or more output arguments not assigned during call to 'shift'. Why? "MiK3Le" <michele0912@virgilio.it> writes: >I use this function >% Shift >% Copia ogni elemento di un vettore nella posizione immediatamente >% precedente >% >function [m...

Operation with arrays
Dear Users, I construct the following arrays: %LET LO=3D1; %LET HI=3D98; DATA A; SET B; ARRAY VARIA {&LO:&HI}; RUN; DATA c; SET D; ARRAY CRED {&LO,&HI}; RUN; Now I want to subtract from each line varia1 ... varia98 another array=20 with size (1,98), that is, for each line of VARIA I need to subtract the=20 line Cred How can I do it? Thanks Rick Ricardo Gon=E7alves Silva, M. Sc. Tecnologia de Cr=E9dito=20 SERASA S.A.=20 =C9 (11) - 6847-8889 ? ricardosilva@serasa.com.br=20 ...

How to find out what the operating system is?
I need to make some system call in my Matlab code, e.g., system('rm -f *.tmp'). I'd like to keep the code portable so it can run under both Linux and Windows. How can I find out on-the-fly what operating system Matlab is running under? Thanks! Type in command window the command ver in order to find which operate system does matlab use. >>ver "Simon Chen" <simon.yingchen@gmail.com> wrote in message <h3kqia$gio$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I need to make some system call in my Matlab code, e.g., system('rm -f *.tmp'). I'd like to keep the...

[rfc-dist] RFC 5309 on Point-to-Point Operation over LAN in Link State Routing Protocols
A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries. RFC 5309 Title: Point-to-Point Operation over LAN in Link State Routing Protocols Author: N. Shen, Ed., A. Zinin, Ed. Status: Informational Date: October 2008 Mailbox: naiming@cisco.com, alex.zinin@alcatel-lucent.com Pages: 10 Characters: 21287 Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None I-D Tag: draft-ietf-isis-igp-p2p-over-lan-06.txt...

log axes shift
Dear all, I have two sets of data that are plot on a log log set of axes. The two sets of data vary in size considerably and thus are at different x positions. Is there a way to shift the x axis without distorting the data? If I simply add a constant to the data difference=size(A)-size(B) vertcat(zeros(difference),A) I get a distortion of the data. It seems more bunched up. Dave wrote: > Dear all, > > I have two sets of data that are plot on a log log set of axes. The two > sets of data vary in size considerably and thus are at different x > positions. Is the...

Needs a urgent help with a rotating banner javascript code.
Hi, I am not a good developer of Javascript codes. Needs this help to make some modification to this famous free javascript from Anarchos. i am using this in one of my webpage. What it does is, rotates banners with hyperlink specific to each image. it works just perfect but i need a simple modification. now I want to stop rotating the images when I mouseover on the image, and then continue once I move the cursor out of the banner image. Any one can help me please? Thanks in adv. Rgds RajSB -----------the following code resides in a separate .js file------------------ /**** * Banner Ad Rota...

read() vs. recv() for sockets operations
Hello, All! What are the benefits/drawbacks of using read() on socket operations, except it's a general way for dealing with file descriptors? What about portability etc.? With best regards, Roman Mashak. E-mail: mrv@tusur.ru "Roman Mashak" <mrv@tusur.ru> writes: > Hello, All! > > What are the benefits/drawbacks of using read() on socket operations, except > it's a general way for dealing with file descriptors? What about portability > etc.? recv() takes an extra flags parameter. That's the only difference. -- M�ns Rullg�rd mru@inprovi...

Variable bit shift
I believe that the bit shift operator requires a constant right hand side operand. Is there a neat and simple way of performing a variable shift - I can think of some complicated ways of doing it? The shift I need to perform is a signed shift i.e. <<< or >>>. DW I believe I use variable shifts all the time. The variable signed shift should work just as well. You might, of course, be working with a limited functionality sim or synth so there isn't an absolute guarantee but you should be able to get what you need just by coding it. "DW" <dav...

Get the amazing Ubuntu 6.06 Linux operating system.
Hello, The record breaking Ubuntu 6.06 Linux (alias Dapper Drake) is now available. Here is a small guide for how to install it on your PC. o--> http://www.futuredesktop.com/ubuntu6.06.html And it's completly free. Most kindly, moma http://www.futuredesktop.com/hpc_linux.html moma <moma@example.net> wrote: [Crap] My, what a cute troll. Posting Linsux stuff in a Windows NG and probably feeling very clever about it. JK'06 In article <qm3a92tit1gi3bihvvkm4e0em1aj3cfrd3@4ax.com>, Jan Kannemacher wrote: > My, what a cute troll. Po...

Shift portability
Consider the expression: (j & 0xFF0000 >> 16) == ((j & 0xFF0000) / 0x10000) Is this **always** true by definition, or could the result vary depending on the target/toolchain (processor word size, big/little endian etc). Roger wrote: > Consider the expression: > > (j & 0xFF0000 >> 16) == ((j & 0xFF0000) / 0x10000) > > Is this **always** true by definition, or could the result vary > depending on the target/toolchain (processor word size, big/little > endian etc). Shifts operate on the value, not representation. For a detailed desc...

shift
If I have a digital sampling of a signal that is centered at 100 kHz and I want to move it to 10 kHz, what is the easiest way to do this? Thanks. bob@coolgroups.com wrote: > If I have a digital sampling of a signal that is centered at 100 kHz > and I want to move it to 10 kHz, what is the easiest way to do this? What are the sampling frequency and the bandwidth if the signal? Is the spectrum of the signal symmetric about 100 KHz? Jerry -- "The rights of the best of men are secured only as the rights of the vilest and most abhorrent are protected." ...

run time menu by right click and peroform operation
i have list of certain iteams . i want to creat a runt ime right click menu inwhich there r two option Enable and disable. then to each the colour of list iteams changes, red or green i created run time menu&nbsp;byinsert menu function and it is working but the second step to gernate event corresponing to each selection&nbsp;have some problems i m&nbsp;sending the final requriment&nbsp; in attachment BladeSeqEditor.pdf: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/304297/1/BladeSeqEditor.pdf For each selection there is a tag. Use it, to do the corresponding work. &nbsp; see...

Can CSS rotate on print
Does anyone know if CSS can rotate a page when printing. I looked at the @page but have not had any luck. I want to try to print an envelope (landscape) from a portrait page that holds the name and address. Below is the CSS I have tried but am not able to get it to work. Thanks. @media print { @page narrow {size: 4in 9in} body {width:8.5in; height:3.125in; font-size:10pt} div {page: narrow; margin-left:3.5in; margin-top:1.75in; font-size: 16px} TABLE {page: rotated} ..noprint {display:none} } David ...

logical operations on dates/times
Hi everyone, I am currently working on a file where I have to compare date variables and flag those cases that are a match. I am running into problems due to the internal precision of the variables, which means that cases that I want to be considered equal, are not. Here is what I have: Name Visit Period24 Time V4_48_B HC d 2 9:25 9:40 HC d 2 9:30 9:40 HC d 2 9:35 9:40 HC d 2 9:40 9:40 HC d 2 9:45 9:40 TD d 2 7:58 8:10 TD d 2 8:03 8:10 TD d 2 8:08 8:10 TD...

[rfc-dist] RFC 5980 on NSIS Protocol Operation in Mobile Environments
A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries. RFC 5980 Title: NSIS Protocol Operation in Mobile Environments Author: T. Sanda, Ed., X. Fu, S. Jeong, J. Manner, H. Tschofenig Status: Informational Stream: IETF Date: March 2011 Mailbox: sanda.takako@jp.panasonic.com, fu@cs.uni-goettingen.de, shjeong@hufs.ac.kr, jukka.manner@tkk.fi, Hannes.T...

OT:Looking for HP3000 experience Operator / Graveyard Shift
In message <MDEDLNEEEEBCGKKBKCAKAEFCMOAD.catherine.litten@valleypres.org>, Catherine Litten <catherine.litten@valleypres.org> writes >Valley Presbyterian Hospital is seeking a graveyard shift computer Operator. Yes indeed; but I do hope this isn't posted on a public notice board anywhere in the hospital where patients can see it. It might cause understandable disquiet among those not familiar with the terminology.... :-) -- This reminds me of a surgery I had this time last year. As I was moving from the gurney to the operating table I noticed a rather larg...

Rotating a whole 3D matrix
Hello there! My problem is quite simple: I want to rotate a 3D matrix by 90 degrees in counterclockwise direction. I ve already tried rot90 but it only works on the "slices" of the 3D matrix. So I've tried to do it seperately for all "slices" in z direction. But this approach is far too slow for my needs, because I have to rotate many of these 3D datasets and write them to files afterwards. Does anyone now a faster solution for my problem? Or a function which rotates the matrix in one piece? Thanks for helping, Matthias ...