Change background of tabs and tab area of a tabControl?

Is it possible to change the background color of the tabs and tab background
area int a tabControl?

Even a reference to the API would be welcome.

Thx!

0
dont.spam (104)
7/5/2004 2:59:50 PM
comp.lang.visual.basic 2233 articles. 0 followers. please859 (33) is leader. Post Follow

Change background/tab colour of tabControl?
I'm using a tabControl on one of the forms of my MS Access database. The grey bar looks pretty bad on my form. Is there any way to change the colour of the tabs or the tab background for the tabControl in MS Access? I'd even resort to an API call if necessary. Thanks! P.s. Anyone else having problems posting to the Microsoft news server? Noozer, Somewhat. Set the background style to transparent and the color of the detail section will show through. I still haven't puzzled out how to change the color of the tabs, though. You might have more luck with the controls available i...

Tab Tab
How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? Op 4 Aug 2004 12:39:13 -0700 schreef gnosis: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? gawk 'BEGIN {print "\t\t"}'</dev/null >file -- There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Gerard Wassink http://linux.family.filternet.nl http://freeware.family.filternet.nl Linux counter #360967, "In a world without fences, who needs gates?" gnosis wrote: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? I'm not sure I understand the question..... If you mean: 'put 2 TAB (0x09) characters into a text file from a command prompt', then echo -e '\t\t' >somefile or echo -e '\t\t' >>somefile If you mean: 'the output of the BASH 'TAB-TAB' "completion key combo", then no. The BASH TAB-TAB key combo is meant as input to BASH, so BASH interprets the TAB-TAB combo before you have a chance to supply any re-direct operators for the command. Regards, Larry -- Anti-spam address, change each 'X' to '.' to reply directly. ...

Change values of Tabs on Tab Control
I have a LabVIEW application where it is possible to change the language on the front panel, in connection with this I want to change the names/labels of the Tabs on a Tab Control. Is this possible? Hi Labbie, yes it is possible. See the attachment. Mike Unbenannt 1_LV80.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/311358/1/Unbenannt 1_LV80.vi Awesome all... got what i needed. &nbsp; Peace, &nbsp; Pete ...

Tabs is VIsual basic
How do you create tabs in visual basic -- Frank R. Jr. there's a tabstrip control - Tabstrip1.Tabs.add "Frank R. Jr." <blahblah@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:68xXc.20618$wu.8372@okepread04... > How do you create tabs in visual basic > > -- > Frank R. Jr. > > --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.744 / Virus Database: 496 - Release Date: 8/24/2004 is that the code and if it is where does one enter it to create the tabs "Hal Rosser" <hmrosser@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:HHxXc.29102$cx.25409@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > there's a tabstrip control - > Tabstrip1.Tabs.add > > "Frank R. Jr." <blahblah@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:68xXc.20618$wu.8372@okepread04... > > How do you create tabs in visual basic > > > > -- > > Frank R. Jr. > > > > > > > --- > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). > Version: 6.0.744 / Virus Database: 496 - Release Date: 8/24/2004 > > try the form load event don't forget to put the tabstrip control on the form "Frank R. Jr." <blahblah@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eMxXc.20972$wu.1356@okepread04... > is that the code and if it is where does one enter it to create the tabs > > "Hal Rosser" <hm...

Change programmatically a image in the tab of Tab Control
How i can change programmatically the image of the tab of the tab control? Thanks Andrea Cellini Describe how you want to change the image of the tab control? Do you want to change the names of the tabs or the color of the tabs programmatically? Or do you want to change tabs programmatically? Dear BJD1613, thanks for you reply. When you put a tab control in front panel and you click in one of the tab, in "advanced", you can find "tab Layout", here you can decide if in your tab there is a text or an image+text or an image. Well, i want to put in the tab an image from di...

How do I control the background tab color of the selected tab?
In this "work in progress" interface control widget for an application to run on my employer [ http://dt.asu.edu ]'s Decision Theater "theater in the round" (affectionately "the drum"): http://www.public.asu.edu/~kdolan1/images/DataSetupOptions.png the ugly light blue color of the background of the "Data Setup" title is not any of the Color objects in my program. Where and how is that color controlled, so that I can modify it to some more contrasty color to the label text? I've looked extensively through the j2se 1.5 api documentation, but I don't find a way for the client programmer to set the color value of that tab top when the tab is selected. The color of the "Options" tab is one I did set. That's a tab in a JTabbedPane, if it isn't obvious. Any help would be appreciated. xanthian. -- Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG "Kent Paul Dolan" <xanthian@well.com> wrote in message news:a40c838d5c21e100f1730d9f81f73919.48257@mygate.mailgate.org... > In this "work in progress" interface control widget for an > application to run on my employer [ http://dt.asu.edu ]'s > Decision Theater "theater in the round" (affectionately "the > drum"): > > http://www.public.asu.edu/~kdolan1/images/DataSetupOptions.png > > the ugly light blue color of the background of the "Data Setup" > title is not any of ...

apple-tab / tab
Hi Is it possible to use the tab button in the same way as Windows? That is, to be able to go from control to control on a pop-up without using the mouse? Currently I'm noticing that I can't move focus from some controls to others (like lists/drop-downs), and I have to use the mouse. Also, with the apple-tab behaviour, can I get navigate to, say, individual firefox windows? Currently it just shows one firefox icon instead of one for each window - is this something I can change? I'm using 10.4.2 on a "Dual 2.3GHz PowerPC G5", according to "About This Mac&q...

Tabbing to next tab
Hi Is it possible that when a user is past a field on one tab of the tab control it automatically switches to the second tab to save manually changing the tab when entering data? Thanks Regards "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:4087efbe$0$26197$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com... > Hi > > Is it possible that when a user is past a field on one tab of the tab > control it automatically switches to the second tab to save manually > changing the tab when entering data? Here is what I recommend... Place a tiny (but visible=true) TextBox...

Tab Tab #3
How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? lzman@mindless.com (gnosis) tried to express: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? in bash... set +o emacs echo "<tab><tab>" > output set -o emacs Op 4 Aug 2004 13:17:31 -0700 schreef gnosis: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? gawk 'BEGIN {print "\t\t"}'</dev/null >file -- There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Gerard Wassink http://linux.family.filternet.nl http://freeware.family.filternet.nl Linux counter #360967, "In a world without fences, who needs gates?" Wiseguy wrote: > lzman@mindless.com (gnosis) tried to express: > >>How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? > > > in bash... > > set +o emacs > echo "<tab><tab>" > output > set -o emacs > Cool, I never thought of that.... Regards, Larry -- Anti-spam address, change each 'X' to '.' to reply directly. gnosis wrote: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? .... could you post this a fourth time please, i didnt get it the first three times !!!!!!1 .. -- << http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com/ >> Alimony is the high cost of leaving. ...

Tab control with no tabs
Hi All I have been writing wxWindow code for a couple of days now and I am attempting an embedded (CE) gui which I have made some headway with. My gui has three wxFrames which I switch between to display three different sets of information to the user. I really need to be able to switch these screens programatically but I'm not sure what the best way is. I am thinking wxNoteBook control with three panels for the screens with zero height tabs to hide them. Only I don't seem to be able to set the tab size on the wxnotebook. Thoughts anyone?? TIA Nick "Nick W...

Tabs on top of Tabs
This is probably a very stupid question but for the life of me I cannot figure it out. I have a form with tabbed pages and on one of the pages I want to put more tabbed pages. When I put the sub tabbed pages on the page I want it shows up on all pages. This is annoying. Thanks. Tyler wrote: > This is probably a very stupid question but for the life of me I > cannot figure it out. I have a form with tabbed pages and on one of > the pages I want to put more tabbed pages. When I put the sub tabbed > pages on the page I want it shows up on all pages. This is annoying. > Thank...

Tab Tab #2
How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? Op 4 Aug 2004 13:15:51 -0700 schreef gnosis: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? gawk 'BEGIN {print "\t\t"}'</dev/null >file -- There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Gerard Wassink http://linux.family.filternet.nl http://freeware.family.filternet.nl Linux counter #360967, "In a world without fences, who needs gates?" ...

how to prevent tabs in edit text boxes (tab to change uicontrol)
I have a GUI with several uicontrols with single line edit text boxes and one multi-line box. I want to be able to tab between fields, but once the multi-line edit box has the focus, a tab creates a tab in the string of the edit text box instead of moving on to the next uicontrol in the tab order. All help is appreciated. "Jayson Brouchoud" <brou0040@tc.umn.edu> wrote in message <hibndh$4sq$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I have a GUI with several uicontrols with single line edit text boxes and one multi-line box. I want to be able to tab between fields, but once th...

Tabs Studio
Tabs Studio is a Microsoft Visual Studio IDE add-in that replaces the built-in window tabs bar with a more advanced one. Main additional features of the Tabs Studio's tabs are multi-row support (making all tabs always visible) and automatic tab grouping by name (to preserve screen space and to keep relevant tabs close to each other). Removing path from tab name is also supported. Tabs Studio requires Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, Windows XP/Vista. Download and learn more from http://www.tabsstudio.com/ ...

changing of <Tab> and <Shift-Tab> bindings
Hello all, see the below example: loading history file ... 200 events added Main console display active (Tcl8.4.5 / Tk8.4.5) (olli) 201 % entry .e1 ..e1 (olli) 202 % entry .e2 ..e2 (olli) 203 % entry .e3 ..e3 (olli) 204 % pack .e1 .e2 .e3 (olli) 205 % bind .e2 <Tab> {puts Hallo; break} Now I clicked in the second entry, .e2 and then pressed Shift+Tab. What I expected was the focus to be moved to .e1, but the focus remained on .e2 and a line reading 'Hallo' appeared on the console. Hallo (olli) 206 % bind .e2 <Shift-Tab> {tk_focusPrev %W} Only after typing the above...

How to change the background color of a Tab Control from a VI
Hello, &nbsp; I use a Tab Control (from Containers), which by default has a grey background. I want to change the background color programmatically, that is from a LabVIEW VI. &nbsp; Anybody know how to do this ? Use the F Color property of the Tab control to change its color programmatically. :smileywink: &nbsp; BTW, it is NOT the background color of the Tab; it is its foreground color. :smileyhappy: Hi Jan, you have to allow different colors, then use the page references and change the color. See the attached example. Mike Unbenannt 6_LV80.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments...

How to color tab of tab control when content of tab meets generic criteria
I have an MS Access form that uses a tab control with multiple tabs. On each tab, there are various fields. How can I color-- or if easier add some simple icon--to a particular tab (say tab 2 of 5 in the tab control) if a field on tab 2 meets some generic criteria like salary field is > 50000. I'm trying to give the operator a visual cue that tab 2 contains important data that should be reviewed--so the operator does not have to visit each tab to manually inspect all fields (which may contain only nominal values). If I could color tab #2 red or mark just tab #2 with an icon, then the o...

problem with arrays, trying to dynamicly change the background of tabs
I'm trying to figure out how to use an array with the below code: /*////original working code ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// function myTabs() { document.getElementById('bg_image').style.backgroundImage="url('../ image_files/images/Tab2.gif')"; } function changeBG() { document.getElementById('bg_image').style.backgroundImage="url('../ image_files/images/Tab3.gif')"; } function myTabs1() { document.getElementById('bg_image1').style.backgroundImage="url('../ image_files/images/Tab2.g...

multiline TEXT in Visual Basic .Net 2003 tabs
I'm currently working on a form that uses a tab page. One of the tabs consists of the words "preventative maintenance" now as you can see these words aren't exactly small and they are preventing me from using a consistant size form on the entire project. I thought it would be easy to have it make the words multiline however I can't find the control to do it. The only thing I have found is the control to have multiple LINES of tabs not multiple lines of text PER tab. Does anyone have any advice? ...

Hide a tab on a tab control
Dear All, I have a tab control with about 5 tabs on it. Depending on who logs on, I want to hide one particular tab. How do I do it? thanks John Fox Per John Fox: >Dear All, > >I have a tab control with about 5 tabs on it. > >Depending on who logs on, I want to hide one particular tab. > >How do I do it? Code below selects different tabs and makes some tabs invisible. 2160 With Me.tabMain 2161 If .Value = mTabMain_Page_Security Then 'If user walking a compressed list, don't want tb jumping back to sec if looking at docs 2162 ...

Tab order in Tab Control
Hey, I have a modeless dialog (as the main window) which contains a tab control. For each tab I have a child window. My problem lies in tabbing through the controls. As of now I can only tab through the controls in the main dialog. That is, the only control here is the tab control. What I want to achieve is to be able to tab through the controls on the current active tab's page. Any idea on how to do this? Thanks! Soren Dreijer wrote: > My problem lies in tabbing through the controls. As of now I can > only tab through the controls in the main dialog. Th...

tab 2 into tab 4 ?
Hello, I have python code which use tab=2. Recently I would like to change it into tab=4. Anyone has suggestion to convert easily and safely ? pujo <ajikoe@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1119205602.922944.204990@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... | Hello, | | I have python code which use tab=2. Recently I would like to change it | into tab=4. | | Anyone has suggestion to convert easily and safely ? Look at "reindent.py" in Tools\Scripts. -- Vincent Wehren | | pujo | Thanks it works! pujo ...

A2003
Access 2003 I have a main form with two tab forms, one showing Client, and the other Spouse info, each with Address tabs. When I click on the Client address tab, I would like to have the Spouses address tab show as well. Although the above is the primary issue to resolve, it would also be handy to go a step further...each Address tab has a sub-form with two tabs; Civic Address, and Mailing Address. Being able to click on the Clients Civic address tab, and viewing the Spouses Civic Address tab would be handy. Any guidance would be greatly received. Dave Forms: Main Form: frmMain - Cli...

tabbing order in tab controls
Hi How can I set the tabbing order of controls in a tab control on the front panel when having several other controls on the front panel. Right-click on the tab and select "Reorder controls In page" from the menu that pops up. This is not exactly what I meant. When I'm creating a local variable I can choose its destination (right-click - select item). Because there are so many I would like to reorder the tabbing order to choose the correct on the top. All this action are taken in the block diagramm. From the edit menu, select Set Tabbing order changing the tabbing order will also change the order the variables are listed when you want to list or select a local variable ...

Web resources about - Change background of tabs and tab area of a tabControl? - comp.lang.visual.basic

Index - 2,000 Things You Should Know About WPF
Below is a list of all posts created so far for the 2,000 Things You Should Know About WPF blog. Total number of posts = 1,077 Animation #7 - ...

ChuckHays.net
A user on the expression forums asked a question about how they could activate a specific tab item on a screen being navigated to. Below is a ...

patterns & practices: Prism - Issues
Prism provides guidance to design and build rich, flexible, and easy-to-maintain Windows Presentation Foundation and Silverlight.

Latest Updates
Latest Updates - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects.; Updated: 15 Feb 2013

jQuery Tabs
-*+While the TabControl provided by Microsoft in the AJAX toolkit is probably a bit easier to use, the Tabs in jQuery are not much harder to ...

01org · GitHub
GitHub is where people build software. More than 10 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 26 million projects. ...

C#選項卡瀏覽器控件 - 攞你命三千
1. 為什麼我們需要多選項卡的瀏覽器控件 項目中需要使用WinForm應用程序來包裝BS應用程序的瀏覽器外殼,在.NET的WebBrowser中沒有多選項卡瀏覽的自帶配置屬性,我們需要實現多選項卡的瀏覽器控件來實現包裝BS應用程序的目的,而不會彈出IE瀏覽器窗口。 2. 我們需要了解哪些知識點 ...

Controls
mahapps.metro a UI toolkit for WPF news guides controls about Controls Currently not all controls are documented. The list of controls with documentation ...

C# Walkthroughs
Developer Network Developer Network Developer Sign in MSDN subscriptions Get tools Technologies Cloud App Development Web Data Gaming Downloads ...

A Map for the Microsoft Application Development Platform
... Out-Of-Browser for Trusted Applications Full Suite of Controls (TextBox, RadioButton, Silder, Calendar, DatePicker, DataGrid, ListBox, TabControl, ...