change default printer

Hello!
i amn trying to add a Visuail basic 6 code to an excisting code that has the
purpose to change the current default printer to another printer by name and
then after the printer to change back to the old default printer again...

Anyone knows how to do this easy??

0
goJoe (1)
12/10/2005 1:19:55 PM
comp.lang.visual.basic 2233 articles. 0 followers. please859 (33) is leader. Post Follow

http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/system/defaultprinter.htm

http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/system/setdefaultprinter.htm

--

Randy Birch
MS MVP Visual Basic

:
: Anyone knows how to do this easy??
:
:

change default printer to network printer
Guys, I need help . I am using vb5. I am try to print one report @ two different location. 1) is default and 2) is on network. I am trying to set network printer as default for second time. The program was written in win98 and it is working good. but we are try to update all the computers for XP. Thanks for help Bharat Parekh *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** You can grab my printer swtich code here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com htt...

Code Change From Visual Basic.net
I am working on a tuturial that i have for Visual basic.net ( for now ) I am working with Visual Studio 2005. I have been working on a code to change the text color by the name put into the text box. Visual Basic .Net code. Label2.ForeColor = Color.FromName(TextBox1.Text) i get the error Name 'Color' is not declared. I was wondering if someone can show me how things would be in Visual Studio. thank you "JohnSmith" <SpamRepellent@yahoo.com>'s wild thoughts were released on Tue, 08 Aug 2006 21:07:01 GMT bearing the following fruit: >I am working on a tuturial that i have for Visual basic.net ( for now ) microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb This is a VB6 (and below) group. J >I am working with Visual Studio 2005. > >I have been working on a code to change the text color by the name put into >the text box. > >Visual Basic .Net code. >Label2.ForeColor = Color.FromName(TextBox1.Text) > >i get the error >Name 'Color' is not declared. > >I was wondering if someone can show me how things would be in Visual Studio. > >thank you > > Jan Hyde (VB MVP) -- If native Americans made a raw fish dinner, would it be called Souix-shi? (Obnoxio The Clown) ...

Change default printer
I have an application I'm working on in Delphi 5 (Win 2k) and I want to create a report which I can fax to various recipients. Creating the report is easy (I'm using Quick Reports), but I want to change the default printer driver and force the system to use a specific one (which is a fax driver), which will not be the Windows default printer. It should however, be set up the same on each PC so I will initially want to aim for that (and handle errors later). The problem is forcing it to use a specific printer driver. There aren't any obvious options in Quick Reports, so I ...

default printer changing
I have XP and 2 printers with the laserjet set as default but can change when I want to an all-in-one office jet to use if I wish. Suddenly, whenever I re-start the computer my default printer changes to the officejet all-in-one fax. How do I prevent this from happening? Thanks On Nov 15, 4:44=A0am, DMD31842 <ddavids...@verizon.net> wrote: > I have XP and 2 printers with the laserjet set as default but can > change when I want to an all-in-one office jet to use if I wish. > Suddenly, whenever I re-start the computer my default printer changes > to the officejet all-...

Change Default-Printer
Hi, I need a way, to change the Windows-Default-Printer by a Program without any action of the User. It is in a setup-program for an application that must use a special printer-driver. Thanks for the Help Matthias "Maxwell" <matthias.eiser@web.de> wrote in message news:2sldqnF1lra05U1@uni-berlin.de... > Hi, > I need a way, to change the Windows-Default-Printer by a Program without any > action of the User. It is in a setup-program for an application that must > use a special printer-driver. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=k...

how to change the change defaults
hi friends, it might be a stupid question to state. but i really need to know while programming, to change the defaults like changing the engineering notation of a real quantity i.e. fraction values or change the fix parameters to denote real value if our calculations involve the values as low as 0.000000001 and as high as 10000000. thanks hemu bisht ...

Change Default Printer Setting?
I'd like to change the default printer setting "Print Quality" from Normal to Fast Draft. How is this done? Option-Select'ing the menu choice doesn't seem to work. Or is it different for every printer driver? In other words, should I be calling HP? Stu (who hopes you are all well) NP: When It Was Now by Weather Report G'day Stu, A bit more info (type of Mac, what OS (9? 10.2.x? 10.3.x? 10.4?) and what type of HP printer would help generate more help ... But still, I have a G3 iMac running 10.3.9, with an HP psc 1210. Nothing I could do would change the def...

Change default printer port
I'm sending print jobs to a remote network. The firewall on the remote network maps ports to specific IP addresses. The trouble is, I have two printers that use the same default port (9100). I can change the port on the printer itself but how can I change the port in Unix to match? lmccluskey@bcdi.com (Larry) writes: > >I'm sending print jobs to a remote network. The firewall on the remote >network maps ports to specific IP addresses. The trouble is, I have >two printers that use the same default port (9100). I can change the >port on the printer itself but how can I ch...

openoffice
Hi I'm trying to work with the visual basic like language of the web part of openoffice, it looks a lot like visual basic. My question is, i'm trying to set focus to a certain textbox, but i can't get it to work. I used to remember that there was something like that in the control properties box in vb, like setfocus or something, but not here. Any tutorials on openoffice about the vb web thingie would be highly appreciated to. Thanks a bunch. ...

Problem changing default printer
I have to add one or more printers to to the profile of a user logged onto a remote computer. I've done this by updating the HKCU registry settings. This part works fine. I also have installed a utility on the remote computer that the user will execute to change the default printer to one of the newly installed printers. This is where I encounter problems. When the use executes the utility, it will NOT change the default printer. But if the user restarts the computer and executes the utility, the default printer will be successfully changed. So, my question is why the compu...

Visual Objects compared to Visual Basic and Visual C.
Who can explain me why I have to use VO instead of VB or VC? OR is is there no difference? With kind regards Rob van der Ploeg Rob, Every language has his (dis)advantages. The ones you mention are all wrappers around the Win32 API. VO is a very nice and easy language compared to VC. Data-access is famous with VO, but also memorymanagement, the cargage collector, ragged array's. and the result is fast and reliable code. You do not have to declare every variable if you do not want to. (but you will) Comparing to VB is VO a real OOP langangue where VB is not. You can write your own classes, inherit classes from VO classes or from your own classes, Overide methods, use both strong and loose typed variables, write early and late bound code VO comes with a SDK containing the sourcecode of the part of VO written in VO (almost everything except f.i. the compiler) With VO you get this newsgroup, where almost every question is answered within hours. VO has a prof. usergroup in the netherlands, check www.sdgn.nl. with very often very well organised conferences. I think it is the best organised usergroup in the world. VO is limitted to the Win32 api. A .NET version is announced, but withoot a releasedate yet. More inforrmation about VO can be found at www.cavo.com regards, Erik "Mobi-Data Helpdesk" <info@direcom.nl> schreef in bericht news:1070360435.358105@tbird.introweb.nl... > Who can explain me why I have to use...

Change default route + more basic networking
Hello, I have 2 SPARC machines with Solaris 10 and had to change the default route they were using. So I've put the new router IP address into the /etc/defaultrouter and then: "svcs -a | grep network" and tried to restart different services by using "svcadm restart XXX", but couldn't find the correct one. How do you do that (without rebooting and without using the "route delete/add default ..." manually)? Also I wonder about the basic networking: do you put the machine name into the /etc/hostname.NIC and then Solaris takes the corresponding IP for that ...

Cannot Open Report unless I change default printer
I have had this before in the past and just ignored it, but now I need a solution. Basically, using ACC2003 if I have one particular printer as the default, the reports will not open in design, preview, or print mode. If I change my default printer to some other printer it will work. Interesting point also is that I can print to the original printer as long as it is not set as the default? ...

Set or change the default printer in windows from Java
Hi, Using a Java app I would like to change Window's default printer. Is that possible? If not there is still the option of showing users the print dialog and let them set the default printer manually. Unfortunately the dialog shown by PrinterJob.printDialog() shows a dialog that doesn't provide the option to set the default printer :( Is there a way around this? Any help would be really appreciated. Kind regards, cyberco ...

Printer Issues - Change AD Password
Hi there, I currently use my Mac in a Windows only office. They have many printers and file shares set up with SMB sharing. They use Active Directory to authenticate users to the domain, as well as the shares. They are a requirement to change the password every 30 days. Unfortunately, this screws up the Windows network printers that I have added into my Mac. There seems to be NO way in the 10.3.5 GUI to change the password of a previously existing SMB network printer. Is there such a way? Is there a key that I need to press? Is there a command line terminal command to ent...

visual basic from visual C++
Hi, is it possible, and if so, to call a Vb macro from VC++. Or manipulate spreadsheets (ie draw graphs from the data within the workbooks) usinbg MFC functions cheers Anthony Anthony Moss wrote: > Hi, > is it possible, and if so, to call a Vb macro from VC++. Or manipulate > spreadsheets (ie draw graphs from the data within the workbooks) usinbg MFC > functions This group is for standard C++ language only. Compilers, Vb, spreadsheets, MFC are not part of the C++ standard and therefore most of the people don't know anything about them. Try asking in some MFC related new...

how to change the change defaults #2
hi friends, it might be a stupid question to state. but i really need to know while programming, to change the defaults like changing the engineering notation of a real quantity i.e. fraction values or change the fix parameters to denote real value if our calculations involve the values as low as 0.000000001 and as high as 10000000. thanks hemu bisht ...

Access randomly changed paper size for default printer
Greetings all! My problem is this. I've installed a new printer on my computer. This is the "default printer" for access. Now, some of my reports, which were working fine with the old printer, are now showing up with an odd view (very enlarged) in preview. If I go to page setup, and choose specific printer to then look at the paper size listed in my default printer, it shows Hegaki Card 100mmX148mm instead of letter. It seems as though if I change it, save the report (with the specific printer) and then switch back to the default printer and save again it's ok, but this s...

Print to Image Writer then change back to Default Printer (VBA)
I'm trying to create two buttons on a form called "Save" and "Print". The = Save option actually prints a report (designed to look like the form) to a = TIFF file using MS Document Image Writer as the printer and the Print optio= n is supposed to send that same report to the default printer (ie: NOT Docu= ment Image Writer). Having problems after sending the report to tiff file where if Print is sel= ected, the print dialog is still defaulting to Image Writer. There is no w= ay once Image Writer is defaulted to change to another printer. I created = several...

Default Printer changes unexpected after removing and re-connecting Laptop
Hi, I have a ThinkPad T42 with WinXP and a docking station. On the docking station there is connected a USB printer and a parallel printer. The USB printer is configured as the default printer. What me surprises now, after removing and reconnecting my T42 Laptop to the docking station the default printer changes (unexpected) to the parallel printer!?!?! Seems to me that WinXP recognizes that after disconnect the T42 from the docking station the default printer got lost and changes the default printer to the next available printer (my parallel printer). Unfortunately after connectin...

Install Printer Drivers using Visual Basic 6.0
Hello All, Is there a way from visual basic code that I can install a printer driver for a new printer that being added to the system? Thanks in advance for help with this! J wrote: > Hello All, > > Is there a way from visual basic code that I can install a printer driver > for a new printer that being added to the system? > > Thanks in advance for help with this! > > You can probably use a call to the WMI Scripting system. I use it to install base drivers on computers as a "manual" task, but calling it from VB is probably not ...

cd 4 "visual basic lang. developers handbook"
Hi I need the cd that came with this book. visual basic language developers handbook ISBN 0-7821-2162-4 I lost it or it was stolen or whatever. Any help would be welcome. Can you burn me a copy, zip it and send it, whatever. mail to : rbm@bellsouth.net thanks Did ya call the publisher? I think they'll send you a new CD for a nominal fee... or you might be able to download it. Not sure. It's been a while since I had to do something like that. Bob wrote: > Hi > I need the cd that came with this book. > > visual basic language > developers handbook > ISBN 0...

Searching for app that changes default printer depending on WIFI network connection
I use my laptop at home, school and my office. I am trying to find a software app that will automatically change my default printer in Windows XP depending on the wifi network I am connected to. See http://www.mobilenetswitch.com/ This will do what you require and also switch shares, network settings etc. between multiple sites... Works great on my Thinkpad between home and various Uni locations.... Guy Joe Blo wrote: > I use my laptop at home, school and my office. > I am trying to find a software app that will automatically change my > default printer in Windows XP depending o...

When using &quot;Print Report&quot; my default printer changes.
Hello, &nbsp; I have the need to print two different kinds of reports to two different printers depending on which report it is.&nbsp; I use the Office toolkit and wire the correct printer for the report using the "Print Report" tool.&nbsp; However, each time I do this, it changes the default printer in Windows to the printer wired.&nbsp; I don't want to change the default printer just send the report to the specified printer.&nbsp; Is there a work around? Hi The Q, a workaround could be to read first which&nbsp;the default printer is, then print your pag...

Web resources about - change default printer - comp.lang.visual.basic

Credit default swap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sovereign credit default swap prices of selected European countries (2010-2011). The left axis is basis points, or 100ths of a percent; a level ...

INFOGRAPHIC: The History Of Facebook's Default Privacy Settings
INFOGRAPHIC: The History Of Facebook's Default Privacy Settings

Secure browsing by default
We now use https by default for all Facebook users. This feature, which we first introduced as an option two years ago , means that your browser ...

北方理財團隊的家園:http://group.hexun.com/m132312/default.html外汇交易员芬芳fenfang恭候您! - 芬芳FENFANG - 和讯博客
北方理財團隊的家園:http://group.hexun.com/m132312/default.html外汇交易员芬芳fenfang恭候您! - 芬芳FENFANG - 芬芳FENFANG的博客 - 和讯博客

Tab applications for musicians look to innovate after Facebook removes default landing function
... landing tabs. Most page applications have experienced significant drops in daily and monthly active users now that Facebook removed the default ...

Google AdWords Regional Targeting (Default for US) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Tamar Weinberg's photos on Flickr. Tamar Weinberg has uploaded 4087 photos to Flickr.

[3DS] Bravely Default: AR (English Subs) - YouTube
Turn on Annotations For Subs -May redo them as real CC subtitles- ★EDIT☆ ☆上から撮影した映像はこちら ★The top view video is here http://www.youtube.com/w ...

Default password leaves tens of thousands of Optus cable subscribers at risk
When Alex* found flaw in his cable modem that allowed anyone to receive and make calls using his number, his jaw dropped.

Chrome 49 released to stable channel, smooth scrolling now enabled by default
Chrome 49 is rolling out now to Mac, Windows, and Linux. The latest version of the browser contains the usual bug and security fixes, but this ...