FileSystemWatcher in VisualStudio 12 or VS Express 13 - can you please help?

The documentation states that I can use a FileSystemWatcher to monitor for
changes in a network drive. My code sets the .Path property, then sets
EnableRaisingEvents = True and .IncludeSubdirectories = True. I have tried a
Path syntax of \\<server>\<folder>, and the FileSystemWatcher will not raise
events. If I map \\<server> to a local drive letter and use <drive_letter>:
\<folder>, the FileSystemWatcher still does not raise events. I have no problems
at all watching a truly-local path such as CL\Windows. Any suggestions would be
most welcomed! Thanks for caring...

Posted with NewsLeecher v7.0 Beta 7
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

0
RalphCramden
9/13/2015 5:46:10 PM
comp.lang.visual.basic 2233 articles. 0 followers. please859 (33) is leader. Post Follow

labview vs visual basic vs visual C
Hi, &nbsp; I am hoping to get advice about LabVIEW vs Visual&nbsp;Basic/C for developing education software.&nbsp; I have programmed in LabVIEW for test and measurement applications.&nbsp; I have also programmed a couple of short programs in C , but have never programmed in Visual C or Visual basic.&nbsp; I want to develop software for educational purposes for students with special needs such as spelling and reading comprehension programs.&nbsp; These programs would involve a lot of displaying text, graphics and sounds to the students and measuring student inputs via ...

Please help me! VRML + Visual Basic
Hi, i'm a vrml noobie. I' trying to finish my school with a thesis based on a VB control (an ActiveX based on Map Objects), and his interation with a VRML world (i'm using Cortona Plugin). The problem is that i need to higlight in some way an element of the vrml world, from the VB ActiveX. For example: - I make a query in the 2d Environment, like "the closest restaurant from where I am" - Map Objects show me the restaurant as a red point in the map. - Clicking the red point, vrml world moves flying to the restaurant. I know it seems complicated, i hope i ex...

Please Help ... Visual Basic controlling other programs
I can use either VB6 or .Net running under WinXP. What I'd like to do is to open a program from my program, and be able to "click" buttons in the other program, and to "type" text into input fields. The other program is a freeware video clip frame grabber, that generates contact sheets of photos. I'd need to enter path/filename information, click the "Start" button, change numbers in input fields for number of pictures across/down on the contact sheet, and detect when the program finishes. Would I use Windows API functions for these tasks? Is this even po...

please please please PLEASE help!
Hi, I've asked this question a couple of times before on this forum but no one seems to be nice enough to point me to the right direction or help me out with any information, if possible. Please help me out with this because this is a very serious issue for me and I need to learn more about this. And here it is again: I've been running postgres on my server for over a year now and the tables have become huge. I have 3 tables that have data over 10GB each and these tables are read very very frequently. In fact, heavy searches on these tables are expected every 2 to 3...

please please please PLEASE help!
Hi, I've asked this question a couple of times before on this forum but no one seems to be nice enough to point me to the right direction or help me out with any information, if possible. Please help me out with this because this is a very serious issue for me and I need to learn more about this. And here it is again: I've been running postgres on my server for over a year now and the tables have become huge. I have 3 tables that have data over 10GB each and these tables are read very very frequently. In fact, heavy searches on these tables are expected every 2 to 3 minutes. T...

please please please PLEASE help!
Hi, I've asked this question a couple of times before on this forum but no one seems to be nice enough to point me to the right direction or help me out with any information, if possible. Please help me out with this because this is a very serious issue for me and I need to learn more about this. And here it is again: I've been running postgres on my server for over a year now and the tables have become huge. I have 3 tables that have data over 10GB each and these tables are read very very frequently. In fact, heavy searches on these tables are expected every 2 to 3 minutes. T...

common statement - what is the visual basic equivalent
I am trying to convert a fortran program into visual basic and have come across a command I don't understand. My fortran research talked about putting data into common blocks, but that left me as mystified as before. The line states: common /ambsa/ tt,idum what is the purpose of the above fortran command and what is the visual basic equivalent of the above statement. Thank you very much for any insight you can give me. Please take out the "qwerty"s if you wish to email me. Respectfully yours, Steven Repstock Steven Repstock wrote: > I am trying to convert a fortran pr...

Create Meetings / Invitations using Visual Basic
Hi all, kinda banging my head against the wall here, and could do with some advice. I am trying to write a piece of VB (it will be ASP eventually) which will take a set of data (meeting title, start time, attendee email addresses, etc) from our app, and interface with Lotus Notes to create a Lotus Notes Meeting/Invitation and then send out the Invitation to the Attendees via Lotus Notes e-mail. Ideally, we would like to allow the user to be able to manually edit the Invitation *before* it is sent to the Attendees, but I think that's a bit far away at the moment. So, I am ...

Boolean Expression in Query Access vs vb.net (Please Help!)
Hi! I'm trying to create a query with a boolean expression like this: select (4 and 1) as Value from Table1 this query return always -1, but when I make the same calculation in visual basic, the value returned is 0. Can anyone tell me why the expression (4 and 1) return different value between access and vb.net?, how can I get the same value in both programs? Thanks in advance. Bye. On 1 Sep 2006 12:48:53 -0700, "rguarnieri" <ruben@hmstrategies.com> wrote: >Hi! > >I'm trying to create a query with a boolean expression like this: > >select (4 and ...

Visual Basic help when in Visual Studio 2010
I used to do a lot of development with VB4 and then a little with VB6. In either of those, if I placed my cursor in a keyword or a library function and hit F1, VB Help opened to a reference page that was for the keyword or function I had the cursor in. My current employer has gone all out and gotten me Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate, but when I hit F1 in the code editor, I get a web browser popping open to the MSDN Code and Text Editor help page. Is there any way to get context- sensitive help for VB 2010 inside VS 2010? Al in St. Lou (Moved in 2005) This group is primarily for VB (...

Detecting IDE Devices (Primary/Secondary & Master/Slave) in Visual Basic Help Please
hi, i am trying to make a very simple program that will just detect and output your currently connected IDE devices. It will look something like this: IDE PRIMARY MASTER: IDE PRIMARY SLAVE: IDE SECONDARY MASTER: IDE SECONDARY SLAVE: And it will just show you what you have connected. I have been researching for hours and hours for how to do this and I've come up with NOTHING! Is this even possible? I know what you're going to say, why do that when you can just see the same information in your BIOS when your computer boots up. I know I can do that, but I want a way to do it in wi...

Help Help Help
Hi everybody there... I want to develop an application that uses GUIDE and will have two windows figures(figure1 and figure2). In figure1 the user will write down in a text box a string. Then figure1 closes, load figure2 and use that string. Finally, I would like to ask how can I use mouse click event. I would really appreciate any help of you. Thank you in advance.. NM Hi, see examples in the documentation : http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/creating_guis/exampleindex.html J�r�me On Mar 14, 12:38 pm, nm <nmihaili...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi everybody ther...

HELP HELP PLEASE HELP
i have written a slighly bastardized version of the class web page which is given as an example of how to use the html tokenizer. What I've written is: def parse(host) dict = { } @body= host.getHTML() if !@body return end theTags = ['select','input'] for x in theTags do tokenizer = HTMLTokenizer.new(@body) while tag = tokenizer.getTag(x) name = tag.attr_hash['name'] type = tag.attr_hash['type'] if name != nil then dict[type]=name ...

would you please help me to convert this matlab code to visual basic 6.0 code? thanks before, i really need it
for bma= 1 : baris for kma= 1 : hidden vsimpan = 0; for jhitung= 1 : kolom vsimpan = vsimpan + ((x(bma,jhitung)-center(jhitung,kma))^2); end H(bma,kma) = exp(vsimpan/weight(1,kma)) end end for i = 1:5 if t(i,:) == 1 tbaru(i,:) = [1 0 0 0 0]; elseif t(i,:) == 2 tbaru(i,:) = [0 1 0 0 0]; elseif t(i,:) == 3 tbaru(i,:) = [0 0 1 0 0]; elseif t(i,:) == 4 tbaru(i,:) = [0 0 0 1 0]; else tba...

Re: please please please PLEASE help!
Steve, I'm a little short on PostgreSQL experience, but gaining fast. I'm more o= f an Oracle nut. But I think you've pin pointed the problem, namely disk c= ontention. The easiest solution I can think of would be to stripe the volu= me group across all three drives thereby spreading the pain across the driv= es. One other item I'd look at is creating an index that specifically answ= ers the most frequent queries. Depending on your OS, you could mirror the = data across two of the drives at the OS level, which would also spread the = pain. Another solution, but...

Web resources about - FileSystemWatcher in VisualStudio 12 or VS Express 13 - can you please help? - comp.lang.visual.basic

Opinion: FileSystemWatcher - A Cool Thing I Didn’t Know About Until Recently
[ Q-Games' ( PixelJunk ) Ben Carter talks about how the FileSystemWatcher utility has made a "massive difference" to his studio's build system, ...

Visual Basic Walkthroughs
Sign in MSDN subscriptions Get tools http://www.facebook.com/microsoftdeveloper https://twitter.com/msdev http://plus.google.com/111221966647232053570/ ...

Script Powershell FileSystemWatcher
This script uses the .net FileSystemWatcher class to subscribe to 'create', 'change' and 'delete' events on files or folders in the NTFS filesystem.It ...

Tutorials - Switch on the Code
Username: Password: Register - Forgot Password Home Tutorials Forums News & Other Posts Podcast About Us Contact Us Tutorials .NET C# Snippet ...