How do I 'SELECT All' text in a text box

I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command
butten.

Thank for help
Dave
0
last2try (4)
5/2/2004 11:29:33 PM
comp.lang.visual.basic 2233 articles. 0 followers. please859 (33) is leader. Post Follow

Try this...

Private Sub Command1_Click()
  With Text1
    .SelStart = 0
    .SelLength = Len(.Text)
    .SetFocus
  End With
End Sub

Rick - MVP

"Dave" <last2try@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command
> butten.
>
> Thank for help
> Dave

Controlling the text in plot 'xyz' title 'text'

??? document.getElementById('ID').style.-moz-user-select = 'text' ???
Hallo, of course, this doesn't work: document.getElementById('ID').style.-moz-user-select = 'text'; - but i hope it shows my problem... Is it possible to set this css option by javascript and how? Is there any workaround for that? I'd need this to temporarily avoid text selection. Many thanks and best regards, Michael Michi wrote: > Hallo, > > of course, this doesn't work: > document.getElementById('ID').style.-moz-user-select = 'text'; > - but i hope it shows my problem... > > Is it possible to set this css option by jav...

Change the text of a 'Static Text'
Hello, I work now at a GUI in matlab. And I have the following code (function) for a Button Callback: function Button_Callback(hObject, eventdata, handles) set(handles.Status,'String','Busy!'); .... %.. some code that requires several seconds .... set(handles.Status,'String','Idle'); handles.Status is the handle for a StaticText control. What I want to do is to change the Text(Label) for the static text at the beginning (in "BUSY") and when everything is done to change it to "IDLE". My problem is that the Label/Text is changed only at t...

Transfer 'text' from edit text box of GUI1 to uitable (specific cell A1) of GUI
Good day! I would like to ask on how to transfer the 'text' entered by the user on GUI's edit box to a specific cell on GUI2's uitable. So far, what I have already done is to save the 'text' from the edit box to an excel file however the 'text' is save one character per cell on the spreadsheet (meaning that when the user typed 'Name', it then saves it on excel with this format: A1: 'N', A2: 'a', A3: 'm', A4: 'e') I have used the following codes: txt = get(handles.edit1, 'string'); xlswrite('Database.xl...

'dataread' and 'textscan' Large Text Files
Hi folks, I have a working Simulink model in SimEvents which reads data from a text file. Each row includes entitiy attributes which I assign to an entity generated by an Entity Generator block. The porblem I'm experiencing now is the long time it takes to finish reading/extracting all of the rows each clock time. You see, when I did my coding at the beginning, I was working on small files, say 150-ish rows each. Now, I'm dealing with > 40k rows. Here is a brief on my coding/functions I've implemented: First, I have an Entity Generator. The number of entites leaving the b...

Swapping '<' and '>' when text is not HTML

error fopen('text.txt','w')
i am a beginner in Matlab guys, so i can't figure out what's wrong with my code. i need to open a text file and write data to it, but i got an error. here my simple code (sorry, my English is bad) >> pwd ans = C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2012a >> fid=fopen('text.txt','w') fid = -1 The text.txt doesn't exist. On 11/1/2015 11:48 PM, Tunggul Sagala wrote: > i am a beginner in Matlab guys, so i can't figure out what's wrong with my code. >i need to open a text file and write data to it, but i got an error. here my si...

'^=' and '~='?

conditional selection of 'AND' or 'Select' in Oracle
I am working on Oracle reports . One of the parameters that a User inputs is 'report_type'. Now, is there a way to do the following within a SQL query with no use of procedures or functions. select blaa from foo where something = something // if report_type='some_data' then and somethingelse = something else //else do nothing Also, IS there a way of doing something like the following // if report_type='some_data' then select blaa from foo where something = something // if report_type='some_data' then and somethin...

conditional selection of 'AND' or 'Select' in Oracle
I am working on Oracle reports . One of the parameters that a User inputs is 'report_type'. Now, is there a way to do the following within a SQL query with no use of procedures or functions. select blaa from foo where something = something // if report_type='some_data' then and somethingelse = something else //else do nothing Also, IS there a way of doing something like the following // if report_type='some_data' then select blaa from foo where something = something // if report_type='some_data' then and somethingelse = something else //else do nothing else select blass1 from foo where something = something // if report_type='some_data' then and somethingelse = something else //else do nothing On 16 Apr 2004 16:45:13 -0700, rohit_reborn@yahoo.com (Rohit Dhawan) wrote: >Now, is there a way to do the following within a SQL >query with no use of procedures or functions. No -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA "Rohit Dhawan" <rohit_reborn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c76d1c78.0404161545.7397755a@posting.google.com... > I am working on Oracle reports . One of the parameters that a User > inputs is > 'report_type'. Now, is there a way to do the following within a SQL > query with no use of procedures or functions. > > select blaa from foo where > > something = somet...

q on 'record', 'field' separators in text files
What characters if any are typically used to delimit 'fields' and 'records' in a text file? I'm working on a rewrite of an app that stores some data in text files and uses '|' and "\n" as 'field' and 'record' separators, respectively. I want to replace these and have been thinking of using "\e" and "\0", respectively, to allow data in a field to use the current two separators. Would it be ill-advised in particular to use \0? (The app currently runs on *nix, in case this is important.) thanks spark On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 08:58:52 -0600 sparkane <nertz@numb.no> wrote: > What characters if any are typically used to delimit 'fields' and > 'records' in a text file? > > I'm working on a rewrite of an app that stores some data in text > files and uses '|' and "\n" as 'field' and 'record' separators, > respectively. I want to replace these and have been thinking of > using "\e" and "\0", respectively, to allow data in a field to use > the current two separators. Would it be ill-advised in particular > to use \0? (The app currently runs on *nix, in case this is > important.) More often than not, ':' and ',' are used for text (aka CSV or "flat file") databases. Use of other characters *may* lead to issues you may not have thought of. One may be you leaving your o...

How to draw text as Matlab does for 'Az' & 'El'
Hello all: I would like to know the method to draw text on Figure in the similar as Matlab does for displaying the value of 'Az' & 'El'. For example: >> surf(peaks(35)) >> view(3) Then, I click the 'Rotate 3D' toolbutton. Wheneve I move my mouse, the Matlab automatically updates and display the current 'Az' & 'El' on the left bottom of the current Figure. Is it possible I could display the text in the same way as Matlab does? Thank you very much! -Daniel ...

Vertical alinement of text in a GUI 'static text' object
Hi to all, I have problems to verticaly aline text in GUI's 'static text' objects. For example, if the height of the 'static text' is set to 25 pixels and the font size to 12 the text is not verticaly centerd. While there is a property for horizontal alinement, I found no such property for vertical one. Can someone help? Thanks, Utzli ...

Can't "click through" Static Text even with 'HitTest' set to 'off'?
I've got a GUI with some static text labels that I created in an .m file using the uicontrol() function. I made sure upon creation to set 'HitTest' to 'off'. I can check the controls after the fact, and indeed they all have 'HitTest' set to 'off'. However, I have a ButtonDownFcn call for the entire figure (I'm trying to tell when the user clicks on a specific piece of static text, but the text controls are generated dynamicall). If the user clicks on the figure background, the function executes properly. However, when the static text controls ...

Change text color of uicontrol whose 'Enable' property is 'off'
I would like to change the text color of a uicontrol whose 'Enable' property is set to 'off' Is there a way to do this? "Nate Jensen" wrote in message <j6spf2$pqn$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > I would like to change the text color of a uicontrol whose 'Enable' property is set to 'off' > > Is there a way to do this? Does being not-enabled specifically prevent this? Are you asking for an automatic method, like whenever you set something's enable to "off" it automatically recolors it too? And are you sure you dont ju...

Why doesn't the 'ButtonDownFcn' of my static text box get activated when it is located above a frame? (Solution Number: 1-19EAA)
from jrobinson@sara.com: Here is a work-around I used, for MATLAB 7.3: %Edit text with Max=2 causes problem in MATLAB Solution Number: 1-19EAA hEdit = uicontrol(hFig,'style','edit', 'Max', 1); set(hEdit, 'ButtonDownFcn','Soln_1_19EAA_CB'); function Soln_1_19EAA_CB hEdit = gco; set(hEdit, 'Max', 2); set(hEdit, 'Enable', 'on'); set(hEdit, 'ButtonDownFcn', ''); return ...

selecting text in 'edit' style uicontrol
Hello, I have a problem that I hope someone can help me solve. I have created a GUI which contains an editable text style uiControl which allows the user to type in a password, but replaces the text being typed into the uiControl with asterisks. (I borrowed the idea from Jeremy Smith's login.m file on MATLAB's File Exchange web page.) I use the uiControl's 'KeyPressFcn' property to capture and replace the last key pressed by the user as they type in the password. If the user types a backspace, I act accordingly by removing the last character in the string...

Perl/Tk: 'selection conversion left too many bytes unconverted' error on large text selection
Hi all, I've written about this before, but it's come back and I still haven't found what the problem is. Basically, in Perl/Tk if a textbox has a lot of text in it (no idea on the limit yet - all I know is that it has to be a _lot_ of text), and all the text is selected (and therefore copied to the clipboard) the entire perl process is halted, the gui disappears and the error: selection conversion left too many bytes unconverted appears on the command line. This appears to be a tcl panic error (hence the cross-post to comp.lang.tcl as I'm not sure where the problem i...

Solution [ Perl/Tk: 'selection conversion left too many bytes unconverted' error on large text selection ]
After I got bitten enough by this error and found no solution on the web I had to debug it myself. For me it looks like the following: - text get selected from Tk::Text - TkSelPropProc in ./pTk/mTk/unix/tkUnixSelect.c gets called to handle the selection which determines that the display supports utf-8 and thus gets Encoding::utf8 as the responsable encoder (see Encode::Encoding for the interface) - then it calls Tcl_UtfToExternal to convert the selection from internal format to utf8, this function is defined in encGlue.c and just calls CallEncode in the same fil...

Can text be formatted when using 'Append report text.vi'?
The example that ships with LabVIEW 7 'Generate Report from Template (Word).vi' uses 'Append report text' to insert text into a word template via bookmarks. My question is can this text be formatted in any way (e.g. fontsize, fontcolor, ...)? It seems I can't format the bookmark and I can't format the transmitted text. It always appears in Normal Arial 12pt. Thanks! Use the Set Report Font.vi after the New Report.vi. You can set the text color, font, size, etc. Thank you, this works well for formatting the whole report. I also found that the Word Format Text.vi plac...

Access Report Footer displaying the sum of a text box values in the Detail in another text box in the page's footer
How can I (if I can) display the sum of a text box values in the Detail in another text box in the page's footer? For example, I have a text box called "txtPoints" in the detail which displays the total points for a current activity. As it cycles through all the activities it displays the various points for each activity. In the page's footer I want to display the total points. Here's what I have in the control source for the totals textbox: =Sum([txtPoints].[Text]) but that doesn't work. Any suggestions? On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:17:03 GMT, Richard Hollenbe...

How to extract words containing 'ab' & 'cd' in a text file?
Can anyone do it? ARMY1987- what say? On May 30, 10:00 am, Umesh <fraternitydispo...@gmail.com> wrote: > Can anyone do it? ARMY1987- what say? Please do not post homework. Show the code. thanks >>>>> "U" == Umesh <fraternitydisposal@gmail.com> writes: U> Can anyone do it? ARMY1987- what say? If you have to ask, it's obvious that not anyone can do it, but as I can do it, I know someone can. Perhaps you should attempt it and see what you come up with. Charlton -- Charlton Wilbur cwilbur@chromatico.net "Umesh" <frate...

Android People app, 'call'/'text' actions and VOIP softphones
Nexus 7, running Android 4.1. It's the wifi only version, so has no GSM radio. To make voice calls I have two apps installed: Skype and MobileVOIP (a SIP client from Betamax for their myriad of different brands). In the 'People' display of the tablet, I get a list of contacts. It has entries like: John Smith Voice: +44 1234567890 If I press on 'Voice' I get to choose either Skype or MobileVOIP. If I press Skype, Skype starts, flashes up an error and closes. If I press MobileVOIP it opens to send a text to +44 1234567890. It doesn't offer to make ...

'''''''''''''The Running Update/Append Queries Using VBA code Ordeal''''''''''''''
Hello fellow programmers, I am trying to run an append/update query from code, a command button on a form initiates the queries. the format i am using is; _____________________________________________________ SELECT "criteria" FROM "criteria" WHERE "criteria" UPDATE/APPEND "field selections" RecordSource "qryExample" = above text strings" _______________________________________________________________________ When i am running a SELECT query in this manner it works fine with no problems, and accepts the values of specified linked for...

Web resources about - How do I 'SELECT All' text in a text box - comp.lang.visual.basic