converting vrml FontStyle size to Point Font size

I read in the VRML 1.0(C) spec that the units of the FontStyle size
field are in "object space units." How can I convert this to a
standard font size ala "points" (e.g. 10pt, 12pt, 14pt...)?

0
mscdex
8/20/2007 5:11:16 AM
comp.lang.vrml 1409 articles. 0 followers. natty2006 (372) is leader. Post Follow

"mscdex" <mscdex@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I read in the VRML 1.0(C) spec that the units of the FontStyle size
> field are in "object space units." How can I convert this to a
> standard font size ala "points" (e.g. 10pt, 12pt, 14pt...)?

 15 Ciceros=16 Picas, 15 Didots=16 Points

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/specifications/
ISO-IEC-19775-X3DAbstractSpecification_Revision1_to_Part1/
Part01/components/text.html

That is the link to the latest and greatest X3D.
Nothing has changed, really, if you accept any
differences between VRML1 and VRML2.

"object space units" means the explicit scaling applied to
VRML and X3D spacetime. By default, the displacement
from a 0 to a 1 is either one meter or one second.
For meters, the model object units may be scaled
by its parent hierarchy. For Text, this is set by size
and spacing where the line height is size times spacing
so you can work leading using relative values.

Now that CSS is stable and giantly accepted, maybe we
will see some XML X3D implementations using CSS
definitions for text styling and layout.

If you are modeling a type setting machine, then
Google font point size.

If you are displaying text, just figure out fontstyle choices
reasonable for your visualization of the content relative to
its environment.
Since X3D handles complex International layout properties,
there are many possibilities,

Also, please have a look at X3D players that are providing
vector-based 2D text rendering, both screen-aligned and
to an arbitrary 2D surface in the scene. .

Best Regards,
Joe

0
Joe

Adjusting font-size for system font-size
In Windows XP, there's an accessability wizard that allows the user to change the font size for readability. There's probably something similar in other operating systems. I think it would be a nice thing to do for any users with large system font sizes to detect that and offer up an alternative stylesheet. I don't know how to approach this, though, and I'm sure it involves more than CSS. Is it possible to detect this setting? Ian -- http://www.bookstacks.org/ On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:53:45 GMT, Ian <blank@blank.com> wrote: >I think it would be a nice th...

accessibility: possible to determine browser-chosen point size of a relative font-size?
All my font-sizes are set as relative sizes in CSS (large, medium, small, x-small, etc). Let's say something is set in CSS to be xx-large, but a visually impaired user wants it displayed even bigger. Can a script determine an element's absolute size, *as it is being rendered by the browser*, and then increment the element's font-size in absolute terms? Thanks! Timo Well, I have this script that makes a line span the screen size. You can ofcourse always do something like document.body.style.fontSize='5cm'; This would make characters about 5 centimeters high. <htm...

font-size starting size
Hello, I just joined this group and saw the discussion "What do you think of resizing 1em to 10px?" I am somewhat confused by what y'all think should be used as a reference size. I was surprised that someone actually suggested ems as a reference. Ems are relative to a selected point size, the width in points of a capital M. If no point size is given, what size does an em become? The browser obviously must decide. Also setting the body text to 62.5% is, well, stupid. % of what? I should *assume* 16 pixels? Bad thinking. And not my experience with browsers. ...

Font size and plot size.
Using version 7.1, I have a plot that I make and it looks fine. I put a title on the plot it looks fine. The boss wants the font of the title and x and y labels bigger, so I set(0,'DefaultTextFontSize',24); set(0,'DefaultAxisFontSize',24); as the first 2 lines of my m file. Now the plot looks like hell because the title is clipped. Why isn't matlab 'smart enough' to figure out that it needs to make the plot smaller? What do I need to do to not have the title clipped? (new boss and/or smaller font size are not viable options :-) Bruce -- +-------------...

change matlab workspace font size and editor font size
dear all I wish to change the workspace font size and the editor font size. How do I do it? Thanks in advance, Thanks I have the suggestion in another question posted earlier. "langtran" <lang.tran@iom-world.org> wrote in message news:7795881.1207239680638.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org... > dear all > I wish to change the workspace font size and the editor font size. How do > I do it? > Thanks in advance, Open the Preference window using the Preferences menu item on the File menu. There is a Fonts item in the Preferences that will let ...

Preferred Size, Minimum Size, Size
I'm a little confused when I should use the various JComponent methods: setPreferredSize, setMinimumSize and setSize. From what I can tell: setPreferredSize(Dimension) - This is (obviously) the preferred size of the component. As far as I can tell, this is used to determine what size the component should be when pack() is used. setMinimumSize - The component cannot be any smaller than this. setSize - Set the current size (hard value). What I'm confused about is... 1. When I should use each method. 2. Currently, when I resize a frame, the JTextBoxes will resize for part of the ti...

Figures captions font size bigger than font size used in document
Hi, I would kindly appreciate some help if someobody could show me (if it is possible - ???) how to give a figure a caption text of the same size that is used on the text of the hole document currently set to footnotesize. While placing caption to figures the caption text is of the size "normalsize" and it is desired to have a caption with font size "footnotesize" Many work arounds were tried with the following commands, \floatingfigure \includegraphics \epsfig \minipage the web was searched and some books consulted with out success Best Regards On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 05:30:49 +0100, Lathe_Biosas <lathe_biosas@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I would kindly appreciate some help if someobody could show me (if it > is possible - ???) > how to give a figure a caption text of the same size that is used on > the text of the hole document currently set to footnotesize. > > While placing caption to figures the caption text is of the size > "normalsize" and it is desired to have a caption with font size > "footnotesize" > > Many work arounds were tried with the following commands, > \floatingfigure > \includegraphics > \epsfig > \minipage > > the web was searched and some books consulted with out success I think you will find the caption package a great relief then. Be sure to grab the latest version from CTAN, see <http://www.ctan.org/info?id=caption>. -- Morten Perfe...

font size relative to "top level" font size

How to make sure that font style/size in graphics matches with text font/size?
Hi, I'm writing my phd thesis with pdfLaTeX (KOMA script package with "standard" serif fonts, 11 pt) and now have to create technical drawings, schemes and diagrams. (My thesis is about engineering, so there will have to be some technical drawings and sketches, flow charts and schemes, fotos and many many graphs... I'm writing on a PowerBook with OS X, but am also working on a PC with Windows XP.) I'm not sure what software to use to create (vector) graphics and how to ensure that font size and style look good with the text of the document... Should the text in the grap...

Convert Variable-size to fixed-size
hi, i'm trying to convert Variable-size to fixed-size. i'm dealing with switch block which sends picked image to 2D FIR Filter. in switch block i'm obligated to check 'Allow different data input sizes' 'cause sizes of pictures aren't the same, and that's when they turn into Variable-size. Massage error: Simulink cannot propagate the variable-size mode from the output port 1 of 'LDWS_cross_size/Lane Detection/2-D FIR Filter' to the input port 1 of 'LDWS_cross_size/Lane Detection/Saturation'. This input port expects a fixed-size mode. Examine the c...

Could a struct with size 44 bytes point always points to a char array with size 2048 bytes?
For example: the msg = temp_buf; is alwawys ok? //test_msg.cpp struct msg_head { char a01[4]; char a02[4]; char a03[4]; char a04[4]; char a05[4]; char a06[4]; char a07[4]; char a08[4]; char a09[4]; char a10[4]; char a11[4]; }; int main() { struct msg_head * msg; char temp_buf[2048]; ... msg = temp_buf; ... } eagle_jyjh@citiz.net wrote: > > For example: > > the > msg = temp_buf; > is alwawys ok? No, not always. There may be alignment issues. > > //test_msg.cpp ..c is probably a better way to end your c program names, unless they are really c++ pr...

Could a struct with size 44 bytes point always points to a char array with size 2024 bytes?
For example: the msg = temp_buf; is alwawys ok? //test_msg.cpp struct msg_head { char a01[4]; char a02[4]; char a03[4]; char a04[4]; char a05[4]; char a06[4]; char a07[4]; char a08[4]; char a09[4]; char a10[4]; char a11[4]; }; int main(void) { struct msg_head * msg; char *p_temp_buf = new char[2024]; ... msg = (struct msg_head *)p_temp_buf; ... delete p_temp_buf; return 0; } or the following is always OK? int main(void) { struct msg_head * msg; char temp_buf[2024]; ... msg = (struct msg_head *)temp_buf; ... return 0; } eagle_jyjh@citiz.net wrote: ...

Changing fonts and point size
I am trying to get a few fields in my printer file to print Helvetica 85-Pt and also 90-Pt or something similar. I don't have PSF/400 so I can not use IPDS. I am printing to a HP8150 using HPT HP8000. I am not very familiar with fonts nor am I with WSCST. Is there a font I can specify in the DDS of the printer file or I am going to have to change the WSCST for HP8000 or is there a way to send an embed the printer control commands. I believe I have the ASCII Font string for each. I have "s1o85v4s3b24580T" for the Helvetica 85-Pt. Oh and I am on V5R2. Let me know if you nee...

Converting Font-Size To Pixels
Hey, I've got the following code: <font font-size="7">Hello</font> How can I calculate the font-size int the actual size in pixels? Thanks ahead! --sternr Ram <SternR@gmail.com> wrote in news:1178029544.763823.300580 @c35g2000hsg.googlegroups.com: > Hey, > I've got the following code: > <font font-size="7">Hello</font> > > How can I calculate the font-size int the actual size in pixels? > > Thanks ahead! that code is insanely bad. you can't do it. you should be setting font sizes, and everything else r...

!LaTex Error : The font size command \normal size is not defined.
Hello , I am novice to Latex.I have installed teTex release version3.0. I am trying to compile one of the tex files using latex , but unable to because of latex error. !LaTex Error : The font size command \normal size is not defined. there is probably something wrong with the class file. Can anybody please help me in resolving this. Thanks in advance Bhuvana "bhuvana" <bhuvana.aradhya@gmail.com> writes: >I am novice to Latex.I have installed teTex release version3.0. >I am trying to compile one of the tex files using latex , but unable to >because of latex error. > >!LaTex Error : The font size command \normal size is not defined. >there is probably something wrong with the class file. > >Can anybody please help me in resolving this. being a novice, you've probably not been told about the uk tex faq, http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq -- if you'd known about it, you might have found. http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=normalszmiss unless you're using some really broken documentclass, the likeliest thing is you've forgotten the \documentclass command in your document. you would probably profit from looking one of the standard "getting started" latex tutorials -- i always recommend the "not so short guide" http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/info/lshort/english/lshort.pdf but there's a large list in http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=tutorials -- Robin (http://www.tex.ac.uk/f...

Convert VRML 1.0 file to VRML 2.0
hi, Does anybody know if there is a software that would convert the source code of a VRML 1.0 file to VRML 2.0? I have searched extensively and any links I find are old and no longer in use. GF On Oct 21, 4:00=A0am, grungefreak1 <grungefre...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi, > > Does anybody know if there is a software that would convert the source > code of a VRML 1.0 file to VRML 2.0? > > I have searched extensively and any links I find are old and no longer > in use. > > GF Try to use vr1tovr2, see http://www.interocitors.com/polyhedra/vr1tov...

Problems resizing, increasing font size, control size etc
Hi there I need to provide a facility whereby my Clarion program (Clarion 5b) maintains it's design size no matter what resolution the user is using (with a minimum of 800x600, the design size). I've got this working perfectly for window size and control size, I've even got the font sizing done ok. What I'm falling over on are the following items; 1. MESSAGE() window size. No matter what I try, the font might get bigger but the window never increases in size to accomodate the actual text (it looks terrible too). Designing my own message window isn't an option, even by ...

How to change font size and window size for a pop-up Message Window?
Hello, I am trying to display a very important message to alert our tester or any user when there is an emergency and they have to stop the test they are doing. I really desire to use larger message window/fonts to do this.I have tried Display Message To User and converted it to SubVI, but no luck yet. I thought SubVI might work. But when it's displayed, the original Pop-up Message Window sat right on the SubVI panel. When I then clicked OK to close the Message Window, it closed the SubVI panel as well.Are Text Indicator and its Visible Node the only way to make this happen? If yes, could ...

large point size symbol font
I am creating a 4'x6' poster in InDesign and want a lower-case lambda across the whole page in the background. But there is a maxium point size of 1296 pt when I try to use the symbol font. Is there another method to get a very large character? "Andrew Young" <andy_b_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ffb65351.0401260840.ba7b359@posting.google.com... > I am creating a 4'x6' poster in InDesign and want a lower-case > lambda across the whole page in the background. But there is > a maxium point size of 1296 pt when I try to use the symbol font. &g...

Matlab-graph text font size and enlarging window size automatically
Hi, I'm plotting three subplots on one figure and the labels (x and y and title) are all intefering with each other. How can I enlarge the window that appears (without manually using the maximize button) or reduce the text size or make sure the text doesnt overlap? Also on a seperate note if I want to make an if statement that makes sure a value is an integer how can I do that?? i.e if num isnt integer num = 1 end Thanks in advance Dan Hi, in edit, file object properties you can change the size and the font of every label and title. For the other question, I don't know John Daniel Jones wrote: > > > Hi, > > I'm plotting three subplots on one figure and the labels (x and y > and > title) are all intefering with each other. How can I enlarge the > window that appears (without manually using the maximize button) or > reduce the text size or make sure the text doesnt overlap? > > Also on a seperate note if I want to make an if statement that > makes > sure a value is an integer how can I do that?? > > i.e > > if num isnt integer > num = 1 > end > > Thanks in advance > > Dan Thanks John, That works for the current figure but I want the same font size to be used everytime the script file produces the plots. When a new figure is created the font sizes etc all change back. Any ideas? Cheers Dan John wrote: > > > Hi, > > in edit, file object properties you can change the s...

Firefox
I'm currently using css to design my website but I've noticed that when I change the font size in firefox (holding ctrl and using the mouse wheel) that the size of my textfield boxes grows bigger and outside of its intended boundries. Is there any way to prevent this (maybe to explcitly set the size of the textfield?) Wongod wrote: > I'm currently using css to design my website but I've noticed that when > I change the font size in firefox (holding ctrl and using the mouse > wheel) that the size of my textfield boxes grows bigger and outside of > its in...

HOw to change the axis size/type font size/type in CG plots?
Folks i need to change the axis size/type font size/type in CG plots. Will you please help? cheers, Dave dave poreh writes: > Folks i need to change the axis size/type font size/type in CG plots. Will you please help? The Charsize and Font keywords might offer some assistance. :-) Cheers, David -- David Fanning, Ph.D. Fanning Software Consulting, Inc. Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.idlcoyote.com/ Sepore ma de ni thue. ("Perhaps thou speakest truth.") ...

Font and font size on iPad
Who can tell me how to do it on iPad or iPhone to write emails with different fonts and generally larger? On the Mac there is the option to choose font and size, but on the iPad and iPhone can not find it. Thanks anyway DrZap -- #4. La vita e' una tempesta, ma prenderla nel culo e' un lampo. (Beppe Gril= lo) http://www.drzap.it & http://www.facebook.com/people/Franco-DrZap/100002204= 128949 Oltre 75.200 battute e barzellette Dr Zap (e-mail : v. sul sito) --- Questa e-mail =C3=A8 stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast anti= virus. http:/...

Emerald fonts
Hi there, I've installed the Emerald fonts [1] from CTAN, and have got them working on my system. An example such as the LaTeX Font catalogue's text example [2] works perfectly, but I can't work out for the life of me how to resize the font. I'm using this in the context of: \documentclass{article} \usepackage{emerald} \fontfamily{cmss}\fontsize{12pt}{13pt}\selectfont Here's the body of my text {\ECFAugie Some notes in the magin} Body text continues... \end{document} I wish to use cmss as my default font and Augie enclosed in a group only for short notes. ...

Web resources about - converting vrml FontStyle size to Point Font size - comp.lang.vrml

Converting dry air to water: solution to Broken Hill's water crisis gains support
A one-man crusade by a Broken Hill resident to solve the historic town's water crisis by introducing air to water converters is gaining support. ...