Clipper... Clipper... Clipper

I have just found some time to revive Clipper...Clipper...Clipper at
http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com.
0
cch4496 (17)
2/11/2009 8:27:22 AM
comp.lang.xharbour 5470 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Congrats!

"CCH" <cch@karensoft.com.my> wrote in message
> I have just found some time to revive Clipper...Clipper...Clipper at
> http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com.

Hi Ron

Thanx !

I am pretty surprised that there still active Clipperheads throughout
the world as evidenced by the fact that Clipper... Clipper... Clipper
now has visitors from
over 46 countries in Europe, North America, Central America, South
America, Africa, Asia, Australia & New Zealand :-)

If I am not wrong, we have visitors from virtually every country in
Europe including countries in Scandanavia , the  Balkans and the
former soviet republics including Russia itself :-)

Long live Clipper/XHarbour !

"CCH" <cch@karensoft.com.my> ha scritto nel messaggio
> I have just found some time to revive Clipper...Clipper...Clipper at
> http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com.

I think you should add a link to the official xHarbour website
(www.xharbour.org).

EMG

--
EMAG Software Homepage:     http://www.emagsoftware.it
The EMG's ZX-Spectrum Page: http://www.emagsoftware.it/spectrum

0
e.m.giordano (717)
2/13/2009 12:30:09 PM
Hi Enrico

On Feb 13, 8:30=A0pm, "Enrico Maria Giordano"
<e.m.giord...@emagsoftware.it> wrote:
> "CCH" <c...@karensoft.com.my> ha scritto nel messaggionews:cf6fd8de-9e6a-=
468b-8dfe-b0b65e31f717@t26g2000prh.googlegroups.com...

> > I have just found some time to revive Clipper...Clipper...Clipper at
> >http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com.
>
> I think you should add a link to the official xHarbour website
> (www.xharbour.org).

CCH: Done
On Feb 13, 11:57=A0am, CCH <ChongHwa.C...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ron
>
> Thanx !
>
> I am pretty surprised that there still active Clipperheads throughout
> the world as evidenced by the fact that Clipper... Clipper... Clipper
> now has visitors from
> over 46 countries in Europe, North America, Central America, South
> America, Africa, Asia, Australia & New Zealand :-)
>
> If I am not wrong, we have visitors from virtually every country in
> Europe including countries in Scandanavia , the =A0Balkans and the
> former soviet republics including Russia itself :-)
>
> Long live Clipper/XHarbour !
>
> On Feb 11, 10:18=A0pm, "Ron Pinkas"
>

> <RonPinkas_remove_th...@xHarbour.com> wrote:
> > Congrats!
>
> > "CCH" <c...@karensoft.com.my> wrote in message

..

> > > I have just found some time to revive Clipper...Clipper...Clipper at
> > >http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com.- Hide quoted text -

Dear CCH:

Its still for many of us - the earning tool for our bread & butter!
The Clipper is not dead in India also. With the passage of time
Clipper needed some wings......alas it was not provided. If xbase++ or
Harbour/xHarbour would have been a product from Microsoft, it must've
gained popularity much more atleast in India. xHarbour came a bit
late.....but late then never. Hope xHarbour team possess futuristic
vision and have the will to go long way. It will be pity if it remains
just a tool convert Clipper exe to Win32 exe. After a couple of years
this migration period will be over for many of us.......then an
approach is required so that we can churn out applications made in
xHarbour (or say xbase++) at par with any modern application written
in .NET etc. and have all the functionalities & capabilities like
them. This will leverage the Clipper programmers with the current
programming development scenario in the world and the Clipper
programmers (yes it means the xHarbour programmers!) will be once
again technically at par with others and will continue to earn &
dictate terms. New programmers or programmers from other languages
should be tempted to try xHarbour/xBase++. If this happens we can
grow..........

BTW CCH, your blog is really good, and hope you've got visitors from
India also.

Regards,
Swapan
from India

Hi Swanpan

> Dear CCH:
>
> Its still for many of us - the earning tool for our bread & butter!
> The Clipper is not dead in India also.

CCH: Yup, you are not alone :-)

Since 26th January 2009, Clipper.... Clipper... Clipper  has been
visited by Clipperheads from 50 countries in Europe (30), North,
Central & South America (8), Africa (5) , Asia (7)

European visitors include Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus,
Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland,
Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Moldava , Netherlands, Norway,
Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovenia,
Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Ukraine.

African & Middle-East visitors include Democratic Republic of Congo,
South Africa, Egypt, Morocco & Saudi Arabia

North, Central & South American visitors include Canada, USA, Mexico,
Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Peru & Venezuela

Asian visitors include India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Hong Kong,
Philippines, Australia & New Zealand

>With the passage of time
> Clipper needed some wings......alas it was not provided. If xbase++ or
> Harbour/xHarbour would have been a product from Microsoft, it must've
> gained popularity much more atleast in India.

CCH: Agreed

>xHarbour came a bit  late.....but late then never. Hope xHarbour team possess futuristic
> vision and have the will to go long way. It will be pity if it remains
> just a tool convert Clipper exe to Win32 exe. After a couple of years
> this migration period will be over for many of us.......then an
> approach is required so that we can churn out applications made in
> xHarbour (or say xbase++) at par with any modern application written
> in .NET etc. and have all the functionalities & capabilities like
> them. This will leverage the Clipper programmers with the current
> programming development scenario in the world and the Clipper
> programmers (yes it means the xHarbour programmers!) will be once
> again technically at par with others and will continue to earn &
> dictate terms. New programmers or programmers from other languages
> should be tempted to try xHarbour/xBase++. If this happens we can
> grow..........

CCH: Have you taken a look at Visual xHarbour ?

> BTW CCH, your blog is really good,

CCH: Thanx for appreciating my efforts...

>and hope you've got visitors from
> India also.

CCH : Yes, mainly from Surat, Gujarat ; Bangalore, Karnataka; Madras,
Tamil Nadu & Calculta, West Bengal

> Regards,
> Swapan
> from India

Data invio: sabato 14 febbraio 2009 4.19
Oggetto: Re: Clipper... Clipper... Clipper

> > I think you should add a link to the official xHarbour website
> > (www.xharbour.org).
>
> CCH: Done

Thank you.

EMG

--
EMAG Software Homepage:     http://www.emagsoftware.it
The EMG's ZX-Spectrum Page: http://www.emagsoftware.it/spectrum
The Best of Spectrum Games: http://www.emagsoftware.it/tbosg
The EMG Music page:         http://www.emagsoftware.it/emgmusic

0
e.m.giordano (717)
2/14/2009 11:36:36 AM
African & Middle-East visitors include Democratic Republic of Congo, South
Africa, Egypt, Morocco & Saudi Arabia

From Democratic Republic of congo I think I am alone using Xharbour. Is
there anyone from Congo ?

Regards
Bapu.
Indian, Currencly in D.R.Congo.

0
learning_b (89)
2/14/2009 1:46:41 PM
On Feb 14, 6:46=A0pm, "Bapu" <learnin...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> African & Middle-East visitors include Democratic Republic of Congo, Sout=
> Africa, Egypt, Morocco & Saudi Arabia
>
> From Democratic Republic of congo I think I am alone using Xharbour. Is
> there anyone from Congo ?
>
> Regards
> Bapu.
> Indian, Currencly in D.R.Congo.

Dear Bapu,

GREAT to see an Indian doing xbase programming in Congo! All the
best!!

With warm regards,
Swapan
CCH:Thanks for going through my post & replying to it.
Yes I've seen Visual xHarbour and have liked it. Its somewhat simillar
to VisualBasic. Its interface is easy & simple and not like the GUI
tools for xHarbour available in Open Source pool. Actually anyone
coming from other platforms may like visual xHabour but I doubt they
will be much interested to check out the other gui tools in the open
source category - they may be good but not that flexible & easy like
visual xHarbour which seems to be designed on the lines of visual
basic. But then its a commerical product........

Regards,
Swapan
Kolkata, India
Bapu ha scritto:
> Thanks for your best wishes. working here in congo as a accountant +
> programmer for a private company. (Thanks to xharbour & xharbour community)

Did you find the job thanks to the newsgroup ?

Francesco
Dear Swapan Das.

Thanks for your best wishes. working here in congo as a accountant +
programmer for a private company. (Thanks to xharbour & xharbour community)

Long live xharbour.

Regards
Bapu.

"Swapan Das" <swapan19.das@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Feb 14, 6:46 pm, "Bapu" <learnin...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> African & Middle-East visitors include Democratic Republic of Congo, South
> Africa, Egypt, Morocco & Saudi Arabia
>
> From Democratic Republic of congo I think I am alone using Xharbour. Is
> there anyone from Congo ?
>
> Regards
> Bapu.
> Indian, Currencly in D.R.Congo.

Dear Bapu,

GREAT to see an Indian doing xbase programming in Congo! All the
best!!

With warm regards,
Swapan

0
learning_b (89)
2/17/2009 10:18:56 AM
Farancesco,

I found job for knowing clipper. than upgrade to xharbour with the
newsgroup. and start also part time programing,

so, thanks to the newsgroup

Bapu.

"FP" <mc8647__nnoossppaamm@mclink.it> wrote in message
> Bapu ha scritto:
>> Thanks for your best wishes. working here in congo as a accountant +
>> programmer for a private company. (Thanks to xharbour & xharbour
>> community)
>
> Did you find the job thanks to the newsgroup ?
>
> Francesco

0
learning_b (89)

Clipper... Clipper... Clipper : Comments by Steffen F. Pirsig, CTO of Xbase++ on 21 February 2009
Nice blog, however I feel you are something out of touch with reality. I mean xBase as a language is vitale since years. The point is that Xbase++ for example is used by developers to earn their living, or for inhouse development. So there is not much hype around - to give you some numbers. Xbase++ customers are coming from more than 140 countries, Alaska Software is getting approx 300 new leads per month, according to our last projection there are more than 1. million end users working with Xbase++ solutions. Have a look at; www.alaska-software.com/company/references.shtm you will see large corporations working with Xbase++. Projectgroups with sizes of 30+ developers working fulltime with Xbase++. So I would say Clipper is by far not dead - it is dead as a product but not as a language.... More at Clipper... Clipper... Clipper, http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com p/s Stefen did comment on xHarbour/Harbour. Dear CCH: "CCH" <ChongHwa.Chee@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2a233bf0-cafe-40db-b62e-36409f528569@v18g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > Nice blog, however I feel you are something out of > touch with reality. You can / should make similar related posts like this to more than one newsgroup at a time. David A. Smith Hi David Can you please clarify ? On Feb 21, 10:26=A0pm, "N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)" <dl...@cox.net> wrote: > Dear CCH: > You can / should make similar related posts like this to more > than one newsgro...

clipper to xharbour
Hi all i use clipper but want to move more to a windows like prg can x harbour do this and is the code difrend Were do i start Thanx Andre Andre, By downloading the free demo at www.xHarbour.com you get a startup manual for xBuilder and a ready to run environment for your tests. Ella <meter@reacomp.co.za> wrote in message news:ba9bb057-e2ff-4fe4-9275-7ba4843cf4e4@j68g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi all > > i use clipper but want to move more to a windows like prg > > can x harbour do this and is the code difrend > > Were do i start > > > Thanx > > Andre Andre: "basically" a Clipper app should go straight into xHarbour with no problem at all, unless of course, you were using 3rd party libraries. xHarbour builder demo has all the needed stuff to start working in minutes. Regards Rene Flores http://www.ciber-tec.com meter@reacomp.co.za escribi�: > Hi all > > i use clipper but want to move more to a windows like prg > > can x harbour do this and is the code difrend > > Were do i start > > > Thanx > > Andre I compiled and linked my app with more than 254.000 lines of code, with just a few changes in the code. I modified some code only where had function calls to 16bits libraries. If you can understand Portuguese or Spanish, a good place to find ou more is news://news.xharbour.org I have helped a lot of people there, and I am very well recognized in brazilian x...

CLipper....
Clipper... Not a question where to download, but a question where to buy! Is it still commercially available (does the compagny still exists?)? and is there still develoment in Clipper (CA-Clipper Blinker??) or is it possibly dead? Or just still for resail but no support given besides the 'free' support of clipper programmers! Thanks in advance. Frank ( pff, after Pascal, C, AutoLisp, VBA, APDL and TCL/TK this is my sevent programming language I have to learn... Why on earth do we all need to built another programming langauge... ) Frank Clipper V5.3 (latest/last) - http://ww...

Clipper Tutorial: a Guide to Open Source Clipper(s)
I'm trying to reload my old tutorial on Wikibooks, and also to update http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Clipper_Tutorial:_a_Guide_to_Open_Source_Clipper(s) I started today ... This page is full of errors and is even more incomplete than the old tutorial... Anybody willing to correct something? Bye Michele Povigna ...

Clipper 5.0 & CA Clipper Tools 3.0
Hello I am sure these questions have been asked before, however I have just discovered old install disks of Clipper 5.0 and CA-Clipper Tools 3.0 Would these two products work without too much trouble on Windows XP? Or do I need to make modifications for them to work. I used to write in Clipper about 12 years ago and my memory is quite foggy. Thank you Antoine Antoine > I am sure these questions have been asked before, however I have just > discovered old install disks of Clipper 5.0 and CA-Clipper Tools 3.0 > Would these two products work without too much trouble on Windows XP...

clipper --> xharbour
I just tried to compile and link our program EZCLEAR.EXE. It is currently a clipper program. Too my understanding I should be able to compile and link this clipper program with xharbour and get a run able program. Well, It compiles but when I run it I get the error "Missing __ErrorBlock() called from hb_vmQuit()" Can anyone point me to the xharbour news servers. I would like to get this program up and ASAP Scott Burke new xharbour newsgroup is comp.lang.xharbour bye Franz "Scott Burke" <Sburke@magsonline.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:U1FFh.591$8i6.52...

A difference between clipper and xHarbour
Hi, This example highlights a huge different behavior between Clipper 5.3b and xHarbour. FUNCTION MAIN() PRIVATE aOne := {} CLEAR AADD( aOne, "1 - ONE " ) ; @ 1 , 10 GET aOne[ LEN ( aOne ) ] AADD( aOne, "2 - TWO " ) ; @ 2 , 10 GET aOne[ LEN ( aOne ) ] AADD( aOne, "3 - THREE " ) ; @ 3 , 10 GET aOne[ LEN ( aOne ) ] AADD( aOne, "4 - FOUR " ) ; @ 4 , 10 GET aOne[ LEN ( aOne ) ] READ RETURN NIL On 16 Wrz, 11:44, Marco Boschi <i...@marcoboschi.it> wrote: > Hi, > =A0 =A0 This example highlights a huge different behavior between Clipper > 5.3b and xHarbour. > > FUNCTION MAIN() > > PRIVATE aOne :=3D {} > > CLEAR > > AADD( aOne, "1 - ONE =A0 " ) =A0 ; @ 1 , 10 GET aOne[ LEN ( aOne ) ] > AADD( aOne, "2 - TWO =A0 " ) =A0 ; @ 2 , 10 GET aOne[ LEN ( aOne ) ] > AADD( aOne, "3 - THREE " ) =A0 ; @ 3 , 10 GET aOne[ LEN ( aOne ) ] > AADD( aOne, "4 - FOUR =A0" ) =A0 ; @ 4 , 10 GET aOne[ LEN ( aOne ) ] > > READ > > RETURN NIL I confirm ! I have tested it with Clipper, xHarbour 1.0.0 and xHarbour 1.2.1 (Rev. 6686): Clipper 5.3b - OK xHarbour 1.0.0 - OK xHarbour 1.2.1 - Error I think it is very serious problem. Regards Grzegorz ...

Porting Clipper to XHarbour
Hi ! I=B4m trying to port some DBF to MySQL using DBF2SQL.PRG included in xBuilder demo. It=B4s working except for Index with function DESCEND(). I got message "Error Base/1001 Undefined function: DESCEND ..." I=B4ve added EXTEND.LIB (that contains DESCEND()) in xbuild step 4 but still not working. Somebody has any idea ? Thanks in advance Hu Hello Hu, > I�m trying to port some DBF to MySQL using DBF2SQL.PRG included in > xBuilder demo. > It�s working except for Index with function DESCEND(). > I got message "Error Base/1001 Undefined function: DESCEND ..." > I�ve added EXTEND.LIB (that contains DESCEND()) in xbuild step 4 but > still not working. > Somebody has any idea ? Did you try to add this to your code: EXTERNAL descend -- Patrick Hu I�m trying to port some DBF to MySQL using DBF2SQL.PRG included in xBuilder demo. >It�s working except for Index with function DESCEND>(). >I got message "Error Base/1001 Undefined function: >DESCEND ..." >I�ve added EXTEND.LIB (that contains DESCEND()) >in xbuild step 4 butstill >not working. dont link clipper libs with xharbour is incompatible on dbf2sql.prg just add the follow line request DESCEND also i suggest to use firebird or postgresql database Regards Luiz luiz@xharbour.com.br ps any thing you can call me on skype (culikr) or msn (culikr@hotmail.com) []s Luiz Luiz wrote: > Hu > I�m trying to port some DBF to MySQL using DBF2SQL.PRG ...

Clipper to xharbour migration
Hi , as a newbie I made a few tests to learn how to deal with XBUILDER. Well it was easier than I=B4ve thought to build a application with 4 PRG =B4s and connection to MYSQL tables. It works fine ... but it=B4s a test ! But now I=B4m dealing with the real stuff : I=B4ve to port existing Clipper system with a lot of PRG=B4s grouped in CLP files and also LIB files. So could anybody help me to clarify the following : - To build new application should I ADD all the PRG=B4s in CLP files to the STEP 3 PRG TAB ? Or there is an easier way ... - Should I do the same with LIB files ? - I=B4ve read the "Migration Methodology" and it states to change every existing "file()" to "sr_file()". I think this is easy wtih a #TRANSLATE ... but how about "TRANSACTIONAL CONTROL ..." ? - What I mean it=B4s that I would like to do minimum necessary changes to get working xharbour application in a first step and further I will make the improvements. So I need some direction on this issue ! Thanks in advance , Hu <<< So could anybody help me to clarify the following : - To build new application should I ADD all the PRG�s in CLP files to the STEP 3 PRG TAB ? >>> Yes, > Or there is an easier way ... You might also try to create a container prg file which uses #include for each source in the clp file. > - Should I do the same with LIB files ? Sorry, I don't understand. <<< - I�ve read the "Migration Methodology&q...

Clipper => xHarbour
In Clipper I can have a file of functions, say bar.prg contains.. func baz() return 'Baazzzz' In the main program, foo.prg, I have.. set procedure to bar ?? baz() Compiling foo and invoking it.. C:>foo Baazzzz xBuild fails on this and in error.log says.. POLINK: error: Unresolved external symbol '_HB_FUN_BAZ'. What might I be doing wrong? -- Joe Wright "If you think Health Care is expensive now, wait until it's free." Dear Joe Wright: "Joe Wright" <joewwright@comcast.net> wrote in message news:wfGdneZlHvuPYfnXnZ2dnUVZ_s-dnZ2d@giganews.com... > In Clipper I can have a file of functions, say > bar.prg contains.. > > func baz() > return 'Baazzzz' > > In the main program, foo.prg, I have.. > > set procedure to bar > ?? baz() > > Compiling foo and invoking it.. > > C:>foo > Baazzzz > > xBuild fails on this and in error.log says.. > > POLINK: error: Unresolved external > symbol '_HB_FUN_BAZ'. > > What might I be doing wrong? "Set procedure to" was denigrated by Clipper 5.3, as I believe so was "Set format to". Just add them to the list of files to include. http://www.ousob.com/ng/53guide/ngeec7d.php http://www.ousob.com/ng/53guide/nge8536.php .... that is what the "*" means... David A. Smith Joe Wright wrote: > In Clipper I can have a file of functions, say bar.prg contains.. > > func baz(...

Converting ADS from Clipper to xHarbour
Hi folks, I wonder if anyone can throw some light on this problem. In the 16 bit version of our application created with Clipper and Blinker, we had the option to compile and link a version of the program that used Advantage Database Server. The program had stuff like BEGIN TRANSACTION that was translated to AX_TRANSACTION( 1 ) and so on. We ported the application to Harbour, (and are now moving to xHArbour),but left out the ADS stuff. I am now looking to create an ADS version with Harbour, and have downloaded ADS 9.0 with ACE32.DLL etc, and got hold of the RDD_ADS library. On checking the Advantage Help, it appears that the AX_TRANSACTION function has been superceded by functions AdsBeginTransaction, AdsCommitTransaction, AdsRollbackTransaction, but there is NO mention of these functions anywhere in Harbour, xHarbour or RDD_ADS. Isn't the transaction processing the whole point of using ADS to guarantee the data? Why on earth isn't it supported or even mentioned anywhere? TIA Steve Daggett Steve, Please take a look in subfolder /contrib/rdd_ads/adsfunc.c and search directly for: ADSDISCONNECT ADSBEGINTRANSACTION ADSCOMMITTRANSACTION ADSFAILEDTRANSACTIONRECOVERY ADSINTRANSACTION ADSROLLBACK ADSROLLBACKSAVEPOINT Ella "Steve Daggett" <steve@ultimussoftware.co.uk> wrote in message news:rc1sf4h9aj9qfgsec7kol868i11vspop7d@4ax.com... > Hi folks, I wonder if anyone can throw some light on this problem. > > In the 16 bit version of our a...

A difference between clipper and xHarbour #2
Hi, due to the run-time error in a routine I found a difference between xHarbour and clipper FUNCTION MAIN() LOCAL cString := "4327824378924398243789243" LOCAL nValue := VAL(cString) ? nValue // display ******************** ? CHR( nValue ) // at this point a windows error dialog apperas and application continue do run // until I don't kill it using task manager RETURN NIL the same function in clip53b works fine Marco, On Oct 27, 2:53=A0pm, Marco Boschi <i...@marcoboschi.it> wrote: > Hi, > =A0 =A0due to the run-time error in a routine I found a difference betwee= n > xHarbour and clipper > > FUNCTION MAIN() > > LOCAL cString :=3D "4327824378924398243789243" > > LOCAL nValue =A0:=3D VAL(cString) > > ? nValue =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 = =A0 =A0 // display > ******************** > > ? CHR( nValue ) =A0 // at this point a windows error dialog apperas and > application continue do run > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 // until I don't kill= it using task manager > > RETURN =A0NIL > > the same function in clip53b works fine You have forgotten to list your xHarbour version, your C compiler and your OS and processor informations. xHarbour is a multiplatform project, Clipper was a 16-bit software designed for MS Dos. My below sample code works ok on my ...

Run Clipper+xHarbour Concurrently
We've a 25 node Novell netware. We are recompiling Clipper programs in xHarbour, and plan to run it on Windows XP. The same applications, compiled in Clipper, would run on other machines in the network. So, is running Clipper and xHarbour applications on the same databases in a network safe? No index corruption etc. ? We'r using DBFNTX. Thanks. > So, is running Clipper and xHarbour applications on the same databases > in a network safe? No index corruption etc. ? We'r using DBFNTX. xHarbour help says it can be done. You just have to use the command SET DBFLOCKSCHEME at the beggining of your app, because Clipper and xHarbour have different locking schemes. So, if FILE.DBF is for example shared by Clipper 5.2 and xHarbour, you have to use SET DBFLOCKSCHEME TO 1 in your app. Besides that, consider changing from NTX to CDX. It's faster and safer and generate smaller files and do not demand too much code changes. Also, CDX uses just 1 file for all indexes. Here's one example: rddsetdefault("DBFNTX") use sales.dbf index on name to sales1 index on city to sales2 set index to sales1,sales2 set order to 1 -> by name set order to 2 -> by city rddsetdefault("DBFCDX") use sales.dbf index on name TAG NAME to sales index on city TAG CITY to sales set index to sales set order to 1 // or set order to name -> by name set order to 2 // or set order to city -> by city Here's waht xHarbour says about SET DBFLOCKSCHEME: SET...

Clipper and Xharbour compatibility regarding scope
I am maintaining a complex program that regulary sends LOCAL variables as parameters to other functions. It also uses LOCAL variables in code blocks and sends the code blocks to other functions, such as to a UDF for DBEDIT/TBROWSE. In Clipper it worked. In Xharbour, I get "variable not found" in the called routine or when trying in a DBEDIT UDF to reference the code block containing the local variable. Are there any compatiblity issues or compile switches that I need to know about to make this work? In general does variable scoping work the same in clipper and Xharbour. De...

Clipper GET different than xHarbour GET
A client has pointed out a difference in the way Clipper handles a get with "@S" picture clause vs. xHarbour. Consider the following code snippet: func main local cData := "12345678901234567890" local cNext := " " clea @ 1,0 get cData pict "@S10" @ 2,0 get cNext read return During execution, if you move the cursor to the right in the first field beyond the first 10 characters so that it scrolls right and then press enter to position to the 2nd get field, the first field retains its display position in xHarbour, whereas in the Clipper version the field is repositioned back to the first character. I hope this is clear. This was tested with version 0.99.71 CVS Thanks, Gene Should be fixed after ChangeLog,v 1.5919 2008/02/12 regards, Eduardo On 11 fev, 21:21, "Gene Stempel" <genestem...@mindspring.com> wrote: > A client has pointed out a difference in the way Clipper handles a get with > "@S" picture clause vs. xHarbour. > Consider the following code snippet: > > func main > local cData := "12345678901234567890" > local cNext := " " > clea > @ 1,0 get cData pict "@S10" > @ 2,0 get cNext > read > return > > During execution, if you move the cursor to the right in the first field > beyond the first 10 characters so that it scrolls right and then press enter > to position to ...

How to compile several clipper programs with xharbour?
Hi, It's convenient to use HMG to create a project and compile several prgs with one click, because I can input all the programs in a project file and specify the main program. But after lot's of testing, I've to use xharbour and Boland C to compile, thus Chinese characters can display normally. So I'm struggling to find a way to compile a bunch of clipper programs at one time, is there a easy way to do it? Can anyone help me to solve this issue? Thanks, Tony Dear tony...: On Thursday, December 24, 2015 at 12:37:32 AM UTC-7, tony...@seed.net.tw wrote: .... ...

MemoEdit in viewmode / clipper vs. xHarbour
Hi there, when using Clipper-MemoEdit in viewmode, the text is scrolling down immediately after pressing CRSR_DOWN. In xHB you have to move the cursor to the last line and THEN scroll down. Confusing if the cursor is set to "off". Here is my sample: PROCEDURE Main () LOCAL cCrlf := Chr (13) + Chr (10) LOCAL c := "" LOCAL i := 0 CLS FOR i := 1 TO 20 c += "line " + Str (i, 2) + cCrlf NEXT MemoEdit (c, 2, 20, 10, 40, .F.) RETURN Thanks, Thierry PS: I've also found some differences in the DBFCDX-driver, but I think the xHB-behaviour makes more sense ;) Any chance to see this changed to clipper-behaviour one day? Thierry schrieb: > when using Clipper-MemoEdit in viewmode, the text is scrolling down > immediately after pressing CRSR_DOWN. > > In xHB you have to move the cursor to the last line and THEN scroll > down. Confusing if the cursor is set to "off". hi Thierry schrieb: I Didn't use memoedit() after transfer clipper to xHarbour. What I do is Define a Resource DIalog , GET Object. Command as: REDEFINE GET oMEMO VAR cMEMO MEMO ID 35 OF oDlg ; READONLY ; UPDATE -- Best Regards -------------------------------------------------------------- kokoo KAO ...

Clipper to xharbour migration index problem !
Hi ! The migration with XBuilder it=B4s really easy. With minimun change an existing Clipper system with about 150 prg=B4s it =B4s now working as XHarbour. Of course there are still a lot of performance improvements to do as transactional operations etc. But as tool for fast migration it=B4s better than my expectations ! Now there is few things left : During the tests I noticed that some data screens (Tbrowse) aparently lost order. With debugger I found that the REAL order it=B4s not the defined in PRG. The reason is that during data migration through DBF2SQL.EXE the index order created IN MYSQL is not according the "programmed" order in PRG file but according the index file order. Now I have some questions : 1 - Why in MYSQL a clipper table GNCLI.DBF is named GNCLI_DBF and not just GNCLI. Same way index file GNCLIDAT.NTX is named GNCLI_DBF_GNCLIDAT 2 - Considering 1 , I=B4ve tried use DBSETINDEX("GNCLI_DBF_GNCLIDAT") , DBSETINDEX("GNCLI_DBF_GNCLINOM") and DBSETINDEX("GNCLI_DBF_GNCLICOD") to get the right order instead of MYSQL order GNCLI_DBF_GNCLICOD , GNCLI_DBF_GNCLINOM , GNCLI_DBF_GNCLIDAT but I got error SQLRDD/18 index column nto found ! Even though there was no error it=B4s the way to set order ? I will appreciate any help Regards Hu hi please post the code used to create the indexes >1 - Why in MYSQL a clipper table GNCLI.DBF is named GNCLI_DBF and not >just GNCLI. Becouse this is the standart behavior ...

Precision of numbers in xHarbour vs Clipper
Hi I'm having problems with loss of precision with numbers. It's totally baffling and hard to explain so I've written a self- contained sample that can be built either with Clipper (5.2d, 5.2e or 5.3) or xHarbour. The example program simply traverses an array of floating point numbers and outputs them to the console. When built with Clipper, the numbers displayed are exactly as coded in the literal array. When built with xHarbour, some but not all of the numbers do not exactly match the values in the array. If anyone can shed some light on this I would be overjoyed! Regards Richard Here is the source code, and a .xbp make file for the xHarbour executable: // BOF CLIPTEST.PRG /* cliptest.prg Test precision of number representation in Clipper vs xHarbour To build Clipper executable: clipper cliptest /b/m/n/w/es2/p rtlink fi cliptest To build xHarbour executable: xbuild xhbtest.exe.xbp */ #include 'Common.ch' #include 'Simpleio.ch' #include 'Set.ch' procedure main ( ) local aData, nMax, nCount aData := { 3.0652618408203100, ; 3.9559454917907700, ; 3.9654555320739700, ; 3.9844744205474800, ; 3.9939835071563700, ; 4.0034933090209900, ; 4.0101499557495100, ; 4.0130023956298800, ; 4.0225124359130800, ; ...

Control key differences between Clipper and xHarbour
This is driving me nuts. I'm migrating a Clipper app to console mode xHarbo= ur. Everything works fine except for a function key assignment. There are t= hree columns of data displayed. F10 moves two columns of date to the left o= ne column, then gets new data for column 3. original 1 2 3=20 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 After F10 2 3 4=20 2 3 4 2 3 4 2 3 4 In Clipper, this works fine. F10 does a 'Keyboard chr(23)'. But In xHarbour= the same keyboard command does not move the columns, instead the new data = is displayed in column 3. The record pointer was advanced but it's still in= the same GET (I think.)=20 If I do 'keyboard chr(23) + chr(27)' the columns advance, all the correct d= ata is these EXCEPT for the current GET which duplicates the same data acro= ss all columns. After F10 in xHarbour, after F10, assuming column 3 row 2 is the current GE= T.=20 The GET data is duplicated, overwriting the data in the table because these= are live GETS, no memvars 2 3 4=20 2 4 4 2 3 4 2 3 4 It appear xHarbour handles keyboard codes different than Clipper. Any help = appreciated. The code is below. (Yes, it is way old school code and is so i= diosyncratic that rewriting this module isn't an option.) I'm using an old = version of xHarbour. Would that make a difference? ****** SET KEY SET KEY -9 TO nextwk ***** The remapping of F10 PROCEDURE nextwk KEYBOARD CHR(23) IF UPDATED() .AND. !(LASTKEY()...

COPY FILE not compatible CLIPPER VS XHARBOUR
In my CLIPPER application the source it's: set default to c:\work\ source='c:\dates\' cfile='model_01.dbf' copy file &(source+'model.dbf') to &cfile work perfect the file model_01.dbf it's copy to c:\work directory when try in XHARBOUR same source the model_01.dbf it's copy in c:\dates (application directory) ???? i try this: copy file &(source+'model.dbf') to &(DefPath()+cfile) and file model_01.dbf it's copy to c:\work directory what it's problem ? The command COPY FILE it's not 100% compatible with CLIPPER ? Dear test: "test" <infosoft@easynet.ro> wrote in message news:fvqo2p$55s$1@aioe.org... > In my CLIPPER application the source it's: > > set default to c:\work\ > source='c:\dates\' > cfile='model_01.dbf' > copy file &(source+'model.dbf') to &cfile > work perfect > the file model_01.dbf it's copy to c:\work directory Then this violates the Clipper documentation. "SET DEFAULT" only affects dbfs / indexes that are opened for access... not the current "DOS" directory. http://www.itlnet.net/Programming/Program/Reference/c53g01c/nge3619.html .... "with the exception of low level file functions." .... "low level" includes "COPY TO". > when try in XHARBOUR same source the > model_01.dbf it's copy in c:\dates (application directory) ???? .... >...

Use of SET KEY in xHarbour after conversion from Clipper
I am new to xHarbour so I have a steep learning curve. One of the things I am dealing with is the arrow and up down keys. As you can see there is a SET KEY for the page_up, page_down, up_arrow, and down_arrow. The down_arrow and page_up still works but the page_down and arrow_up does not work. I have attached the code. Does anyone have suggestions for me? SET KEY 18 TO page_up SET KEY 3 TO page_down SET KEY 5 TO up_arrow SET KEY 24 TO down_arrow ***************************************************************************** PROCEDURE page_up *---page up...

Mel Smith : From CA-Clipper to xHarbour+HMG
Hi All An interesting article by Mel Smith about his experience in converting his applications from CA-Clipper to xHarbour +HMG. Many people are starting to use the 'IDE' method (and, apparently successfully). However, I am 'old-fashioned' and so I hand-code everything, and I use the 'HBMAKE.EXE' utility of xHarbour to build my apps. My conversion procedure is usually: 1. Make a copy of the original Clipper 5.2e program and all its various modules 2. Convert this copy to proper xHarbour (fixing all previous bad styles to proper styling, etc, etc) 3. With all module...

Clipper Compiler Summer '87 and Xharbour
Sorry for asking for help (probably the answer is written down here on some= message...), but I'm quite confused by the the various versions and option= s of Xbarbour, and I can't manage how to solve a problem. It's a matter of archaeo-computing: I started writing many years ago, and = continuing, an xBase application (devoted to manage records of rock art fig= ures, see http://www.rupestre.net/orme/database/rad1.html), made executable= by the very old Clipper Compiler, Summer '87, Nantucket Corp. The .exe fil= e is working on my old computer (XP SP3), but obvious...

Web resources about - Clipper... Clipper... Clipper - comp.lang.xharbour

Clipper (electronics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In electronics , a clipper is a device designed to prevent the output of a circuit from exceeding a predetermined voltage level without distorting ...

VerticalResponse Debuts Coupon, Clipper Tools For Facebook Page Administrators
Marketing solutions provider VerticalResponse added two new features to its social platform , including one that allows Facebook page administrators ...

CLIPPER'S SOUNDS (@ClippersSounds) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here CLIPPER'S SOUNDS @ ClippersSounds ...

Clipper - Video Editor for iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th ...
Get Clipper - Video Editor on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Clippers Sleeved Jersey - a set on Flickr
... Recent Photos The Commons Getty Collection Galleries World Map App Garden Camera Finder The Weekly Flickr FlickrBlog Upload Sign In Clippers ...

Duncan's and 1 game-winner vs Clippers! - YouTube
Check out this tough shot Tim Duncan hits as he gets fouled with just two seconds left in the game to put the Spurs up by one & give them the ...

LeBron James Takes Snapchat Video with DJ Khaled After Beating Clippers - Bleacher Report
LeBron James was a major key in the Cleveland Cavaliers’ 114-90 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers on Sunday afternoon, dropping 27 points ...

Kanye West Asks Clippers Owner To Redesign Team’s Mascot
The latest of Kanye West's twitter antics involve the Los Angeles Clippers and their new mascot, Chuck the Condor.

Millsap, Teague lead Hawks over Clippers 107-97
... (AP) — Jeff Teague scored 22 points, Paul Millsap had 20 points and a season-high 18 rebounds, and the Atlanta Hawks beat the Los Angeles Clippers ...

LA Clippers to tangle with familiar faces in Memphis
Familiar faces will be the order of the day when the Clippers visit the Memphis Grizzlies on Saturday for a 5 p.m. game (on Prime Ticket). The ...