Clipper GET different than xHarbour GET

A client has pointed out a difference in the way Clipper handles a get with
"@S" picture clause vs. xHarbour.
Consider the following code snippet:

func main
    local cData := "12345678901234567890"
    local cNext := " "
    clea
    @ 1,0 get cData pict "@S10"
    @ 2,0 get cNext
    read
    return

During execution, if you move the cursor to the right in the first field
beyond the first 10 characters so that it scrolls right and then press enter
to position to the 2nd get field,  the first field retains its display
position in xHarbour, whereas in the Clipper version the field is
repositioned back to the first character.

I hope this is clear. This was tested with version 0.99.71 CVS

Thanks,
Gene

0
genestempel (123)
2/12/2008 12:21:08 AM
comp.lang.xharbour 5470 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Should be fixed after ChangeLog,v 1.5919 2008/02/12

regards,
Eduardo

On 11 fev, 21:21, "Gene Stempel" <genestem...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> A client has pointed out a difference in the way Clipper handles a get with
> "@S" picture clause vs. xHarbour.
> Consider the following code snippet:
>
> func main
>     local cData := "12345678901234567890"
>     local cNext := " "
>     clea
>     @ 1,0 get cData pict "@S10"
>     @ 2,0 get cNext
>     read
>     return
>
> During execution, if you move the cursor to the right in the first field
> beyond the first 10 characters so that it scrolls right and then press enter
> to position to the 2nd get field,  the first field retains its display
> position in xHarbour, whereas in the Clipper version the field is
> repositioned back to the first character.
>
> I hope this is clear. This was tested with version 0.99.71 CVS
>
> Thanks,
> Gene

0
modalsist (67)
2/12/2008 11:57:44 AM
Dnia 2008-02-12 01:21, u�ytkowniczka/u�ytkownik Gene Stempel
napisa�a/napisa� (niepotrzebne skre�li�):
> A client has pointed out a difference in the way Clipper handles a get with
> "@S" picture clause vs. xHarbour.
> Consider the following code snippet:
>
> func main
>     local cData := "12345678901234567890"
>     local cNext := " "
>     clea
>     @ 1,0 get cData pict "@S10"
>     @ 2,0 get cNext
>     read
>     return
>
> During execution, if you move the cursor to the right in the first field
> beyond the first 10 characters so that it scrolls right and then press enter
> to position to the 2nd get field,  the first field retains its display
> position in xHarbour, whereas in the Clipper version the field is
> repositioned back to the first character.
>
> I hope this is clear. This was tested with version 0.99.71 CVS

\xharbour-0.99.70\source\rtl\tgetlist.prg
I change source:
    elseif ! ::GetPostValidate( oGet, oGetMsg )
      oGet:ExitState := GE_NOEXIT
      // postblock returns .F., set flag to reset get
      lDelEnd := .T.
     endif

   elseif ! ::GetPostValidate( oGet, oGetMsg )
     oGet:ExitState := GE_NOEXIT
     // postblock returns .F., set flag to reset get
     lDelEnd := .f.
   endif

--

Jacek K.
--

"The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the
mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness."
<modalsist@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
> Should be fixed after ChangeLog,v 1.5919 2008/02/12
>
> regards,
> Eduardo

Many thanks!

0
genestempel (123)
2/12/2008 12:06:24 PM
Jacek,

Since 2007-09-27  this piece of code was replaced.

 * source/rtl/tgetlist.prg
    * created HB_GetList:lInvalid property to control postblock
return.
      The old one <lDelEnd> variable is needless by now.

regards,
Eduardo

On 12 fev, 09:01, Jacek K <jacek.xx...@proinfo.xxx.pl> wrote:
> Dnia 2008-02-12 01:21, u=BFytkowniczka/u=BFytkownik Gene Stempel
> napisa=B3a/napisa=B3 (niepotrzebne skre=B6li=E6):
>

> > A client has pointed out a difference in the way Clipper handles a get w=
ith
> > "@S" picture clause vs. xHarbour.
> > Consider the following code snippet:
>
> > func main
> >     local cData :=3D "12345678901234567890"
> >     local cNext :=3D " "
> >     clea
> >     @ 1,0 get cData pict "@S10"
> >     @ 2,0 get cNext
> >     read
> >     return
>
> > During execution, if you move the cursor to the right in the first field=

> > beyond the first 10 characters so that it scrolls right and then press e=
nter
> > to position to the 2nd get field,  the first field retains its display
> > position in xHarbour, whereas in the Clipper version the field is
> > repositioned back to the first character.
>
> > I hope this is clear. This was tested with version 0.99.71 CVS
>
> \xharbour-0.99.70\source\rtl\tgetlist.prg
> I change source:
>     elseif ! ::GetPostValidate( oGet, oGetMsg )
>       oGet:ExitState :=3D GE_NOEXIT
>       // postblock returns .F., set flag to reset get
>       lDelEnd :=3D .T.
>      endif

>    elseif ! ::GetPostValidate( oGet, oGetMsg )
>      oGet:ExitState :=3D GE_NOEXIT
>      // postblock returns .F., set flag to reset get
>      lDelEnd :=3D .f.
>    endif
>
> --
>
> Jacek K.
> --
> "Serce rozwa=BFne szuka m=B1dro=B6ci, usta niem=B1drych syc=B1 si=EA g=B3u=
pot=B1."
> (Prz 15:14)
>
> "The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the
> mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness."
> ( Proverbs 15:14)

0
modalsist (67)

Web resources about - Clipper GET different than xHarbour GET - comp.lang.xharbour

Josh Elliott Debuts Day Early On CBSN To Anchor Brussels ISIS Attacks Coverage
Josh Elliott made his CBSN debut this morning, a day earlier than planned, jumping in at noon ET to help anchor coverage of the ISIS attacks ...

iPhone SE Releases March 28: Should You Upgrade?
Apple’s iPhone SE becomes available for purchase on March 28. What is known about the new iOS device, and is it worth upgrading from your older ...

Andrew Grove, Intel Chairman Who Helped Develop The Semiconductor Revolution, Dead At 79
Andrew Grove, the former Intel Chairman who oversaw the company as it made many of the most important breakthroughs in semiconductor technology, ...

Rob Ford, former Toronto mayor, dead at 46 after cancer fight: family
Chicago Tribune Rob Ford, former Toronto mayor, dead at 46 after cancer fight: family Chicago Tribune Rob Ford, the pugnacious, populist former ...

‘DWTS’: Peta Murgatroyd And Nyle DiMarco Discuss Learning From Each Other
Dancing With The Stars veteran Peta Muragtroyd is learning to look at dance in a whole new light this season. In a way, she has also become the ...

How to search your Android device quickly with Google Gesture Search
Need an easier way to search for all the things you have tucked within your Android device? The perfect solution might be Google Gesture Search. ...

Tesla Ludicrous Mode now available as retrofit for Model S P90D
Filed under: Green , Tesla , Green Automakers , Sedan , Electric , Performance Did you pass on Ludicrous Mode when you ordered your P90D. You ...

Tennis Official Quits Post Over His ‘Coattails’ Remarks on Women
Moore, who had drawn wide rebuke for saying that women’s players owed a great debt to men, stepped down as director of the BNP Paribas Open in ...

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti Urges Obama to Make Stonewall Inn a National Monument: VIDEO
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti has written to President Obama asking him to designate the Stonewall Inn as a National Monument. The letter ...

Harrison Ford Talks Playing 'Indiana Jones' Again, Makes Surprise Visit On 'Ellen'!
Harrison Ford is all smiles while making an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show , airing later today (March 22). The evening before, the ...