debugger problem and other problem

Hi all!

I gave it another try to upgarde from 1.0.1 to 1.2.1 from CVS (Rev. 6469).

My system: Linux Debian Lenny, kernel 2.6.24.

Problems:

1. the classical debugger doesn't show the code. First I thought it could be
a color problem, but it isn't. Changing the color doesn't help. You can find
a screenshot at http://www.apw-wiegand.de/apwlin/debugger.png. As you can
see the debugger finds the code file and shows the line number where it
actually is, but doesn't show the code. In 1.0.1 the debugger was
functioning.

2. I read several times in the newsgroup that others have the same problem
with HB_EXT_INKEY like me. It is fine that some people now can use the
extended keyboard features but I would prefer the old inkey coding without
HB_EXT_INKEY because I have to serve an old Clipper prog and for example I
don't want to change all
keyboard chr(23)
keyboard K_CTRL_W
especially because the same code is still used in DOS. I tried to unset
#define HB_EXT_INKEY
But then xharbour will not compile.
Couldn't you provide a switch for those who don't want HB_EXT_INKEY used?

3. In Memoedit() I now get lines and text highlighted whenever I move the
cursor with arrow keys. It doesn't change the text but the highlighting is
disturbing. How can I change that behavior?

Kind regards

Claudia

comp.lang.xharbour 5470 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 1 jun, 10:25, Claudia <dr.claudia.neum...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I gave it another try to upgarde from 1.0.1 to 1.2.1 from CVS (Rev. 6469).
>
> My system: Linux Debian Lenny, kernel 2.6.24.
>
> Problems:
>
> 1. the classical debugger doesn't show the code. First I thought it could be
> a color problem, but it isn't. Changing the color doesn't help. You can find
> a screenshot athttp://www.apw-wiegand.de/apwlin/debugger.png. As you can
> see the debugger finds the code file and shows the line number where it
> actually is, but doesn't show the code. In 1.0.1 the debugger was
> functioning.
simple
do
dos2unix *.prg, i got same problem this days an resolved with dos2unix
command
> 2. I read several times in the newsgroup that others have the same problem
> with HB_EXT_INKEY like me. It is fine that some people now can use the
> extended keyboard features but I would prefer the old inkey coding without
> HB_EXT_INKEY because I have to serve an old Clipper prog and for example I
> don't want to change all
> keyboard chr(23)
> keyboard K_CTRL_W
> especially because the same code is still used in DOS. I tried to unset
> #define HB_EXT_INKEY
> But then xharbour will not compile.
> Couldn't you provide a switch for those who don't want HB_EXT_INKEY used?
cant, xharbour is by default compiled with this switch
Regards
Luiz
0
culikr1 (636)
6/1/2009 4:03:18 PM
Hi Luiz!

culikr@gmail.com wrote:

> On 1 jun, 10:25, Claudia <dr.claudia.neum...@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I gave it another try to upgarde from 1.0.1 to 1.2.1 from CVS (Rev.
>> 6469).
>>
>> My system: Linux Debian Lenny, kernel 2.6.24.
>>
>> Problems:
>>
>> 1. the classical debugger doesn't show the code. First I thought it could
>> be a color problem, but it isn't. Changing the color doesn't help. You
>> can find a screenshot athttp://www.apw-wiegand.de/apwlin/debugger.png. As
>> you can see the debugger finds the code file and shows the line number
>> where it actually is, but doesn't show the code. In 1.0.1 the debugger
>> was functioning.
> simple
> do
> dos2unix *.prg, i got same problem this days an resolved with dos2unix
> command

Okay, that is the solution. I don't quite understand why it is a problem
with CRLF in Linux. But otherwise I can debug again.

>> 2. I read several times in the newsgroup that others have the same
>> problem with HB_EXT_INKEY like me. It is fine that some people now can
>> use the extended keyboard features but I would prefer the old inkey
>> coding without HB_EXT_INKEY because I have to serve an old Clipper prog
>> and for example I don't want to change all
>> keyboard chr(23)
>> keyboard K_CTRL_W
>> especially because the same code is still used in DOS. I tried to unset
>> #define HB_EXT_INKEY
>> But then xharbour will not compile.
>> Couldn't you provide a switch for those who don't want HB_EXT_INKEY used?
> cant, xharbour is by default compiled with this switch

I suggest to think about that again: there is a bunch of people using old
Clipper progs and now have a problem running them with xharbour especially
if they still use Clipper code in DOS and don't want to or can't change
this code to xharbour.

I am in charge of a program with 502 files with 100 to 3000 lines per file.
I would have to code for example

#ifdef XHARBOUR
keyboard K_CTRL_W
#else
keyboard chr(23)
#endif

every instance of a keyboard command. That would take weeks to change the
code.

My solution:
I commented the lines 190 to 238 in include/inkey.ch out.

A switch would be a finer solution.

Someone knows something about the problem in cursor highlighting in
Memoedit()?

Best regards

Claudia

Claudia,

> I suggest to think about that again: there is a bunch of people using old
> Clipper progs and now have a problem running them with xharbour especially
> if they still use Clipper code in DOS and don't want to or can't change
> this code to xharbour.
>
> I am in charge of a program with 502 files with 100 to 3000 lines per
> file.
> I would have to code for example
>
> #ifdef XHARBOUR
> keyboard K_CTRL_W
> #else
> keyboard chr(23)
> #endif
>
> every instance of a keyboard command. That would take weeks to change the
> code.

The above is wrong, because:

   KEYBOARD K_CTRL_W

Would compile and work perfectly for BOTH Clipper and xHarbour - no #ifdef
is required.

> My solution:
> I commented the lines 190 to 238 in include/inkey.ch out.

If this works for you, then you could instead simply make sure the
HB_EXT_INKEY is not defined. Either way this is not the proper solution
unless you also build xHarbour yourself making sure that HB_EXT_INKEY is NOT
used.

> A switch would be a finer solution.

See above.

Ron

On 1 Cze, 15:25, Claudia <dr.claudia.neum...@gmx.de> wrote:
> I tried to unset
> #define HB_EXT_INKEY
> But then xharbour will not compile.
> Couldn't you provide a switch for those who don't want HB_EXT_INKEY used?

Hi Claudia

 I solved this problem as follows:

I modified file \include\hbsetup.ch

line 90 // #define HB_EXT_INKEY

In file \source\rtl\tgetlist.prg
I find string "cToPaste" in line 288 and 319

add:

#ifdef HB_EXT_INKEY
 local cToPaste, nI, nLen
#endif

after these changes xHarbour should compile without warnings.

Regards Grzegorz
0
grzesmax (47)
6/2/2009 6:30:21 AM
Hi Ron!

Ron Pinkas wrote:

> Claudia,
>
>> I suggest to think about that again: there is a bunch of people using old
>> Clipper progs and now have a problem running them with xharbour
>> especially if they still use Clipper code in DOS and don't want to or
>> can't change this code to xharbour.
>>
>> I am in charge of a program with 502 files with 100 to 3000 lines per
>> file.
>> I would have to code for example
>>
>> #ifdef XHARBOUR
>> keyboard K_CTRL_W
>> #else
>> keyboard chr(23)
>> #endif
>>
>> every instance of a keyboard command. That would take weeks to change the
>> code.
>
> The above is wrong, because:
>
>    KEYBOARD K_CTRL_W
>
> Would compile and work perfectly for BOTH Clipper and xHarbour - no #ifdef
> is required.
>
>> My solution:
>> I commented the lines 190 to 238 in include/inkey.ch out.
>
> If this works for you, then you could instead simply make sure the
> HB_EXT_INKEY is not defined. Either way this is not the proper solution
> unless you also build xHarbour yourself making sure that HB_EXT_INKEY is
> NOT used.

I tried that but than xharbour wouldn't compile:

.../../tgetlist.prg(603) Warning W0003  Variable: 'CTOPASTE' declared but not
used in function: 'HBGETLIST_GETAPPLYKEY(288)'
.../../tgetlist.prg(603) Warning W0003  Variable: 'NI' declared but not used
in function: 'HBGETLIST_GETAPPLYKEY(288)'
.../../tgetlist.prg(603) Warning W0003  Variable: 'NLEN' declared but not
used in function: 'HBGETLIST_GETAPPLYKEY(288)'
0 error

No code generated
make[3]: *** [tgetlist.c] Error 1

Regards

Claudia

>> A switch would be a finer solution.
>
> See above.
>
> Ron

Hi Grzegorz!

wgreg66 wrote:

> On 1 Cze, 15:25, Claudia <dr.claudia.neum...@gmx.de> wrote:
>> I tried to unset
>> #define HB_EXT_INKEY
>> But then xharbour will not compile.
>> Couldn't you provide a switch for those who don't want HB_EXT_INKEY used?
>
> Hi Claudia
>
>  I solved this problem as follows:
>
> I modified file \include\hbsetup.ch
>
> line 90 // #define HB_EXT_INKEY
>
> In file \source\rtl\tgetlist.prg
> I find string "cToPaste" in line 288 and 319
>
> add:
>
> #ifdef HB_EXT_INKEY
>  local cToPaste, nI, nLen
> #endif
>
> after these changes xHarbour should compile without warnings.
>
> Regards Grzegorz

Yes, now it compiles.

Could that be included in the code in CVS?

Best regards

Claudia

Problems solved:

> 1. the classical debugger doesn't show the code. First I thought it could
> be a color problem, but it isn't. Changing the color doesn't help. You can
> find a screenshot at http://www.apw-wiegand.de/apwlin/debugger.png. As you
> can see the debugger finds the code file and shows the line number where
> it actually is, but doesn't show the code. In 1.0.1 the debugger was
> functioning.

For the classical debugger to run in Linux the code should not have carriage
return line feed (DOS style) but only carriage return (Linux style).

> 2. I read several times in the newsgroup that others have the same problem
> with HB_EXT_INKEY like me. It is fine that some people now can use the
> extended keyboard features but I would prefer the old inkey coding without
> HB_EXT_INKEY because I have to serve an old Clipper prog and for example I
> don't want to change all
> keyboard chr(23)
> keyboard K_CTRL_W
> especially because the same code is still used in DOS. I tried to unset
> #define HB_EXT_INKEY
> But then xharbour will not compile.
> Couldn't you provide a switch for those who don't want HB_EXT_INKEY used?

Thanks to  Grzegorz:

Modify file \include\hbsetup.ch

line 90 // #define HB_EXT_INKEY

In file \source\rtl\tgetlist.prg
I find string "cToPaste" in line 288 and 319

add:

#ifdef HB_EXT_INKEY
 local cToPaste, nI, nLen
#endif

Then xharbour will compile without HB_EXT_INKEY.

> 3. In Memoedit() I now get lines and text highlighted whenever I move the
> cursor with arrow keys. It doesn't change the text but the highlighting is
> disturbing. How can I change that behavior?

If xharbour is compiled without HB_EXT_INKEY in the above way the
highlighting in Memoedit() with the arrow keys is gone.

HTH

Claudia

> I tried that but than xharbour wouldn't compile:
>
> ../../tgetlist.prg(603) Warning W0003  Variable: 'CTOPASTE' declared but
> not
> used in function: 'HBGETLIST_GETAPPLYKEY(288)'
> ../../tgetlist.prg(603) Warning W0003  Variable: 'NI' declared but not
> used
> in function: 'HBGETLIST_GETAPPLYKEY(288)'
> ../../tgetlist.prg(603) Warning W0003  Variable: 'NLEN' declared but not
> used in function: 'HBGETLIST_GETAPPLYKEY(288)'
> 0 error

Fixed thanks for the report.

Ron

Problems problems....
I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. I'm angry :)) I have LVD/SE terminator, and i think 68pin cable ( not sure about that ). Hope i gave you enough info to try and help. Thanx! -- ----------------------------------- Makni #### iz adrese Seems obvious that the drive is going belly up. You could download the manufacture's utility disk and confirm it. I think time would more wisely be spent backing up your data before you can't read it at all. DaveL "biBU" <idolovcak####@inet.hr> wrote in message news:cuslus$ljq$1@fegnews.vip.hr... > I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. > > Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even > bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does > not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it > seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it > all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. > I'm angry :)) > > ...

Re: How many files can you have in a VMS directory without performance problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? perfo #2
On 8/17/05, Mark Berryman <mark@theberrymans.com> wrote: > Steven M. Schweda wrote: > > First, does anyone know why Info-VAX goes nuts on subjects from time > > to time? (Or is the trouble elsewhere?) >=20 > Elsewhere. Info-VAX does not rewrite the subject. >=20 > Mark Berryman > Info-VAX admin >=20 I thought it was reacting to poster sanity bugchecks. : ^ ) WWWebb --=20 NOTE: This email address is only used for noncommerical VMS-related correspondence. All unsolicited commercial email will be deemed to be a request for services pursuant to the terms and conditions located at http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/e/webbww/ ...

Is this a BIOS problem, a kernel problem or a user problem :-)
Hi all, I have a Dual Core P4, which dmesg reports as (CPU0 and) CPU1: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 5 CPU 2.66GHz stepping 07 Unfortunately, it is also reporting CPU: Hyper-Threading is disabled I went through the BIOS (AMI dated 2005) and saw no option to enable HT. uname -a reports Linux hwa3 2.6.17-10-generic #2 SMP Fri Oct 13 18:45:35 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux so clearly the BIOS and the kernel see the processor as dual core. Is there a utility to do this (enable hyperthreading)? Am I going to have to recompile the kernel? Is there a set of Intel dual core CPU's which does not have H...

CUPS problem? or network problem? or printer problem?
Trying to configure CUPS to print to an HP LaserJet 5si over the network. Here is the relevant error_log stuff: I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Job 14 queued on 'ptr' by 'wm'. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/texttops (PID 12120) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 1 2121) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster (P ID 12122) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertoprint er (PID 1...

Problem with problem section
Hi, I have defined as follows: ------------------------------------------------------------------- \newtheorem{problem}{Problem}[section] --------------------------------------------------------------------------- and I use as: ----------------------------------------------------- \begin{problem} \label{ch6:p2} {\bf {Understanding {\bf XXX} assignment}} Convert the code in problem \ref{ch6:p1} to {\bf XXX} assignment. Fill the table \ref{ch6:p1t}, along with the comments. \end{problem} ------------------------------------------------------------------- What I want is all my figures and table before I start the next problem. With my definitions all my tables and figures goes to some other pages, before next problem section starts. How can I fix this? I don't have this problem in section, subsection and subsubsection. Please help On Nov 16, 1:57=A0pm, Sant <santhosh_h...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have defined as follows: > ------------------------------------------------------------------- > \newtheorem{problem}{Problem}[section] > -------------------------------------------------------------------------= -- > > and I use as: > > ----------------------------------------------------- > \begin{problem} > \label{ch6:p2} > > {\bf {Understanding {\bf XXX} assignment}} > > Convert the code in problem \ref{ch6:p1} to {\bf XXX} assignment. > Fill the table \ref{ch6:p1t}, along with the comments. > \end{probl...

Linux, ISE 7.1, problems, problems, problems ....
ok, ok we've beaten this subject to death already .... I just had this really radical and crazy idea: XILINX, how about a BETA program ? I mean one before you burn the CDs and make a product announcement and we are stuck with a useless plastic disc. If I look at all the issues that people are having with 7.1, they are all so trivial and easy to to solve (include a few libs, distribute a statically linked setup program, etc.). I'm sure a few of us with subscription would volunteer to test drive a pre-release version of your s/w. - I know I would. Wouldn't that be much nicer than shipping Beta software and having everybody whine and complain ??? Wouldn't it be nicer if people would post messages expressing their joy how easy and functional the s/w upgrade was ? All you need is a dozen or so beta testers. Don't tell me thats more work than to creating all the work around and answer records and all the support calls .... As I said, a very radical idea ! rudi ============================================================= Rudolf Usselmann, ASICS World Services, http://www.asics.ws Your Partner for IP Cores, Design, Verification and Synthesis Rudolf Usselmann <russelmann@hotmail.com> wrote: > ok, ok we've beaten this subject to death already .... > I just had this really radical and crazy idea: > XILINX, how about a BETA program ? I mean one before you burn > the CDs and make a product announcement and we are stuck with >...

Windows 7 and Eudora 7.1: problems, problems and problems.
Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first day I have problem with Eudora 7.1. My problems are when Eudora downloads emails. I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again regularly. Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download. Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again. Always the same problem. Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same problems. Perhaps have I to replace Eudora 7 with Eudora 8? I want to cry!!!! Help me please. Thanks a lot. PS. I have replaced beacause it is important for me new mailboxes with old mailboxes and I replaced Eudora.ini. Perhaps is it my problem? AroundTheWorld <AroundTheWorld@DELETEinterfree.it> wrote in news:s4usj5p0otqo5hlr30rsbnibj2t0uh3od1@4ax.com: > Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first > day I have problem with Eudora 7.1. > My problems are when Eudora downloads emails. > I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets > stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again > regularly. > Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download. > Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again. > Always the same problem. > Then ..... I h...

need to compute this problem having problems with how to start this problem help need urgently
Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable from the interval [0; 2theta] and let A  Exp(1) be exponentially distributed with mean 1. Assume  and A independent. Compute the mean mX(t) =E[X(t)] and autocorrelation RX(s; t) = E[X(s)X(t)] of the phase-shifted sinusoid.X(t) = A*  cos(t +theta ): State also if X(t) is Wide Sense Stationary (WSS). plot 10 realisations of X(t) plotR(s-t,0)as a function of s-t "pramod kumar" <pramod.kilu@gmail.com> wrote in message <jpapso$44b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable from the interval [0; 2theta] and let A  Exp(1) be exponentially distributed with mean 1. Assume  and A independent. Compute the mean mX(t) =E[X(t)] and autocorrelation RX(s; t) = E[X(s)X(t)] of the phase-shifted sinusoid.X(t) = A*  cos(t +theta ): > State also if X(t) is Wide Sense Stationary (WSS). > plot 10 realisations of X(t) > plotR(s-t,0)as a function of s-t So what have you tried? If you have not tried anything, this is a suggestion that you were not paying attention in class. Make an effort. John "pramod kumar" <pramod.kilu@gmail.com> wrote in message <jpapso$44b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable from the interval [0; 2theta] and let A  Exp(1) be exponentially distributed with mean 1. Assume  and A independent. Compute the mean mX(t) =E[X(t)] and autocorrelation RX(s; t) = E[X(s)X(t)]...

yahoo.com.au mail problems problems problems
Hello, in the last month I encountered big problems to read mail from yahoo.com.au server. There is no chance to connect to e-mail /www based server. Having logged to www.yahoo.com.au mail window doesn't open waiting for an image from au.adserver.yahoo.com server is that server dead, making reading mail completely impossible ? Ping says, that server is unreachable. What can I do to make things better as in previous months ? Ple ...

debugger problem
I am trying to convert an clipper app to VO 2.7b. I am using the debugger to see what is going on. The debugger appears to work until the shell window and menu appears on screen. After this I can not see any more code. I have checked the properties box in each module. Any suggestions or is this a problem with debug. Malcolm Hi Malcolm, whenever you want the debugger to pop up, you'll have to code AltD() there in your Code where you want to have a look. It's not done as in the old days by pressing "Alt+D" (-8 HAND Klaus "me" <lus...

debugger problem
I've got a problem writing a debugger. The debugging process won't get notificated, and the debug process won't show up, although it is running in task-manager. Any idea what I did wrong? BTW: I use mingw for the program and VS ..net for the debugger program. But that's not a problem, is it? // --------------------------------------------------------------- // // This is the debugger code // --------------------------------------------------------------- // BOOL CSampleView::DebugProgram(LPCTSTR lpPathName, LPCTSTR lpComdLine) { DEBUG_EVENT DebugEv; DWORD dwCo...

gif problem or filesystem problem?
Folks, I'm using SuSE 7.1, kernal 2.4.0-4Gb on a Reiserfs filesystem. I have 2,500plus images that I've saved over a number of years on my windoze laptop and *copied* many of them to my linux server. I do frequent backups on my linux server to CD and decided one day to do a disaster recovery and test my data. Here's my problem... I checked my backups and discovered that with the exception of gifs, all other files (jpegs,docs,xls,wmv,avi,txt,htm etc) were viewable. The gifs were reported as corrupt. Because the files on my linux box were a backup of original data that was on my laptop, I could examine and confirm that all the original files (including gifs) were fine/viewable. I thought the problem might be with my CD burn so I ftp received my backup from my linux box to a temp work area on my windows laptop and found again that I could view all but gifs. From the above I therefore feel safe that the gifs were either corrupted during an ftp to/from the linux box, or else that my filesystem has somehow screwed the whole thing up... I mean... basically... the original images on my windoze box are fine, and the backups on/from my linux box are screwed up... and so far, the problem relates only to gif files. So... does anyone know of any complications that one could have with having a gif file on a linux box? I've recently shared a few posts with someone in the comp.lang.php who have had similar problems (and confirmed by ...

driver problem or hardware problem?
im a gamer who has some issues with xp. i was just curious, is it possible that xp could have some configuration problem with a mother board? i have tried playing numerous games (fps) and everytime i play them they run for 1-5 minutes and then my pc either crashes back to windows with no error message or the whole computer reboots and i get an xp error message telling me that my drivers are not the proper ones. i have bought a new video card and sound card each compatible for xp and still get the same problem. any ideas. could it be the motherboard or is it xp? any info would be appreciated. thanks ruhockey12@aol.com (Neil) wrote in message news:<f11c0b98.0406141909.1cc0a0cc@posting.google.com>... > im a gamer who has some issues with xp. i was just curious, is it > possible that xp could have some configuration problem with a mother > board? > > i have tried playing numerous games (fps) and everytime i play them > they run for 1-5 minutes and then my pc either crashes back to windows > with no error message or the whole computer reboots and i get an xp > error message telling me that my drivers are not the proper ones. i > have bought a new video card and sound card each compatible for xp and > still get the same problem. any ideas. could it be the motherboard or > is it xp? > > any info would be appreciated. > > thanks Have you updated to the most recent video drivers? Out of date video drivers will often cause gam...

Purify problem or compiler problem?
Hi, I am using sun's CC (c++ compiler) to compile the follow code: #define __REENTRANT #include <stdio.h> #include <pthread.h> void *one(void *dummy); void two(void); void output(void); int main (int argc, char **argv) { pthread_t tid; pthread_create( &tid, NULL, one, NULL ); pthread_join(tid,NULL); } void *one(void *dummy) { output(); two(); return NULL; } void two(void) { output(); } void output(void) { //char string[16468]; //This one purify likes //char string[16469]={0}; //This and greater makes purify spit BSW's char string[16469]; //This and greater makes purify spit a IPW/R's string[0]='\0'; } This is purify's output: IPW: Invalid pointer write This is occurring while in thread 7: void output() [testmain3.o] void two() [testmain3.o] void*one(void*) [testmain3.o] _thread_start [libthread.so.1] Writing 1 byte to 0x7e5fbbef on the stack of thread 7. Address 0x7e5fbbef is 16473 bytes below frame pointer in function void output(). Thread Summary : 7 threads in existence Thread 0 [main thread] Stack Limit : (0xff3f0000 0xffbf0000), size = 0x800000 Thread 1 Stack Limit : (0x7ef10000 0x7f010000), size = 0x100000 Stack Use : (0x7f00fa30 0x7f00fd54), size = 0x324 Thread 2 Stack Limit : (0x7e652000 0x...

ReFresh problem or target problem
I have CGI program which the program used to edit the information about the question from the database. Once, I update the question, if I press F5 or Refresh, it will load to the default frame. I have divided the frame into 3 main parts, the top with the information about the login name, and the left about the menu for user to nevigate thought (Other link to call cgi files, and this frame will load itself to the right frame), and the right frame to display information. I also set the default frame for the right frame as well. Anyone knows how to make my current cgi file when User click Refr...

Problems with debugger
Hi, Do you know, what my be a reason for such "screen of death" during debuggin= g ? It looks like this : - the program stops on a beakpoint and I invoke locals and database (ctrl = L + ctrl D) - in few seconds iI get the error screen with "unhandled exception 0xC0...= 5" - after such exit I found a new module __VO__DebugModule (on the beginning= it is hidden, and I am not able to compile program; I must export the whol= e program to aef, delete it in a repository and then import from aef; after= such strange operations the extra module is visible and I am...

Debugger problem
Hello, I am new to OS X programming, and i use C++ compiler Codewarrior 8.0 with OS as 10.2 and i somehow managed to crash my system so that i had to reinstall the OS (10.2.2) But now my Codewarrior 8.0 complains to me whenever i try to debug an application. It says "Unknown Error. Can't connect to GDB", Also the interface builder and project builder dont work with the new install Before the latest install they worked correctly. I have the folder known as 'previous system' which contains all the preferences and libraries that i used previously what can i take from these files without doing a reinstall? Please advise. Kind Regards Joji In article <8149dc89.0407070407.3e41f028@posting.google.com>, jojiv@hotmail.com (Joji V) wrote: >Hello, >I am new to OS X programming, and i use C++ compiler >Codewarrior 8.0 with OS as 10.2 >and i somehow managed to >crash my system so that i had to reinstall the OS (10.2.2) >But now my Codewarrior 8.0 complains to me whenever i >try to debug an application. >It says "Unknown Error. Can't connect to GDB", You need to install the Apple Developers Tools In order to debug or rebuild libraries on OS X you also need to go to the Apple Developers Connection http://www.apple.com/developer/ or http://connect.apple.com and download the December 2002 Developers tools for OS X 10.2.x The versions of gdb that came with OS X CD's h...

Debugger problems
Hi I keep getting some strange behavior in the RB Debugger. I am Using RB5.5.4Pro on Mac OS 10.3.6. When I run the debugger on a app I'm developing, I will often get arrays filling with unexpected values or no values at all, however if I build the app and run it, it works as expected. Is this a common problem with the RB5.5.4 debugger or is my Mac or copy of RB a bit sick? m OK, I have discovered that Chr(255) cannot be used to return NthField or CountField. I don't know if it is the system or RB that has the problem, but it just doesn't like this ascii character. m ...

Is this problem an NP
Hi, Could you give me some suggestions on this problem? Thanks for your time and attention first. The problem I am thinking is as follows: Given an undirected graph. Every edge in this graph will be in a specific color. Now I want to find a subset of edges that contains the least kinds of colors. Is it an NP complete problem? Finally thanks a lot for your time and attention once again. Best regards, Helen ...

Debugger problem?
I use the debugger regularly and have just run into a problem that I have not seen before: Using C5.5H ABC on W2K machine Not all the procedures are available in the debugger. They simply are not there. Every procedure is set to debug mode and the whole app is set to Full debug. For example: Modules 1 through 18 and 20 through 25 are available, but module 19 is missing. I move the procedure in module 19 into module 18 and, although the source code shows up in the debugger, it is not "active." That is, I cannot set a break point in it or step into it. The AppFile.map file is also ...

[...]

Hello I am having some problems with the debugger in RHIDE. Whenever I set a break point and try to run the program I get the following message: "This program has no usable debugging information. Try to compile it with the -g switch." The -g switch *is* set, no optimizers are set and the project compiles just find. RHIDE version: 1.5 Debugger version: 5.3 DJGPP version: 2.03 GCC version: 3.2.2 Running under Win98. I hope anyone can give me some help on this matter. Thanks in advance. /Locke Magnus Malm <temp_locke@hotmail.com> wrote: : I am having some problems with the debugger in RHIDE. Whenever I set a : break point and try to run the program I get the following message: : "This program has no usable debugging information. Try to compile it with : the -g switch." : The -g switch *is* set, no optimizers are set and the project compiles just : find. Use some newer debug format. Try using "-gstabs+". Or some other one, check the manual for the whole list. Right, MartinS On 14 Aug 2003 20:37:39 GMT, Martin Str|mberg <ams@speedy.ludd.luth.se> wrote: >Magnus Malm <temp_locke@hotmail.com> wrote: >: I am having some problems with the debugger in RHIDE. Whenever I set a >: break point and try to run the program I get the following message: > >: "This program has no usable debugging information. Try to compile it with >: the -g switch." > >: The -g switch *is* set, no optimizers...

Debugger problem?
Hello, Is there any word on whether the Debugger() call has a bug in 8.3? It doesn't stop where you put the call--it stops outside of the function, and so relevant variables are not accessible. This is bad, especially if you are trying to teach programming with CW. Bint In article <BB8C9E92.C266%juliosity@igf.com>, Bint <juliosity@igf.com> wrote: > Is there any word on whether the Debugger() call has a bug in 8.3? It > doesn't stop where you put the call--it stops outside of the function, and > so relevant variables are not accessible. T...

Debugger Problems
I recently purchased a copy of CodeWarrior Learning Edition v4. It works well mostly, even though it's slighty more limited that I would like. The thing in CodeWarrior I've been having problems with is the debugger. Whenever I try to debug something, CodeWarrior crashes. The problem is 100% reproducable. I've looked at http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=20030427093158.25304.00000126@mb- m23.aol.com and http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=9c6fb850.0306300706.f10989f@posti ng.google.com but the solutions have not helped. When I try to run CW8_GDB.bin ...

Web resources about - debugger problem and other problem - comp.lang.xharbour

Debugger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. A debugger ...

Debugger - Facebook-Entwickler
Facebook-Entwickler Search Facebook Developers Dokumente Werkzeuge Hilfe Neuigkeiten Anwendungen Anmelden Debugger Startseite › Werkzeuge Input ...

Script Debugger 5.0
Major update to one of my favorite apps of all time. If you dick around with AppleScript, you should have Script Debugger.

Review: 5 memory debuggers for Linux coding
When you're working in Linux, manually debugging memory-related errors can be difficult and time consuming. These five tools can help.

Android Studio 1.2 Reaches Beta, Adds Built-In Decompiler, Inline Debugger Variables, Smarter Formatting ...
When Android Studio v1.1 entered the Stable channel, about 6 weeks ago, the Dev Tools team gave word that v1.2 was already well underway and ...

Review: 5 memory debuggers for Linux coding
As a programmer, I'm aware that I tend to make mistakes and why not? Even programmers are human. Some errors are detected during code compilation, ...

Meet the DeBuggers An attitude adjustment regarding the "Fix" at Healthcare.gov
Let me start off by saying that Healthcare.gov is now working well in most areas of the US. Folks are accessing the site all day, every day, ...

Resolving Nightmare Bugs With Reversible Linux App Debugger
Undo and ARM partner on ARM DS-5 tool suite rapidly resolve nightmare bugs

Bed bugs: A new debugger - The Economist
FEW things destroy the reputation of a high-class hotel faster than bed bugs.

Genuitec Launches Debugger for PhoneGap, Apache Cordova
Genuitec ships GapDebug, a new debugger for developers building PhoneGap and Apache Cordova apps.