Decompiler for Clipper EXE

Friends.....

Due to unavoidable circumstances I've lost my source of certain
applications written in Clipper. I've an immediate requirement of
doing certain modifications in one of such application - I've taken
the backup of EXE & Dbfs from the client site, and requested them to
be patient for a few days.

It will be just impossible to re-write the entire application. Is
there any way to get the source code back - I googled and saw
"Valkyrie" - but that's commercial.  Also saw "rescue5".

Is there anyway to get the source code back from my this clipper
application (hope its in Clipper 5 and not in Clipper 5.3). There's NO
THIRD PARTY LIB USED. I had a planning for converting this application
first to xHarbour and then to xHarbour with GUI - but it jeopardised.

I'm ready to upload my EXE also if reqd.?

With regards,

Swapan
comp.lang.xharbour 5470 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

What CLIPPER compiler version of the EXE is created you and especially
if you have deleted the lines with no option / L

Swapan Das wrote:
> Friends.....
>
> Due to unavoidable circumstances I've lost my source of certain
> applications written in Clipper. I've an immediate requirement of
> doing certain modifications in one of such application - I've taken
> the backup of EXE & Dbfs from the client site, and requested them to
> be patient for a few days.
>
> It will be just impossible to re-write the entire application. Is
> there any way to get the source code back - I googled and saw
> "Valkyrie" - but that's commercial.  Also saw "rescue5".
>
> Is there anyway to get the source code back from my this clipper
> application (hope its in Clipper 5 and not in Clipper 5.3). There's NO
> THIRD PARTY LIB USED. I had a planning for converting this application
> first to xHarbour and then to xHarbour with GUI - but it jeopardised.
>
> I'm ready to upload my EXE also if reqd.?
>
> With regards,
>
> Swapan
Dear Swapan Dash

Please send me zip file at learning_b@yahoo.com  , I will show to one of my
friend who may help you.

Regards
Bapu.
Central Africa

"Swapan Das" <swapan19.das@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Friends.....
>
> Due to unavoidable circumstances I've lost my source of certain
> applications written in Clipper. I've an immediate requirement of
> doing certain modifications in one of such application - I've taken
> the backup of EXE & Dbfs from the client site, and requested them to
> be patient for a few days.
>
> It will be just impossible to re-write the entire application. Is
> there any way to get the source code back - I googled and saw
> "Valkyrie" - but that's commercial.  Also saw "rescue5".
>
> Is there anyway to get the source code back from my this clipper
> application (hope its in Clipper 5 and not in Clipper 5.3). There's NO
> THIRD PARTY LIB USED. I had a planning for converting this application
> first to xHarbour and then to xHarbour with GUI - but it jeopardised.
>
> I'm ready to upload my EXE also if reqd.?
>
> With regards,
>
> Swapan

0
learning_b (89)
3/25/2009 1:38:16 PM
Swapan,

You may send the publishers of Valkyrie a letter describing the charitable
cause, and maybe they'll send you a free copy.  Otherwise if your client
pays you for your work, it would only be fair that you also respect the work
of other software developers, and honor their copyright.

Ron

On Mar 25, 7:14=A0pm, "Ron Pinkas" <RonPinkas_remove_th...@xHarbour.com>
wrote:
> Swapan,
>
> You may send the publishers of Valkyrie a letter describing the charitabl=
> cause, and maybe they'll send you a free copy. =A0Otherwise if your clien=
> pays you for your work, it would only be fair that you also respect the w=
ork
> of other software developers, and honor their copyright.
>
> Ron
>

> > Due to unavoidable circumstances I've lost my source of certain
> > applications written in Clipper. I've an immediate requirement of
> > doing certain modifications in one of such application - I've taken
> > the backup of EXE & Dbfs from the client site, and requested them to
> > be patient for a few days.
>
> > It will be just impossible to re-write the entire application. Is
> > there any way to get the source code back - I googled and saw
> > "Valkyrie" - but that's commercial. =A0Also saw "rescue5".
>
> > Is there anyway to get the source code back from my this clipper
> > application (hope its in Clipper 5 and not in Clipper 5.3). There's NO
> > THIRD PARTY LIB USED. I had a planning for converting this application
> > first to xHarbour and then to xHarbour with GUI - but it jeopardised.
>
> > I'm ready to upload my EXE also if reqd.?
>
> > With regards,
>
> > Swapan- Hide quoted text -

Thanks everybody for the response.

RON: Thanks for ur suggestion. Yes the application is written by me
only, if anyone decodes it can see my name in the prgs, as developer
name. The issue with Client is that I never supplied the source code,
we generally don't until the customer asks for the same. And in that
case we quote the price of the software in that way also......
My this client know little about programming and thinks I can make
changes to the program if I take the backup of his application with
data and work on it!
I'm just wondering if Valkyrie guys will do this charity.......

BAPU:Thanks for ur help. Let me first try with Valkyrie people.

I lost source codes of many applications, but I wanted to get back the
source code of this application as its small, practical project and a
good sample application for converting to xHarbour and then to xHrbour
+GUI.

Regards,

Swapan
Hi Swapan!

About decompiliers for Clipper:

I have some expirience in this job and can say: Valkyrie get us "good
looking" code, but... it makes some mistakes sometimes (especially in
codeblocks with "chain" of functions and some other situations).

When I need to decompile Clipper application (I use Clipper 5.01 and
RTLink), I use _two_ decompiliers for this:

1) RESCUE5
It gives me "bad looking" code - because text contains Clipper built-
in _functions_, not translated to _commands_ . For examle:

@ 10, 10 say "Hello"

it writes like

DEVPOS(10, 10)
DEVOUT("Hello")

etc.

Good news: RESCUE5 gives me files (with .SRC or .UDF extension) that
contains functions and procedures as in _original_ PRGs

2) VALKYRIE
It gives me (as I said) "good looking" code - but it will be in
_one_ .SRC file (and can contain - as I said too - some mistakes).

Another bad news about Valkyrie: if you have in different PRGs two or
more STATIC functions with _same_ name (f.e. with name "KDD"), you
must _resolve_ this problem when you decompilies your app in Valkyrie
(and then you have one "static function KDD()" in 1st .SRC file -
where _all_ other is - and another "static function KDD()" in 2nd .SRC
file [in can be different with 1st "KDD()"]; and if you want edit one
of KDD's - what you must edit?).

After decompiling with both decompiliers (in different folders of
course) I take Valkyrie's code as _main_ (I copy funcs from
Valkyrie's .SRC and paste them to lot of .PRG's if I need) and (looks
to RESCUE5's code) edit it.

Such process is better way (for me) and give best result.

(Sorry if my English is not the best :) I tried)

Alex L. Gustow
Yekaterinburg, Russia
http://gustow.narod.ru/harbour/harbour.htm
gustow33 [at] mail [dot] ru
1
gustow333 (13)
3/26/2009 6:56:31 AM
On 26 mrt, 07:56, "Alexey L. Gustow" <gustow...@pochtamt.ru> wrote:

That is a very good description of real practice using these
decompilers.
Thank you very much, I have never read such hands-on description.

Thnx
Ath
0
TonHu2004 (20)
3/26/2009 11:50:58 PM
On Mar 26, 11:56=A0am, "Alexey L. Gustow" <gustow...@pochtamt.ru> wrote:
> Hi Swapan!
>
> About decompiliers for Clipper:
>
> I have some expirience in this job and can say: Valkyrie get us "good
> looking" code, but... it makes some mistakes sometimes (especially in
> codeblocks with "chain" of functions and some other situations).
>
> When I need to decompile Clipper application (I use Clipper 5.01 and
> RTLink), I use _two_ decompiliers for this:
>
> 1) RESCUE5
> It gives me "bad looking" code - because text contains Clipper built-
> in _functions_, not translated to _commands_ . For examle:
>
> @ 10, 10 say "Hello"
>
> it writes like
>
> DEVPOS(10, 10)
> DEVOUT("Hello")
>
> etc.
>
> Good news: RESCUE5 gives me files (with .SRC or .UDF extension) that
> contains functions and procedures as in _original_ PRGs
>
> 2) VALKYRIE
> It gives me (as I said) "good looking" code - but it will be in
> _one_ .SRC file (and can contain - as I said too - some mistakes).
>
> Another bad news about Valkyrie: if you have in different PRGs two or
> more STATIC functions with _same_ name (f.e. with name "KDD"), you
> must _resolve_ this problem when you decompilies your app in Valkyrie
> (and then you have one "static function KDD()" in 1st .SRC file -
> where _all_ other is - and another "static function KDD()" in 2nd .SRC
> file [in can be different with 1st "KDD()"]; and if you want edit one
> of KDD's - what you must edit?).
>
> After decompiling with both decompiliers (in different folders of
> course) I take Valkyrie's code as _main_ (I copy funcs from
> Valkyrie's .SRC and paste them to lot of .PRG's if I need) and (looks
> to RESCUE5's code) edit it.
>
> Such process is better way (for me) and give best result.
>
> (Sorry if my English is not the best :) I tried)
>
> Alex L. Gustow
> Yekaterinburg, Russiahttp://gustow.narod.ru/harbour/harbour.htm
> gustow33 [at] mail [dot] ru

Thanks a lot Alexey for going in such detail regarding the decompiling
methodolgy you follow.

RON: What's the email-id of publishers of Valkyrie?

BTW, my this mishap of losing "source code" helped me to know about
this avenue of Clipper (the decompilation of exe!) which remained
untouched even after so many years of my programming with Clipper.

Regards,

Swapan Das
swapan19DOTTTTTTdasATTTTTgmailDOTTTTcom
Swapan Das,

> RON: What's the email-id of publishers of Valkyrie?

I believe you missed my point. From what you describe it sounds as if you
are being PAID to do the work you do for this customer, and thus you should
BUY Valkyrie (http://www.hallogram.com/valkyrie/).

> BTW, my this mishap of losing "source code" helped me to know about
> this avenue of Clipper (the decompilation of exe!) which remained
> untouched even after so many years of my programming with Clipper.

Yet your misfortune should not lead you to abuse the copyright of other
developers.

Ron

Swapan,

I have used Valkyrie years ago. It worked fine.
Unfortunately it will NOT decompile an exe that was linked
with Blinker 5 or later, only Blinker 4.1.

I never used another linker so I have no experience.

-- Robert

Swapan Das wrote:
> Friends.....
>
> Due to unavoidable circumstances I've lost my source of certain
> applications written in Clipper. I've an immediate requirement of
> doing certain modifications in one of such application - I've taken
> the backup of EXE & Dbfs from the client site, and requested them to
> be patient for a few days.
>
> It will be just impossible to re-write the entire application. Is
> there any way to get the source code back - I googled and saw
> "Valkyrie" - but that's commercial.  Also saw "rescue5".
>
> Is there anyway to get the source code back from my this clipper
> application (hope its in Clipper 5 and not in Clipper 5.3). There's NO
> THIRD PARTY LIB USED. I had a planning for converting this application
> first to xHarbour and then to xHarbour with GUI - but it jeopardised.
>
> I'm ready to upload my EXE also if reqd.?
>
> With regards,
>
> Swapan
0
drrobert (290)
3/27/2009 1:18:39 PM
> Yet your misfortune should not lead you to abuse the copyright of other
> developers.
>
> Ron

First of all Thanks everybody for enlighting me on this subject.  BTW
I used Clipper 5.1 and RTLINK linker only, and no 3rd party add-ons.

Ron: I didn't had the intention of abusing other developers'
copyright. Yes, I was paid for the software I developed, and it didn't
included the price of the source code. And my this Customer will not
pay single penny to me for obtaining the "source code", as this is not
his headache how I modify the program. Through this thread I was
gathering info. on the ways out and the work arounds..... as I had
little knowledge on this decompilation field. What I gathered is that
its not that "easy" even to rebuild the entire applicaiton from the
original versions of Valkeryie & Rescue5. Its something like "data
retreving" process the people used to do with crashed HDDs. I've seen
the codes generated from the demo ver. of both these decompilers -
looks good but still lot of hard work has to be done to rebuild an
application of 100+ prgs, I suppose.

In the meantime, I was fanatically searching for my lost code from old
backups of 50+ floppies & 50 cds. And fortunately almost at the end of
my fanatic search, I happened to get hold of it from one of my floppy.
The version may not be the latest & exact one, but my purpose was
solved.

All of your good wishes helped.........

Regards,

-- Swapan
Dear Swapan Das:

>> Yet your misfortune should not lead you to abuse
>> the copyright of other developers.
> Ron: I didn't had the intention of abusing other
> developers' copyright. Yes, I was paid for the
> software I developed, and it didn't

Ron was referring to the developers of Valkeryie & Rescue5, not
the original authors of your code-base.  If you can get those
authors or their agents to donate its use because Bill Gates ate
your source code, then they have a say in the matter.  And you
did indicate you were going to ask them...

> In the meantime, I was fanatically searching for my
> lost code from old backups of 50+ floppies & 50 cds.
> And fortunately almost at the end of my fanatic search,
> I happened to get hold of it from one of my floppy. The
> version may not be the latest & exact one, but my
> purpose was solved.

Hooray!

Now could you learn a lesson, and start a regular backup program,
or routinely file your project's source code (unless trivial) in
some regular fashion?  Can this pain you've experienced lead to a
life lesson?  Could I sound more like a Jewish mother?  ;>)

David A. Smith

0
dlzc1 (2365)
3/28/2009 1:33:17 PM
On Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:48:51 PM UTC+5, SD wrote:
> Friends.....
>
> Due to unavoidable circumstances I've lost my source of certain
> applications written in Clipper. I've an immediate requirement of
> doing certain modifications in one of such application - I've taken
> the backup of EXE & Dbfs from the client site, and requested them to
> be patient for a few days.
>
> It will be just impossible to re-write the entire application. Is
> there any way to get the source code back - I googled and saw
> "Valkyrie" - but that's commercial.  Also saw "rescue5".
>
> Is there anyway to get the source code back from my this clipper
> application (hope its in Clipper 5 and not in Clipper 5.3). There's NO
> THIRD PARTY LIB USED. I had a planning for converting this application
> first to xHarbour and then to xHarbour with GUI - but it jeopardised.
>
> I'm ready to upload my EXE also if reqd.?
>
> With regards,
>
> Swapan

0
sadaqatali
6/5/2014 8:08:30 AM
Swapan,

I have used Valkyrie in the past.  Both on S87 and v5.2 project with
Blinker.  It works as expected.  You may have to bite the bullet and buy
it if your project is important to you.

It certainly taught me to exercise better source code protection methods.

-- Robert

On 6/5/2014 4:08 AM, sadaqatali.awan001@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:48:51 PM UTC+5, SD wrote:
>> Friends.....
>>
>> Due to unavoidable circumstances I've lost my source of certain
>> applications written in Clipper. I've an immediate requirement of
>> doing certain modifications in one of such application - I've taken
>> the backup of EXE & Dbfs from the client site, and requested them to
>> be patient for a few days.
>>
>> It will be just impossible to re-write the entire application. Is
>> there any way to get the source code back - I googled and saw
>> "Valkyrie" - but that's commercial.  Also saw "rescue5".
>>
>> Is there anyway to get the source code back from my this clipper
>> application (hope its in Clipper 5 and not in Clipper 5.3). There's NO
>> THIRD PARTY LIB USED. I had a planning for converting this application
>> first to xHarbour and then to xHarbour with GUI - but it jeopardised.
>>
>> I'm ready to upload my EXE also if reqd.?
>>
>> With regards,
>>
>> Swapan

0
Robert

Clipper... Clipper... Clipper
I have just found some time to revive Clipper...Clipper...Clipper at http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com. Congrats! "CCH" <cch@karensoft.com.my> wrote in message news:cf6fd8de-9e6a-468b-8dfe-b0b65e31f717@t26g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > I have just found some time to revive Clipper...Clipper...Clipper at > http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com. Hi Ron Thanx ! I am pretty surprised that there still active Clipperheads throughout the world as evidenced by the fact that Clipper... Clipper... Clipper now has visitors from over 46 countries in Europe, North America, Central Ame...

FastReport library to (x)Harbour with the compiler xHarbour xHb.exe (using xBuild.exe or xBuildW.exe).
Hello, I'm trying to use the library FastReport 4.15 (Demo) to (x) Harbour with th= e compiler xHarbour xHb.exe (using xBuild.exe or xBuildW.exe). I downloaded the library http://www.xailer.com/download?en&file=3D103 There are some specific library FastReport for the compiler xHarbour?=20 I saw that the xBuild.exe uses the C compiler xCC.exe (Version 3.0) and the= xLinker.exe linker (version 2.60.9), based on Pelles compiler. I added in compiling the xaFrxPelles.lib file, however, raises the followin= g error in the compilation: -------------------------------------...

Revival of Clipper...Clipper...Clipper
Hi I have just found some time to revive Clipper...Clipper...Clipper at http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com. CCH Hello Chee !!!!! What a surprise I can read you here just now! Hope everything are going well. -- Andi On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 00:50:50 -0800 (PST), ChongHwa.Chee@gmail.com wrote: >Hi > >I have just found some time to revive Clipper...Clipper...Clipper at >http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com. > >CCH On Jan 26, 5:48=A0pm, Andi Jahja <xharbour_thisisnotnee...@telkom.net.id> wrote: > Hello Chee !!!!! > > What a surprise I can read you here just now! > ...

clipper to xharbour
Hi all i use clipper but want to move more to a windows like prg can x harbour do this and is the code difrend Were do i start Thanx Andre Andre, By downloading the free demo at www.xHarbour.com you get a startup manual for xBuilder and a ready to run environment for your tests. Ella <meter@reacomp.co.za> wrote in message news:ba9bb057-e2ff-4fe4-9275-7ba4843cf4e4@j68g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi all > > i use clipper but want to move more to a windows like prg > > can x harbour do this and is the code difrend > > Were do i start > > > Thanx...

xbuild.exe with GTWVW.LIB (xbuild.exe from xharbour.com NOT .org)
does the xbuild.exe from xharbour.com (not the free) link with GTWVW.LIB i tried & it showed (xLINK: fatal error: Corrupt library: '.\gtwvw.lib') i have given the right path. the library is NOT corrupt. Hi xharbour.com gtwvw is called wvw.lib so use xbuild source.prg source2.prg -gui wvw.lib Regards Luiz Em quinta-feira, 8 de janeiro de 2015 11h45min10s UTC-2, timec...@gmail.com escreveu: > does the xbuild.exe from xharbour.com (not the free) link with GTWVW.LIB > > i tried & it showed (xLINK: fatal error: Corrupt library: '.\gtwvw.l...

Where to find Clipper Decompiler?
Dear All, please help me to find clipper decompiler. It was available at http://www.decomplier.net but now I cannot reach the site again. Thanks. Try sitewww.google.com and search "decompile clipper", today return more than 600 results andyying wrote: > Dear All, please help me to find clipper decompiler. It was available at > http://www.decomplier.net but now I cannot reach the site again. Thanks. ...

Clipper to xharbour migration
Hi , as a newbie I made a few tests to learn how to deal with XBUILDER. Well it was easier than I=B4ve thought to build a application with 4 PRG =B4s and connection to MYSQL tables. It works fine ... but it=B4s a test ! But now I=B4m dealing with the real stuff : I=B4ve to port existing Clipper system with a lot of PRG=B4s grouped in CLP files and also LIB files. So could anybody help me to clarify the following : - To build new application should I ADD all the PRG=B4s in CLP files to the STEP 3 PRG TAB ? Or there is an easier way ... - Should I do the same with LIB files ? - I=B4ve read the ...

Clipper => xHarbour
In Clipper I can have a file of functions, say bar.prg contains.. func baz() return 'Baazzzz' In the main program, foo.prg, I have.. set procedure to bar ?? baz() Compiling foo and invoking it.. C:>foo Baazzzz xBuild fails on this and in error.log says.. POLINK: error: Unresolved external symbol '_HB_FUN_BAZ'. What might I be doing wrong? -- Joe Wright "If you think Health Care is expensive now, wait until it's free." Dear Joe Wright: "Joe Wright" <joewwright@comcast.net> wrote in message news:wfGdneZlHvuPYfnXnZ2dnUVZ_s-dnZ2d@giganew...

problem in decompilation clipper
problem in decompilation - during my decompilation with unclip, j'ai have a message d'erreue "erreure d allocation of memory, impossible to charge command.com" - as a Valkyrie j'ai have a problem "Out of Memory" I need help, thank you blande wrote: > *problem in decompilation > - during my decompilation with unclip, j'ai have a message d'erreue > "erreure d allocation of memory, impossible to charge command.com" > - as a Valkyrie j'ai have a problem "Out of Memory" > I need help, thank you * Dear Blande Can U ...

Porting Clipper to XHarbour
Hi ! I=B4m trying to port some DBF to MySQL using DBF2SQL.PRG included in xBuilder demo. It=B4s working except for Index with function DESCEND(). I got message "Error Base/1001 Undefined function: DESCEND ..." I=B4ve added EXTEND.LIB (that contains DESCEND()) in xbuild step 4 but still not working. Somebody has any idea ? Thanks in advance Hu Hello Hu, > I�m trying to port some DBF to MySQL using DBF2SQL.PRG included in > xBuilder demo. > It�s working except for Index with function DESCEND(). > I got message "Error Base/1001 Undefined function: DESCEND ..." > I�ve added EXTEND.LIB (that contains DESCEND()) in xbuild step 4 but > still not working. > Somebody has any idea ? Did you try to add this to your code: EXTERNAL descend -- Patrick Hu I�m trying to port some DBF to MySQL using DBF2SQL.PRG included in xBuilder demo. >It�s working except for Index with function DESCEND>(). >I got message "Error Base/1001 Undefined function: >DESCEND ..." >I�ve added EXTEND.LIB (that contains DESCEND()) >in xbuild step 4 butstill >not working. dont link clipper libs with xharbour is incompatible on dbf2sql.prg just add the follow line request DESCEND also i suggest to use firebird or postgresql database Regards Luiz luiz@xharbour.com.br ps any thing you can call me on skype (culikr) or msn (culikr@hotmail.com) []s Luiz Luiz wrote: > Hu > I�m trying to port some DBF to MySQL using DBF2SQL.PRG ...

clipper/xharbour to internet
Hi All, Do you know how to connect to the internet and get http content using (x)harbour or clipper? TIA, -11p- Curl does the job just fine..... iip wrote: > Hi All, > > Do you know how to connect to the internet and get http content using > (x)harbour or clipper? > > TIA, > > -11p- Hi Charles, Can I get compiled library of your CUrl? for which compiler is that? xharbour or clipper? thank you verymuch, -11p- Charles Foot <chaz@equinet.co.nz> wrote in news:40D8B698.6090807 @equinet.co.nz: > Curl does the job just fine..... > > iip wro...

A difference between clipper and xHarbour
Hi, This example highlights a huge different behavior between Clipper 5.3b and xHarbour. FUNCTION MAIN() PRIVATE aOne := {} CLEAR AADD( aOne, "1 - ONE " ) ; @ 1 , 10 GET aOne[ LEN ( aOne ) ] AADD( aOne, "2 - TWO " ) ; @ 2 , 10 GET aOne[ LEN ( aOne ) ] AADD( aOne, "3 - THREE " ) ; @ 3 , 10 GET aOne[ LEN ( aOne ) ] AADD( aOne, "4 - FOUR " ) ; @ 4 , 10 GET aOne[ LEN ( aOne ) ] READ RETURN NIL On 16 Wrz, 11:44, Marco Boschi <i...@marcoboschi.it> wrote: > Hi, > =A0 =A0 This example highlights a huge different behavior betw...

clipper --> xharbour
I just tried to compile and link our program EZCLEAR.EXE. It is currently a clipper program. Too my understanding I should be able to compile and link this clipper program with xharbour and get a run able program. Well, It compiles but when I run it I get the error "Missing __ErrorBlock() called from hb_vmQuit()" Can anyone point me to the xharbour news servers. I would like to get this program up and ASAP Scott Burke new xharbour newsgroup is comp.lang.xharbour bye Franz "Scott Burke" <Sburke@magsonline.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:U1FFh.591$8i6.52...

Clipper to xHarbour Minigui (HGM)
Hello I like to move a small clipper application to a graphic interface (GUI). I think with clipper it will not be possible and I don't wont invest much money for that. I saw a solution with xHarbour and the Minigui Lib (HGM). I like to now if somebody used it and what he thinks about this library. Thanks in advance for any help. crossposting to xharbour On Oct 3, 9:29=A0am, otto <oha...@freesurf.ch> wrote: > Hello > > I like to move a small clipper application > to a graphic interface (GUI). I think with > clipper it will not be possible and I don't > wont...

Run Clipper+xHarbour Concurrently
We've a 25 node Novell netware. We are recompiling Clipper programs in xHarbour, and plan to run it on Windows XP. The same applications, compiled in Clipper, would run on other machines in the network. So, is running Clipper and xHarbour applications on the same databases in a network safe? No index corruption etc. ? We'r using DBFNTX. Thanks. > So, is running Clipper and xHarbour applications on the same databases > in a network safe? No index corruption etc. ? We'r using DBFNTX. xHarbour help says it can be done. You just have to use the command SET DBFLOCKSCHEME at th...

Clipper to Windows. xBase++ or xHarbour ?
I have a client with 30+ nodes on a Novell netware server. We have decided to move on from Clipper to either xHarbour or xBase. We had some good references about the stability of xBase. On evaluating xHarbour, we find it is also robust and has a large developer network. We are in a dilemma of choosing either of the two products since they seems to be on par with each other. I would be very obliged if anyone could give some comparisons or experiences about these products. We are very particular about the stability of the output EXE as downtime would be expensive since my client is operating i...

Decompile a VB4 exe file?
It turns out my backup system was not backing up the folders in my MS VB program data folder. With a HD crash, I've lost everything. I have the ..exe versions of two programs I wrote. Is it at all possible to decompile them back to VB language? Probably not, but worth a shot to ask. Regards, dale Nope. Sorry. -- Randy Birch MVP Visual Basic http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/ Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit. "Dale Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org> wrote in message news:3fad662b$0$96751$a726171b@news.hal-pc.org... : : It turns out my backup system was...

xHarbour ALERT() and Clipper Compatibility
Hi Ron. I hope you are reading this. The xharbour newsgroup seems to be still incommunicardo during their migration so I'm posting this here. In Clipper 5.2e, the SETKEY settings are still active during a ALERT() popup. However in xHarbour, the SETKEY hotkeys are disabled inside the ALERT(). The following patch allows the SETKEYS to function inside an ALERT(). diff -U 8 alert0.prg alert.prg //---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- alert0.prg Thu Sep 16 10:11:40 2004 +++ alert.prg Thu Oct 28 20:32:40 2004 @@ -64,16 +64,18 @@ LOCAL nO...

MD5 Checksums for Clipper EXEs
I'm involved in a project to extend the life of some legacy Clipper applications. As a first step, I'm cleaning up the development environment -- cleaning up directories, importing code into subversion, and migrating the build process from a series of DOS batch files to an NMAKE makefile. I was asked if there was any way I could verify that I had not introduced any errors into the process. My first thought was that if I am using the same source code, the same compiler (with the same switched), and the same linker (with the same linking files and switches), the EXEs should be i...

Converting ADS from Clipper to xHarbour
Hi folks, I wonder if anyone can throw some light on this problem. In the 16 bit version of our application created with Clipper and Blinker, we had the option to compile and link a version of the program that used Advantage Database Server. The program had stuff like BEGIN TRANSACTION that was translated to AX_TRANSACTION( 1 ) and so on. We ported the application to Harbour, (and are now moving to xHArbour),but left out the ADS stuff. I am now looking to create an ADS version with Harbour, and have downloaded ADS 9.0 with ACE32.DLL etc, and got hold of the RDD_ADS library. On checking the ...

Clipper.exe to .obj converter
Is there such a critter? I am trying to recompile an old app the the previous programmer seems to have lost the LIB files. Since the app is dual mode, standard decompilers like Valkyrie won't work. The older version is linked under Blinker 5.1 Dual mode. I am looking to just get the original .OBJs back and recompile. As a side note, maybe somebody here recogonizes the original LIB files, NC_API.LIB, appears to have some thing to do with user limits/management on a network system. Most calls start with NCI_xxxx -- Posted via http://dbforums.com e-mail the executable, i;ll hav...

A difference between clipper and xHarbour #2
Hi, due to the run-time error in a routine I found a difference between xHarbour and clipper FUNCTION MAIN() LOCAL cString := "4327824378924398243789243" LOCAL nValue := VAL(cString) ? nValue // display ******************** ? CHR( nValue ) // at this point a windows error dialog apperas and application continue do run // until I don't kill it using task manager RETURN NIL the same function in clip53b works fine Marco, On Oct 27, 2:53=A0pm, Marco Boschi <i...@marcoboschi.it> wrote: > Hi, >...

FYI
Hello Fellow Clipperheads, I thought I would let people know about my experiences with converting some 20 years of Clipper code to xHarbour. Now I may not have the most sophisticated code in the programming world but none the less it is a LOT of lines of code. The conversion score to date is 100% compatible. Also of importance is that xHarbour is 100% stable, for my applications anyway. My applications are straight out of the Clipper 5.3b and Clipper Tools. But most important is the support from the xHarbour folks. In my 30+ years of programming the BEST support I have received is from ...

How to start in xharbour with my clipper source code.
How do I start in xharbour currently I'm still using Clipper 5.3b programmi= ng language. Our company still using this programming language about 18 yea= rs already for Accounting system, Inventory monitoring, POS system and Car = servicing information. Can anybody help me convert to xharbour and I have t= he source code and I use exospace-linker.=20 =20 plain clipper code or any third. party library u r using, for plain clipper code just compile If you just want to run your DOS Clipper application on a newer version of Microsoft Windows, take a look at; http://sourceforge.ne...

Web resources about - Decompiler for Clipper EXE - comp.lang.xharbour

Decompiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A decompiler is a computer program that performs the reverse operation to that of a compiler . That is, it translates program code at a relatively ...

Android Studio 1.2 Reaches Beta, Adds Built-In Decompiler, Inline Debugger Variables, Smarter Formatting ...
When Android Studio v1.1 entered the Stable channel, about 6 weeks ago, the Dev Tools team gave word that v1.2 was already well underway and ...

Inside 'Easy Disk Drive Repair' malware with VB Decompiler
... Drive Repair" is a Visual Basic 6 program (see PeStudio "Imported Libraries"), and that’s not just some irrelevant technical detail. VB Decompiler ...

Free .NET Decompiler dotPeek 1.1 From JetBrains
Highlights include Export Assembly to Project and BAML decompilation

JetBrains Ships Free .NET Decompiler
IDE maker JetBrains has announced the release of dotPeek, its new .NET decompiler that is available free of charge. - JetBrains, the maker of ...

C/C++ decompiler translates programs, no source code needed
An LLVM for decompilation, Snowman's source code will be released soon With a new decompiler for C/ C++ , developers can gain insight into the ...

Mobile Firm Takes on Android Decompiler With New Tool
Mobile app development and IT services company RIIS has released a new security tool designed to prevent Android decompilation by hackers on ...

Gordon Flash Decompiler
Whether you're a seasoned Flash dev or a merely getting your feet wet as a budding Flashlet, Gordon Flash Decompiler might be worth a demo download. ...

AndroChef Java Decompiler
AndroChef Java Decompiler is Windows decompiler for class, jar, apk and dex files. It reconstructs the original source code from the...

影音国度 - wylx737 - 网易博客
Sothink SWF Decompiler 7.2.Build 4842 免注册破解版,Sothink Logo Maker 3.4 简体中文破解版,Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended 官方简体中文版(更新3D选项)(官方原版附完美注册器),Sothink ...