How to position CAPTION text in @... get listbox ...

How does one control the position of the text for the CAPTION in a
@... GET ... LISTBOX command?

Thanks,

Ted

comp.lang.xharbour 5470 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"Ted" <ted.kobayashi@gmail.com> wrote in message
> How does one control the position of the text for the CAPTION in a
> @... GET ... LISTBOX command?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ted

Hi Ted,

You only need to send the CapRow and CapCol where you want the caption to be
located. However, there appears to be an error in xHarbour. Try the
following program and you will see that it has some strange behaviors in
xHarbour. Use the mouse and select various days for the two picklist and you
will notice that it starts to show the variable number to the right of the
picklist. In addition, the Send CapCol doesn't do anything. The program
works correctly in Clipper although you have to use v5.3 because listbox
isn't defined in v5.2.

I'm using Windows XP and BCC55.

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#include "Inkey.ch"
Procedure Main
LOCAL nDay:=1, nPot:=1, ;
   aDays:= {"Sun", "Mon", "Tue", "Wed", "Thu", "Fri", "Sat"}

SET EVENTMASK TO INKEY_ALL
CLS
AltD()

@ 3,5 say "Press [Alt] and Highlighted letter moves to that Get"
@ 5, 15, 14, 19;
   GET nDay       ;
   LISTBOX aDays  ;
   DROPDOWN       ;
   GUISEND Message:= "Pick a Day";
   GUISEND CapCol:=  3;
   GUISEND Caption:= "Day"

@ 6, 15, 15, 19;
   GET nPot       ;
   LISTBOX aDays  ;
   CAPTION "p&ot" ;
   DROPDOWN       ;
   Message "Pick another day"

// nRow, nLeft, nRight
Read Msg At 16, 5, 25
@ 16,5 say ""
? "Day: ", aDays[nDay], nDay
? "Pot: ", aDays[nPot], nPot

RETURN

0
marydick2007 (131)
9/13/2007 10:36:15 PM
> You only need to send the CapRow and CapCol where you want the caption to
> be located. However, there appears to be an error in xHarbour. Try the
> following program and you will see that it has some strange behaviors in
> xHarbour. Use the mouse and select various days for the two picklist and
> you will notice that it starts to show the variable number to the right of
> the picklist. In addition, the Send CapCol doesn't do anything. The
> program works correctly in Clipper although you have to use v5.3 because
> listbox isn't defined in v5.2.

This problem is now fixed in latest CVS. Thanks Eduardo, it looks even
better now with the 'Down Point Triangle'.

0
marydick2007 (131)

hWgui + xHarbour GET LISTBOX

Getting caption/text from foreign application
Hi, I searched this and some other forums but still have an open issue: How can I get the text or caption of a foreign application's message/dialog/form etc? I would like to have the following functionality: 1. I run the vb code. 2. Click on an object. 3. Its caption/text is copied to the clipboard (so I can paste in in other place, e.g. text editor), or thrown into a textbox. The object I click on can be one of the following (all in the foriegn app that was written with Visual C++): 1. A messagebox. 2. A caption of a button. 3. A text of an item of a list/combo. 4. Other captions/texts ...

passing the value get from an edit text to a listbox callback function
How can I pass the value got from an edit text item: user_entry_epochs = str2double(get(hObject,'string')); to a listbox_callback function? Please answer...It is extremely important... "Nick Nichols" <christoss@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ef4ad8c.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP... > How can I pass the value got from an edit text item: > user_entry_epochs = str2double(get(hObject,'string')); > > to a listbox_callback function? > Please answer...It is extremely important... Why not have the listbox's callback function extract the String from the edit text box directly? -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com ...

How can I set the caption text of picture controls inside an array or how can I choose which array element is assigned using the array elements caption text property.
I have 8 picture controls inside an array and I would like to set the caption text of these controls. I have used the property node of the array and used the array elements property caption text to set the text. &nbsp; The problem is however that&nbsp;I set the same text to all the picture controls inside the array. My question is how to set caption text of specific elements (Picture control) that I have so far only been able to access using the array elements caption text property. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Some more help &nbsp; 1 You could use the caption of the array and...

How to get text in text box to wrap?
The variable {job-name} in this code snippet does NOT wrap, resulting in the text running off the page. How would I get job-name to word wrap? pageWidth 36 mul % x = pageWidth * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 36 mul % y = pageHeight * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 2 mul add % y += 1 line 2 copy % Copy X & Y moveto (Title: ) RIGHT moveto ({job-name}) show This postscript file is from the CUPS printing application on a Linux system. Here is the complete file: FILE: /usr/share/cups/banners/standard %!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%BoundingBox: 0 0 612 792 %%Pages: 1 %%LanguageLevel: 1 %%DocumentData: Clean7Bit %%DocumentSuppliedResources: procset bannerprint/1.0 %%DocumentNeededResources: font Helvetica Helvetica-Bold Times-Roman %%Creator: Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products %%CreationDate: May 10, 2000 %%Title: Test Page %%EndComments %%BeginProlog %%BeginResource procset bannerprint 1.1 0 % % PostScript banner page for the Common UNIX Printing System ("CUPS"). % % Copyright 1993-2005 Easy Software Products % % These coded instructions, statements, and computer programs are the % property of Easy Software Products and are protected by Federal % copyright law. Distribution and use rights are outlined in the file % "LICENSE.txt" which should have been included with this file. If this % file is missing or damaged please contact Easy Software Products % at: % % Attn: CUPS Licensing Information % Easy Software Products % 44141 Airport View Drive...

Clipper GET different than xHarbour GET
A client has pointed out a difference in the way Clipper handles a get with "@S" picture clause vs. xHarbour. Consider the following code snippet: func main local cData := "12345678901234567890" local cNext := " " clea @ 1,0 get cData pict "@S10" @ 2,0 get cNext read return During execution, if you move the cursor to the right in the first field beyond the first 10 characters so that it scrolls right and then press enter to position to the 2nd get field, the first field retains its display position in xHarbour, whereas in the Clipper version the field is repositioned back to the first character. I hope this is clear. This was tested with version 0.99.71 CVS Thanks, Gene Should be fixed after ChangeLog,v 1.5919 2008/02/12 regards, Eduardo On 11 fev, 21:21, "Gene Stempel" <genestem...@mindspring.com> wrote: > A client has pointed out a difference in the way Clipper handles a get with > "@S" picture clause vs. xHarbour. > Consider the following code snippet: > > func main > local cData := "12345678901234567890" > local cNext := " " > clea > @ 1,0 get cData pict "@S10" > @ 2,0 get cNext > read > return > > During execution, if you move the cursor to the right in the first field > beyond the first 10 characters so that it scrolls right and then press enter > to position to ...

getting java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/icu/text/BreakIterator in standalone eclipse
hi.. trying to create a standalone eclipse application but getting this: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/icu/text/BreakIterator what jar am i missing? Elhanan <emaayan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1171178397.965993.218090@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > hi.. > > trying to create a standalone eclipse application but getting this: > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/icu/text/BreakIterator > > what jar am i missing? "International Components for Unicode" (ICU) http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.sdk-feature/plugins/com.ibm.icu/ See also: http://icu.sourceforge.net/ and http://www-306.ibm.com/software/globalization/icu/index.jsp Regards, Christian ...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

How to get a ordered text combining Text and values
How can I to get a correct label in this case: In[]: k=18; Text["My curve for" k "units"] Out[]: My curve for 18 units Thanks k = 18; Text["My curve for " <> ToString[k] <> " units"] My curve for 18 units Bob Hanlon ---- Miguel <misvrne@gmail.com> wrote: > How can I to get a correct label in this case: > In[]: k=18; > Text["My curve for" k "units"] > > Out[]: My curve for 18 units > > Thanks > Some examples with increasing levels of format control. myLabel[value_] := Row[{"My curve for ", value, " units"}] myLabel[18] myLabel[value_] := Style[Row[{"My curve for ", value, " units"}], 16, "Panel", Background -> None] myLabel[18] myLabel[value_] := Style[Row[{"My curve for ", NumberForm[value, {4, 3}], " units"}], 16, "Panel", Background -> None] myLabel[N[Pi]] -- David Park djmpark@comcast.net http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/ "Miguel" <misvrne@gmail.com> wrote in message news:g3dcd0$rdv$1@smc.vnet.net... > How can I to get a correct label in this case: > In[]: k=18; > Text["My curve for" k "units"] > > Out[]: My curve for 18 units > > Thanks > On 6/19/08 at 6:28 AM, misvrne@gmail.com (Miguel) wrote: >How can I to get a correct label...

How to get selected text from a text edit control?
I created a text edit control using CreateEditTextControl. I can get the current text by calling char buf[256]; Size textSize = 0; GetControlData(controlRef, kControlEditTextPart, kControlEditTextTextTag, 255, buf, &textSize); but how do I get only the text that is currently selected (highlighted)? thanks, Shai In article <1111086224.345185.78280@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, shai@waves.com wrote: > I created a text edit control using CreateEditTextControl. > I can get the current text by calling > > char buf[256]; > Size textSize = 0; ...

Clipper GET different than xHarbour GET when UPDATED() = .F.
I'm porting pretty big application from Clipper 5.3b to xHarbour 1.0.0. I have found one difference between Clipper and xHarbour. Look at the sample code: PROCEDURE test() CLS a := 1 / 3 @ 10,10 GET a PICTURE "@E 999,999.9" KEYBOARD CHR(13) // simulate user pressing Enter READ b := a * 3 @ 12,10 SAY b PICTURE "@E 999,999.99999" // in Clipper 5.3b you will see: 1,00000 // in xHarbour 1.000 you will see: 0,90000 RETURN In Clipper, when GET variable is not updated it retains it's precision, but in xHarbour it is rounded according to the PICTURE clause. It is very important difference for me. Now i must fix my code using UPDATE() or oGet:Changed statements in many places. Is it any solution to fix it globally for xHarbour 1.0.0 ? (I must stay for that moment with this stable version of xHarbour because I use OTC libraries - Terminal and Mediator for Oracle) Regards Grzegorz Grzegorz, Grzegorz Wojnarowski escreveu: > I'm porting pretty big application from Clipper 5.3b to xHarbour 1.0.0. > I have found one difference between Clipper and xHarbour. > Look at the sample code: > > PROCEDURE test() > CLS > a := 1 / 3 > @ 10,10 GET a PICTURE "@E 999,999.9" > KEYBOARD CHR(13) // simulate user pressing Enter > READ > b := a * 3 > @ 12,10 SAY b PICTURE "@E 999,999.99999" > // in Clipper 5.3b you will see: 1,00000 > // in xHarbour 1.000 you will see: 0,90000 > RETURN > >...

BBrowser Column Position
Hi All, I am trying to get the visual position of a column without success! If I get the array of colums after the 5th visible column have been moved to second position in the browser, the column's position seem to stay as it was added to the browser, that is in a list ENTITY_NAME still takes up the 5th array element oB:GetColumn(2) -> "SUBURB" while in the browser the ENTITY_NAME is in second position How can I get the visible position?? TIA, Tom Tom, Try this code: LOCAL iColNo AS DWORD LOCAL oColumn AS bDataColumn iColNo := oBro...

Getting kind of abstract text snippets from text nodes
Hi everybody, I am about implementing a little search engine that searches a phrase over xml text nodes. I got that all working fine but what I want as the results is not the complete text of the textnode, I would like to make an abstract like result list (such output that you get with google searches. For eg .... I am the <b>substring</b> from a complete text node ... where "substring" is the search term. The problem is simple (I think): I want to extract all the text parts of the complete text node, where search searchterm is highlighted, surrounded by the text like 30 characters. I found an intersting post "cut down text" which is almost that what I am looking for, but there the text is just trimmed by x characters. Is anybody here, that has an "elegant" way to solve that or some hints that get me to the solution? I am not able to use regex (would be nice though) My parser is Sablotron so I am restricted to the functions that I get. (1.0). Any help is greatly appreciated. regards, Andreas W Wylach Think about dividing the text into three parts: before your target, the target itself, and after the target. Process each appropriately. If you want to report multiple instances within the same block of text, look at the standard examples of recursive text processing. -- () ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Joe Kesselman /\ Stamp out HTML e-mail! | System architexture and kinetic poetry "Andreas W. Wylach" <aw@ioc...

PHP - using mail() and unicode text
I have the following problem. On a website there's a (simple) feedback form. This is used also by Polish visitors who (of course) type Polish text using special characters. However, when I receive the text in my mailbox, all special characters have been turned into mess...... For example: "wsp�lprace" is turned into "współprace". It seems PHP is handling the Unicode-8 strings quite well (when I 'echo' the strings on the site, I see the text correctly), until the point that it is send by using mail(). Is this a server configuration issue? Or something el...

Position of Text
Hi All, Consider two different approaches of adding a text string on a figure 1. "Insert"->"TextBox". 2. gtext or text(x, y, string) It is found that in approach 1, the text added always stay in the same position no matter how I zoom the figure, but not the case for approach 2. Can anyone explain? What I want is adding a text on a figure by approach 2 but need it always stay in the same position. Thanks, cfy30 cfy30 wrote: > Hi All, > > Consider two different approaches of adding a text string on a > figure > 1. "Insert"->"T...

Placing text in PICT, problem getting text all the way to the bottom
49G+ I am creating a PICT to view in my program. One of the things I am doing it placing labels on the drawing. I use a short line of code below to place a simple string in small text in the drawing: { # 40h # 49h } "Label" 1. \->GROB PICT ROT ROT GOR I want the text to be at the very bottom, every pixel counts kinda thing, and when I use { # 40h # 50h } I get an error and the text is two pixels up from the bottom. Any advice to get it all the way down to the bottom or this not possible on the 49G+. >I am creating a PICT to view in my program. One of the things I am &g...

caption positioning
Hi all, I hope somebody can help me with this one: I have a two-column article. In the text, a figure fills up the whole right column (height=\textheight) Of course, the caption is under the image, thus too low... Now I want to position the caption at the base of the column left of the figure. So I put this somewhere in the text of the left column: \begin{figure}[b] \caption{...} \label{number of the image} \end{figure} However, it shows up at the base of the next page... Thanks a lot for any suggestions! Davy ...

text + text

Listbox Positioning
I want a listbox to position to a letter provided by the user. Normally, when the user keys a letter, the listbox positions automatically to the first entry starting with that letter in the first column. I want to allow the user to select the column to be searched. For eaxample, assume a list box that looks like this: ____________________________ | Title | Author | |----------|----------------| | Oklahoma | Hammerstein, O | | Hamlet | Shakespeare, W | . . Now, assume the listbox is sorted on the second column (Author), but the column sequence stays as is. If the user keys a "S", I want the list to position on the second entry. Mike, No can do, using the default listbox behavior. Focus will always move to the matching value in the 1st column. You might be able to code something in the KeyPress event to move to the entry in the 2nd column (I've never tried it). Or you could create a combo box that lets the user choose from a predefined list of sorting options, and update the listbox rowsource with a new rowsource, ie: control: comboBox columns: 1 RowsourceType: ValueList RowSource: Title then Author; Author then Title; Year then Title then Author In the AfterUpdate event of the combobox, add code like this: if me.comboBox = "Title then Author" then me.listBox.Rowsource = "SELECT Title, Author FROM Tables ORDER BY Title, Author;" elseif me.comboBox = "Author then Title" then me.listBox....

Captions and text.
Sometimes my documents render in such a way that it's not always clear where the caption ends and the text resumes. Is there some standard way of making sure they're distinct? Like margins, font, size, spacing? -- "Let us learn to dream, gentlemen, then perhaps we shall find the truth... But let us beware of publishing our dreams before they have been put to the proof by the waking understanding." -- Friedrich August Kekul� On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 22:02:18 +0000 (UTC), glhansen@steel.ucs.indiana.edu (Gregory L. Hansen) wrote: > >Sometimes my documents render in such a way that it's not always clear >where the caption ends and the text resumes. Is there some standard way >of making sure they're distinct? Like margins, font, size, spacing? You could try the caption package. The documentation gives several examples on different looking captions. Chris In article <noo1r0te9s7090s3pikeoq1644g04h52c0@4ax.com>, Christian Auner <mca@nurfuerspam.de> wrote: >On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 22:02:18 +0000 (UTC), >glhansen@steel.ucs.indiana.edu (Gregory L. Hansen) wrote: > >> >>Sometimes my documents render in such a way that it's not always clear >>where the caption ends and the text resumes. Is there some standard way >>of making sure they're distinct? Like margins, font, size, spacing? > >You could try the caption package. The documentation gives several >examples on different lookin...

On SetFocus, the text in the textbox get selected. I want the prompt to be AFTER the text
Trough code I put focus on a textbox. My problem is that the existing letters in that text box get selected (black background) so when users type in new letters, the existing text is replaced. -Is there any way to awoid this? Like some code that do the some thing as a user that mouse clicks AFTER the text. My goal is that the users just should type on and Access should ADD what they type after whatever text is already in the textbox. Thank you for any info! Robert Robert_5032@yahoo.com wrote: > Trough code I put focus on a textbox. > My problem is that the existing letters in that text box get selected > (black background) so when users type in new letters, the existing text > is replaced. > -Is there any way to awoid this? > Like some code that do the some thing as a user that mouse clicks AFTER > the text. > > My goal is that the users just should type on and Access should ADD > what they type after whatever text is already in the textbox. > > Thank you for any info! > > Robert > Look in help at SelLength, SelStart, SelText Properties for a text box. Ron you can change the behavior in the entire database by opening the database window and from the menu bar selecting Tools | Options | Keyboard tab and in the Behavior Entering Field section, choose Go to end of field. to change the behavior of a specific textbox control, add the following code to the control's OnEnter event procedure, as Me!ControlName.SelSta...

text-text

how can i get the pixel from the picture and get word from it in to text box?
please say me how can i get the pixel from any area of screen and make it convert in to tezt or character and make text in the text box?? please say thanks in advance It sounds like you are looking for 'Optical Character Recognition' capability. I have seen high-end document databases that allow you to perform a "Zone OCR" task on some area of an imaged document and drop the extracted text directly into a database field of your choice. This is a data-entry time saving tool. Googling for no cost OCR programs should get some freeware to play with that you may be a...

How do I get Voice-to-Text back in my Android 4.3 for SMS texting?
All of a sudden, I lost the little microphone icon in my default SMS text application on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 on Android 4.3. http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7373/12344496284_046d7946d1_o.png This is an important omission, since I do offline speech-to-text SMS text messages (I almost never use my fat fingers to text). To get back that offline microphone app, I suspect I need to *install* something, because it *was* there from the beginning - but now it's (suddenly) gone! But what free app do I download to get *back* that little microphone? On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 15:43:25 +0000, Danny D'Amico wrote: > But what free app do I download to get *back* that little microphone? Googling, I first thought that little microphone which is now missing in the keyboard might have originally come from "Google Voice Search": https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.voicesearch But, "Google Voice Search" is already installed, and has been installed since before I upgraded from Android 4.2.1 to Android 4.3. http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7323/12347746965_fb97022d25_o.jpg Q: What is the app that adds a microphone to the standard keyboard? On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 09:12:07 -0800, jurb6006 wrote: > I don't know if this applies to you but a friend of mine said he had that > for a time and later found out it was only a free trial and then they > wantted money. He no longer has it. We...

Web resources about - How to position CAPTION text in @... get listbox ... - comp.lang.xharbour

Gaelic football, hurling and camogie positions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following are the positions in the Gaelic sports of Gaelic football , hurling and camogie . Like rugby and baseball , and unlike soccer , ...

The Hon. Tony Abbott, Prime Minister at Large, explains his latest position
The Honourable Tony Abbott has issued an urgent press release to inform Australians everywhere that he has accepted a new title, bestowed by ...

Aussie brain drain hits scientific leaders, research positions
A BRAIN drain has stripped Australia of one in four of its scientific leaders and 671 research positions as our best and brightest head overseas. ...

Parramatta Eels salary cap scandal: NRL feel Steve Sharp's position untenable
There is a growing belief at the Eels and at the NRL that Parramatta chairman Steve Sharp must fall on his sword over the latest salary cap drama ...

Essendon great Matthew Lloyd says West Coast thumping reflects Bombers' position
Essendon great Matthew Lloyd says the Bombers' 105-point loss to West Coast on Sunday was a &quot;true gauge&quot; of where the Dons stand entering ...

Sketchy report again positions Samsung as lead supplier for OLED iPhone screens rumored for 2017/18
... to OLED screens in 2017 , 2018 or 2019 , a sketchy report from ET News cites production volumes as evidence that Samsung is being positioned ...

Daesh militants fleeing positions in Afghanistan following military operation
Daesh militants fleeing positions in Afghanistan following military operation

Harvard Law Professor explains why FBI’s position rests on ‘shaky legal ground’
... issue from a purely legal perspective. Writing for Medium , Crawford doesn't mince words as she explains why the entirety of the FBI's position ...

MLB Spring Training 2016: Mid-Spring Breakdown of 10 Key Position Battles
... than a glorified practice session, but it does serve one practical purpose. Without it, teams would have a tough time resolving their position ...

IBM and Cisco Retain Leading Positions in Navigant Research ...
IBM and Cisco Retain Leading Positions in Navigant Research ... Business Wire (press release) A new Leaderboard report from Navigant Research ...