Index Corrupt after ten years with new PC ?!

Dear all,

We changed to new 4 new pc with G4400 CPU, and have apply oplock.exe to all
new pc,

but this pc cause index corrupt like clipper5 using the new pc.

is anyone having the same problem ?
we need to fix index problem frequenly since installed new pc ..

Regards

0
fatfat
11/21/2016 4:31:29 AM
comp.lang.xharbour 5470 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Il 21/11/2016 05:31, fatfat ha scritto:

> Dear all,
>
> We changed to new 4 new pc with G4400 CPU, and have apply oplock.exe to
> all new pc,
>
> but this pc cause index corrupt like clipper5 using the new pc.
>

> is anyone having the same problem ?
> we need to fix index problem frequenly since installed new pc ..

Did you try

OS_NETREGOK( .T. )

?

EMG

--
http://www.emagsoftware.it
http://www.emagsoftware.it/emgmusic

"Enrico Maria Giordano"  �b�l��i�K���e�D�� o0udmr$cqn$1@dont-email.me �����g...

Il 21/11/2016 05:31, fatfat ha scritto:

> Dear all,
>
> We changed to new 4 new pc with G4400 CPU, and have apply oplock.exe to
> all new pc,
>
> but this pc cause index corrupt like clipper5 using the new pc.
>

> is anyone having the same problem ?
> we need to fix index problem frequenly since installed new pc ..

Did you try

OS_NETREGOK( .T. )

?

EMG

--
http://www.emagsoftware.it
http://www.emagsoftware.it/emgmusic
http://www.emagsoftware.it/spectrum
http://www.emagsoftware.it/tbosg

0
fatfat
11/22/2016 2:24:11 AM
add and check it's already pass the test ...

"Enrico Maria Giordano"  �b�l��i�K���e�D�� o0udmr$cqn$1@dont-email.me �����g...

Il 21/11/2016 05:31, fatfat ha scritto:

> Dear all,
>
> We changed to new 4 new pc with G4400 CPU, and have apply oplock.exe to
> all new pc,
>
> but this pc cause index corrupt like clipper5 using the new pc.
>

> is anyone having the same problem ?
> we need to fix index problem frequenly since installed new pc ..

Did you try

OS_NETREGOK( .T. )

?

EMG

--
http://www.emagsoftware.it
http://www.emagsoftware.it/emgmusic
http://www.emagsoftware.it/spectrum
http://www.emagsoftware.it/tbosg

0
fatfat
11/22/2016 2:28:50 AM
On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 1:28:50 PM UTC+11, fatfat wrote:
> add and check it's already pass the test ...
>=20
>=20
> "Enrico Maria Giordano"  =E5=9C=A8=E9=83=B5=E4=BB=B6=E5=BC=B5=E8=B2=BC=E5=
=85=A7=E5=AE=B9=E4=B8=BB=E6=97=A8 o0udmr$cqn$1@dont-email.me =E4=B8=AD=E6=
=92=B0=E5=AF=AB...
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Il 21/11/2016 05:31, fatfat ha scritto:
>=20
> > Dear all,
> >
> > We changed to new 4 new pc with G4400 CPU, and have apply oplock.exe to
> > all new pc,
> >
> > but this pc cause index corrupt like clipper5 using the new pc.
> >

> > is anyone having the same problem ?
> > we need to fix index problem frequenly since installed new pc ..
>=20
> Did you try
>=20
> OS_NETREGOK( .T. )
>=20
> ?
>=20
> EMG
>=20
> --
> http://www.emagsoftware.it
> http://www.emagsoftware.it/emgmusic
> http://www.emagsoftware.it/spectrum
> http://www.emagsoftware.it/tbosg

Are you using Clipper and XHarbour at the same time ??
0
poopall
11/22/2016 6:58:27 AM
> We changed to new 4 new pc with G4400 CPU, and have apply oplock.exe to all
> new pc,

It would be of better help to know exactly:
- the operating system installed on those PC-s (name and 32 or 64 bits)
- the antivirus solution (your program and data files must be excluded from scanning)
- what solution is used for configuring the PC-s to work as a network (at least the protocol)

Best regards,

Ella

0
Ella
11/22/2016 8:10:47 AM
no, all changed to xharbour over 10 years, this happen only when changed to
new PC with faster G4400 CPU, but it's only entry level of lastest series...

"poopall"  在郵件張貼內容主旨
0bd0ae0a-9f3a-4ef7-867c-bdaefc6d9068@googlegroups.com 中撰寫...

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 1:28:50 PM UTC+11, fatfat wrote:
> add and check it's already pass the test ...
>

> "Enrico Maria Giordano"  在郵件張貼內容主旨 o0udmr$cqn$1@dont-email.me 中撰寫...
>

> Il 21/11/2016 05:31, fatfat ha scritto:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > We changed to new 4 new pc with G4400 CPU, and have apply oplock.exe to
> > all new pc,
> >
> > but this pc cause index corrupt like clipper5 using the new pc.
> >

> > is anyone having the same problem ?
> > we need to fix index problem frequenly since installed new pc ..
>
> Did you try
>
> OS_NETREGOK( .T. )
>
> ?
>
> EMG
>
> --
> http://www.emagsoftware.it
> http://www.emagsoftware.it/emgmusic
> http://www.emagsoftware.it/spectrum
> http://www.emagsoftware.it/tbosg

Are you using Clipper and XHarbour at the same time ??

0
fatfat
11/22/2016 9:49:08 AM

"poopall"  在郵件張貼內容主旨
0bd0ae0a-9f3a-4ef7-867c-bdaefc6d9068@googlegroups.com 中撰寫...

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 1:28:50 PM UTC+11, fatfat wrote:
> add and check it's already pass the test ...
>

> "Enrico Maria Giordano"  在郵件張貼內容主旨 o0udmr$cqn$1@dont-email.me 中撰寫...
>

> Il 21/11/2016 05:31, fatfat ha scritto:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > We changed to new 4 new pc with G4400 CPU, and have apply oplock.exe to
> > all new pc,
> >
> > but this pc cause index corrupt like clipper5 using the new pc.
> >

> > is anyone having the same problem ?
> > we need to fix index problem frequenly since installed new pc ..
>
> Did you try
>
> OS_NETREGOK( .T. )
>
> ?
>
> EMG
>
> --
> http://www.emagsoftware.it
> http://www.emagsoftware.it/emgmusic
> http://www.emagsoftware.it/spectrum
> http://www.emagsoftware.it/tbosg

Are you using Clipper and XHarbour at the same time ??

0
fatfat
11/22/2016 9:49:08 AM
- all new pc is pre-install with x64 windows 7 with 8GB RAM that come with
Lenovo commerical PC
- No anti-virus install since it's a close lan without internet
- tcpip-v4 is configure and the environement is not changed, only replace 4
pc from the local lan

"Ella Stern"  在郵件張貼內容主旨
63d7826c-cf18-48dd-894b-c89c7a73b97e@googlegroups.com 中撰寫...

> We changed to new 4 new pc with G4400 CPU, and have apply oplock.exe to
> all
> new pc,

It would be of better help to know exactly:
- the operating system installed on those PC-s (name and 32 or 64 bits)
- the antivirus solution (your program and data files must be excluded from
scanning)
- what solution is used for configuring the PC-s to work as a network (at
least the protocol)

Best regards,

Ella

0
fatfat
11/22/2016 9:51:47 AM

"Ella Stern"  在郵件張貼內容主旨
63d7826c-cf18-48dd-894b-c89c7a73b97e@googlegroups.com 中撰寫...

> We changed to new 4 new pc with G4400 CPU, and have apply oplock.exe to
> all
> new pc,

It would be of better help to know exactly:
- the operating system installed on those PC-s (name and 32 or 64 bits)
- the antivirus solution (your program and data files must be excluded from
scanning)
- what solution is used for configuring the PC-s to work as a network (at
least the protocol)

Best regards,

Ella

0
fatfat
11/22/2016 9:51:48 AM

Il 22/11/2016 03:28, fatfat ha scritto:

> add and check it's already pass the test ...

Ok, sorry. :-(

EMG

--
http://www.emagsoftware.it
http://www.emagsoftware.it/emgmusic
http://www.emagsoftware.it/spectrum
http://www.emagsoftware.it/tbosg
0
Enrico
11/22/2016 9:54:03 AM
no, pure xharbour only

"fatfat"  在郵件張貼內容主旨 o114ee$4p4$1@dont-email.me 中撰寫...

"poopall"  在郵件張貼內容主旨
0bd0ae0a-9f3a-4ef7-867c-bdaefc6d9068@googlegroups.com 中撰寫...

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 1:28:50 PM UTC+11, fatfat wrote:
> add and check it's already pass the test ...
>

> "Enrico Maria Giordano"  在郵件張貼內容主旨 o0udmr$cqn$1@dont-email.me 中撰寫...
>

> Il 21/11/2016 05:31, fatfat ha scritto:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > We changed to new 4 new pc with G4400 CPU, and have apply oplock.exe to
> > all new pc,
> >
> > but this pc cause index corrupt like clipper5 using the new pc.
> >

> > is anyone having the same problem ?
> > we need to fix index problem frequenly since installed new pc ..
>
> Did you try
>
> OS_NETREGOK( .T. )
>
> ?
>
> EMG
>
> --
> http://www.emagsoftware.it
> http://www.emagsoftware.it/emgmusic
> http://www.emagsoftware.it/spectrum
> http://www.emagsoftware.it/tbosg

Are you using Clipper and XHarbour at the same time ??

0
fatfat
11/23/2016 2:09:15 AM

"fatfat"  在郵件張貼內容主旨 o114ee$4p4$1@dont-email.me 中撰寫...

"poopall"  在郵件張貼內容主旨
0bd0ae0a-9f3a-4ef7-867c-bdaefc6d9068@googlegroups.com 中撰寫...

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 1:28:50 PM UTC+11, fatfat wrote:
> add and check it's already pass the test ...
>

> "Enrico Maria Giordano"  在郵件張貼內容主旨 o0udmr$cqn$1@dont-email.me 中撰寫...
>

> Il 21/11/2016 05:31, fatfat ha scritto:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > We changed to new 4 new pc with G4400 CPU, and have apply oplock.exe to
> > all new pc,
> >
> > but this pc cause index corrupt like clipper5 using the new pc.
> >

> > is anyone having the same problem ?
> > we need to fix index problem frequenly since installed new pc ..
>
> Did you try
>
> OS_NETREGOK( .T. )
>
> ?
>
> EMG
>
> --
> http://www.emagsoftware.it
> http://www.emagsoftware.it/emgmusic
> http://www.emagsoftware.it/spectrum
> http://www.emagsoftware.it/tbosg

Are you using Clipper and XHarbour at the same time ??

0
fatfat
11/23/2016 2:09:15 AM
Dear fatfat:

On Sunday, November 20, 2016 at 9:31:28 PM UTC-7, fatfat wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We changed to new 4 new pc with G4400 CPU,

Did you put a new fast machine as the data repository too, or did you intend to crash the server?

You don't say anything about the machine that has to queue data from multiple users.

> and have apply oplock.exe to all new pc,
>
> but this pc cause index corrupt like clipper5
> using the new pc.

What OS is on the data repository, and is it up-to-date?
What OS(s) are on the working client machines, and are they up-to-date?

> - No anti-virus install since it's a close lan
>   without internet

Hard to believe that machines without internet access, have been updated with all the bug fixes that are pushed out *after* images are made for OEMs.

> is anyone having the same problem ?

Lots of people report data corruption, not exclusively xHarbour.

> we need to fix index problem frequently since
> installed new pc ..

Presumably you are running Windows 10, 64 bit:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/86177fd5-6921-4699-9780-a47aebcff2cd/windows-10-64bit-oplock-control?forum=win10itpronetworking

David A. Smith
0
dlzc
11/23/2016 1:50:47 PM
On Thursday, November 24, 2016 at 4:36:18 AM UTC+11, fatfat wrote:
> "fatfat"  =E5=9C=A8=E9=83=B5=E4=BB=B6=E5=BC=B5=E8=B2=BC=E5=85=A7=E5=AE=B9=
=E4=B8=BB=E6=97=A8 o114ee$4p4$1@dont-email.me =E4=B8=AD=E6=92=B0=E5=AF=AB..=
..
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "poopall"  =E5=9C=A8=E9=83=B5=E4=BB=B6=E5=BC=B5=E8=B2=BC=E5=85=A7=E5=AE=
=B9=E4=B8=BB=E6=97=A8
> 0bd0ae0a-9f3a-4ef7-867c-bdaefc6d9068@googlegroups.com =E4=B8=AD=E6=92=B0=
=E5=AF=AB...
>=20
> On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 1:28:50 PM UTC+11, fatfat wrote:
> > add and check it's already pass the test ...
> >

> > "Enrico Maria Giordano"  =E5=9C=A8=E9=83=B5=E4=BB=B6=E5=BC=B5=E8=B2=BC=
=E5=85=A7=E5=AE=B9=E4=B8=BB=E6=97=A8 o0udmr$cqn$1@dont-email.me =E4=B8=AD=
=E6=92=B0=E5=AF=AB...

> > Il 21/11/2016 05:31, fatfat ha scritto:
> >
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > We changed to new 4 new pc with G4400 CPU, and have apply oplock.exe =
> > > all new pc,
> > >
> > > but this pc cause index corrupt like clipper5 using the new pc.
> > >

> > > is anyone having the same problem ?
> > > we need to fix index problem frequenly since installed new pc ..
> >
> > Did you try
> >
> > OS_NETREGOK( .T. )
> >
> > ?
> >
> > EMG
> >
> > --
> > http://www.emagsoftware.it
> > http://www.emagsoftware.it/emgmusic
> > http://www.emagsoftware.it/spectrum
> > http://www.emagsoftware.it/tbosg
>=20
> Are you using Clipper and XHarbour at the same time ??

What about the default SMB Settings,
0
poopall
11/24/2016 4:50:07 AM
the sharing machine is updated to new pc G4400 cpu x64 Windows 7 with all
patch updated, and also 3 client machine
the pre-installed pc is updated thru wireless internet, after that it's pull
out from the internet.

the xharbour exe works over 10 years with XP and Win 7, how's it will not
work with new pc with new patch ?!

no Windows 10 from the working environment that the lenovo comm. pc is
pre-install with Windows 7

"dlzc"  在郵件張貼內容主旨
9f2e69e5-bd35-4f5c-aedd-6b1bbc157004@googlegroups.com 中撰寫...

Dear fatfat:

On Sunday, November 20, 2016 at 9:31:28 PM UTC-7, fatfat wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We changed to new 4 new pc with G4400 CPU,

Did you put a new fast machine as the data repository too, or did you intend
to crash the server?

You don't say anything about the machine that has to queue data from
multiple users.

> and have apply oplock.exe to all new pc,
>
> but this pc cause index corrupt like clipper5
> using the new pc.

What OS is on the data repository, and is it up-to-date?
What OS(s) are on the working client machines, and are they up-to-date?

> - No anti-virus install since it's a close lan
>   without internet

Hard to believe that machines without internet access, have been updated
with all the bug fixes that are pushed out *after* images are made for OEMs.

> is anyone having the same problem ?

Lots of people report data corruption, not exclusively xHarbour.

> we need to fix index problem frequently since
> installed new pc ..

Presumably you are running Windows 10, 64 bit:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/86177fd5-6921-4699-9780-a47aebcff2cd/windows-10-64bit-oplock-control?forum=win10itpronetworking

David A. Smith

0
fatfat
11/25/2016 1:57:47 AM
Dear fatfat:

On Thursday, November 24, 2016 at 6:57:47 PM UTC-7, fatfat wrote:
> the sharing machine is updated to new pc G4400 cpu x64
> Windows 7 with all patch updated, and also 3 client
> machine the pre-installed pc is updated thru wireless
> internet, after that it's pull out from the internet.

OK, but these machines that are networked, are wired, right?  Wireless networking is very bad for indexes and such.

Have you run any network diagnostics, to see if maybe you have bad wiring or bad hardware?

https://openbenchmarking.org/suite/pts/network

I have had old cabling used on new machines, and the cabling made them look bad.

> the xharbour exe works over 10 years with XP and
> Win 7, how's it will not work with new pc with new patch?!

I would not put it past Micro$haft to put bugs in, to get people to upgrade.  But that is just my paranoia.

> no Windows 10 from the working environment that the
> lenovo comm. pc is pre-install with Windows 7

Sorry I could not help.

David A. Smith
0
dlzc
11/25/2016 3:42:55 AM
wireless network is only for one time internet update, after that wireless
adapter is unpluged :P

"dlzc"  在郵件張貼內容主旨
1220b94a-a52f-4488-9f34-99058d944754@googlegroups.com 中撰寫...

Dear fatfat:

On Thursday, November 24, 2016 at 6:57:47 PM UTC-7, fatfat wrote:
> the sharing machine is updated to new pc G4400 cpu x64
> Windows 7 with all patch updated, and also 3 client
> machine the pre-installed pc is updated thru wireless
> internet, after that it's pull out from the internet.

OK, but these machines that are networked, are wired, right?  Wireless
networking is very bad for indexes and such.

Have you run any network diagnostics, to see if maybe you have bad wiring or
bad hardware?

https://openbenchmarking.org/suite/pts/network

I have had old cabling used on new machines, and the cabling made them look
bad.

> the xharbour exe works over 10 years with XP and
> Win 7, how's it will not work with new pc with new patch?!

I would not put it past Micro$haft to put bugs in, to get people to upgrade.
But that is just my paranoia.

> no Windows 10 from the working environment that the
> lenovo comm. pc is pre-install with Windows 7

Sorry I could not help.

David A. Smith

0
fatfat
11/25/2016 5:53:01 AM
do u try to disable smb3,
what is the file server os version
0
kenny
11/25/2016 6:55:23 AM
it's x64 Windows 7 Professional with sharing file drive to 4 pc

"kenny.ooi"  在郵件張貼內容主旨
5180856c-2829-4770-914d-1ceefee11241@googlegroups.com 中撰寫...

do u try to disable smb3,
what is the file server os version

0
fatfat
11/30/2016 8:54:39 AM
Dear fatfat:

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 1:54:34 AM UTC-7, fatfat wrote:
> it's x64 Windows 7 Professional with sharing file
> drive to 4 pc

You may want to verify that these changes have been made on both the server, and the 4 peer-to-peer workstations:

Can you implement "terminal services" here, and avoid the problem entirely?

Do you have access to one of the older machines, to act as the server?  If the behavior still occurs on the old machine, then it is a client computer problem...

I assume this is the exact same executable that had been running on older/slower machines, with essentially the same network architecture, and this is a new problem that cropped up with either "faster PCs" or "faster PCs and Windoze 7".

Then it is either the motherboard drivers on the server, the OS on the server, or inherent problems in our code that only ever occasionally showed up... but shows up consistently now.

Are you using DBFCDX, RMDBFCDX, or other?

David A. Smith
0
dlzc
11/30/2016 2:55:16 PM
As well as disabling OpLocks on the workstations, see this article;

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff686200(WS.10).aspx

You do not need to turn off SMB2 + on the Windows 7 (and later) workstations but you MUST turn off all the registry settings on ALL WORKSTATIONS (that are Windows 7 or later) as noted in the article.
(note these are changes on the WORKSTATION registry. If the server is also used as a workstation then apply them there as well.)

If you want to turn the Registry settings off in your application then the application must be run "as Administrator" to have rights to change the registry

HTH

Peter

On Monday, 21 November 2016 17:31:28 UTC+13, fatfat  wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We changed to new 4 new pc with G4400 CPU, and have apply oplock.exe to all
> new pc,
>
> but this pc cause index corrupt like clipper5 using the new pc.
>

> is anyone having the same problem ?
> we need to fix index problem frequenly since installed new pc ..
>

> Regards

0
prees5323