LIBs to access SQL SERVER and ACCESS free

Hi All !!!

I'm starting to use the xHarbour and would like to know which libraries to access sql server and Microsoft Access free? simple examples?? etc...
Can someone please indicate a greate How-to !

Thank`s

Antonio
0
Antonio
2/27/2013 11:33:11 AM
comp.lang.xharbour 5470 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Antonio

Better is go for sqlrdd witch you can acess any rdbms

Regards
Luiz

Em quarta-feira, 27 de fevereiro de 2013 08h33min11s UTC-3, Antonio Lopes Neto  escreveu:
> Hi All !!!
>

> I'm starting to use the xHarbour and would like to know which libraries to access sql server and Microsoft Access free? simple examples?? etc...
>
> Can someone please indicate a greate How-to !
>

> Thank`s
>

> Antonio

0
culikr
2/27/2013 11:58:57 AM
Antonio asked about _free_ access...
I think that the best choice will be using ODBC directly.

Regards,
Bozena

User <culikr@gmail.com> wrote in
> Antonio
>
> Better is go for sqlrdd witch you can acess any rdbms
>
> Regards
> Luiz
>
> Em quarta-feira, 27 de fevereiro de 2013 08h33min11s UTC-3, Antonio Lopes
> Neto  escreveu:
>> Hi All !!!
>>

>> I'm starting to use the xHarbour and would like to know which libraries
>> to access sql server and Microsoft Access free? simple examples?? etc...
>>
>> Can someone please indicate a greate How-to !
>>

>> Thank`s
>>

>> Antonio

0
Bozena
2/27/2013 12:28:17 PM
Em quarta-feira, 27 de fevereiro de 2013 09h28min17s UTC-3, Bozena  escreveu:
> Antonio asked about _free_ access...
>
> I think that the best choice will be using ODBC directly.
>

> Regards,
>
> Bozena
>

> User <culikr@gmail.com> wrote in

> > Antonio
>

> > Better is go for sqlrdd witch you can acess any rdbms
>

> > Regards
>
> > Luiz
>

> > Em quarta-feira, 27 de fevereiro de 2013 08h33min11s UTC-3, Antonio Lopes
>
> > Neto  escreveu:
>
> >> Hi All !!!
>

> >> I'm starting to use the xHarbour and would like to know which libraries
>
> >> to access sql server and Microsoft Access free? simple examples?? etc...
>

> >> Can someone please indicate a greate How-to !
>

> >> Thank`s
>

> >> Antonio

Hi Bozena

thanks for your response

you can help me about I obtaining driver and examples ?
I'm starting in using xHarbour !!

Regards

Antonio
0
Antonio
3/1/2013 12:19:57 PM
Thank=B4s Luiz

Where can I get lib`s sqlrdd and examples or any tutorial ??

Regards

Antonio

 Neto  escreveu:
>=20
> > Hi All !!!
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > I'm starting to use the xHarbour and would like to know which libraries=
 to access sql server and Microsoft Access free? simple examples?? etc...
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > Can someone please indicate a greate How-to !
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > Thank`s
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > Antonio

0
Antonio
3/1/2013 12:23:12 PM
Antonio

www.xharbour.com

Regards
Luiz
0
culikr
3/1/2013 12:46:23 PM
User "Antonio Lopes Neto" <toninholopesst@gmail.com> wrote in
> Em quarta-feira, 27 de fevereiro de 2013 09h28min17s UTC-3, Bozena
> escreveu:
>> Antonio asked about _free_ access...
>>
>> I think that the best choice will be using ODBC directly.
>> Regards,
>> Bozena

[..]
> thanks for your response
>
> you can help me about I obtaining driver and examples ?
> I'm starting in using xHarbour !!

Drivers for particular databases will be installed with the database.
I do not see examples in xHarbour distribution, but if you search source
files you will find TODBC class, which you can use.

Regards,
Bozena

0
Bozena
3/4/2013 12:15:43 PM
Antonio

You can use ADO for free and it costs nothing nor does ADO need a client if you are using Ms Access or MS Sql.

Here is a sample using MS Access and ADO to open a recordset.

xPROVIDER := "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"
xSOURCE   := cDEFA+"\YourAccessDatabase.mdb"
xPASSWORD := "yourpassword"
xCONNECT  := 'Provider='+xPROVIDER+';Data Source='+xSOURCE+';Jet OLEDB:Database Password='+xPASSWORD

oRsLodge := TOleAuto():New( "ADODB.Recordset" )
oRsLodge:CursorType     := 1        // opendkeyset
oRsLodge:CursorLocation := 3        // local cache
oRsLodge:LockType       := 3        // lockoportunistic

cSQL := "SELECT * From [Lodging]"

TRY
   oRsLodge:Open( cSQL,xCONNECT )
CATCH oErr
   MsgInfo( "Error in Opening Lodging table" )
   RETURN(.F.)
END TRY

Browse( oRsLodge ) // not sure xharbours Browse() function will work
oRsLodge:CLose()

Return(nil)
0
Rick

converting access aplication to access-sql server client-server aplication
Hello!! I have a problem with moving tables from access to sql server with wizard. after setting odbc connection there is an error: overflow. Does anybody know what can couse this problem ???? Thanks in advance, slawko. ...

How to access data in MS Access and/or SQL Server?
I am watching a Matlab tutorial titled 'Modeling Variable Annuities with MATLAB' IN the video/tutorial, the commentator accesses a Database. I click Start > Toolboxes > Database > Visual Query Builder. Under ‘Data source’, the commentator has several data sources. I followed his steps; have only 3: Excle Files MS Access Database dBase Files I know you can access SQL Server, and I have it installed on my machine, but I don’t see it listed in the data source choices. So, my question consists of two parts: #1) How can I add SLQ Server to my ‘data source’ ...

Accessing Access

Access 2k upgrade to Access 2003 or SQL Server Express?
I'm having a system using Access 2000 as both front-end (queries, forms, reports & temp tables for reports) & back-end (data) with back-end running on the server. The application runs on the network with around 15 users. The back-end database is suffering from performance issues. There were several corruptions since few months & one major corruption & corrupted the MSysObjects table. Also, the system will run batch process that generate hundreds to thousands of records in the transaction table, which caused the transaction table being locked even though users just trying t...

Accessing access
Can anyone help me please? This has been driving me nuts for ages. I want to use vb 6.0 to control data in a database (an access database). I've looked at tutorial all over the net but I don't want to use a data grid or anything like that because I want to control the database, not see it. So far, from one tutorial I've managed to get something on the lines of this ****************************************** dim db as Database Set db = OpenDatabase("E:\BT.mdb") dim rspeople as recordset set rspeople = db.openrecordset("people") ******************************************* So what I'm basically trying to do open a database and then set a recordset to it so i can start manipulating data. The actual code is a bit more indepth than this, but this is basically the first few lines run. The program stops on the bit where I set the recordset. I've stepped through the code and the db has definately been opened and there is definately a table in the actual database, but I'm told there is a type mismatch when it gets to the recordset bit. any ideas? it really is driving me nuts, any help is appreciated, Ste SteveMc wrote: > Can anyone help me please? This has been driving me nuts for ages. <snip> > ****************************************** > dim db as Database > Set db = OpenDatabase("E:\BT.mdb") > > dim rspeople as recordset > set rspeople = db.openrecordse...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

access to Access
I've been reading some old posts that talk of an inability to connect to an Access database with RB. Is that (still) true? If so, that would be a show stipper for us. Thanks for any insight, dave In article <1187719558.603002.257260@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Dave <davegp2@msn.com> wrote: > I've been reading some old posts that talk of an inability to connect > to an Access database with RB. Is that (still) true? If so, that > would be a show stipper for us. I've never tried it, but I think you should be able to access Access via ...

Access database(Jet Engine) and SQL Server or SQL Server express
Hi, I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web applications (same content different copies) running as different sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database, all sites will be running simultaneously, all the access databases are on the same machine, on this approach, does each copy of access has its own Jet engine to handle database transaction or only has one Jet engine with multiple threads handles multiple copies of access database. Also, I'd like to know what kind database, and data...

Access Front End and SQL Server 2000 Record Level Access Control
Hello, We are using Access ADP as a front end, SQL Server 2000 as a back end. We have a customer contact database. We would like to limit certain users to only receive certain records based on Windows NT group membership. For example, Eastern Sales Group can see clients located in their region, but they cannot see clients located in the Northern Region. Is there an elegant way to do this? Below a two solutions which have been proposed, but none seem to fit. Access is required as a Front End for its ease of use. ********* ** 1 ** ********* Add an additional attribute (bit mask value) to t...

SQL Query from Access to SQL Server
Hi I'm trying to convert an SQL Query from Access to SQL Server. The Access Query goes like this: SELECT Format(EntryDate, 'ddd mm dd') AS [Day] FROM JournalEntries This query returns the name of the day followed by month and date (Su aug 21) What would this be like in SQL Server ? What style id do I have to use to get the correct format ? Regards Rune (rune@totalweb.no) writes: > I'm trying to convert an SQL Query from Access to SQL Server. The > Access Query goes like this: > > SELECT Format(EntryDate, 'ddd mm dd') AS [Day] > FROM JournalEntri...

Fresh SQL Server 2005 giving problem in accessing access 97 file through Jet Ole DB Provider
Problem:Jet 4.0 Ole DB Provider stops working the momemt SQL 2005 server is installed. Environmental steps: 1.Installed XP Sp2 2.Installed SQL 2005 Server with SP1 3.Trying to import data from an access 97 file Actual problem:The linked server gets created but when try to read data we get attached error The problem displayed is following [02/19/07 18:24:47]: Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" for linked server "MGMTREPORTS". OLE DB provider "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" for li...

US-MO-St. Louis: Access DB Developer, Access, SQL Server, VB, DB Admin; 2M (45290657734)
US-MO-St. Louis: Access DB Developer, Access, SQL Server, VB, DB Admin; 2M (45290657734) ======================================================================================== Position: Access DB Developer Reference: SMC01250 Location: St. Louis MO Duration: 2M Skills: Data Standards and Procedures Database Administration MS Access MS SQL Server Visual Basic Assembly Test Component Testing Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com&...

US-MO-St. Louis: Access DB Developer, Access, SQL Server, VB, DB Admin; 2M (45290639072)
US-MO-St. Louis: Access DB Developer, Access, SQL Server, VB, DB Admin; 2M (45290639072) ======================================================================================== Position: Access DB Developer Reference: SMC01250 Location: St. Louis MO Duration: 2M Skills: Data Standards and Procedures Database Administration MS Access MS SQL Server Visual Basic Assembly Test Component Testing Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com&...

US-MO-St. Louis: Access DB Developer, Access, SQL Server, VB, DB Admin; 2M (45290657734)
US-MO-St. Louis: Access DB Developer, Access, SQL Server, VB, DB Admin; 2M (45290657734) ======================================================================================== Position: Access DB Developer Reference: SMC01250 Location: St. Louis MO Duration: 2M Skills: Data Standards and Procedures Database Administration MS Access MS SQL Server Visual Basic Assembly Test Component Testing Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com&...

US-MO-St. Louis: Access DB Developer, Access, SQL Server, VB, DB Admin; 2M (45290657734)
US-MO-St. Louis: Access DB Developer, Access, SQL Server, VB, DB Admin; 2M (45290657734) ======================================================================================== Position: Access DB Developer Reference: SMC01250 Location: St. Louis MO Duration: 2M Skills: Data Standards and Procedures Database Administration MS Access MS SQL Server Visual Basic Assembly Test Component Testing Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..4529065773...

US-MO-St. Louis: Access DB Developer, Access, SQL Server, VB, DB Admin; 2M (45290639072)
US-MO-St. Louis: Access DB Developer, Access, SQL Server, VB, DB Admin; 2M (45290639072) ======================================================================================== Position: Access DB Developer Reference: SMC01250 Location: St. Louis MO Duration: 2M Skills: Data Standards and Procedures Database Administration MS Access MS SQL Server Visual Basic Assembly Test Component Testing Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45290639072. ...

US-MO-St. Louis: Access DB Developer, Access, SQL Server, VB, DB Admin; 2M (45290639072)
US-MO-St. Louis: Access DB Developer, Access, SQL Server, VB, DB Admin; 2M (45290639072) ======================================================================================== Position: Access DB Developer Reference: SMC01250 Location: St. Louis MO Duration: 2M Skills: Data Standards and Procedures Database Administration MS Access MS SQL Server Visual Basic Assembly Test Component Testing Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com&...

SQL works in Access but not in SQL Server 2000 ! Why?
I am new to MS SQL Server. I have SELECT statement which works fine using Access 2000 but when I try to use this in SQL Server 2000 I get error. Statement works fine in Access 2000: SELECT Field1, Field2 FROM Table WHERE Field1 & Field2 LIKE '%keyword1%' AND Field1 & Field2 LIKE '%keyword2%' Error I get using SQL Server 2000: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E14) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid operator for data type. Operator equals boolean AND, type equals float. Does anyone know how to fix this? I would really appreciate ...

MS Access, SQL Server, Web server
Scenario -------- I am planning to write an application using MS Access as front-end. User enters records (mostly 15 records or less per user per day) into an Access database. Having done that, users click a button to transfer these records to a web server hosting an SQL Server database (set up by a service provider). Each record represents a job; provider will update its status when a job is done. At the end of day, user will open up the database to enquire the records status, which will be retrieved from the web server (through HTTP protocol) A service provider will probably have 200...

Win2000 Server can access client but client cannot access server files.
Hi We're running 2000 Server feeding 4 PC's and two Macs. Last week I found one PC can no longer access files on the server whereas the server can access any files on that PC. I suppose it's a good sign that it is at least working in one direction. I just need to get it back to working both ways. Though I am very competent with stand alone PCs I'm not very experienced with networks. I'd very grateful of any suggestions regarding settings I should check that would re-connect the link of this PC to the server. If there are any web sites you can recommend for network ne...

SQL-Export: Access --> Access
Hi! I was searching all the day for the solution of the following problem: I've got an Access2000 Database and Want to export the table-structures to SQL. I've found the tool access2sql, but it only generates MySQL or Firebird Syntax. But I need Access SQL Syntax, so I can import the script in Access again. thx. mfg, Vitali2000 I believe CompareLib, from KlikSoft, can do what you want http://www.kliksoft.com/?S=2&SS=10 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Vitali2000" <vitalivoroth@web.de> wrote in message news:eb1...

[...]

Web resources about - LIBs to access SQL SERVER and ACCESS free - comp.lang.xharbour

Local access and transport area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Local access and transport area (LATA) is a term used in U.S. telecommunications regulation. It represents a geographical area of the United ...

Behind The Scenes: How Access Got Oscar Ready!
Access was everywhere at the 88th Academy Awards the red carpet, backstage, in the audience and showed it all on social media. Now, we take you ...

Apple's lead attorney frames encryption debate as digital arms race, says only US asking for privileged ...
Apple Insider Apple's lead attorney frames encryption debate as digital arms race, says only US asking for privileged access Apple Insider ...

Fitness Business Is All About Access?
... Swedish FitnessCollection is opening the network of fitness studios in Stockholm. With 84 euros (790 Swedish krona), you can get monthly access ...

Judge who just ruled for Apple shreds the government for using a 227-year-old law to access people’s ...
... the FBI, citing a 227-year-old law called the All Writs Act (AWA), wants to force Apple to create software that would allow the FBI to access ...

MetLife Foundation and ‘The Financial Inclusion Challenge’ Seek Best Solutions for Financial Access Across ...
MetLife Foundation announced today its exclusive sponsorship of the second year of The Financial Inclusion Challenge. The Challenge, sponsored ...

Paragon, Epic's MOBA, enters Early Access on March 18
... on early impressions, seems to follow that route as well. You'll get a chance to see for yourself on March 18 when it hits the Early Access ...

The Public Access Weekly: Feelin' good
YOU. GUYS. Fiber internet is coming to my neighborhood. Fiber. Internet. This is a pretty serious game changer Not only is Google looking to ...

Facebook's Latin America VP Arrested In Brazil For Blocking Access To Data
... investigation. Facebook 's vice president in Latin America, Diego Dzodan, was arrested Tuesday for not granting Brazilian authorities access ...

The Problem With Paid Family Leave in the U.S.: Access Is Not The Same As Take-Up
... Compensation Survey from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that 12 percent of private sector workers in the United States have access ...