Linking a C Library - libxml2.lib #2

Hi All

I need to do some xml canonicalization and the "c routines" are open source
provided by Xmlsoft.org in a library libxml2.lib.

How do I link in the library?
Do I need to re-compile the source etc.?

If I just add them to the mak file I get this error.

Error: 'C:\DEVELOP\SADLINK\LIBXML2.LIB' contains invalid OMF record, type
0x21 (possibly COFF)

Any assistance on how I can do this?

TIA
David

0
wcr (2)
3/6/2007 5:20:30 PM
comp.lang.xharbour 5470 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

David

If you use Borland as a C compiler, you need obtain the libxml2.lib from
libxml2.dll using implib.exe command:

implib libxlm2.lib libxlm2.dll

Walter Negro

David Williams wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I need to do some xml canonicalization and the "c routines" are open source
> provided by Xmlsoft.org in a library libxml2.lib.
>
> How do I link in the library?
> Do I need to re-compile the source etc.?
>
> If I just add them to the mak file I get this error.
>
> Error: 'C:\DEVELOP\SADLINK\LIBXML2.LIB' contains invalid OMF record, type
> 0x21 (possibly COFF)
>
> Any assistance on how I can do this?
>
> TIA
> David

0
wnegro (3)

Perl MakeMaker
Hi, I'm building a Perl extension (dll in Windows XP) using ExtUtils::MakeMaker. This dll needs to link with other libraries that were built in static mode (-MTd). My perl configuration states dynamic libraries (-MD) which causes MakeMaker to pull a dynamic C library (msvcrtd.dll). The other libraries are using the static C library (libcmtd.lib) These dynamic and static C libraries collide giving link errors. Is there a way to force perl to compile with (-MTd) albeit its configuration flags? I tried reinstalling Perl (ActiveState perl v5.8.8 built for MSWin32- x86-multi-thread) but didn&...

[ace-bugs] Linking to a shared ace 5.2 lib, compiled with g++ 3.2.3: Linker Error galore when trying to link to the built ace lib
ACE VERSION: 5.2 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Sparc Architecture and Solaris 2.6 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): GNU 3.2.3 (not patch level) AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: I am able to compile ace into a shared library called libAce.so, but when I link to it I get a bunch of linker errors like so: g++ -I../share -I/home/gbedi/ace_gcc -I/home/cls_master/libs/solaris/libtif f_3_5_6 -I/home/cls_master/libs/solaris/libdil_1_1 -I/home/cls_master/libs/solaris/l ibdms_1_1 -I../include -D_PTHREADS...

Re: [ace-bugs] Linking to a shared ace 5.2 lib, compiled with g++ 3.2.3: Linker Error galore when trying to link to the built ace lib
Hi, Thanks for using the PRF. >> ACE VERSION: 5.2 I have several recommendations: .. Upgrade to ACE 5.3.3, which you can download from http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html .. Build the ACE tests and examples directories to make sure they work. Assuming they work, then follow EXACTLY the same linker steps for your application. Thanks, Doug >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Sparc Architecture and Solaris 2.6 >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):...

Problem with linking C shared library into C++ shared library
Hello! A Corba Components server uses Components as shared libraries that are loaded into the server at runtime. Everything is C++ but I wrote a component which uses libmpeg2 for video decoding and displaying. I use "extern C" to use the mpeg2 C code inside the C++ component. The component shared library compiles and links ok, but when I try to load it into the server I get a "cannot load shared library; undefined symbol" error, for all symbols from libmpeg2. The mpeg2 libraries are all linked and it should work: I tried a simple executable with mpeg2, the c...

C/C++ library from PHP #2
Hello; i want to use linked list classes formed in C++ and use them after including my own dinamic library written in C++ (i'm using Linux - shared object - .so-) the problem is: - do i have to do it only and only with the help of ZEND APIs? is there not any standart way to do this inside PHP? - if not with ".so" s, any linked list classes in PHP?(i want to use linked lists because of the high dataload to process and the memory doesnt allow the array structure after some extent) Thank You Oğuz Divilioğlu Oguz Divilioglu a �crit : > any linked list classe...

Linking a C++ library to a C program.
Hi, I am writing a C program which interfaces with a C++ library. The C++ library works fine with C. I was wondering if I need to use a C++ compiler (g++ in my case) to compile the C program or can I use a C compiler (gcc). Thanks. On 8 Jul 2005 15:57:50 -0700, "a2x" <add_aaron_2_x@hotmail.com> wrote in comp.lang.c: > Hi, > > I am writing a C program which interfaces with a C++ library. The C++ > library works fine with C. I was wondering if I need to use a C++ > compiler (g++ in my case) to compile the C program or can I use a C > compiler (gcc). > ...

2 C || ~ 2 C
Is there any aspect in language C, that you would change if you were to design that language today? I think it's a mature language and it doesn't need any refinement. What do you think? What about C99 contra C89? Is C language constantly evolving language? Where would you put the limit for the improvements for the language C? If it ain't broke, why fix it? Sorry for my broken English, I'm still learning. klaushuotari@gmail.com wrote, On 20/03/07 23:16: > Is there any aspect in language C, that you would change if you were > to design that language today? Yes. Several. ...

Linking a C++ library to a C program.
Hi, I am writing a C program which interfaces with a C++ library. The C++ library works fine with C. I was wondering if I need to use a C++ compiler (g++ in my case) to compile the C program or can I use a C compiler (gcc)? Thanks. p.s. I understand all the extern "C" business. This is purely a do I need to use a C++ compiler to compile a C program that uses a C++ library question. add_aaron_2_x@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I am writing a C program which interfaces with a C++ library. The C++ > library works fine with C. I was wondering if I need to use a C++ > ...

C++/C-library linking (pslib)
Hi, as far as I know I can link all C libraries in C++ as well. but I can't get it done with pslib. pslib is a library to create Postscript documents. The exactly same code compiles and links with C and it doesn't when I use C++. This is my linking command: gcc -o test -L/usr/lib/ -lps -lstdc++ test.cpp and in /usr/lib is definitely the file /usr/lib/libps.so -> libps.so.0.2.4 it all works fine when I compile my file as test.c as C code. but with test.cpp I get these errors: /tmp/ccSuItDe.o(.text+0x11): In function `main': : undefined reference to `PS_boot()' /tmp/ccSuItDe.o(.text+0x16): In function `main': : undefined reference to `PS_new()' [bla bla bla and so on......................] collect2: ld returned 1 exit status this is the stupid little piece of code I wrote after the bigger project didn't compile: #include <libps/pslib.h> main(int argc, char *argv[]) { PSDoc* sheet; PS_boot(); sheet = PS_new(); PS_open_file(sheet,"test.ps"); PS_set_info(sheet,"Title","HelloWorld"); PS_begin_page(sheet,841.9,595.3); PS_end_page(sheet); PS_shutdown(); }; what do I do wrong. BTW, I have debian [sid] running. desperately asking Thomas Ruschival Thomas Ruschival wrote: > Hi, > as far as I know I can link all C libraries in C++ as well. but I can't > get it done with pslib. pslib is a library to create Postscript > docume...

Linking libraries with .a in tornado 2.2 IDE
Hi, I am new to the world of Highlevel languages. I am having a problem in linking the library files with extention .a with the .cpp file in the Tornado 2.2 C++ IDE. Can any one help me in providing with procedures to link the libaries along with cpp file. Thanks with regards hari potter =E5=86=99=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A > Hi, > I am new to the world of Highlevel languages. I am having a problem in > linking the library files with extention .a with the .cpp file in the > Tornado 2.2 C++ IDE. > Can any one help me in providing with procedures to link the libaries > along with ...

install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle: load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 2
hello i have a strange problem with DBI module. has anyone any clue about what is wrong here? my connection string: --------------------- use DBI; use DBD::ODBC; use DBI qw(:sql_types); use strict; use warnings; my $db = "something"; my $user = 'XXX'; my $passwd = 'XXX'; my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Oracle:XXX', $user,$passwd, {RaiseError => 1, AutoCommit => 0}) or die $DBI::errstr; ################# This gives the foll...

linking assembler code to C via C library
Hi I would like to know what the standard way to write a custom C library that links to assembler code? The reason is that, apart of been curious, I would like to know what format the C language uses to sent and receive data between assembler and after langauges? thanks Neil Morris -- my IE6 favorites for import into Netscape/Internet Explorer www.neilmorris.btinternet.co.uk/bookmark.htm http://www.neilmorris.btinternet.co.uk/ Neil Morris wrote: > > Hi > I would like to know what the standard way to write a custom C library > that links to assembler code? > The rea...

C++ Portable Types Library (PTypes) 2.0.2 released
C++ Portable Types Library (PTypes) Release 2.0.2 http://www.melikyan.com/ptypes/ The C++ Portable Types Library (PTypes) is a simple alternative to the STL that includes multithreading and networking. It defines dynamic strings, character sets, variants, lists and other basic data types along with threads, synchronization primitives and IP sockets. It is portable across modern Unix and Windows systems and includes a sample HTTP daemon showing the full power of the library. The changes in this release are as follows: The memory corruption problem in multi-threaded applications compiled with the LinuxThreads library has been fixed. Several minor improvements and bugfixes have been made for streams and for the dynamic string class. Please, see the change log for more details: http://www.melikyan.com/ptypes/doc/changes.html -- Hovik Melikyan ########################################################################## # Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: cola@stump.algebra.com # # PLEASE remember a short description of the software and the LOCATION. # # This group is archived at http://stump.algebra.com/~cola/ # ########################################################################## ...

C/C++ library for point cloud & mesh manipulation ? #2
Hi, I'm looking for open source or commercial C/C++ libraries with some or all of the following point-cloud/mesh manipulation capabilities: - resampling point clouds - registering two point cloud images - segmenting point clouds or meshes based on bounding coordinates - creating triangular meshes from point clouds (possibly with varying mesh densities) Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks ! www.cgal.org...

linking the C++ libs
Hi, I'm having some trouble linking the Informix C++ libraries to my own C++ code. My code includes the <it.h> header file and compiles ok, but whenever I try using one of the library classes/objects, I get an 'undefined reference to' error when linking. First I thought I wrongly linked the libraries to my .o file, but even the examples (demo/c++) don't link correcly as they give the exact same errors ('make curstst' for example). Is there any way of checking if the installed libraries are working? I installed SDK 2.81 and try compiling with g++ version 3.3.1. Thanks for any help, Martin Martin wrote: > I'm having some trouble linking the Informix C++ libraries to my own C++ > code. > > My code includes the <it.h> header file and compiles ok, but whenever I try > using one of the library classes/objects, I get an 'undefined reference to' > error when linking. First I thought I wrongly linked the libraries to my .o > file, but even the examples (demo/c++) don't link correcly as they give the > exact same errors ('make curstst' for example). Is there any way of checking > if the installed libraries are working? > I installed SDK 2.81 and try compiling with g++ version 3.3.1. Which platform? Which compiler was used to build the library? If it wasn't a 3.3.x GCC (G++) compiler, you're out of luck. C compilers mix'n'match; C++ comp...

C++ Library #2
C++ Program Language: From Beginner: Now I knew that there's "Function Library & "Class Library". Are there any other Library? and how can I open any of them to have a look. My regards. HELLO $$$ wrote: > Now I knew that there's "Function Library & "Class Library". Are there any > other Library? "Library" is casual jargon, generally referring to a set of classes and functions that one team publishes, as a kit. Another team selects from the set those classes and functions they need. They don't use all, so the term &quo...

linking C libraries
We are trying to make a library of our own and are getting lots of missing symbol errors. The missing symbols are functions from UCSC libraries that are included from our library. The library compiles fine, and the ar command succeeds. The problem is when you include the library in a program and try to use one of its functions. Does this sound like a common error? Any hints where to look? makefile? .h file? .c file? Thanks a lot Yi wrote: > We are trying to make a library of our own and are getting lots of > missing symbol errors. The missing symbols are functions from UCSC >...

Lang c #2
www.easythings5.blogspot.com ...

Linking libraries #2
I've downloaded 3rd party libraries and I'm trying to link them in with my code but when I use -l<library name> it gives me the error "ld: cannot find -l<lib name>". When I link the libraries explicitly it seems to work okay, ie by entering the full address to the library on the command line or in the makefile. I'm running on Linux, I resolved this problem before on a solaris OS by adding the address of the library to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH but my env in Linux didn't have this variable and when I added it, it made no difference. I also tried running ldconfig ...

P4 FSB a b c 2.8c 2.8b 2.4b 2.4c e.t.c. what does it mean? + list of p4 temps?
P4 FSB A B C 2.8c 2.8b 2.4b 2.4c e.t.c. what does it mean? as in, what does a b and c indicate? is it the case that for northwood core. b <-- 533 FSB c <-- 800 FSB the rest isn't so clear to me. Is there a reasonable list? I use the wikipedia microprocessor list (for p4) . But, it doesn't include the letters. is there another? Even when I type the model of a processor , like SL6PF in, it doesn't give me whether it's "b" or "c". And with that, is there a list of p4s and corresponding processor temperatures? thanks q_q_anonymous@yahoo.co.uk wrote: > P4 FSB A B C 2.8c 2.8b 2.4b 2.4c e.t.c. what does it mean? > > as in, what does a b and c indicate? > > is it the case that for northwood core. > b <-- 533 FSB > c <-- 800 FSB > > the rest isn't so clear to me. Is there a reasonable list? > > I use the wikipedia microprocessor list (for p4) . But, it doesn't > include the letters. is there another? > Even when I type the model of a processor , like SL6PF in, it doesn't > give me whether it's "b" or "c". > > > And with that, is there a list of p4s and corresponding processor > temperatures? > > thanks > Original Pentium 4 was Willamette (180nm). These were P4-1300 to P4-2000 and they all had 400MHz busses. They shrank the design to the next process (130nm) and called it Northwood. Northwood shipped P4-1600 ...

Shared lib linking errors msw-2.5.2+gcc-3.4.1
While testing wx as a shared library I started to run into this link error: undefined reference to `wxWindow::MSWShouldPreProcessMessage(void**)' This is happening when linking in the console *NOT* in msys. When I run the link command from msys it works with no problems. Im really stumped as to what the difference is. I *require* to be able to run this from the console so I need to figure it out. Does anyone have usefull suggestions?? wxMSW-2.5.2 GCC 3.4.1 Thanks, CG --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: ...

ANN: Magic CD/DVD Burner (C/C++ Library)
Magic CD/DVD Burner (C/C++ Library) is developed to fulfill the requirement of Data CD/DVD burning needs. The latest technologies are used to get the maximum output and to meet the future needs. Magic CD/DVD Burner Includes all the features required by the developers in such software plus more, offering the reliability, stability and ease of use in affordable price. For getting complete features details, please visit: http://www.binarymagics.com Salient Features: * Add Full Featured Data CD/DVD recording functionality to your Program. * No DLL/ActiveX is required - Compiles directly in Exe...

wxMac: Link errors when linking wx_MACH_d.lib with CW 8.3 and wxMac 2.5.3
Hi all, I'm building a Mach-O static library which uses the static library version of wxMac. I did this under Carbon with 2.4.2 and it worked fine. In moving to Mach-O, I now get every Mac Toolbox call that wxMac uses as "undefined" in the linker (eg: XorRgb, CreateTabsControl, etc.). I seem to have all the runtime libaries in the main wxMac project so they SHOULD be in the static wxMac library that I built. However, when I build my static lib that wxMac is included with, I get over 100 link errors. I dont understand why this would happen if the runtime libaries are supp...

c++ to c #2
Hi, I have to convert a C++ program, not very complicated, to C. What is the best automatic approach appart from LLVL and Comeau ? Do you really know some more ? :) In article <ba6f271f-d73e-42c9-b530-279e34d6203c@s36g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>, Horacius ReX <horacius.rex@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have to convert a C++ program, not very complicated, to C. What is >the best automatic approach appart from LLVL and Comeau ? Do you >really know some more ? :) Hire a C programmer. It will make everyone's life easier if the C programmer you hire also understands ...

C or C++ #2
if I need to write C++, I will be forced to learn C automatically? Since I saw many C++ code need to call C library also. Most program use a combination of C++ code and calling C functions. Then writting C++, I cannot avoid learning C right? * Carmen Sei: > if I need to write C++, I will be forced to learn C automatically? > > Since I saw many C++ code need to call C library also. > > Most program use a combination of C++ code and calling C functions. > > Then writting C++, I cannot avoid learning C right? You will learn some aspects of C. You will not learn C. C++ is a different language, and valid C code is seldom valid C++ code except where it's written to the common subset (e.g. in header files meant to work with both languages). For guidance about learning C++, see the FAQ. Cheers, & hth., - Alf On Apr 9, 12:31 pm, Carmen Sei <fatwallet...@yahoo.com> wrote: > if I need to write C++, I will be forced to learn C automatically? False > Since I saw many C++ code need to call C library also. If a C++ library calls a C function under the covers, it does not mean you need to know C. If _you_ call a C function than you might, but if a "C++ library" _forces_ you to call a C function, it is not a "C++ library" > Most program use a combination of C++ code and calling C functions. Really? how many years have you spent reading g the source code of every library in existence? Maybe you could say th...

Web resources about - Linking a C Library - libxml2.lib #2 - comp.lang.xharbour

Object Linking and Embedding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Object Linking and Embedding ( OLE ) is a technology developed by Microsoft that allows embedding and linking to documents and other objects. ...

Linking To Advertisers’ Facebook Pages Lowers Costs
Advertisements on Facebook yield more paying customers when the promotion links to a page on the social network instead of an external website. ...

An Industry Standard for Linking on Mobile
Linking is an important part of what makes the web great, but right now it's too hard to implement and expose deep links on mobile. There's no ...

Facebook vs. Google: the battle for deep linking supremacy
Facebook and Google are in an arms race, but this time not over active user counts. Both tech giants are making big moves in the deep linking ...

Mobile app deep-linking and new Cards - Twitter Blogs
Twitter Cards are being used by more than 10,000 developers, mobile apps and websites to richly represent content on Twitter, including article ...

App Store - LinKing
Get LinKing on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Flickr: Linking Paths' Photostream
Explore Linking Paths' photostream on Flickr. This user has 368 photos on Flickr.

SOPA & PIPA HORROR STORY UK citizen extradited by US for LINKING to a copyrighted site - YouTube
Originally Uploaded by JeepersMedia on Jan 18, 2012 (by Mike Mozart) STEAL THIS VIDEO! Re-Upload to YouTube and Everywhere! Evidence Blog ht ...

Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu stirs trouble by linking Muslim leader to Holocaust
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu provoked controversy ahead of a visit to Germany by saying the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem convinced Adolf ...

Syrian Opposition Claims It Has Evidence Linking Assad Forces To Recent Chlorine Gas Attack
BEIRUT (Reuters) – Syrian opposition activists have posted photographs and video that they say shows an improvised chlorine bomb to back up claims ...