SET PRINTER TO \\Server\Printer error

SET PRINTER TO \\Server\Printer gives the following error :

Error TERM/2014 Create error: \\oemcomputer\hp-lj1300.prn (DOS Error :
Network name not found)

Printer is installed and connected. It's working.

Please help

comp.lang.xharbour 5470 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Sep 9, 9:03=A0am, "M Mordkovych" <mmordk1_no_spam_...@verizon.net>
wrote:
> SET PRINTER TO \\Server\Printer gives the following error :
>
> Error TERM/2014 Create error: \\oemcomputer\hp-lj1300.prn (DOS Error :
> Network name not found)
>
> Printer is installed and connected. It's working.
>
> Please help

I've had several instances of this problem. The most common is a
misspelling of the printer sharename in the NET USE command. This DOS
Error is telling you that the Network name is not found. I would do a
NET VIEW to list the shared devices that are seen from the
workstation, then a NET VIEW with the host name to see the correct
sharenames for that host.

For instance, if the host is \\COMPUTER, the NET VIEW \\COMPUTER would
show the printer shares under that host.

If workstation has a correct NET USE LPTx \\computer\printer and you
are still getting the problem, I've seen this situation in a Windows
Vista environment where the Vista workstation is attempting to share
the printer that the xharbour application is trying to access.
Apparently, it is not possible to DOS print to a sharename hosted by
that same workstation. I  have worked around this by sharing the
printer from the server, rather than from the workstation.

Hope this helps.
0
gsrogers1 (2)
9/9/2009 6:06:31 PM
Yes, it was misspeling. I found out xHarbour accept it in all upper case.
Net use however, reports it in lower case.

"Gary" <gsrogers1@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Sep 9, 9:03 am, "M Mordkovych" <mmordk1_no_spam_...@verizon.net>
wrote:
> SET PRINTER TO \\Server\Printer gives the following error :
>
> Error TERM/2014 Create error: \\oemcomputer\hp-lj1300.prn (DOS Error :
> Network name not found)
>
> Printer is installed and connected. It's working.
>
> Please help

I've had several instances of this problem. The most common is a
misspelling of the printer sharename in the NET USE command. This DOS
Error is telling you that the Network name is not found. I would do a
NET VIEW to list the shared devices that are seen from the
workstation, then a NET VIEW with the host name to see the correct
sharenames for that host.

For instance, if the host is \\COMPUTER, the NET VIEW \\COMPUTER would
show the printer shares under that host.

If workstation has a correct NET USE LPTx \\computer\printer and you
are still getting the problem, I've seen this situation in a Windows
Vista environment where the Vista workstation is attempting to share
the printer that the xharbour application is trying to access.
Apparently, it is not possible to DOS print to a sharename hosted by
that same workstation. I  have worked around this by sharing the
printer from the server, rather than from the workstation.

Hope this helps.

Printer versus Indesign printer settings
In Indesign, how can I make sure I haven't activated both my application and my Epson 2200 inkjet printer's printing settings in the File > Print window? I read that having both active can screw up the colors of printed images and give them a red cast, and my images _are_ printing too red. Robert ...

Printer interface
My application prints to an image printer that prints 4x6 prints. The printer driver is installed and working correctly. The windows print queue detects out of paper errors etc. How can I do that from my application? Any help would be fantastic. Thanks! FindFirstPrinterChangeNotification, FindNextPrinterChangeNotification et al. Christian <njmedic2669@gmail.com> wrote in message news:01574200-261e-41d3-9a60-0d3592b14e52@y9g2000yqg.googlegroups.com... > My application prints to an image printer that prints 4x6 prints. > The > printer driver is install...

Only allow a printer server on network printer
How can I set up a network printer to only use a printer server from WinNT or Win2000 servers if the printer is network enabled (say an HP printer with a JetDirect card and its own IP)? Is it configurable through the JetAdmin utility? Do I have to setup a filtering firewall perhaps to the printer? TIA Patrick ...

Printer interface
My application prints to an image printer that prints 4x6 prints. The printer driver is installed and working correctly. The windows print queue detects out of paper errors etc. How can I do that from my application? Any help would be fantastic. Thanks! FindFirstPrinterChangeNotification, FindNextPrinterChangeNotification et al. Christian <njmedic2669@gmail.com> wrote in message news:01574200-261e-41d3-9a60-0d3592b14e52@y9g2000yqg.googlegroups.com... > My application prints to an image printer that prints 4x6 prints. > The > printer driver is install...

set printer error
Hi I'm converting a clipper app to xHarbour.com When executing SET PRINTER TO LPT1 I get: TERM/2014 Create Error LPT1.PRN if there is no physical printer attached to that port or it's not redirected. How can I check it in advance to avoid the error ? Thanks Claudio H Dear Claudio: On Dec 16, 1:01=A0pm, "Claudio" <chersz...@hotmail.com> wrote: .... > I'm converting a clipper app to xHarbour.com > When executing SET PRINTER TO LPT1 > I get: TERM/2014 Create Error LPT1.PRN if > there is no physical printer attached to that > port or it's not redirected. > How can I check it in advance to avoid the error ? Isprinter( "LPT1" ). Check the documentation. David A. Smith David I had this error trapped in Clipper and stopped working in xHarbour. Now I found a difference in the error object creation. The string "LPT1.PRN" appears in oError:Operation in xHarbour instead of oError:filename as it does in Clipper. Claudio H "dlzc" <dlzc1@cox.net> wrote in message news:6ceb5cff-c0f4-4084-b55a-870f669904ee@w24g2000prd.googlegroups.com... Dear Claudio: On Dec 16, 1:01 pm, "Claudio" <chersz...@hotmail.com> wrote: .... > I'm converting a clipper app to xHarbour.com > When executing SET PRINTER TO LPT1 > I get: TERM/2014 Create Error LPT1.PRN if > there is no physical printer attached to that > port or it's not redirected. > How can I check it in advance ...

printer error message when install axis printer
Printer Colon File /usr/lpd/pio/predef//printer.asc not present i dont have that file too.. i have found this but cant get any hint.. http://nscp.upenn.edu/aix4.3html/aixbman/printrgd/prt_colon_file.htm thanks Can you try to overwrite install bos.rte.printers and printers.rte from the AIX install media? "yls177" <yls177@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c06e4d68.0405231928.a76e78@posting.google.com... > Printer Colon File /usr/lpd/pio/predef//printer.asc not present > > i dont have that file too.. > > i have found this but cant get any hint.. > http://...

Set Dell 3100CN printer as a AS400 printer
Can anyone help me? I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5. The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some caracters at the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem. Looking forward to hear someone soon. Stefano, Try *HPCOLORLJ in stead of *HP5 or else see http://tinyurl.com/r99dq for more information Cheers, Pjotr Stefano wrote: > Can anyone help me? > I have many Dell Laser printer 3100CN and I want to use Client Access > emulator. I set ASCII conversion as *HP5. > The printer prints correctly, but it add a blank page with some > caracters at > the end of every spool. I dont'know how to solve this problem. > > Looking forward to hear someone soon. Here is how we defined ours: CRTDEVPRT DEVD(DZ) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) LANATTACH(*IP) + PORT(9100) ATTACH(*DIRECT) ONLINE(*YES) FONT(11 *NONE) + FORMFEED(*AUTOCUT) SEPDRAWER(*FILE) PRTERRMSG(*INQ) + MSGQ(*LIBL/I4) ACTTMR(170) INACTTMR(30) LINESPEED(19200) + WORDLEN(8) PARITY(*NONE) STOPBITS(1) TRANSFORM(*YES) + MFRTYPMDL(*HP5SI) PPRSRC1(*LETTER) PPRSRC2(*NONE) + ENVELOPE(*NONE) ASCII899(*NO) IMGCFG(*NONE) CHRID(*SYSVAL) + RMTLOCNAME('192.192.192.11') SYSDRVPGM(*HPPJLDRV) TEXT('DZ - + FSC - DE - Printer Dell at Denison') PUBLISHINF(*UNKNOWN + *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *BLANK (*...

Printer Ink
Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill - Hi, I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill. I already have some information about Printer Ink on the website - www.Printer-Ink.biz; what I am looking for is pictures and diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge and printer ink refill work for the www.Printer-ink.biz website. Specifically, I am looking for good pictures of printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer refill in action, maybe in a ink jet printer or laser printer - however, diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer ink refill work in a laser printer, ink jet printer, or even dot matrix printer might be interesting as well. Please only send your own images - with your pictures, please include permission to post them on www.Printer-Ink.biz . Images to pics@Printer-Ink.biz . Thank you, info@Printer-Ink.biz Subject : Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill for www.Printer-Ink.biz flrealbot@yahoo.com wrote: > Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink > Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill > - > > Hi, > > > I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on > Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink ...

HP PSC 1600 Printer sets to default printer
I have a HP PSC 1600 printer that I use at home and for some reason this printer also is set to be my default printer. When I try to change another printer to be my default printer, the other printer will show as being the new default printer, but when I go home again and connect to the HP PSC 1600, this printer HP PSC 1600 again takes over as the default printer. Is there a way for the HP PSC 1600 printer not to take control of being my default printer? ...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Setting up my HP printer comming up with a error
HI, I am trying to set-up my hp printer on my mac (10.3.9) but when i try to add it a error message keeps coming up "an error occurred while trying to add the selected printers. server-error-service-unavailable" Have a look at a snapshot i took https://bluehome.net/~adriel/Printer_ERROR.jpg Does anyone know how i can fix this problem? Thanks Adriel In article <1145780698.714487.72200@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, "techno guy" <adrielk@gmail.com> wrote: > HI, > > I am trying to set-up my hp printer on my mac (10.3.9) but when i try > to add i...

SET PRINTER TO and SET DEFAULT
Hi I recently discovered that if I issue a SET PRINTER TO LPTx after a SET DEFAULT TO a different folder, clipper tries to create a file named LPTx.PRN in the default directory and of course generates a CREATE ERROR. Without th SET DEFATLT TO command it does work as it should. This happens in W2K/XP machines, doesn't in W98. Any idea ? TIA Claudio On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 05:33:16 -0800 (PST), cherszage@gmail.com wrote: >Hi >I recently discovered that if I issue a SET PRINTER TO LPTx after a >SET DEFAULT TO a different folder, clipper tries to create a file >named LPTx.PRN in the ...

Can't set up the HP Printer on DSL Box on the Shared Printer port...
Hi Group, Maybe wrong group, but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. I feel a bit of a berk that I can't repeat on my own machine but I did on the girlfriends! We have a Draytek Wireless G router and it's got a USB port on the back to enable 'network printing'. We've both got Windows XP and I'm going bonkers. The driver is installed on my machine, and the IP of the router is 192.168.1.1 (which is the printer). I've added a TCP\IP port in the Ports Tab, and ticked it. When I unplug the printer locally from the USB and plonk it in the router, the printer vanishes off my Printers list(!) It doesn't with the other machine and I can't understand why. Any clues guys ? Cheers, Paul Honkeytonk Man wrote: > Hi Group, > Maybe wrong group, but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. > I feel a bit of a berk that I can't repeat on my own machine but I > did on the girlfriends! > > We have a Draytek Wireless G router and it's got a USB port on the > back to enable 'network printing'. We've both got Windows XP and I'm > going bonkers. The driver is installed on my machine, and the IP of > the router is 192.168.1.1 (which is the printer). > > I've added a TCP\IP port in the Ports Tab, and ticked it. When I > unplug the printer locally from the USB and plonk it in the router, > the printer vanishes off my Printers list(!) > > It doesn't with the oth...

FIX: HP 4000/4050 "41.5 Printer Error", printer printing blanks
Hello everyone Just posting this in the hope of making it easier for someone else down the line - we have an HP LaserJet 4050 that suddenly started throwing a 41.5 Printer Error and printing blanks. The fix turned out to be very easy but if I hadn't figured it out it may have resulted in an expensive service call. My separation roller - the blue & grey roller in the paper tray - had moved out of place. I just pushed it back in place and it was fixed. Here's a page that has pictures of the separation and feed rollers on a 4000 series printer. The separation roller is part of the paper tray and is shown in the lower picture: http://www.printertechs.com/tech/mkinst/mk-4000-7feed.php Hope this helps someone. ...

Setting up a printer
Hi, I've recently purchased a Mac Mini, which is now installed into my Windows workgroup and is working pretty much perfectly. However, I need some further assistance regarding setting up my network printer. I have an old workhorse HP LaserJet 5 which is connected to the network via a NetGear print server with an IP address of 192.168.0.2. When I went into System Preferences to add the printer, the Mac Mini found the network printer straightaway and then asked me what driver to install. I followed the instructions and installed the nearest one I could find: HP LaserJet...

Setting up my printer
I have a bog standard XP HE SP1 desktop and need to print at a distance of around ten metres. I have an Epson 2100 printer that takes firewire, usb or parallell input. I need to network it via my hub that has three spare wired connections available. How do I do it and what else do I need to purchase to do it. Any help appreciated. Apologies if I am asking in the wrong place. Ian On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:47:19 +0000, Ian Pollard <easthorton@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: >I have a bog standard XP HE SP1 desktop and need to print at a >distance of around ten metres. I have an Epson...

printer settings, how to?
Hi, Does ansi lisp has any standard functions for opening and using the printer(physical) stream. Or is there any standard package for doing that? On allegro there is "with-output-to-printer", but I am facing problems using it. In particular I am not able to find a parameter( or some setting) which will let me print without worrying about making sure that it automatically forces a new-page when the current page is full. Is there any help or documentation on how to use a printer? I am using Window XP as the OS. Thanks in advance. -- Surendra Singhi www.public.asu.edu/~sksin...

printer server
Hi everyone, I have a printer server, and clients. All machines running which Windows 2000. My problem is when new user login in one client machine, he hasn't the printer of the server. Exists some way so that all users even have it? (Active Directory, local register.) Exists some way by? thanks for all My excuses for my English language ...

Printer server
I have a small network, PCs and iMac, and I'm looking for a printer server. I like Netgear PS110. Does anybody has any experience of using it in a mix environment Mac/PC ? Any comments ? Thanks - Tom -- --- Mr.Ter[no #spam]ntlworld.com ...

Printer Settings
PSP 8 retains the printer settings in the print dialogue box after closing and reopening the program. But the driver settings for the paper type (accessed through the properties button) go back to the default settings every time the program is closed. I have a good printing program that retains the driver settings(QIMAGE), and it is very convenient. Any way to do this in PSP? TIA Galanw ...

Printer Settings
PSP 8 retains the printer settings in the print dialogue box after closing and reopening the program. But the driver settings for the paper type (accessed through the properties button) go back to the default settings every time the program is closed. I have a good printing program that retains the driver settings(QIMAGE), and it is very convenient. Any way to do this in PSP? TIA Galanw ...

Phaser printers and LED printers
I have need to purchase, for a small office environment, a printer for color brochures. It needs to handle speeds in the 10-20 pages per minute range and mainly for letter size paper. Target price is $1000-1200. I prefer something other than inkjet printers for this application, and recent color laser printer output I've seen is quite good. There seem to be several models from the major manufacturers available for under a grand, but they seem to cluster around 4 pages per minute in color, which is too slow. We will be printing runs of a few hundred pages at a time, probably 2-3 times a month. The Xerox Phaser 8200 looks good; it is not a laser printer, but it's output is very nice, and consumables seem to have reasonable cost. The Oki 5300 also seems to fill the bill, but I believe that it's an LED printer, and I've been warned that LED printers can have registration problems. Would any kind soul care to share their views on this topic??? TIA, Dwight Huffman In article <3FA089D2.5FFC9088@gte.net>, Dwight Huffman <d.huffman@gte.net> writes > >The Xerox Phaser 8200 looks good; it is not a laser printer, but it's >output is very nice, and consumables seem to have reasonable cost. > I bought one of these nearly a month ago now, good output and pretty simple for adding ink etc. I've seen reports that you need to leave it on to avoid ink being used in cleaning cycles when powering on and off, ...

printer supplies or new printer
I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter feeding a Canon BJC210. I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 I need either ink cartidges for the printer, or a new printer that turbo will recognise. Any suggestion? (PS - sorry I use a Windows for internet and everything else.) "Letmesnapu2" <alan.r.archer@btinternet.com> wrote: > I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter > feeding a Canon BJC210. > > I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 > > I need either ink cartidges for ...

Web resources about - SET PRINTER TO \\Server\Printer error - comp.lang.xharbour

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

How is this top-notch wireless printer, scanner, copier and fax machine just $80?
... team so you know exactly where to look. We've got a bunch of great deals for you to check out today, and this bargain on the Brother Printer ...

Here's how to trick a fingerprint scanner in just 15 minutes with nothing but a printer and some fancy ...
It's possible to trick a smartphone's fingerprint scanner with just 15 minutes, a regular inkjet printer, and some special ink. Researchers ...