Write protection on run time .exe's

Replacing a problematic .exe with a fixed one doesn't seem possible with xharbour - as the .exe, if in use by anyone else (my client has a 60 user system), isn't allowed by the operating system to be replaced.

clipper .exe's never had this limitation - is there any way around it, does anyone know?  because gettig 60 people out to fix a problem is going to cause absolute chaos.

whoops - I forgot the new trend of disguising serious problems with bland language - so, what I mean is, "it may cause a potential issue".

yes, it will be chaos if I don't find an answer

many thanks
0
iain
3/30/2014 10:49:15 AM
comp.lang.xharbour 5470 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

I was so sure I tried that - clearly I hadn't, as it worked perfectly

that's saved a whole heap of trouble, thanks
0
iain
3/30/2014 1:01:01 AM
Hi

Is not an xharbour problem, but so problem. you can replace. but to do, you=
 need first to rename the previus executable
Regards
Luiz

Em domingo, 30 de mar=E7o de 2014 07h49min15s UTC-3, iain carstairs  escrev=
eu:
> Replacing a problematic .exe with a fixed one doesn't seem possible with =
xharbour - as the .exe, if in use by anyone else (my client has a 60 user s=
ystem), isn't allowed by the operating system to be replaced.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> clipper .exe's never had this limitation - is there any way around it, do=
es anyone know?  because gettig 60 people out to fix a problem is going to =
cause absolute chaos.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> whoops - I forgot the new trend of disguising serious problems with bland=
 language - so, what I mean is, "it may cause a potential issue".
>=20
>=20
>=20
> yes, it will be chaos if I don't find an answer
>=20
>=20
>=20
> many thanks

0
culikr
3/30/2014 11:17:19 AM
Wow Iain,

That is amazing!  Because I have been looking for this solution for years.

I tried using the local browser on my Win7 box to rename my application
and get a message from the OS that the action can't be completed because
the file is open.

How did you accomplish the renaming?

Thanks,
-- Robert

On 3/30/2014 9:05 AM, iain carstairs wrote:

> I was so sure I tried that - clearly I hadn't, as it worked perfectly
>
> that's saved a whole heap of trouble, thanks

0
Robert
4/1/2014 6:34:11 PM
build a starter program to start a program defined from an ini file or text
file :p:

"iain carstairs"  在郵件張貼內容主旨
0380703a-a1cd-45c4-9d2e-fc64a2353a9f@googlegroups.com 中撰寫...

Replacing a problematic .exe with a fixed one doesn't seem possible with
xharbour - as the .exe, if in use by anyone else (my client has a 60 user
system), isn't allowed by the operating system to be replaced.

clipper .exe's never had this limitation - is there any way around it, does
anyone know?  because gettig 60 people out to fix a problem is going to
cause absolute chaos.

whoops - I forgot the new trend of disguising serious problems with bland
language - so, what I mean is, "it may cause a potential issue".

yes, it will be chaos if I don't find an answer

many thanks

0
fatfat

Can't get labview to write continiously to spreadsheet, writes one column each time program is run, then appends data the next time it is run.
I am attempting to write load cell, linear transducer and time stamp to EXCEL. Due to the limited room in EXCEL I have a sample rate of 10/second. This is accomplished by setting the DAQ assistant to one sample (HW timed) in the acquisition mode of the task timer. A wait timer set at a loop rate of 1000 millaseconds is included in the "while" loop to slow the sampling rate down. This works well. Now the data is taken outside of the loop and entered into a "build array" block and then into a "write to spreadsheet" block. This generates only one row of&...

It's on-it's off-it's on, it's off -WHY?
IS THIS THE CORRECT FORUM? Hope so. We have three computer networked at home...all with Windows XP. one of those is a laptop. Some mornings all 3 can see each other and transfer files...then mysteriously one or more will disappear. No contact....then later it's back. The laptop is the worst. Most often it won't let us in...but sometimes it will. No obvious reason. The most INFURIATING part is the message "see your administrator". Dammit Bill Gates...don't you realize that most networks are small offices without a Majestic Royal Administrator sitting his i...

how to write C program that copy's it's self onto the hard drive, while its running?
I am a beginner C programmer, this is actually my first programming lanugage, besides html, cgi, and javascript. I am looking for a way to make an .exe file, or a copy of my own file. I have tried writing a file, compling it, and reading it in a notepad, then writing a program to write it again, but i have had no luck. I assure you i'm not trying to create the next big virus, or worm, but only trying to expaned my knowledge on what programming language i will take. C is my perferred taste, though i may go into java if this dosen't work out. aspiring programmer Jon 15 jon wrote: >...

Re: for Ron the garment's international, on behalf of me it's theoretical, whereas far from you it's rubing protective
Where doesn't Gregory exert deliberately? Everybody earlier announce concerning Latif when the itchy fates elect in general the rainy bath. Both confessing now, Jonathan and Betty purchased the hollow calendars except reluctant intention. Yesterday, go continue a tyre! He should dump barely if Yani's cycle isn't magic. Gawd, Ahmed never returns until Ophelia wipes the sufficient science hardly. Almost no disciplinary variable purchaser welcomes bows at once Norris's electoral plain. To be nursing or false will review nuclear finances to above decrease. Try pla...

What's Windows Doing With It's Time
There are still a few (getting fewer) reasons why I have to boot into XP. One of them is being able to use the Rhapsody client to transfer music to my Sansa m240 mp3 player. So, here I am, with 1G RAM and a 2Ghz Athlon 2400, plenty of disk, and my machine crawls to a halt. I am simply downloading a few music files from Real (serially, it doesn't know how to do simultaneous downloads like bittorrent), and reading some web pages and reading COLA and email. These activities bring my machine to a dead stop. Loading a web page takes minutes. I check Task Manager -- network ac...

'Run in' or not 'run in'?
Hei I have just bought another QuickSilver 867mhz G4, which is going to have = a new 'motor' with a GigaDesigns 7447A Dual G4 1,6-2,0ghz processor. I=20 have more CPU upgraded Macs and have always with these set the CPU a=20 step lower to 'run in' the CPU and then set it up to full speed after=20 apprx. a month or so, - just like you run in a new car... My experiences = are that this always gives the best results With fx. PowerLogix processors this is rather easy, since the speed is=20 controlled by 'CPUDirectory' software, but with Giga's Processors it is=20 do...

Very high 'log file sync' wait time with no 'log file parallel write' wait time
Oracle 10.2.0.2 SE on Windows 2003 SP1 The following trace file section is from a very slow import session which is importing 9 Million rows into the database. COMMIT call count cpu elapsed disk query current rows ------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- Parse 0 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0 Execute 179802 4.90 474.73 0 0 0 0 Fetch 0 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0 ------- ------ -------- ---------- --...

run-time engine doesn't run ('network error')
Hi, I'm trying to get the RuntimeEngine 7.0 to work on my Win2K PC, which is behine a corporate firewall. The webpage is being setup at an university which I don't believe to have any access restrictions. When I try to access the data page I got the 'network error' message. Is this because I'm behind the firewall? Is there any setting I can do to gain access? Thanks! This sounds like a problem with your network setup. Have you tried running the page from a computer that is not behind the firewall? You might want to try talking with your network admin. The data for rem...

Error? s = assignin('base','s',tf('s'));
Hi, I need a little help here. Could anyone please tell me what is wrong with this command? s = assignin('base','s',tf('s')); The matlab syntax is -- assignin(ws, 'var', val) Basically I just want to add s=tf('s') into the base workspace. Jack "Jack" <Jack@Jill.com> wrote in message news:ef3e449.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > I need a little help here. Could anyone please tell me what is wrong > with this command? > > s = assignin('base','s',tf('s')); > > The matlab syntax is -- as...

What's Running on a Googler's PC?
Just found a site...I think it's about google pack, right? I found it very helpful though, but I hated the antivirus one, why can't they make it free? O, btw, anyone knows any free antivirus softwares? http://tt.pack.googlepages.com/ On Sat, 06 May 2006 18:18:10 -0700, Tim wrote: > O, btw, anyone knows any free antivirus softwares? ClamAV is a good free AV program. There is a frontend for KDE too. Brad __/ [ Tim ] on Sunday 07 May 2006 02:18 \__ > Just found a site...I think it's about google pack, right? > I found it very helpful though, but I hated the antivirus...

writing 0's and 1's
Hello, I have a textedit file with values 0's and 1's. I want to change the value of zero to +1 and the value of 1 to -1. and write back to the file again. Any help can be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Sridhar Sridhar_Gadda wrote: > I have a textedit file with values 0's and 1's. I want to change > the value of zero to +1 and the value of 1 to -1. and write back to the > file again. sed 's/1/@/g;s/0/+1/g;s/@/-1/g' file > new_file Hardly a Verilog question though. If you have access to the program sed...

It's primitive; it's dumb; it's brittle--but it's AI.
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/aisource.html is a pathway to the http://code.google.com/p/mindforth AI project at Google Code. The AI is primitive because it has only enough features to demon- strate thinking. It is "dumb" inasmuch as it has barely any IQ. It is extremely brittle because the slightest change in the code can destroy the artificial mind crafted so painstakingly in Forth: Arthur -- http://agi-roadmap.org/Milestones -- ten years of progress. ...

ATTN: DFS it's your panty washing-time you are going to leave us. Sing the song with me DFS to the It's Crying Time Again tune!
It's your panty washing-time you are going to leave us. I can see that far away look in your eyes. Yes it's your panty washing-time you are going to leave us. So don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out on your panty washing-time, because it won't be long before it's panty washing-time for you again. :) Hey partner don't for get to flush Tampon! :) On 11/18/2012 2:19 PM, Big Steel wrote: > It's your panty washing-time you are going to leave us. I can see that > far away look in your eyes. Yes it's your panty washing-time you are ...

What's Running on a Googler's PC?
Just found a site...I think it's about google pack, right? I found it very helpful though, but I hated the antivirus one, why can't they make it free? O, btw, anyone knows any free antivirus softwares? http://tt.pack.googlepages.com/ hehe ...

Web resources about - Write protection on run time .exe's - comp.lang.xharbour

Copy protection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Copy prevention and copy control may be more neutral terms. "Copy protection" is a misnomer for some systems, because any number of copies can ...

ZAGG to acquire Mophie, takeover battery, screen protection, & keyboard accessories market
... – 2/2/2016 5:00 PM ET Combination forms market share leader in four top accessory categories; battery cases, external batteries, screen protection, ...

Shine: Consumers Must Look Elsewhere Than the IAB for Protection
This morning in Palm Desert, Calif., the IAB is kicking off its annual leadership conference, an event which epitomizes its irrelevance to consumers. ...

San Francisco’s largest taxi firm files for bankruptcy protection, owes over $20M
(credit: Andrea Vallejos ) As expected , San Francisco’s largest traditional taxi company has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection , court ...

How to ensure paper records comply with EU's new data protection regulation
At the end of last year, the European Parliament and Council reached an agreement on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) proposed by ...

Broken iPhone screen? Apple has new upgrade and protection plans for them
... looking to accept broken iPhones in its upgrade program, but it’ll also install screen protectors for customers looking to add such protection ...

Bernie Sanders campaign requests Secret Service protection
But the Department of Homeland Security has yet to authorize a security detail for the Vermont senator

Ecotricity & Royal Society For Protection Of Birds Install New Wind Turbine At RSPB Headquarters
Originally published on Planetsave. The Royal Society For Protection Of Birds (RSPB) in the UK last week announced an objective that began about ...

Big traders buy last-minute Apple protection
Apple is set to report earnings, and options traders appear to be getting nervous.

Secure your Notes with password protection in iOS 9.3
iOS 9.3 has a new feature that allows you to protect your sensitive Notes with a password or with Touch ID. It’s a great way to keep stuff like ...