can I use desktop hard drive as external laptop drive?

Hi.  My mom gave me her old compaq presario 1200 because my desktop
motherboard burnt out and I couldn't afford to fix it.  The hard drive
in my laptop is very small, and all of my old files are still on the
hard drive from my desktop, which still is in good condition.  Is
there a way to connect the old hard drive (it's an internal drive)to
my laptop?

thanks,
Kristie
0
kjd183
1/22/2004 11:03:37 PM
comp.laptops 2878 articles. 0 followers. bluewatercorvette (11) is leader. Post Follow

yes,
get an external drive box for about $40, they make in USB or FWire
connection, or both.
I did it, works great.

--
Dennis Savatski
"Kristie" <kjd183@psu.edu> wrote in message
> Hi.  My mom gave me her old compaq presario 1200 because my desktop
> motherboard burnt out and I couldn't afford to fix it.  The hard drive
> in my laptop is very small, and all of my old files are still on the
> hard drive from my desktop, which still is in good condition.  Is
> there a way to connect the old hard drive (it's an internal drive)to
> my laptop?
>
> thanks,
> Kristie

0
Dennis
1/23/2004 3:40:33 AM
Thanks a lot.  :)
-Kristie

"Dennis Savatski" <sava7@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<QI0Qb.103365$sv6.473829@attbi_s52>...
> yes,
> get an external drive box for about $40, they make in USB or FWire
> connection, or both.
> I did it, works great.
>
> --
> Dennis Savatski
> "Kristie" <kjd183@psu.edu> wrote in message
> > Hi.  My mom gave me her old compaq presario 1200 because my desktop
> > motherboard burnt out and I couldn't afford to fix it.  The hard drive
> > in my laptop is very small, and all of my old files are still on the
> > hard drive from my desktop, which still is in good condition.  Is
> > there a way to connect the old hard drive (it's an internal drive)to
> > my laptop?
> >
> > thanks,
> > Kristie
0