CD/DVD Replacement for Toshiba Satellite 1115-S123

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Can anyone suggest a replacement or tell me what models of CDR/DVD players
are compatible with the Toshiba Satellite 1115-S123.  I have in it a SD-
R2212, but have not had much luck finding an "affordable" one online.  Was
wondering what other models would be compatible with it?

Thanks

0
Reply cirohpue 4/25/2005 4:39:26 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.laptops 2874 articles. 5 followers. Post

Toshiba Satellite 1115-S123 Replacement DVD/CDR
Can anyone suggest a replacement or tell me what models of CDR/DVD players are compatible with the Toshiba Satellite 1115-S123. I have in it a SD- R2212, but have not had much luck finding an "affordable" one online. Was wondering what other models would be compatible with it? Thanks Those models and compatible models are widely available on E-Bay. cirohpue wrote: > Can anyone suggest a replacement or tell me what models of CDR/DVD players > are compatible with the Toshiba Satellite 1115-S123. I have in it a SD- > R2212, but have not had much luck finding an &quo...

Need a replacement for CD-RW/DVD drive for Toshiba Satellite
Hello, Can anyone point to a place where I can find a reasonably-priced replacement for a dead CD-RW/DVD drive in a Toshiba Satellite 5005-S504. I've been hunting around and only found one place that had them and they wanted $329! The computer itself isn't worth a whole lot more than that. If there aren't any cheaper replacements, is there a compatible drive that is just a CD or CD/DVD that would fit? That would at least allow boots from the CD and watching DVD's. Lastly, how do you remove/replace this drive? There seems to be only one screw holding it in the c...

CD-Burner or DVD-Burner for a Toshiba Satellite 1115-s107?
Hi. My friend has a Toshiba Satellite 1115-s107. It only had a CD/DVD player in it and it is acting up. I was wondering if anyone has replaced this drive on this model with a CD or DVD-Burner before? If so, what brand and model of CD or DVD-Burner do I need to use to make a perfect fit with this notebook? Thanks. Ryan Cabanas ...

replace DVD reader/CD burner of Toshiba Satellite 1900-101
Hello, A friend has his DVD reader/CD burner of his laptop fail. The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite 1900-101 (bought in may 2002 in France) avec CD/DVD is Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R2102 Do you known what is the best choice to replace the CD/DVD (by antoher DVD reader/CD burner or pehaps a DVD burner) on this laptop ? And how buy it in France? just add a DVD/CD burner USB external -- Dennis Savatski "Gilles Vollant" <info@winimage.com> wrote in message news:3ff71d9d$0$22332$626a54ce@news.free.fr... > Hello, > > > > A friend has his DVD reader/CD burner of his...

REPLACE CD-ROM DRIVE WITH DVD OF TOSHIBA SATELLITE 1800-314
Hi all, I have a Toshiba Satellite 1800-314 that I want to replace the original CD-ROM drive with a DVD drive. I have replaced with a DVD of an ACER ASPIRE of my friend. The result is that the Aspire run correctly with the CD-ROM of Toshiba, instead of Toshiba that don't boot (is stopped at the drawing "Toshiba" of bios) with the DVD drive of Aspire. Also I have tested the Toshiba senza without CD-ROM drive and don't boot. Why Toshiba don't boot without a CD-ROM drive? The boot sequence set up is : FLOPPY-HD-CD. Also if I change the sequence the result is the same! Can...

restore toshiba satellite
I am trying to clear everything from my computer, and would like to run the restore cd (cd that comes with computer), but the cd/dvd drive is not working at all. Is there a way to install the cd onto an external hard-drive and then boot it from there? Any other alternatives, other than buying/fixing cd/dvd drive? beginner wrote: > I am trying to clear everything from my computer, and would like to > run the restore cd (cd that comes with computer), but the cd/dvd drive > is not working at all. Is there a way to install the cd onto an > external hard-drive and then boot...

Replacing CD drive of Toshiba Satellite 1150
I am wishing to replace the CD-ROM on my Toshiba Satellite 1150 with a CD-RW. How is this done?. I don't see how to get the existiong drive out. How do I do this? Thanks in advance for any help/assistance I can get. I do a lot of work on my desktop units, but the notebook looks a bit more difficult. ...

Toshiba Satellite 1105 DVD ROM replacement
I have an out of warranty Toshiba Satellite 1105 with a bad DVD drive. I have purchased the replacement drive. I now need to figure out how to replace the drive. I can not figure out how to crack the case in order to get at the DVD. How do I replace the drive? Thanks in advance for your help Clark Merrill Baltimore MD PS This is my first Usenet post in 6 years! On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 03:09:48 GMT, "Clark Merrill" <vze26gg4@verizon.net> wrote: :>I have an out of warranty Toshiba Satellite 1105 with a bad DVD drive. :> :> I have purchased the replacement drive. ...

Toshiba Satellite 5205 series
I have a friend trying to replace the DVD drive on a 5205-s702, and it's more trouble than she expected. I haven't looked at it myself, but she's pretty good at this kind of thing so if it's giving her trouble it must be difficult. Can anybody give me a lead on a repair manual for this series? I've seen people selling CDs with PDFs of these on Ebay but a download would get her up and running a lot faster. Alternatively, if it's not that complicated and somebody could just tell me how to swap out the DVD drive on one of these... Andy According to the instructions I...