CD/DVD Replacement for Toshiba Satellite 1115-S123

Can anyone suggest a replacement or tell me what models of CDR/DVD players
are compatible with the Toshiba Satellite 1115-S123.  I have in it a SD-
R2212, but have not had much luck finding an "affordable" one online.  Was
wondering what other models would be compatible with it?

Thanks

0
cirohpue
4/25/2005 4:39:26 PM
comp.laptops 2877 articles. 0 followers. bluewatercorvette (11) is leader. Post Follow

DVD-RAM in Indigo2 RO ?
Hello, just got me another SCSI DVD-RAM drive at ebay :-) it seems to be fine in my Indigo2 R10k IP28 but keeps telling me there�s a RO filesystem on it. What am I missing eventually? It is reported as UDF, and that ought to be a RW filesystem AFAIK. Some system software missing? TIA Walther Walther Mathieu wrote: >Hello, >just got me another SCSI DVD-RAM drive at ebay :-) >it seems to be fine in my Indigo2 R10k IP28 but >keeps telling me there�s a RO filesystem on it. >What am I missing eventually? It is reported as UDF, >and that ought to be a ...

FA: LEARN to READ Space Adventure CD-ROM
Find at: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AUCTI0NST0P For Children's Games, Educational, Language & Recreational Software ...

CD driver for vxWorks
Hi there! I am looking for a way to implement my own CD-Driver in vxWorks. I want to implement it in a way so that I can use functions like fopen, fclose, fseek ... to access the CD-drive: FILE* f = fopen( "CD:/foo.txt", "rb"); I didn't find a way to get this thing done and i do not have access to the source code of dosFsLib. I can access the flash-fs and the ram drive through the "FLASH:/" and "RAM:/". Can anyone of you please give me a hint where to start? Thanks in advance, Nicolas ...

JASC Photo Album 5 Bad CD
I received Photo Album 5 CD (Upgrade) today and when I tried to install I got an error that "Windows cannot read this disk, it is corrupted or in a format that windows cannot read." I thought maybe my Sony DVD 510A had gone south but I got the same error from my Plextor CD drive. Since I had uninstalled Version 4, I figured maybe it could not detect a prior version and would not run. I reinstalled Version 4 and that worked fine. I then tried to install Version 5 again and the system cannot read the disk. Tech Support was closed and there is no current forum for this...

I need some CLEAR CD's
I use clear CD's to make some radio dials for antique radios. Usually, a spindle of CD's has one a clear one at the top or bottom of the stack, for spacing and/or surface protection, I guess. Anyway, if anyone has a few lying around, they could help me out by sending them to me. I'll pay .50 each by return check, or by PayPal, plus your 1st class postage. A few brands have clear ones that are much thinner than their regular CD's, and those I don't want. I need ones that are about as thick and sturdy as a regular CD. A few scratches won't hurt my applicatio...

oncheck -cD errors
All: I'm seeing bazillions of these errors on some tables when I run oncheck -cD: WARNING: data page 0xe495 in tablespace 0x4f00002 appears to be more or less full than is indicated in the bitmap. Bitmap mode: 0xc, Calculated mode: 0x4. WARNING: The bitmap mode for page 0xe495 has been reset from 0xc to 0x4. Anything to worry about? Thanks, - TJG On Aug 26, 11:36 pm, "Thomas J. Girsch" <tgir...@NOSPAM.gmail.com> wrote: > All: > > I'm seeing bazillions of these errors on some tables when I run oncheck -cD: > ...

All the latest DVD's and Video Games !
We've got special offers, news, reviews, chat, prizes... way too much to list here! Use the search box above or browse our sites listed on the blue menu bars to find more of our great products & services. Below are just a few of our amazing offers. http://www.swoopon.com/Swoopon/Video+Game.htm ...

Both Internal Floppy & 3.5 CD Drives
Doesn't any notebook/laptop manufacturer do this anymore? Surely I can't be the only person on the planet who really still would like this and uses both on a daily basis? (Well, maybe I am!) My Dell Inspiron 8200 1.6, 256, has both. I just got in a new Inspiron 8500 today, and I'm trying to decide whether to send it back and just stick with what I have. <hangs lip> But the new one sure would be a step up in processor speed and RAM (2.6, 512), if I could live with the swappy-outty deal all the time. Sounds like a pain to me. Sara How internal does have to be? My C800 h...

Is it possible to use SCSI DVD to work on Amiga?
Hello All, It's been while since I used my Amiga, I have A4000T (CyberstormPPC) and I am looking to buy new CDRW but could I buy a DVD Burner instead and Burn DVD Amiga programs (hard drive backup) on a DVD disc and if so any Amiga burning software surport it.I know It wouldn't be possible to play DVD movies on my machine.Thanks for your support.MS "Amigaman" <chrysleraustralia@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:<1116583175.936099.204780@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>... > Hello All, > It's been while since I used my Amiga, I have A4000T (Cybe...

FS: Cyberdome VIRTUAL Battle Ground PC CD-ROM
Interested in the Item See link for details: http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?query=virtual&srchdesc=y&sid=20887405&store=seals4-deals&colorid=10&fp=0&st=2&fsoo=1&fsop=1&submit=Search ...

CD-I/CD-RTOS
Hi, I am a programmer at our firm and am researching the possibilities regarding CD-RTOS and the old CD-I Phillips Player. We have some training titles that were created back in the 1990's, and our Phillips players are just about beyond repair. I have a few questions, if someone could assist: 1) I am able to pull all the files off of the CD-I cds, and onto my PC. They seem to have been created with MediaMogul, since the files seem to match the output of the script2disc utility (looked at it's docs). Since I have all the files, including the CD-I program (the ..MM1 f...

Cino
Spellings Computer Services Ltd, the team who brought you Aemulor, the 26-bit emulator for Iyonix PC, are pleased to announce details of their next project. "Cino" The project itself consists of three major parts. 1. Software DVD Player 2. DVD filing system 3. Digital surround sound output 1. DVD Player ------------- A world-first for RISC OS, Cino is a software DVD player for the Iyonix PC and RISC OS 5. Using some of the advanced hardware features only present in the Iyonix PC, Cino can playback the high resolution video and digital sound found on DVD Videos within your ...

FS: Dune PC CD-ROM
Interested in the Item See link for details: http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?wp_ml=0&query=dune&srchdesc=y&sid=20887405&store=AUCTI0NST0P&colorid=10&fp=0&st=2&fsoo=1&fsop=1&submit=Search ...

FS: Missile COMMANDER PC CD-ROM #2
Interested in the Item See link for details: http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?wp_ml=0&query=missile&srchdesc=y&sid=20887405&store=seals4deals&colorid=10&fp=0&st=2&fsoo=1&fsop=1&submit=Search We give you MORE than others with FAST efficient despatch and FREE postal insurance. With OUR Full Money back guarantee for faulty software including the cost of returning the item. Visit our store to see our feedback, we have thousands of satisfied customers Find this and more at our fully searchable EBAY shop: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/se...

CD-ROM stopped working
I was playing "The Dark Eye" Saturday on my PowerMac 7200/90 (OS 7.5.3), and the CD-ROM started cutting out, then the machine froze up. After reboot, I couldn't get any CD to show up on the desktop - SCSIProbe sees the drive just fine, but the disc won't even spin up when inserted. TechTool says the system is clean. I tried plugging in an external CD_ROM and it wouldn't work either. I took the machine apart and swapped the external CD-ROM in place of the old internal (both are Apple branded), and it worked very briefly before failing again. I swapped the hard...

DVD reader access error
Hello, I have installed a Ubuntu 7.04 OS on my computer, and have a problem with the DVD drive. It is seen and installed properly - apparently. When I put a CD in the drive, the unit is mounted, and I can browse the content. But any file I try to access is corrupted (I get data access errors). This drive performs well under windows, and I made the Ubuntu installation from the LiveCD, so it is not a hardware problem, nor an error on the CD itself. When I boot from the LiveCD, I can access any file with no error. But when I boot from the installed OS on the hard drive, the data corruptio...

COPY with replacing within copybook is it possible
I am trying to do this in a copy book 01 ws-data 02 ws-name pic x(40) 02 ws-addr pic x(200). 02 ws-addr-parsed redefines ws-addr. copy addrpars replacing =='xx'== by =='ws'==. any help is appreciated. thanks eowyn wrote: > I am trying to do this in a copy book > > 01 ws-data > 02 ws-name pic x(40) > 02 ws-addr pic x(200). > 02 ws-addr-parsed redefines ws-addr. > copy addrpars replacing =='xx'...

which linux live-cd for older mac?
Hallo, I'm a strict linux-guy (on x86) and never had to deal with a mac. Now I got my hands on an old iBook (~3 years old, 400MHz, currently running OS 9.1 or something like that) and want to boot (not install !!) linux. My google-search lead me to gentoo livecd for ppc, but I also discoverd unfamiliar terms like "old world" and "new world" and that there are some problems with "old world"-machines and newer live-cd-releases and that there might be troubles to get the mac booting from the cd without a extra boot-disk and stuff like that. I looked at the...

Question about replacing the Charaters rom C64
Hi to all, I have a problem with the ROM of the characters 901225-01 how is he possible replace it with a eprom 2764 or 27128 ? The problem is than the original ROM has 24 pin, while the Eprom 2764 - 27128 has 28 of it Does an adapter exist? Anybody has the scheme if he could take the place it? Hi have the file and the eprom prgrammer for can do it excuse my for the bad English Many thanks Luigi "LM" <lmodoni@libero.it> wrote in message news:2cixb.149780$e6.5428153@twister2.libero.it... > Hi to all, > I have a problem with the ROM of the characters 901225-01 > how ...

Replacing the hard drive on my Dell 600m
Hi, I am going to have to replace the drive on my Dell 600m laptop soon. I have never done this one laptop before without reinstalling everything, so I wondered if someone here could let me know the best way to clone my old drive on to the new one. I would rather not have to recreate my whole system at this point and instead find a way to transfer everything from the old one to the new one in bootable state. Help would be greatly appreciated. -- //ceed ceed <ceed@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijk.com> wrote: : Hi, : I am going to have to repl...

cd-text in audio cd
I need read the TOC of a audio cd for save the title songs y a data base. How can i do it? Thanx Theasker "Mauri" <Theasker_qutaesto@terra.es> wrote: >I need read the TOC of a audio cd for save the title songs y a data base. >How can i do it? > >Thanx > >Theasker > An audio CD does not normally have a table of contents that includes the song titles. You would need to connect to a service such as CDDB (http://www.gracenote.com/gn_products/cddb.html). CDDB provides this information by looking up a database using a hash code formed by using the track len...

Dumping CD Contents to filesystem
Hi Friends.. I'm trying to install a p650 lpar that doesn't have access to a CD-DVD drive. Would it be best to dump the CD contents of the OS Volumes onto a filesystem, or create a NIM server.. And how would I dump the CD contents on to a filesystem (is it just a cp -rp), And what would be the steps in Smitty to create a NIM server, that I could install AIX 5.3 off ? Thanks a lot In article <24HRf.34$O94.135@news.oracle.com>, User <user@example.net> wrote: > Hi Friends.. > > I'm trying to install a p650 lpar that doesn't have access to a CD-DVD &...

FS: Brand New WORLD of Houseplants Cd-ROM
Interested in the Item See link for details: http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?wp_ml=0&query=houseplants&srchdesc=y&sid=20887405&store=AUCTI0NST0P&colorid=10&fp=0&st=2&fsoo=1&fsop=1&submit=Search We give you MORE than others with FAST efficient despatch and FREE postal insurance. With OUR Full Money back guarantee for faulty software including the cost of returning the item. Visit our store to see our feedback, we have thousands of satisfied customers Find this and more at our fully searchable EBAY shop: http://stores.ebay....

CD burning
I know that this is off topic but I expect the people who know, will be here A writtable CD is allways pick up a bit of dust/lint from the tray or the mechanism when inserted. How is a successful burn achieved around speck of dust on the surface of the disk? -- faeychild On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 07:59:46 +0000, faeychild wrote: > > I know that this is off topic but I > expect the people who know, will be here A writtable CD is allways pick up > a bit of dust/lint from the tray or the mechanism when inserted. > > How is a successful burn achieved around speck of dust on t...

Toshiba A20-S103
I have recently purchased this notebook and I would like if anyone have installed mandrake 9.1 on it. Is everthing detected? Any problems? TIA. Sor ...