CD/DVD Replacement for Toshiba Satellite 1115-S123

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Can anyone suggest a replacement or tell me what models of CDR/DVD players
are compatible with the Toshiba Satellite 1115-S123.  I have in it a SD-
R2212, but have not had much luck finding an "affordable" one online.  Was
wondering what other models would be compatible with it?

Thanks

0
Reply cirohpue 4/25/2005 4:39:26 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.laptops 2876 articles. 5 followers. Post

Toshiba Satellite 1115-S123 Replacement DVD/CDR
Can anyone suggest a replacement or tell me what models of CDR/DVD players are compatible with the Toshiba Satellite 1115-S123. I have in it a SD- R2212, but have not had much luck finding an "affordable" one online. Was wondering what other models would be compatible with it? Thanks Those models and compatible models are widely available on E-Bay. cirohpue wrote: > Can anyone suggest a replacement or tell me what models of CDR/DVD players > are compatible with the Toshiba Satellite 1115-S123. I have in it a SD- > R2212, but have not had much luck finding an &quo...

Need a replacement for CD-RW/DVD drive for Toshiba Satellite
Hello, Can anyone point to a place where I can find a reasonably-priced replacement for a dead CD-RW/DVD drive in a Toshiba Satellite 5005-S504. I've been hunting around and only found one place that had them and they wanted $329! The computer itself isn't worth a whole lot more than that. If there aren't any cheaper replacements, is there a compatible drive that is just a CD or CD/DVD that would fit? That would at least allow boots from the CD and watching DVD's. Lastly, how do you remove/replace this drive? There seems to be only one screw holding it in the c...

CD-Burner or DVD-Burner for a Toshiba Satellite 1115-s107?
Hi. My friend has a Toshiba Satellite 1115-s107. It only had a CD/DVD player in it and it is acting up. I was wondering if anyone has replaced this drive on this model with a CD or DVD-Burner before? If so, what brand and model of CD or DVD-Burner do I need to use to make a perfect fit with this notebook? Thanks. Ryan Cabanas ...

replace DVD reader/CD burner of Toshiba Satellite 1900-101
Hello, A friend has his DVD reader/CD burner of his laptop fail. The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite 1900-101 (bought in may 2002 in France) avec CD/DVD is Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R2102 Do you known what is the best choice to replace the CD/DVD (by antoher DVD reader/CD burner or pehaps a DVD burner) on this laptop ? And how buy it in France? just add a DVD/CD burner USB external -- Dennis Savatski "Gilles Vollant" <info@winimage.com> wrote in message news:3ff71d9d$0$22332$626a54ce@news.free.fr... > Hello, > > > > A friend has his DVD reader/CD burner of his...

REPLACE CD-ROM DRIVE WITH DVD OF TOSHIBA SATELLITE 1800-314
Hi all, I have a Toshiba Satellite 1800-314 that I want to replace the original CD-ROM drive with a DVD drive. I have replaced with a DVD of an ACER ASPIRE of my friend. The result is that the Aspire run correctly with the CD-ROM of Toshiba, instead of Toshiba that don't boot (is stopped at the drawing "Toshiba" of bios) with the DVD drive of Aspire. Also I have tested the Toshiba senza without CD-ROM drive and don't boot. Why Toshiba don't boot without a CD-ROM drive? The boot sequence set up is : FLOPPY-HD-CD. Also if I change the sequence the result is the same! Can...

restore toshiba satellite
I am trying to clear everything from my computer, and would like to run the restore cd (cd that comes with computer), but the cd/dvd drive is not working at all. Is there a way to install the cd onto an external hard-drive and then boot it from there? Any other alternatives, other than buying/fixing cd/dvd drive? beginner wrote: > I am trying to clear everything from my computer, and would like to > run the restore cd (cd that comes with computer), but the cd/dvd drive > is not working at all. Is there a way to install the cd onto an > external hard-drive and then boot...

Replacing CD drive of Toshiba Satellite 1150
I am wishing to replace the CD-ROM on my Toshiba Satellite 1150 with a CD-RW. How is this done?. I don't see how to get the existiong drive out. How do I do this? Thanks in advance for any help/assistance I can get. I do a lot of work on my desktop units, but the notebook looks a bit more difficult. ...

Toshiba Satellite 1105 DVD ROM replacement
I have an out of warranty Toshiba Satellite 1105 with a bad DVD drive. I have purchased the replacement drive. I now need to figure out how to replace the drive. I can not figure out how to crack the case in order to get at the DVD. How do I replace the drive? Thanks in advance for your help Clark Merrill Baltimore MD PS This is my first Usenet post in 6 years! On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 03:09:48 GMT, "Clark Merrill" <vze26gg4@verizon.net> wrote: :>I have an out of warranty Toshiba Satellite 1105 with a bad DVD drive. :> :> I have purchased the replacement drive. ...

Toshiba Satellite 5205 series
I have a friend trying to replace the DVD drive on a 5205-s702, and it's more trouble than she expected. I haven't looked at it myself, but she's pretty good at this kind of thing so if it's giving her trouble it must be difficult. Can anybody give me a lead on a repair manual for this series? I've seen people selling CDs with PDFs of these on Ebay but a download would get her up and running a lot faster. Alternatively, if it's not that complicated and somebody could just tell me how to swap out the DVD drive on one of these... Andy According to the instructions I...

help upgrading CD-DVD drive in Toshiba Satellite 1800
Does anyone have any knowledge / experience with removing and replacing the DVD drive in a Toshiba laptop? I currently have a Satellite 1800 that came with a CD-DVD drive. I would like to replace that drive with a CD-RW/DVD drive. Is this possible, and any idea how to do it? just get an external, it is easier and reliable alternative. -- Dennis Savatski "Chip Milosch" <cmilosch@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:708eeb0b.0310150925.610aaadc@posting.google.com... > Does anyone have any knowledge / experience with removing and > replacing the DVD drive in a Toshiba...

Problem with CD/DVD-ROM drive on Toshiba Satellite 3000
Hi Group, I'd be grateful for any suggestions regarding an odd problem with the CD/DVD-ROM drive on my girlfriend's Toshiba Satellite 3000 This machine has a CD/DVD-ROM drive that can be removed and replaced with a same shape 3.5" floppy drive or extra battery in the same slot on the front edge of the machine, lefthand side. A "modular" principle... The problem is that -- suddenly -- the CD/DVD-ROM combo drive will no longer read ANY data or audio CD, with Windows XP reporting that it cannot read the format or that the disc is damaged. However, Windows Explorer will reco...

Toshiba Satellite: How to play cd/dvd without booting OS
So this is clearly one of those "I am missing something obvious" questions... but here's the deal. Toshiba says that on its newer laptop models one can play a cd or dvd without booting up the OS. How? What am I missing? I can't find anything in the manual. Can't find anything on the website besides claims that it's possible. But I open the laptop, the screen comes on, I insert a DVD, it churns along... and then sits there. I don't see any external controls besides the volume knob. Same deal with a music CD. This isn't a crucial issue, of course, although i...

replace DVD drive Toshiba Satellite Pro A60 C2612
I have recently purchased a new ToshibaDVD drive for my Toshiba Satellite Pro 60 (sons asks why bother??)How do I get the old DVD drive out of the laptop?Do I need to unscrew all of the back screws on the back plate (they have numbers and letters) or do I just pull the DVD drive out in some way. If this is an upgrade, it's not a given that you will be able to install it (at all). If it's a same drive model replacement, it should be possible. I don't recognize your computer model from your description ("Satellite Pro 60"), in fact I service toshiba laptops and I'...

How to extract DVD/CD-RW drive from Toshiba Satellite laptop?
Hi, I have Toshiba Satellite A10 Series laptop. I have to extract the DVD/CD-RW from it but I don't know how to do it :-(. What is the procedure of extracting this drive? Photos of Toshiba's underside are situated on: http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=6536&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=75 in the massage from "trampen". Could anyone help me? Thanks for any advice Marek ...

On a Toshiba satellite A15 where would I buy a DVD-RW/CD-RW drive?
I would like to change my DVD/CD-RW to a DVD-RW/CD-RW. Can it be done? Where would be the best cheapest to get the drive? If that model of computer was offered with a DVD burner, then it's likely that you can just change the drive. Get the p/n of the drive from the service manual for the version that had the burner. In all probablility, if there is an A15 with a DVD burner, it and your A15 both have the same service manual. Note, just finding a copy of the service manual will, in and of itself, be difficult. Someone here who has access to that may post the p/n of the drive. You...

DVD-ROM/CD-RW upgrade of toshiba satellite 1905-s301
Hello all, I have toshiba satellite 1905-s301 laptop that comes with DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo drive. I am trying to upgrade this drive to internal DVD+RAM (DVD burner). But I am not sure what are the compatible drives available out there and who sells them. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks for your help in advance. Regards, -RY- ...

cd/dvd burner speed problem in toshiba satellite L20-183
I have a matshita uj-841s cd/dvd-burner in my toshiba satellite L20-183 laptop. According to the manual it should burn dvd-r/+r's with 8x max speed,but it won't - it allows me to burn with 2,4x speed only. I presume it's a dvd media problem (if not-plz tell me), therefore I'd like to find a list (as full as possible) of working ones - meaning those I can burn with max speed using the burner I have. The list in the notebook's manual is REALLY short and it contains media I can't find anywhere in stores in Poland (that's where I live), so if anyone knows where to find ...

Replacement for Toshiba SD-R2002 CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo drive
I have a Compaq Laptop with the Toshiba SD-R2002 CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo drive and wouldn't ya know it but just a few months out of warrantee and the drive goes south. Since I have to buy a replacement anyway, does anyone know of an electrically and physically compatible drive that's faster reading and writing CDs? How about one that can burn DVDs with the proper software? Thanks, Steve ...

Replacement for Toshiba CD-ROM
Hi guys What is the best replacement for the Toshiba CD-ROM... Contacting Toshiba is not really helping.... -- kind regards/mvh Niels S. Eliasen "Niels S. Eliasen" <nse@perseus.delfi-konsult.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8764wpul1j.fsf@perseus.delfi-konsult.com... > Hi guys > What is the best replacement for the Toshiba CD-ROM... > Contacting Toshiba is not really helping.... Ebay. When buying a new one i would like to prefer a Plextor. You dont have told us for what kind of SGI you have. The space in a origin/onyx2 and maybe also for the O2 is very limite...

how do I replace keybboard toshiba satellite?
I can't seem to find all the screws to open the case, is there a hidden one? Gary Siemer wrote: > I can't seem to find all the screws to open the case, is there a > hidden one? It is pretty standard that laptops are assembled from the bottom up so that the keyboard is the last piece assembled and the first piece removed. Removing all of the case screws, particularly the bottom screws, is not usually required. Look for a strip above the keyboard containing the power key, that slides to the right/left and lifts out, revealing the keyboard retaining screws. Older toshib...

Toshiba Satellite 1115-S103
I have a new hard drive to install in my labtop, but have not been able to figure out how to open the case. Toshiba is no help, but there has to be someone out there with the answer. Thanks The laptop has to be COMPLETELY disassembled. There are about 20 screws on the bottom, three and four at the back, then the keyboard is to be removed, the LCD screen removed and even MORE screws removed from the top case. Then there are many snaps that hold the cases together before you finally can actually GET to the system board and the hard drive. There is one screw that holds down the HDD and the F...

? Replacing CD Writer with DVD writer
Hi folks, have followed the instructions, but cannot remove the cd writer, it wont budge, I have only removed screws from the left side of the unit (as you face it), is there away to get the right side panel off ?? Are there screws on the right side Regards Pete Which Pavilion or whatever are you doing this on?? "Pete and Karen Burr" <nhburrs@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:7tZmb.132436$qj6.8850355@news1.news.adelphia.net... > Hi folks, have followed the instructions, but cannot remove the cd writer, > it wont budge, I have only removed screws from the left sid...

Toshiba satellite hard disk replacement
Hi... Is it possible to replace the hard disk (20Gb) in toshiba satellite 1900 with another one from another vendor? I think that the classic toshiba 2.5'' HD MK**18GAP is quite old and slow (4200 rpm) and I would like to put another brand which is cheaper and faster... Any recomendations (if this is possible) Thanks in advance "Nikos Kourkoumelis" <nkourkou@hotpop.com> wrote in comp.laptops: > Hi... Is it possible to replace the hard disk (20Gb) in toshiba > satellite 1900 with another one from another vendor? I think that the > classic toshiba 2.5'&...

Toshiba Satellite hard drive replacement
Hi people, A friend has a satellite (still waiting to get model # from her) and the hard drive is clicking, essentially dead. I want to replace the MK 6025 GAS drive in it, which is, I think, was an ATA-5. I have found some later 5400rpm drives that are ATA-6, (MK 6026 GAX) and they are about 30-bucks cheaper then the 6025. Is ATA-6 likely to be backwards compatible with ATA-5? If so, can I drop the 6026 in, in place of the old one? Thanks in advance Dave Yes, they are all backwards compatible. davenpete@gmail.com wrote: > Hi people, > > A friend has a satellite (still wai...