Express card slot???

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I just got a new that has an Express Card slot rather than a Cardbus slot.  Does
anyone know if any Express Cards are available yet?  I couldn't find anythingat
Newegg or Tiger Direct.

Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant.
Now I can do what I enjoy: Large Format Photography

Web Site: www.destarr.com
Reply David 1/31/2006 9:34:10 PM

See related articles to this posting

David Starr wrote:
> I just got a new that has an Express Card slot rather than a Cardbus slot.  Does
> anyone know if any Express Cards are available yet?  I couldn't find anythingat
> Newegg or Tiger Direct.

> Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant.
> Now I can do what I enjoy: Large Format Photography
>
> Web Site: www.destarr.com

Google "express card".  Last time I looked there was almost nothing
registered.

Reply Quaoar 2/1/2006 12:20:21 AM
comp.laptops 2876 articles. 5 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Non-PCI Express Graphics Card in a PCI Express slot?
Would a Radeon 9800 Pro (non-PCI Express card) work with, say, the Abit AA8XE motherboard? In article <1110173006.569517.184930@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "aether" <vercingetorix@hotmail.com> wrote: > Would a Radeon 9800 Pro (non-PCI Express card) work with, say, the Abit > AA8XE motherboard? The AGP slot is a parallel bus. PCI Express is a collection of serial busses. Completely different animal. While there are a few motherboards that have both an AGP slot and a PCI-E slot, the manufacturer cheated and actually used a PCI bus for the AGP slot. Such prod...

express card/54 slot on HP; any video cards for it yet?
Does anybody know if they have come out with a good video card yet that will fit in my express card/54 slot on my HPzd8000 laptop? I am also wondering how that would work when I can see no option in bios to disable the onboard video. I guess the express card will do that somehow. Gofer Jones wrote: > Does anybody know if they have come out with a good video card yet > that will fit in my express card/54 slot on my HPzd8000 laptop? > > I am also wondering how that would work when I can see no option in > bios to disable the onboard video. I guess the express card will do &g...

PCI or PCI-X cards in PCI Express slots
Do the new G5s with PCI Express accept PCI or PCI-X cards? I don't know if I will be able to use my old cards (adaptec 29160 and Sonnet Allegro FW800) Thanks for your guidance Galerada wrote: > Do the new G5s with PCI Express accept PCI or PCI-X cards? I don't know > if I will be able to use my old cards (adaptec 29160 and Sonnet Allegro > FW800) No, they are not compatible. dale -- dstanbro@spam.o.matic.bigpond.net.au Thanks for the info, Dale. In article <MrNoSpam-E6DC27.06472922102005@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Dale Stanbrough <MrNoSpam@bigpoop.net...

Are there any newer laptops with ieee 1394 (Firewire) or Express Card slots ??
Anybody know if there are any new(ish) laptops out there with ieee 1394(a) firewire or express card slots (non Apple), hopefully with backlit keyboards ??? I have an expensive and very good audio interface that is Firewire 400 and 800 compatible that I would rather keep using with a newer computer and my Macbook is getting old. I like my 3 year old Macbook Pro with these and I think the newer Macbooks have these interfaces, but I would rather not buy an Apple product again. I see that online laptop choices do NOT even tell if they have USB ports or how many ports there are. Very rare a...

Leopard issue with PCI card
The upgrade went fairly well on my G4 Dual 1.25ghz (MDD). One little problem though. I have 3 PCI cards on my computer. Ethernet, Firewire & USB.The Ethernet & Firewire cards work fine. The USB card I use for my printer and scanner are not working. When I connect the USB cable to the built in USB ports, they work but I need those for my mouse and keyboard. What's strange is that the 3 PCI cards show up on the System Profiler. I even moved the USB card from slot 5 to slot 2 and it recognizes the change, but the ports are dead. I suppose I need to get a new PCI card or hub. Can ...

sd card slot!
on the macbook pros. you don't say! :D don't like that they got rid of the express card slot though... On Jun 8, 8:08=A0am, ed <n...@atwistedweb.com> wrote: > on the macbook pros. =A0you don't say! =A0:D > > don't like that they got rid of the express card slot though... Is the SD card slot only good for memory sticks, or would it be possible to do other things with it? On Jun 8, 2:18=A0pm, Dave Fritzinger <dfrit...@hotmail.com> wrote: > On Jun 8, 8:08=A0am, ed <n...@atwistedweb.com> wrote: > > > on the macbook pros. =A0you don't...

RAM card slots?
Just messing with the IIe Platinum some more, and I've discovered what I was told was 4Mb was in fact a 1Mb card 32 x 4256s, which are 256Kx1 of course. However, it's not working in a logical fashion as a RAM disk. Specifically, the Workstation card in Slot 6, RAM in slot 7, disks in Slot 5 results in Apple II Desktop being copied to RAM disk at book and seemingly the server's HD is mounted with a RAM icon with no HD icon. Moving the card to slot 5 and shuffling the others up, results in the disk being marked with a Profile icon and no RAM disk. AppleWorks 1.1 can't see any ...

Business Cards Express
What do u think about this? www.businesscardsexpress.net Gio On 2007-01-25 02:51:00 -0600, "webmediaMI@gmail.com" <webmediaMI@gmail.com> said: > What do u think about this? (snip) Nothing at all. -- JR In article <1169715060.412037.16090@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com>, "webmediaMI@gmail.com" <webmediaMI@gmail.com> wrote: > What do u think about this? > > Gio Traffic whore -- DeeDee, don't press that button! DeeDee! NO! Dee... ...

PC card slots
One of the low-end laptops on sale today has no card PC card slot (I mean for PCMCIA type cards). That kinda struck me the wrong way, but I'm wondering whether it should. I don't have any specific plans to add anything, but I would like to be able to add something if the need ever arose duing the five years or so that I'll own the laptop. But I suppose the vast majority of laptop owners never use such a slot. What do you think? "Peabody" <waybackNO784SPAM44@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:mK_eh.18565$nJ1.6852@newsfe17.lga > One of the low-end laptops...

SD Card slot jammed!!
Hello, For the first time ever since my 49+ was replaced in july 2004, the SD card slot jammed. It won't release my card anymore. When I press the card, I don't hear the 'click' that releases the card and it is still locked in. I opened up the calc, the slot dosn't have any mechanical way to unlock the card. Has anyone ever had this problem? Any suggestions to get my card back without totally destroying the slot? If I can find the pin/leg (or whatever name it has) that is locking the card I could try to bend it Thanks, Claudio > Has anyone ever had this problem? Not ...

Slot 3 and a Z80 card
Can you put a Z80 card (AE Z80+) in Slot 3 of a IIe, even if you have an 80-column card in the Aux slot? Can you put a Z80 card (AE Z80+) in Slot 3 of a ROM 01 IIgs, or would that disable the built-in 80-column firmware and mean that 80-column text would not be possible on the IIgs? KP wrote: > Can you put a Z80 card (AE Z80+) in Slot 3 of a IIe, even if you have > an 80-column card in the Aux slot? > > Can you put a Z80 card (AE Z80+) in Slot 3 of a ROM 01 IIgs, or would > that disable the built-in 80-column firmware and mean that 80-column > text would not be possible on ...

PCI Slot/Card Question
If you are dealing with one PCI card, is there a way (from within a dll) to find out which PCI slot that card is inhabiting (1 or 2 or 6, etc.)? It doesn't matter if the solution is MFC, or straight C++/C, just has to be on a Windows machine. stwebmail@gmail.com wrote: > If you are dealing with one PCI card, is there a way (from within a > dll) to find out which PCI slot that card is inhabiting (1 or 2 or 6, > etc.)? It doesn't matter if the solution is MFC, or straight C++/C, > just has to be on a Windows machine. Not without Windows specific calls, and that's off...

Use of PCI Express Slots
I have a G5 desktop with some PCI Express slots and I was wondering what people did with these. From what I can tell, there are graphics boards, boards for adding firewire ports etc. but I was wondering if there are any other kinds of specialized boards that you use that might add some interesting functionality to the computer. Thanks. On 2006-08-17 18:18:13 -0700, "pixel_a_ted" <pixel_a_ted@yahoo.com> said: > I have a G5 desktop with some PCI Express slots and I was wondering > what people did with these. From what I can tell, there are graphics > boards, boards f...

Wild card or regular expression

PC Express slot Laptop

PCI express card problem
Hi, i have a problem which is about PCI express card. i added 2 PCI Express card in the PCI Expension Riser of system. At the bottom you see that i can see clearly cards via prtdiag but i can not see from cfgadm command, i tried devfsadm, reboot -- -r many times. do yu have any idea about what is the solution? Regards Ali ELMALI root@sincap # uname -a SunOS kuntakinte 5.9 Generic_118558-36 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V245 and prtdiag output Bus Freq Slot + Name + Type MHz Status Path Model ------ ---- ---------- ---------------------------- -...

Rom for cards in slots, how to access it?
Hi, I understand that a 256-byte piece of any card's rom is at addresses cX00-cXff where X is the slot number. But, if I understand correctly, each card also can have a chunk of rom from c800-cfff. How's this done? How do you access this rom data, E.G. to snarf rom images and whatnot? "Jayson Smith" <nospamratguyspambegone@nospamplease.bellsouth.ihatespam.net> writes: >I understand that a 256-byte piece of any card's rom is at addresses >cX00-cXff where X is the slot number. But, if I understand correctly, each >card also can have a chunk of rom fro...

Expansion card slot pinout
Does anyone know the pinout for the expansion slots in the 48GX? I've been searching for them for a while & haven't had any luck. --=[Justin]=-- On 17 juil, 06:16, justin <justin.royla...@gmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone know the pinout for the expansion slots in the 48GX? =A0I've > been searching for them for a while & haven't had any luck. > > --=3D[Justin]=3D-- http://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/docs/misc/cardpins.txt http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=3D1753 http://www.guzu.net/hp48/docs/ramcard.txt HTH val "val" <vlepage@aol.com>...

PCI Express Video Card
I am putting together a system myself and I am wondering what video card to purchase. I have always gone with ATI. What is it that you guys would reccomend? Case BLACK CS-999 MID TOWER CASE W/ 400W MAX PS & FRONT USB Processor INTEL PENTIUM 4 PROCESSOR 550 3.4GHZ/800fsb 775-pin 1MB+ F Motherboard ASUS P5AD2-E Premium Memory Kingston DDR2 512MB PC4200, 240 PIN, Speed 533MHz Video (ATI 256MB DDR Video Card with with RADEON X800 PRO 3D Chip) Hard Drive Western Digital 74GB WD740GDRTL Raptor 8MB Buffer 10000RPM CD-RW SONY CRX2301E EIDE 52X32X52 BEIGE CD-RW W/ SO...

express card vs PCMCIA
so... What is the verdict? Does anyone have a toy for they macbook pro? ...

are pc card slots identical?
Are pc card slots on laptops identical? My laptop has two pc card slots. Can I plug any kind of pc card that's compatible with my laptop into either slot? On Mar 6, 11:08 pm, "rb" <r...@bellsouth.net> wrote: > Are pc card slots on laptops identical? My laptop has two pc card slots. > Can I plug any kind of pc card that's compatible with my laptop into either > slot? rb, If the laptop is a recent model, then yes. What you have are actually cardbus slots. PC Card and PC Card II are pretty much obsolete, and superceeded by 32 bit cardbus. If the laptop ...

Confusion about graphics cards and slots!?
I have been wrecking my head trying to figure out how to get a good graphics card for my new (pile of t**d) dell computer. I just opened the machine last week and to my astonishment there was no agp slot!! haha typical, dell just forgot to put enough information up on their site to stop me from buying that computer! I had no clue it wouldnt have an agp slot, i thought it was standard??? I found out that i can get a pci graphics card, but, i keep coming across these PCI Express x16 things. Are they compatable with standard pci slots or what the hell??? Im a novice so any help would be greatly a...

PCI express card problem
Hi, i have a problem which is about PCI express card. i added 2 PCI Express card in the PCI Expension Riser of system. At the bottom you see that i can see clearly cards via prtdiag but i can not see from cfgadm command, i tried devfsadm, reboot -- -r many times. do yu have any idea about what is the solution? Regards Ali ELMALI root@sincap # uname -a SunOS kuntakinte 5.9 Generic_118558-36 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V245 and prtdiag output Bus Freq Slot + Name + Type MHz Status Path Model ------ ---- ---------- ---------------------------- -...

Express 5250 PC Card
Hi, Does anyone of you can possibly tell me if I can use a 5250 PC Express card in a laptop running Windows 2000 and connect thru Twinax to an AS/400. Where to start ? Thanks, Peter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Am 07.01.2004, 12:34:58, schrieb "peter" <invalid@email.address> zum The= ma=20 Express 5250 PC Card: > Hi, > Does anyone of you can possibly tell me if I can use a 5250 PC Express= =20 card > in a laptop runni...