Express card slot???

I just got a new that has an Express Card slot rather than a Cardbus slot.  Does
anyone know if any Express Cards are available yet?  I couldn't find anythingat
Newegg or Tiger Direct.

Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant.
Now I can do what I enjoy: Large Format Photography

Web Site: www.destarr.com
David
1/31/2006 9:34:10 PM
comp.laptops 2877 articles. 0 followers. bluewatercorvette (11) is leader. Post Follow

David Starr wrote:
> I just got a new that has an Express Card slot rather than a Cardbus slot.  Does
> anyone know if any Express Cards are available yet?  I couldn't find anythingat
> Newegg or Tiger Direct.

> Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant.
> Now I can do what I enjoy: Large Format Photography
>
> Web Site: www.destarr.com

Google "express card".  Last time I looked there was almost nothing
registered.

Quaoar

Can they be expressed as regular expression?
Dear all, 1-way Finite automata can be used to test whether a given string match a particular regular expression. However, I am wondering whether it would work the other way around: Given a string, and a regular expression, how many times do the regular expression match with the string? This is clearly computable by Turing-powerful machine, but I would like to know whether I could just use Finite automata to solve the above problem. However, the above question needs to be rephrased/modified before it is meaningful in the context of finite automata. My first attempt failed to capture the full...

HP 720 and Intel Pro/20ll LAN PC card
I'm trying to add my HP 720 to my home wireless network and having trouble getting the 720 to see the Intel Pro/2011 card. The drivers seemed to install OK, and the card is blinking but nothing beyond. Any ideas as to how to get the thing on line ? Jack ...

Airport Extreme or Airport Express?
As I understand it, the differences between the Airport Extreme base station and Airport Express, other than size and weight, are: Extreme has two ethernet ports; Express has only one. Extreme has a built-in modem. Extreme has an antenna jack. Express has audio out. This means that I can't connect a ethernet printer to Airport Express, but can to Airport Extreme. However, I can connect a USB printer to either of them. The Extreme's modem is a non-issue for me unless it can be used as a FAX modem. Nor is the antenna jack; the distances are such that I won't need it. A...

Newbie?? re 3DLabs vid card/HP pen plotter
As a frustrated Windows user hoping to soon be MS free, I have a couple of questions that are delaying the switch. We have a 3D Labs Wildcat 6110 video card. There are drivers available from the manufacturer for several RedHat versions at this link http://www.3dlabs.com/support/drivers/linux/linux_drivers.htm Since we don't want to use RedHat how difficult is it to use/modify these drivers to work in Mandrake or Debian? There is reference to a "modular kernel" being required but not sure exactly what they are referring to as we can find no reference to it anywhere else.. Also w...

Simplify this expression
For a function f, is there a simpler way to write (\x y -> compare (f x) (f y)) ? I find myself writing this all the time in the code I'm writing now, and it feels clumsy... but I've played around with modifications and can't find anything that's readable and shorter. -- Chris Smith In article <MPG.2050a935d84f75ed989827@news.altopia.net>, Chris Smith wrote: >For a function f, is there a simpler way to write > > (\x y -> compare (f x) (f y)) > >? I find myself writing this all the time in the code I'm writing now, ...

Untypable Haskell Expression
Can Haskell's type system be improved so that let map2 f (a, b) = (f a, f b) in map2 show (3, 'a') stops being a member of 'slack' ? (This is a "can" question, not a "why" one) -- Oleg Trott <oleg_trott@columbia.edu> Oleg Trott <oleg_trott@columbia.edu>: > Can Haskell's type system be improved so that > > let map2 f (a, b) = (f a, f b) in map2 show (3, 'a') > > stops being a member of 'slack' ? You can do it with rank-2 types, which GHC has if you use -fglasgow-exts. map2 :: forall b c. (Show...

"dawn job opportunities" "dawn jobs" "dawn jobs page" "dawn jang express jobs" "express news" "express.com" "jang jang" "jang" "jobs dawn" "jobs dawn news" on www.paperpk-jobs.blogspot.com
"dawn job opportunities" "dawn jobs" "dawn jobs page" "dawn jang express jobs" "express news" "express.com" "jang jang" "jang" "jobs dawn" "jobs dawn news" on www.paperpk-jobs.blogspot.com "paperpk" "paper pk" "papers jobs" "dawn job opportunities" "dawn jobs" "dawn jobs page" "dawn jang express jobs" "express news" "express.com" "jang jang" "jang" "jobs dawn" ...

Aspects, rep specs, shifts, conditional expressions, expression functions
The topics listed in the subject have been controversial recently. I wonder what people think of my first attempt at an Ada 2012 package, which seems to use them all, in what I hope is a judicious mix? ---- with Unchecked_Conversion; with KDF9.CPU; package KDF9.K5_stuff is -- PHU, the Program Hold-Up register is internal to I/O Control. -- A subset is exposed to Director by means of the K5 order. -- It has one element for each of the 4 program priority levels. type blockage is (buffer_busy, locked_out) with Size => 1; type group_address is mod 1024 with Size =&g...

SXGA TFT monitor will work with old card?
Hi please excuse my terrible hardware-ignorance - I haven't had any =A3 to spend on hardware since 1997! So I just program these things at work but haven't had a PC of my own since then. I'm thinking of getting a flat-screen TFT monitor for the 2nd-hand PC I've been given. The monitor calls itself SXGA, and has a standard 15pin Dsub connector. Can I just plug this into my machine's SVGA card? Or is there something special about TFT monitors that I don't know about, having not kept up with hardware developments? I know that my SVGA card is capable of 1024xwhatever...

SQL sever 2005 express move windowns authentication choice to mixed authentication
I folks. I Have installed sql server 2005 express and choosed windows authentication on instalation, but i make a mistake and now i need mixed authentication, how can i modify this whithout uninstall and install again the application? thanks for the help. Fonseca wrote: > I folks. > > I Have installed sql server 2005 express and choosed windows > authentication on instalation, but i make a mistake and now i need > mixed authentication, how can i modify this whithout uninstall and > install again the application? > > thanks for the help. Look there: http://msdn2....

Convert CDATA expression to Javascript RegExp
Hello everyone! Can anyone help me to convert the CDATA expression "CDATA ::= (Char* - (Char* ']]>' Char*)" to Javascript Regular Expression? Thanks, Max Translation to English: A CDATA's value can contain any legal XML characters except the three-character sequence ]]> (which is used to terminate the value. I don't do Javascript, so you'll have to translate it the rest of the way yourself. -- Joe Kesselman / Beware the fury of a patient man. -- John Dryden On 13 Feb, 17:38, Max <a...@tiscali.it> wrote: > Hello everyone! > > Can a...

locking da SD card of a T3
Hi everybody there, here is my question about my palm t3. I would like to store a few private data on the SD expansion card of the handheld, and of course I would not like anyone being able to read things such as my credit card number, private mails, and the like. I am thinking to a sort of application that, stored on the card, requires a password to access any other file/document/whatever stored on the same card. I have however no idea if such an application is available, not even if is actually possible... Thanks in advance for your help, Daniele ...

Can Fortran code use both CPU + graphics card GPU?
Hello all. I read an article recently that the architecture of graphics card GPUs make them particularly suited to certain types of number crunching problems. In any event, even for ill-suited problems, it seems reasonable that for computers with even half decent graphics cards, one might as well utilise the GPU because it is idle anyway. So basically...question one is if it is possible for me to utilise my gfx card's GPU in parallel to my CPU, effectively turning my AMD Athlon XP2500+ into a poor man's dual processor machine :). Games makers have done that for ages... That said, is i...

how to trap hypen
I want to trap number 0-9 and the hypen, something like "[0-9-]" but this does not seem to work Can anyone help? John Leslie <johnleslie@madasafish.com> wrote: > I want to trap number 0-9 and the hypen, something like > "[0-9-]" > but this does not seem to work Can you also reveal in which context you're trying to use that (i.e. on the command line for grep or within a Perl script) and what exactly "does not seem to work" means? For me e.g. grep "[0-9-]" filename seems to work perfectly well - it finds all lines in the file that...

Wild cards
I am using Delphi Version 7.0 connecting to an MS Access 2000 database using ADO. I want to filter on a table using wild cards, but encountering problems. For example, if I want to filter on a list of personnel where the surname start with MAC, then the following works: TAQOQuery1.Filter := (SURNAME LIKE 'MAC*') TAQOQuery1.Filtered := True However if I want to filter on a list of personnel where the surname ends in SON, the following does not work: TAQOQuery1.Filter := (SURNAME LIKE '*SON') TAQOQuery1.Filtered := True I get the message: "Ar...

Expression manipulation
When trying to simplify an expression by hand, one carries out various kinds of steps: 1. Replace a subexpression that occurs repeatedly by a single symbol. 2. Multiply numerator and denominator of some subexpression by the same factor. 3. Cancel particular factors in numerator and denominator of some subexpression. 4. Gather together two subexpressions that were added together, and rewrite with a common denominator. 5. Remove common factors. etc. etc. etc. Using Part, one can of course access any particular subexpression. But this is time-consuming and clumsy. I find that I ne...

Regular expressions #2
Hi, short question: The regular expression a) 10 + (0 + 11) 0* 1 ( the "+" denotes an OR in our notation and maybe replaced by a "|" if you prefer - at least I think that it should be an OR) describes these words: Either the word 10 OR the word 0 followed by zero or more 0s followed by the 1 OR the word 11 followed by one or more 0s followed by the 1, ok ? Examples: 10 0 1 0 0000000 1 11 1 11 00000000 1 b) 01 (((10)* + 1111) + 0)* 1 describes these words: The 01 followed by zero or more often the 10 OR the 1111 OR the 0, where the 10s or the 1111s or the 0s can be re...

EL expressions error
Hi, we just moved over all of our information to a new server. The webapp is served by Resin. After, relaunching the application, I noticedwe have the following error and have no idea where it's coming from:EL expression '${searchEntry}' is only allowed for attributes withrtexprvalue='true'. 261:And since most of our pages contain an EL expression, we get a similarerror on every page.Any help would be seriously appreciated.Thanks,Ross faraz_mit wrote:> Hi, we just moved over all of our information to a new server. The web> app is served by Resin. After, relaunching th...

Need Passport Soundchaser interface card schematics (or close-up photos)
I'm looking for information on the keyboard interface for the Passport SoundChaser keyboard. This 49-key keyboard is in a wooden case, and photos I have the Mountain Computer Music System Cards, light pen, and now the SoundChaser keyboard (I'm a sucker for computer gear in oak or walnut boxes). All I need is the Apple 2 interface card, which has only 5 chips onboard. If anyone has a close-up photo or other schematics, I'd appreciate it! Even a pinout of the 16-pin DIP connector on the keyboard would be helpful, there aren't too many ways to do keyboard encoding. Alternativ...

Patch Oracle Express Edition
Hi, can I patch with last patchset 10.2.0.4 an Oracle Express Edition ? it's should be 10.2.0.1 Regards. Ganimede Dignan. On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 03:42:22 -0700, Ganimede wrote: > Hi, > > can I patch with last patchset 10.2.0.4 an Oracle Express Edition ? it's > should be 10.2.0.1 > > Regards. > Ganimede Dignan. Well, I did that on Linux, but you have to buy support in order to do that. Once you install 10.2.0.4 patchset, it's no longer "Oracle XE". BTW, does anybody know anyting about Oracle XE version 11? Oracle obvisously doesn't consider ...

NIC Card Aggregation on Cisco Switch
I have two NIC cards on an IBM server that communicate at 100/full and I would like to aggregate the cards and allow communications to go at 200Mbps to the server and use one IP address. Is this possible? Are there some switch configurations that I can do that will enable this to work or do I have to do something on the server to get this working? Any responses are greatly appreciated ...

how to express one expression in terms of other expressions symbolically?
Dear all, I want to ask how to express the following terms into the form of (x1+x8), (x1-x8), (x2+x7), (x2-x7), etc. This is variable substitution. How can do this manipulation in mathematica symbolically? [ a01*x1+a02*x2+a03*x3+a04*x4+a04*x5+a03*x6+a02*x7+a01*x8] [ a05*x1+a06*x2+a07*x3+a08*x4-a08*x5-a07*x6-a06*x7-a05*x8] [ a09*x1+a10*x2-a11*x3-a12*x4-a12*x5-a11*x6+a10*x7+a09*x8] [ a13*x1-a14*x2-a15*x3-a16*x4+a16*x5+a15*x6+a14*x7-a13*x8] [ a17*x1-a18*x2-a19*x3+a20*x4+a20*x5-a19*x6-a18*x7+a17*x8] [ a21*x1-a22*x2+a23*x3+a24*x4-a24*x5-a23*x6+a22*x7-a21*x8] [ a25*x1-a26*x2+a27*x3-a28...

Regular expression to structure HTML
I'm kind of new to regular expressions, and I've spent hours trying to finesse a regular expression to build a substitution. What I'd like to do is extract data elements from HTML and structure them so that they can more readily be imported into a database. No -- sorry -- I don't want to use BeautifulSoup (though I have for other projects). Humor me, please -- I'd really like to see if this can be done with just regular expressions. Note that the output is referenced using named groups. My challenge is successfully matching the HTML tags in between the first table row, ...

Solving expressions in terms of other expressions
I hope someone can help me figure out how to get Maple to do something for me. Say you have the expressions: > eq1 := z=1/y; > eq2 := x=y; And you want to obtain an expression for x that is stated in terms of only z, without y making an appearance. Clearly the answer should be 1/ z. But how do you solve this in Maple? This example is easy to do by hand, but say you had this slightly more complicated situation: > eq1 := betab=tauxy/taux2; > eq2 := betaw=sxy/sx2; > eq3 := iccx=taux2/(taux2+sx2); > eq4 := gamma01=(tauxy+(sxy/n))/(taux2+(sx2/n)); ....and yo...

FAQ 6.11 How do I use a regular expression to strip C style comments from a file? #4
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq6.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.11: How do I use a regular expression to strip C style comments from a file? While this actually can be done, it's much harder than you'd think. For example, this one-liner perl -0777 -pe '...