help if you can

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I have an old Dell Latitude LM P-100SD Laptop. When I turn it on the screen
reads
"Partition table corrupted or doesn't exist - save to disk feature is
disabled" and it doesn't try to boot from the floppy either. And when I try
to go into the bios it asks for a password which I don't have. (yard sale
computer) Any ideas ???? Thanks
Any other newsgroups I can try ????

0
Reply johnsmith 9/12/2004 3:38:09 AM

See related articles to this posting

"johnsmith" <someone@msn.com> wrote in message news:<BwP0d.1571$_53.1536@trndny02>...
> I have an old Dell Latitude LM P-100SD Laptop. When I turn it on the screen
> reads
> "Partition table corrupted or doesn't exist - save to disk feature is
> disabled" and it doesn't try to boot from the floppy either. And when I try
> to go into the bios it asks for a password which I don't have. (yard sale
> computer) Any ideas ???? Thanks
> Any other newsgroups I can try ????

First off, what OS are you running? Secondly, what type of floppy disk
are you trying to boot off of? In any case, find the Windows edition
that you want to install or work off, youll need to boot off it, so
youll have to access your BIOS settings, and since yours is password
protected youll have to "clear" or "jump" the CMOS settings, you can
think of the CMOS like non-erasable memmory and the BIOS as its
mini-processor. In order to clear the CMOS youll either have to guess
the password, use a floppy BIOS utility or "jump" "jumper 1", the last
option requires you to open up the hardware and look for two little
rods sticking up labeled something along the lines of "jmp 1". If you
have the motherboard schematics that would greatly help you out.
However if you dont think you can do any of that on your (and
understandibly so) simply visit your neighborhood computer shop to get
it fixed, this should cost you no more than $125.00 to get it fixed by
a shop or chain like best buy. If it does, scrap it and get yourself a
new laptop.
0
Reply encryption_x 9/12/2004 6:20:58 PM
comp.laptops 2876 articles. 5 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Where can I find the help I need ? Can you help ?
Hello, all ! I started a "computer recycling project" in my church. What we do is to collect all the old computers that people donated, open them up, remove all the dust and grimes inside, check the parts, and then try our best to make "new" (aka reconditioned, restored, etc.) computers out of the still-usable parts. Then we pass those working computers to people/organizations that can put them to good use. The project itself is fun and very fulfilling, but there's one thing that bug me the most - many times we have computer parts (pci cards, mobos, etc) th...

Can Anybody help me help me out
I can not play any kinda media on My SuSe 10.0 and I knw Linux after a fashion so wanna know more abt it. I've heard that it needs some kinda plugin, So if u knw anything related to it plzz help me tejasmedhekar009@gmail.com wrote: > I can not play any kinda media on My SuSe 10.0 > > and I knw Linux after a fashion so wanna know more abt it. > I've heard that it needs some kinda plugin, So if u knw anything > related to it plzz help me If you would like your reply in English, please use proper form English. -- When all else fails... Use a hammer. http://www.dotwa...

help!!help!! who can help me to get a rom from palm VIIx or give me some advise .
I lost my original rom for palm VIIx,would there has someone like to help me to give a rom for it,or give me some advise on how to find the rom. ...

help!!help!! who can help me to get a rom from palm VIIx or give me some advise . #2
I lost my original rom for palm VIIx,would there has someone like to help me to give a rom for it,or give me some advise on how to find the rom. winda wrote: > I lost my original rom for palm VIIx,would there has someone like to > help me to give a rom for it,or give me some advise on how to find the > rom. How did you lose it -- were you walking down the street and one day it fell out of the handheld? I'm confused. - Logan Logan Shaw <lshaw-usenet@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:<Ymb9b.35489$jV1.15738@twister.austin.rr.com>... > winda ...

need help with your job search? I can help you!
Hello! Working hard? Looking for a job? Want to advance your career? I am a young professional based in Ottawa who want to help you out with your own job search. Affordable for all. Confidential. Services in French and English. Write now for more info. We can make it together! First contact by e-mail. ajobforme2005@hotmail.com ...

need help with your job search? I can help you!
Hello! Working hard? Looking for a job? Want to advance your career? I am a young professional based in Ottawa who want to help you out with your own job search. Low cost, affordable for all. Confidential. Services in French and English. Write now for more info. We can make it together! First contact by e-mail. ajobforme2005@hotmail.com ...

Need some quick help (Anyone can help)
I want to get the results for the following for each version of common lisp (sort '("zyzzyva" "zyzzyvas") #'string<) For Clisp: >> ("zyzzyva" "zyzzyvas") For SBCL: >> ?? For CMUCL: >> ?? For Allegro: >> ?? Thanks guys! Mike ACL81 (Win32): CG-USER(1): (sort '("zyzzyva" "zyzzyvas") #'string<) ("zyzzyva" "zyzzyvas") GNU CLISP 2.41 (2006-10-13) (Win32): [1]> (sort '("zyzzyva" "zyzzyvas") #'string<) ("zyzzyva" "...

Easy query I can't do? Can you help?
If I have a table as such.. Name Age -------------- Eric 1 Sarah 2 Jeff 1 Ted 4 Mary 1 Sam 3 How can I do a single sql query that displays the following Age 1 Age 2 Age 3 Age 4 3 1 1 1 TIA "asdf" <scottphelps@noemailplease.com> wrote in message news:6EKIf.33213$H71.32701@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > If I have a table as such.. > > Name Age > -------------- > Eric 1 > Sarah 2 > Jeff 1 > Ted 4 > Mary 1 >...

Please can you help me how can apply unicode in java
I am tr y to develope a localization application.when i run the code there is no the right output, it's square box but i can't fix the error and why it's like that .but i know the unicode representation of my language please look a sample of code and based on that give me suggestion to fix the erro. import java.io.*; class Unicodechar{ public static void main(String[] args){ //declare a character initialized to Ethiopic char fidel='\u1200'; // print Ethiopic Unicode (version 3.0) while(fidel<='\u137C'){ for(int i=0;i&...

Thunerbird help... [not java related , but please help if you can!]
Hi all... I know this is not a java question, but after seeking help on the Thunderbird newsgroup, I was not able to get an answer to my question. So since i know there are a lot of smart people in this group, I thought of asking here. here is the link to my question on the Thunderbird forum, please read, and offer your insight! http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=334466 many thanks here is the text of my question, if you do not want to follow the link in the OP: Hi group. I've been using Thunderbird for reading newsgroups for quite a while now, after being an Ou...

need help with ARRAYS, please help if u can
Hello everyone:) My name is Roy, I am new to Java and I have problem regarding to arrays. if you have time and like to help, please help. I am trying to make a program to deal with prime numbers, but I do not how to involve arrays with that. program generates prime numbers according to user input, and displays them in descending order. The user enters the number of prime numbers to be generated. The output is displayed 5 numbers per row, 20 rows per screen. If there are more than 100 numbers, the output should wait for the user to press <Enter> before continuing to the next page. Th...

Please Help! I need some answears if any one can help
Q1 In windows 2000 you don't have the ability to designate one or more DC's in a site that you want the KCC to always consider as the "prefered" bridgehead. TRUE or FALSE Q2 Decommissioning a domain controler that had an Active Directory Integrated DNS zone will convert the zone to a standard primary zone TRUE or FALSE Q3 You can not set Exchange 5.5 mailbox limits on a per-server basis. TRUE or FALSE Q4 You can log into the Recovery console of a domain controller by using a domain admin account TRUE or FALSE Q5 You can use ExMerge to remove specific messages...

Please Help! I need some answears if any one can help
Q1 In windows 2000 you don't have the ability to designate one or more DC's in a site that you want the KCC to always consider as the "prefered" bridgehead. TRUE or FALSE Q2 Decommissioning a domain controler that had an Active Directory Integrated DNS zone will convert the zone to a standard primary zone TRUE or FALSE Q3 You can not set Exchange 5.5 mailbox limits on a per-server basis. TRUE or FALSE Q4 You can log into the Recovery console of a domain controller by using a domain admin account TRUE or FALSE Q5 You can use ExMerge to remo...

HELP! Can someone help me figure out why this wont work?
I am trying to do something that -should- be simple, however there is no code out there after searching a whole host of VB source sites, and googling for 2 days. I would simply like to programmatically, hidden from the users eyes to maintain a professional appearance, first disable a network adapter, and then re-enable it. So far, the best I've come up with is the SetIfEntry API, but I can't get it working. Can someone who's better than I look this code over and tell me why it won't work? I'd be eternally grateful! Here is what I have so far on a form: ----...

Framework help: Can HTML::Template do this? If not, what CPAN module can?
I'm trying not to reinvent the wheel, but I'm having difficulty determining if the wheel I'm needing has been invented. I've looked at HTML::Template POD, and I get the basic concept. In my ignorance I'm failing to see how I can apply it to my problem, and if there are other CPAN modules that are better suited to my task. I want to have a DWIMy page component system so that page controls can be called out and "Do The Right Thing". Example: I have a calendar input widget set that requires pieces of HTML, JavaScript, and CSS, which need to be exposed in the co...

Who can help me?
Hello, everyone! Now I have wrote an adaptive niche PSO (particle swarm optimization) code, which can be used in optimizing Shubert2D function and other multimodal fuction. I want other niche code (Such as sharing fitness GA etc.) for comparing the performance of them. Who can help me, give me the code or download address. The Matlab or C code is prefer to others. Thank you very much! Martin Zhang No one care for this group and my message! That's make me feel very sad. Martin Zhang wrote: > Hello, everyone! > Now I have wrote...

Can you help me?
I downloaded a dvd earlier. I ended up with an 8k MDS file and a 4.13 gig ISO file. I could not mount the disk image in 9.2 (it suggested I needed to have the foreign file access extension and the isso something something which were both installed). Emac. 9.2.(10.2 available on here also)Any help or ideas? Thanks, > I downloaded a dvd earlier. I ended up with an 8k MDS file and a 4.13 > gig ISO file. I could not mount the disk image in 9.2 (it suggested I > needed to have the foreign file access extension and the isso something > something which were both installed). Emac. 9.2.(10...

can you help me
Hello I am M.S master of Biomedical Engineering and I Work on Project . I Noticed that You Have much Experience in ICA ,CICA , ICA with Refrence,.. Fileds. I Have Problems for Write Algorithms. Please Give Guidance to me. If There is any Site in Net, Please Introduce to me. If You Have Algorithm or program in case ,Please Give me. Thanks for Attention and Guide to me Vaghefi.Mahsa On Jun 3, 8:22 am, mahsavagh...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello > > I am M.S master of Biomedical Engineering and I Work on Project . > I Noticed that You Have much Experience in ICA ,CICA , ICA with > R...

Need help on AoH or array or any other help I can get for this task
Hello good people out there. I need to write a perl script that will parse the log and generate the following output: a flat text file in the following format: customer_name| product_category|item_description|cost An example log file could be: Pedro|groceries|apple|1.42 Nitin|tobacco|cigarettes|15.00 Susie|groceries|cereal|5.50 Susie|groceries|milk|4.75 Susie|tobacco|cigarettes|15.00 Susie|fuel|gasoline|44.90 Pedro|fuel|propane|9.60 1.A report of the total revenue resulting from each customer. 2.A report for each customer showing how much of their spending went to each category. With the abov...

Who can help me?
I'm new in the programming business and I don't know what program I should use for begining development?(GNU c++...?) ---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ---------------------------------------------- conimus wrote: > I'm new in the programming business and I don't know what program I > should use for begining development?(GNU c++...?) Download Ruby and its installer, and dive in. http://www.ruby-lang.org http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby...

can you help me
Hello, Can anybody help me to represent a grid map into a number of nodes by using MATLAB..Its means each cell of grid have one references nodes.i.e xy(1,1)=1,xy(1,2)=2... "NohaiddaSariff aida" <nohaiddasariff@yahoo.com> wrote in message <fu19dn$6md$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hello, > > Can anybody help me to represent a grid map into a number > of nodes by using MATLAB..Its means each cell of grid have > one references nodes.i.e xy(1,1)=1,xy(1,2)=2... Check out the MATLAB documentation for the difference between "linear indic...

[help] who can help me enter the world of GUMP,which is from Jakarta project?
Dear folks, I can not find more helps on GUMP by Google,so,who can help be on the trip? Thanks a lot. Regards, mike ...

can you help......?
I going to buy a new computer and i need some information abut the good hardware so i can buy can any one answer me please. ...

Who can help me
Dear All, I found out "new software".I have to admit accidentally, because I'm not computer programmer or an expert. How did I find? I was working on computer and made error.Actually that error now is "software". With this "software" I can see energies of human beings.Aura,chakras etc."Software" is too simple and easy even myself understand that. Results I got,give me right to say that it is "quantum world software". I can send video zip file to you to see if you want. Now I'm looking for someone who would like to make it. Is there anyb...

Can WHERE help?
Lets say I have an array called MASTER, and another called MYDATA. Both are sorted. MASTER has on the order of 200 elements, MYDATA has ~120,000 elements. I need to find the indicies in MYDATA that fall between MASTER(I) and MASTER(I+1). I can do it the "old fashioned way" (loop thru MYDATA until I find the correct indicies), but I can't help but think that WHERE should be able to do the work for me. TIA, Bruce Bruce Bowler <bbowler@bigelow.org> wrote: > Lets say I have an array called MASTER, and another called MYDATA. Both > are sorted. MASTER has on the ord...