Problem with Windows XP and ACPI driver on my Targa Visionary XP

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello,
i buyed my Targa notebook (Visionary XP) with windows xp home. I had
no problems with any acpi drivers or else. But i had to install
Windows XP Professional, for joining into the domain at my job. But
now i have the problem, that windows always means, that the notebook
gets its power over the power pack, also when it gets the power from
the akku. So i can't see how full or empty my akku is. Does someone
have a solution for my problem.
With regards,

Sebastian Steiger
0
Reply sebastian 11/5/2003 3:02:03 PM

See related articles to this posting
comp.laptops 2874 articles. 5 followers. Post

Windows XP Prof on Targa Visionary XP; Problem with battery
Hello, i buyed my Targa laptop (Visionary XP) with windows xp home. I had no problems with any acpi drivers or else. But i had to install Windows XP Professional, for joining into the domain at my job. But now i have the problem, that windows always means, that the laptop gets its power over the power pack, also when the power pack isn't connected to the notebook. So i can't see how full or empty my akku is. Does someone have a solution for my problem? With regards, Sebastian Steiger ...

Epson 1270
Following a motherboard problem (now resolved), I've recently reloaded Windows (XP SP2). Everything's working fine, as it was before my motherboard problem, except for the 1270 driver. As soon as XP detects the 1270, it loads its own driver, and shows the printer as "Epson Stylus Photo 1270 ESC/P 2". I can also load the Epson driver, so in "Printers and Faxes" I get two entries for the 1270 - the Epson driver shows as "Epson Stylus Photo 1270". In the past, I've been able to use either. I much prefer the Epson driver as it has more facil...

Problem to set the screening with adobe ps driver on windows xp
I want to set the screening and the angle with a adobe ps-driver on a windows xp machine, but I dont find any dialog box to do that. On a win9x with the "old" ps-driver I can set directly this values. Has someone a solution for this problem? Thanks in advance ...

windows XP home to XP Pro problem
I am trying to upgrade from XP Home to XP pro, and every time that i try i get a message that my DVD-RAM driver is not compatable with Pro, and may not work once the install is complete, as the install continues the dvd stops spinning and the install stalls out and i have to restore the computer to the original XP home. I tried downloading the new drivers from toshiba's website and ran microsofts upgrade wizard and it still told me that the DVD-RAM driver was not compatable, anyone have a clue? I really need XP pro for work and the sooner i can get this clarified the better. Thanks in ad...

Oracle 9i ODBC Driver for Windows XP 64 (XP 2003)
I just upgraded to a new 64-bit workstation with Windows XP Pro 64 (AKA Windows XP 2003) and after several attempts got the Oracle 9i client installed, or so it appears. The Oracle provided ODBC drivers also appeared to install. I created a TNS Net Service Name successfully. However, when I try to set up an ODBC connection, the Oracle ODBC drivers do not appear on the list of available ODBC drivers in the Windows control panel. Uninstalling and re-installing has no effect. Is there an ODBC driver available for the 64-bit edition of Windows XP Pro? I need this up and running ASAP, as a dea...

[News] [Rival] Problem with Windows Vista Listed, Man Threatens to Sue over Windows XP Problems
5 Mistakes Microsoft made with Windows Vista ,----[ Quote ] | Let me outline those 5 mistakes Microsoft made with the Windows Vista launch | and talk about how Microsoft might be able to keep Windows Vista from being a | sequel to Windows ME. `---- http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=41979 Customer wants to sue the inventor of Windows XP. ,----[ Quote ] | When I worked for a Norwegian ISP I got my hands on a really funny email from | an angry customer who doesn’t know too much about computers. `---- http://greenshinobi.wordpress.com/2007/08/15/customer-wants-to-sue-the-i...

windows 2000 and windows xp networking problem with athentication
i am trying to do a peer to peer with a windows 2000 machine and a xp corp machine. i can see the machines in my network places, but when i try to connect to the xp machine it ask for username and password, we have usernames and passwords set up for both machines , they are the same ones we use to log onto our own machines. they both have admin rights. when we put in the username and password and hit ok it just ask for it again and doesnt connect..we are both connected to a router for my cable connection..the firewall allows acces from our ip's..any help..thanks rh_nayan@msn.com ...

Windows XP problem
Hi All, I have an annoying problem which I can't seem to get to the bottom of. I have written a series of macros which read a dataset, do some selections, calculate some rates and write a couple of .csv files and a file which is a MapInfo 'workspace (.wor) file to do some mapping and generate a couple of jpeg image files when opened in MapInfo. This all works fine but requires user intervention to fire up MapInfo and import the workspace (either by double-clicking or by the File->Open workspace route). I though it would be nice to see if SAS would be kind enough to run MapInfo w...

Windows XP-problem
Hello, Who could help me with this : Since this weekend, I connected my pc to the internet. After some minutes of surfing, My pc starts shutting down, displaying the following message : This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM. Windows must restart because the Remote Procedure Call Service (RPC) terminated unexpectedly.' What is happening here, am I subject to a virus or what is wrong ? Gunther "Gunther Hanegreefs" <Hanegreefsg@vanpelt.be> a �crit dans le message de news:726d33f2.0309150304.2f3f2bad@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > Who could help me...