Problem with Windows XP and ACPI driver on my Targa Visionary XP

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello,
i buyed my Targa notebook (Visionary XP) with windows xp home. I had
no problems with any acpi drivers or else. But i had to install
Windows XP Professional, for joining into the domain at my job. But
now i have the problem, that windows always means, that the notebook
gets its power over the power pack, also when it gets the power from
the akku. So i can't see how full or empty my akku is. Does someone
have a solution for my problem.
With regards,

Sebastian Steiger
0
Reply sebastian 11/5/2003 3:02:03 PM

See related articles to this posting
comp.laptops 2874 articles. 5 followers. Post

Windows XP Prof on Targa Visionary XP; Problem with battery
Hello, i buyed my Targa laptop (Visionary XP) with windows xp home. I had no problems with any acpi drivers or else. But i had to install Windows XP Professional, for joining into the domain at my job. But now i have the problem, that windows always means, that the laptop gets its power over the power pack, also when the power pack isn't connected to the notebook. So i can't see how full or empty my akku is. Does someone have a solution for my problem? With regards, Sebastian Steiger ...

Epson 1270
Following a motherboard problem (now resolved), I've recently reloaded Windows (XP SP2). Everything's working fine, as it was before my motherboard problem, except for the 1270 driver. As soon as XP detects the 1270, it loads its own driver, and shows the printer as "Epson Stylus Photo 1270 ESC/P 2". I can also load the Epson driver, so in "Printers and Faxes" I get two entries for the 1270 - the Epson driver shows as "Epson Stylus Photo 1270". In the past, I've been able to use either. I much prefer the Epson driver as it has more facil...

Problem to set the screening with adobe ps driver on windows xp
I want to set the screening and the angle with a adobe ps-driver on a windows xp machine, but I dont find any dialog box to do that. On a win9x with the "old" ps-driver I can set directly this values. Has someone a solution for this problem? Thanks in advance ...

windows XP home to XP Pro problem
I am trying to upgrade from XP Home to XP pro, and every time that i try i get a message that my DVD-RAM driver is not compatable with Pro, and may not work once the install is complete, as the install continues the dvd stops spinning and the install stalls out and i have to restore the computer to the original XP home. I tried downloading the new drivers from toshiba's website and ran microsofts upgrade wizard and it still told me that the DVD-RAM driver was not compatable, anyone have a clue? I really need XP pro for work and the sooner i can get this clarified the better. Thanks in ad...

Oracle 9i ODBC Driver for Windows XP 64 (XP 2003)
I just upgraded to a new 64-bit workstation with Windows XP Pro 64 (AKA Windows XP 2003) and after several attempts got the Oracle 9i client installed, or so it appears. The Oracle provided ODBC drivers also appeared to install. I created a TNS Net Service Name successfully. However, when I try to set up an ODBC connection, the Oracle ODBC drivers do not appear on the list of available ODBC drivers in the Windows control panel. Uninstalling and re-installing has no effect. Is there an ODBC driver available for the 64-bit edition of Windows XP Pro? I need this up and running ASAP, as a dea...

[News] [Rival] Problem with Windows Vista Listed, Man Threatens to Sue over Windows XP Problems
5 Mistakes Microsoft made with Windows Vista ,----[ Quote ] | Let me outline those 5 mistakes Microsoft made with the Windows Vista launch | and talk about how Microsoft might be able to keep Windows Vista from being a | sequel to Windows ME. `---- http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=41979 Customer wants to sue the inventor of Windows XP. ,----[ Quote ] | When I worked for a Norwegian ISP I got my hands on a really funny email from | an angry customer who doesn’t know too much about computers. `---- http://greenshinobi.wordpress.com/2007/08/15/customer-wants-to-sue-the-i...

windows 2000 and windows xp networking problem with athentication
i am trying to do a peer to peer with a windows 2000 machine and a xp corp machine. i can see the machines in my network places, but when i try to connect to the xp machine it ask for username and password, we have usernames and passwords set up for both machines , they are the same ones we use to log onto our own machines. they both have admin rights. when we put in the username and password and hit ok it just ask for it again and doesnt connect..we are both connected to a router for my cable connection..the firewall allows acces from our ip's..any help..thanks rh_nayan@msn.com ...

Windows XP drivers
I am running Windows 98 with an Adaptec AHA-2940 SCSI card I am about to upgrade (finally!) to Windows XP But, I can't find a XP driver for the 2940. The "lastest" griver I can find at the Adaptec web site is for Windows 2000 Is there a XP driver for this card? Or is it built into the XP's OS? On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:53:33 -0400, "Zentraleinheit" <Zentraleinheit@Cop{REMOVE}per.net> wrote: >I am running Windows 98 with an Adaptec AHA-2940 SCSI card > >I am about to upgrade (finally!) to Windows XP > >But, I can't find a XP driver fo...

Windows XP problem
Hi All, I have an annoying problem which I can't seem to get to the bottom of. I have written a series of macros which read a dataset, do some selections, calculate some rates and write a couple of .csv files and a file which is a MapInfo 'workspace (.wor) file to do some mapping and generate a couple of jpeg image files when opened in MapInfo. This all works fine but requires user intervention to fire up MapInfo and import the workspace (either by double-clicking or by the File->Open workspace route). I though it would be nice to see if SAS would be kind enough to run MapInfo w...

Windows XP problems
Hello, We've got many problems with our Clarion application running at Windows XP. There are many fatal errors without any reason. The computer will hang or the application is leaved immediately. Most errors are in C55runx.dll. We've got version 5.5.7 and we've implemented the template changes from the Clarion update 5.5.8. Somebody recognizing this problem? Thanks Kees de Kraker Be sure you have installed SP1 for XP. Rocky "Kees de Kraker" <cdekraker@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3f7d8a44@news.softvelocity.com... > Hello, > > We've got man...

Windows XP-problem
Hello, Who could help me with this : Since this weekend, I connected my pc to the internet. After some minutes of surfing, My pc starts shutting down, displaying the following message : This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM. Windows must restart because the Remote Procedure Call Service (RPC) terminated unexpectedly.' What is happening here, am I subject to a virus or what is wrong ? Gunther "Gunther Hanegreefs" <Hanegreefsg@vanpelt.be> a �crit dans le message de news:726d33f2.0309150304.2f3f2bad@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > Who could help me...

Windows XP problem
I had many problems with Windows XP which were solved by my reinstalling it over the damaged program that I had on my computer ( P4 1.9 512mb Ram ) . I now find that my USB 1.1 is not working so I can't use my USB mouse . Help! I am a non tech person so please be simple . Thank you . Bernie Sounds like it may be a case of a bad driver. This might be worth a try: Hit the Device Manager button under the Hardware tab of the System Control Panel. If there are any devices in there with an exclamation or stopsign icon or something, particularly on the Universal Serial Bus branch, delete them c...

Problem with Windows XP
Hello, Five years ago, I did a c++ program with Direct Draw 4. When I use my program with Windows 98, ME or 2000, it's work very good. But now, when I want to use it with Windows XP, my program is very slow. Do have an idea about this problem? Thanks netsabes wrote: > Hello, > > Five years ago, I did a c++ program with Direct Draw 4. When I use my > program with Windows 98, ME or 2000, it's work very good. But now, > when I want to use it with Windows XP, my program is very slow. > Do have an idea about this problem? My idea is you should visit http://www.para...

Problems with Windows XP
I installed sendmail in my windows,but i cant to acess, because show the phrase Can't open sendmail at C:/Perl/lib/CGI/Carp.pm line 314 How can help me? <gustavosantana@walla.com> wrote in message news:1123188031.088438.313050@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > I installed sendmail in my windows,but i cant to acess, because show > the phrase > > Can't open sendmail at C:/Perl/lib/CGI/Carp.pm line 314 If you installed sendmail in a Microsoft Windows distribution, then it can be only a commercial version, in which case http://sendmail.com/ is providing tech. sup...

problems with windows xp
I wrote a script to send files with https to an server. this script has to work with linux and windows. To make it working under windows on PCs without tcl-engine I use tclkit. So I have a .exe file. It works with win98, winnt and win2000, but not with winxp? in next step I wrote a test-script witch follows. it even doesn't work with winxp when I made it a test.exe-file. The error message is: couldn't open "file.txt": no such file or directory. But this file is in the same directory like the test.exe file and with other windows versions it works what is wrong? ---------------...

Problems with Windows XP
When I want to execute my worksheet, Maple stops in the middle of the calculation. This only happens on a computer with Windows XP. With Windows Millenium there is no problem. Can I solve this problem? Or is this normal? Kwinten drakardegreef@hotmail.com (Kwinten De Greef) wrote: > When I want to execute my worksheet, Maple stops in the middle of the > calculation. This only happens on a computer with Windows XP. With > Windows Millenium there is no problem. Can I solve this problem? Or is > this normal? No, this is certainly not normal. Which Maple version, and w...

Windows XP problem
It's the Roms!! The version of Euphoric I downloaded from oric.free.fr doesn't have the ROMS!! Why not? Peter ...

Windows XP Problem
I cannot access internet or any IP based service from my computer. I use a dial-up connection. I cannot even connect to Tomcat on my machine using http://localhost:8080/. It shows 'Page cannot be displayed'. I fear that TCP/IP has some problem in my machine. Could anyone provide some pointers on this? I dont want to reinstall the OS for this problem. My machine does not have a network card. ...

windows xp problem
I have windows xp and bought 52/24/52 buslink cd rw drive to install on my computer. well its all here and i go to burn a cd to it and it states that i am not the comp admin. which i am.. i have even tried f8 and it states the same.. i am the admin. i can delete and add programs and do everything else but when i go to use my nero (above) it keeps telling me that i am not.. will someone please help me with this i am going nuts here..thanking everyone in advance and looking forward to any help u can give me. nero is nero express it comes with the buslink program to copy and burn cd..and ...

WINDOWS XP PRO --> WINDOWS 2003 SERVER
Hello, I want to add to the domain a computer but I can't. Client PC with Windows XP Pro can only see itself and the same with the windows 2003 server. The ping doesn't work. Maybe the problems are the IP numbers? Hardware is correctly installed and appears in both computers the network icon working. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance. PeeWee You must get basic network TCP/IP connectivity working first. PING tests will help. Once that happens then try joining the PC to the domain. Can you describe your network and TCP/IP network addressing? ...

HP ColorPro Plotter 7440 -- Windows 2000 OR Windows XP DRIVER
Are there any drivers that can be obtained to enable us to run an ancient HP COLORPRO PLOTTER 7440 on either a Windows 2000 or a Windows XP machine? Thanks! Scott.A.Smith@rogers.com wrote: > Are there any drivers that can be obtained to enable us to run an > ancient HP COLORPRO PLOTTER 7440 on either a Windows 2000 or a Windows > XP machine? Looking in my Printers installation in Windows 2000, there is an HP generic plotter driver for HPGL/2 plotters. The 7440 is HPGL/2. There is also a program called Winline that is a plotter driver for old plotters, versions for ...

[News] Windows Vista Inherits Windows XP's Problems
Windows Vista Inherits the Sins of the Father ,----[ Quote ] | Symantec presented a trilogy report following a generalized evaluation | of the operating system's network stack, User Account Control (UAC) | technology and kernel mode security and stated an instability | diagnosis concluding that Vista will deliver an inferior level of | protection compared to its predecessor. | | And Symantec is not a singular case in this regard; security experts | from Agnitum have pointed the finger at Microsoft for eliminating third | party proactive protection by denying kernel control via the alteri...

Problem with command pipeline and space in file name between Windows XP and Windows 7
I'm using command pipeline to start a another TCL script and I'm redirectin= g stderr out to a file. The following works fine on Windows 7/Linux even w= hen the value of error_log_file has a space in it. Note, $cmd has quite a f= ew arguments in it and it was "built up" using lappend. =20 if [catch {open "|$cmd 2>$error_log_file" "w+"} file_id] { When this is run on Windows XP, and error_log_file has a space in the filen= ame (or path), then everything up until the first space is being included a= s part of the command to run. No good. ...

How to modify windows XP/Vista to load ethernet device driver before video driver
Hello, For my project, I need to load the Ethernet driver before video driver so the network be ready to init data from network. How do I modify windows registry to let windows start network device first beflore loading video driver? Thanks "donghnguyen@gmail.com" <donghnguyen@gmail.com> wrote: > >For my project, I need to load the Ethernet driver before video driver >so the network be ready to init data from network. How do I modify >windows registry to let windows start network device first beflore >loading video driver? You don't. ...