White keyboard???

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I'm sick and tired of black keys with white letters. Not only are the
black keys with white lettering hard to see in the light, they're worse
in the dark.

I'd take a backlit keyboard but that sucks up battery life.

Who makes a laptop with regular white keys with black lettering?

Can keycaps be purchased to replace the existing ones?

I have a Dell Inspiron, but need to upgrade and I'm putting off buying
another until it meets this feature.

What were the Kreatives thinking?!!

Andy

0
Reply Andy 8/29/2004 7:28:26 PM

See related articles to this posting

"Andy" <nospm@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I'm sick and tired of black keys with white letters. Not only are the
> black keys with white lettering hard to see in the light, they're
> worse
> in the dark.
>
> I'd take a backlit keyboard but that sucks up battery life.
>
> Who makes a laptop with regular white keys with black lettering?
>
> Can keycaps be purchased to replace the existing ones?
>
> I have a Dell Inspiron, but need to upgrade and I'm putting off buying
> another until it meets this feature.
>
> What were the Kreatives thinking?!!
>
> Andy

Macintosh.  There is also a USB-powered keyboard light that attaches to
the screen.

Reply Quaoar 8/30/2004 12:56:58 AM

Andy <nospm@nowhere.com> wrote in news:x5udnVoGt6HHs6_cRVn-ug@giganews.com:

> I'm sick and tired of black keys with white letters. Not only are the
> black keys with white lettering hard to see in the light, they're worse
> in the dark.
>
> I'd take a backlit keyboard but that sucks up battery life.
>
> Who makes a laptop with regular white keys with black lettering?

<SNIP>

Fujitsu N3010 - add a Kensington USB Flylight and even us old guys can see!

--
matthew.carrick@myfingergmail.com

Pull my finger . . . thanks!
0
Reply M 8/30/2004 9:02:12 PM

> Andy <nospm@nowhere.com> wrote in news:x5udnVoGt6HHs6_cRVn-ug@giganews.com:
> > I'm sick and tired of black keys with white letters. Not only are the
> > black keys with white lettering hard to see in the light, they're worse
> > in the dark. I'd take a backlit keyboard but that sucks up battery life.

I take it that the way you use your laptop, a regular white external
keyboard wouldn't work?

> > Who makes a laptop with regular white keys with black lettering?
> > What were the Kreatives thinking?!!

Thinking?  You give them too much credit.  More like "follow the
trend."

"IBM makes black laptops, so our laptops must be black to compete
effectively"
or some such nonsense.  If you look at old laptops (talking
pre-pentium here), you'll find that many are in fact white/putty.

And of course, as Q pointed out, there's always an Apple product :-)
0
Reply alordofchaos 8/31/2004 9:07:29 PM

alordofchaos@yahoo.com (Anonymous Jack) wrote in

alordofchaos,

> I take it that the way you use your laptop, a regular white external
> keyboard wouldn't work?

Not really. That would make computing while commuting a hassle, as well
as computing while in the comfort of the laz-y-boy. I do use a usb mouse
on the TV tray.

> And of course, as Q pointed out, there's always an Apple product :-)

I have an old G4 tower but when OS/X came out, I cross-licensed all my
software over to Windows. Not to create a debate--I still have my orignal
512K Mac from 1985.

The old Dell Inspiron 8000 sends out s-video, dolby 5.1 and a virtual
desktops to the home theater. It's a nice small footprint interface.
Here's a jpg:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/foxcat/bigtenfoot.jpg

The keyboard is a big pain in the neck although I can still blind type
pretty fast.

Take it easy,

Andy
0
Reply Andy 8/31/2004 11:07:45 PM
comp.laptops 2874 articles. 5 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Apple Wireless Keyboard vs white Apple Pro Keyboard
I am currently typing on the Pro model. For some reason, and I don't know if there is any truth to it or if it's just a "placebo" affect, but thus far I have found that Apple slightly improved the feel of their pro keyboards when they switched the keys from black to white, as if more than just the color changed. I have always been picky about how a keyboard feels. Is there any difference to how it feels to type on one of the new wireless models, assuming any of you have yet had the opportunity to check one out? Thanks, -Will ...

White keyboard on new MacBooks?
Hey all I just wondering if nayone knows why Apple did put a white keyboard on the new MacBooks. It would nicely match the keyboard on their newest keybards. M.M. In article <541409cc-bace-4a92-863b-1f028d86b7e9@r36g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, mackmin@fastmail.fm wrote: > I just wondering if nayone knows why Apple did put a white keyboard on > the new MacBooks. It would nicely match the keyboard on their newest > keybards. My guess would be the backlight. Backlighting black on a white face is extremely hard to see. Palm did the reverse backlighting with the Palm V, and i...

F16 key on Apple USB Keyboard (white)
I just bought the new Apple USB keyboard (white) and it has an F16 key! That's great, except the Keyboard Control panel only lets me assign keys F1 - F15. Does anyone know of a patch or update to the Keyboard Control Panel that will let me assign key F16? Thanks! Aaron Gobler wrote: > > I just bought the new Apple USB keyboard (white) and it has an F16 > key! See if it ejects the primary optical drive. George Williams <nyar1ath0tep@mac.com> wrote in message news:<3F85D32F.230A65EC@mac.com>... > Aaron Gobler wrote: > > > > I just bought the new A...

bootable white box cd freezes keyboard
I installed whitebox 3.0 from a set of 3 bootable cdroms onto a 5Gb drive without problems. The machine booted from the hard disk several times, without problems and I used linux to do stuff (surf, read docs, ...). Then I tried to add my windows xp 60Gb drive as a secondary drive and configure it in grub.conf. Added: title Windows XP root (hd1,0) chainloader +1 When I rebooted, I selected linux and had no problems. Then I rebooted again and chose XP. Didn't work and I got an error message "missing io.sys". Disconnected XP disk and tried to boot linux hard disk ag...

FS: Apple White ENGLISH wireless bluetooth keyboard
Hi all, Trying to sell some unneeded equipment. This keyboard has been on for 2 days and still at 0.99$ start bid. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=120312149708 Apple Wireless White/Clear Keyboard Model: A1016 Condition: Gently used, still in good condition. Used with iMac Mini also on ebay auction Description: The 109-key Apple Keyboard features full-size cursor keys perfect for zipping up, down and sideways in a game or on a spreadsheet. Special keys provide immediate access to the system audio level (volume up, down, mute) as well as...

For Trade: Apple Pro Keyboard w/White Keys for One with Black
Hello, I've recently bought an Apple G4 tower. It came with one of the Apple pro keyboards with white keys. But I have two 17 inch LCD monitors with black frames, black speakers, and a dark graphite logitech trackball. So basically, my desktop would look better with a pro keyboard with the older style black keys. If anyone would like to swap my white keyboard + optical mouse for your black keyboard + mouse, let me know by emailing me at: Applemac_g4@hotmail.com Thanks. (I'm interested in trading for the full size Apple pro keyboard that shipped with Quicksilve...

FA on eBay: Apple iMac G3 400 MHZ Blue White w/ Keyboard & Mouse
Hi, I am auctioning off an Apple iMac on eBay. The auction ends on October 16, 2005. It features: =B7 OS 10.2 - Tiger =B7 400 MHz PowerPC 750 G3 processor =B7 9.5 GB Hard Drive =B7 Slot Loading CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive =B7 USB Keyboard & Mouse =B7 14" Monitor Please note there are no manuals or system discs included with this computer. Click on the link below for more info and photo. Thanks. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D5817442493 ...

FA on eBay: White/Clear USB Pro Keyboard & Mouse - iSight Camera - External Floppy
Hi, I am auctioning off several Mac Hardware items as well as some other misc computer items. The Mac items end Sunday, August 7, 2005. Click on the links below for more info. Thanks. Apple iSight WebCam - Used only once since being opened: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=522524953 Apple Pro USB Clear/White Keyboard Model M7803 + Mouse: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5225253651 Macally USB SLIM EXTERNAL FLOPPY DRIVE for PC or MAC - Like New: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5225262893 ****MISC COMPUTER ITEMS*** HP...