error=> /dev/fd0 is not a valid block device

Hello,
        I download kernel 2.4.26 and compiled it. When i boot it, it
fails to mount floppy drive with error
mount: /dev/fd0 is not a valid block device
I check /etc/fstab there is entry for /dev/fd0 to mount at /mnt/floppy.
Also My default Redhat kernel 2.4.20-8 does mount the floppy without
any problem. I check for modules they are already loaded in 2.4.30 when
i /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy but it fails.
     I am Mounting Floppy as root.

0
rahul8143
5/10/2005 12:58:39 PM
comp.linux.development.system 5436 articles. 0 followers. zixenus (12) is leader. Post Follow

rahul8143@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>         I download kernel 2.4.26 and compiled it. When i boot it, it
> fails to mount floppy drive with error
> mount: /dev/fd0 is not a valid block device
> I check /etc/fstab there is entry for /dev/fd0 to mount at /mnt/floppy.
> Also My default Redhat kernel 2.4.20-8 does mount the floppy without
> any problem. I check for modules they are already loaded in 2.4.30 when
> i /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy but it fails.
>      I am Mounting Floppy as root.

Does your /dev directory have an entry fd0?

Is the floppy driver in the kernel? Check the dmesg
messages for a floppy driver. There should me a
message resembling this:

Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M
FDC 0 is a National Semiconductor PC87306

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

0