porting network driver from 2.2.x to 2.4.x

Hello, All!

There are some sources of pseudo network interface driver develkoped for
2.2.x kernel. I have to port it onto 2.4.x kernel.
I have explored the structure 'net_device' from linux/net/netdevice.h, there
are few major changes. The main problem for now is - how to check that
interface is ready to transmit data (in 2.2.x 'tbusy' field was used fot
this and function 'test_and_set_busy' checking the 'tbusy' state).  But thus
field was removed from 2.4.x kernel, and now you should use the function
'netif_start_queue' or 'netif_stop_queue'.

How can I check in 2.4.x that device is not busy and ready to to transmit
data?

Thanks in advance.

With best regards, Roman Mashak.  E-mail: mrv@tusur.ru

0
Roman
2/24/2004 11:45:41 PM
comp.linux.development.system 5436 articles. 0 followers. zixenus (12) is leader. Post Follow