what is mounted at a mount point?

Is there any way to determine what the kernel's idea of what is mounted at
a mount point is?  Specifically, I'd like to find out which directory was
mounted using the bind mount option.  This information is not in /proc/mounts.
Is it even kept at all?  I suspect operationally, it only has the directory
inode to work from for the mount point?

That even makes me wonder what happens if a bind mounted directory gets moved
around from the perspective of a mount that has it as a subdirectory.  Maybe
time for some sacrifical experiments.

| Phil Howard KA9WGN (ka9wgn.ham.org)  /  Do not send to the address below |
| first name lower case at ipal.net   /  spamtrap-2007-06-01-2115@ipal.net |
phil
6/2/2007 2:20:16 AM
comp.linux.development.system 5436 articles. 0 followers. zixenus (12) is leader. Post Follow