Time on Sent Mail One Hour Ahead of Current Time

I am trying to post this one again since last time I did not get an answer
on point.

On one of my Notes clients, email that is going out is time stamped one hour
ahead of the current time.   The timestamp on the mail is one hour ahead of
the clock on the PC where the email is sent.

At the time the mail is sent, Notes client shows the correct timestamp.
The moment I send the mail and go to inspect the saved mail in the Sent or
All Document view, it is stamped one hour ahead.

Since the timestamp is created by the client and the email is so marked
before the server gets the mail, it looks like it might be a configuration
problem on the client, such as failure to recognize daylight savings time.

The client and server are 5.0.10.

Any theories on what is causing this strange problem?

comp.lotus-notes.admin 2984 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

As far as I can remember, verions prior to 5.0.12 had various bugs in
handling the daylight saving time information.
Any chance to upgrade to a newer release?
If not try looking for something about the DST_LAW variable of the notes.ini
(sorry but I don't have my old records about R5 any longer).

Daniele

"W" <persistentone@spamarrest.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>I am trying to post this one again since last time I did not get an answer
>on point.
>
> On one of my Notes clients, email that is going out is time stamped one
> hour ahead of the current time.   The timestamp on the mail is one hour
> ahead of
> the clock on the PC where the email is sent.
>
> At the time the mail is sent, Notes client shows the correct timestamp.
> The moment I send the mail and go to inspect the saved mail in the Sent or
> All Document view, it is stamped one hour ahead.
>
> Since the timestamp is created by the client and the email is so marked
> before the server gets the mail, it looks like it might be a configuration
> problem on the client, such as failure to recognize daylight savings time.
>
> The client and server are 5.0.10.
>
> Any theories on what is causing this strange problem?
>
> --

Daniele
8/21/2011 6:56:35 PM
In article <dOqdnc8VcKKCK83TnZ2dnUVZ_oqdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
 "W" <persistentone@spamarrest.com> wrote:

> I am trying to post this one again since last time I did not get an answer
> on point.
>
> On one of my Notes clients, email that is going out is time stamped one hour
> ahead of the current time.   The timestamp on the mail is one hour ahead of
> the clock on the PC where the email is sent.
>
> At the time the mail is sent, Notes client shows the correct timestamp.
> The moment I send the mail and go to inspect the saved mail in the Sent or
> All Document view, it is stamped one hour ahead.
>
> Since the timestamp is created by the client and the email is so marked
> before the server gets the mail, it looks like it might be a configuration
> problem on the client, such as failure to recognize daylight savings time.
>
> The client and server are 5.0.10.
>
> Any theories on what is causing this strange problem?

I ran into this once -- XP wasn't patched for the Daylight Savings Time
change that came out about 3 years ago.  Check the OS patches?
0
Thom

Time on Outgoing Mail One Hour Ahead
On one of my Notes clients, email that is going out is time stamped one hour ahead of the current time. The timestamp on the mail is one hour ahead of the clock on the PC where the email is sent. Since the timestamp is created by the client and the email is so marked before the server gets the mail, it looks like it might be a configuration problem on the client, such as failure to recognize daylight savings time. The client and server are 5.0.10. How do you enable daylight savings on the client, and what are other possible causes of this issue? -- W "W&qu...

Time on Outgoing Mail One Hour Ahead
On one of my Notes clients, email that is going out is time stamped one hour ahead of the current time. The timestamp on the mail is one hour ahead of the clock on the PC where the email is sent. Since the timestamp is created by the client and the email is so marked before the server gets the mail, it looks like it might be a configuration problem on the client, such as failure to recognize daylight savings time. The client and server are 5.0.10. How do you enable daylight savings on the client, and what are other possible causes of this issue? -- W "W&qu...

How do display current time on axial X?And every data change one time per hour .
Hi all , For waveform chart/graph . How do display current time on axial X?And every data change one time&nbsp; per hour . &nbsp; for detail , see attach file current time on axial X.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/247216/1/current time on axial X.JPG Thank you in advance ! but how do make interval to be 1 hour for every data ? 1.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/247419/1/1.vi Could you give me a sample ? thank you ! Uh, put the Elapsed Time function on your diagram. Put a case statement on your diagram. Wire the Time Has Elapsed output to the case selecto...

Sent OSX Mail time different from System time?
I checked the system and it's correct - I live in EST but the time on the e-mails is from California. I checked the apple.com forums and there are tons of problems adddressed ( no pun intended) but not this one. Any help would be appreciated Barry Feldman >I checked the system and it's correct - I live in EST but the time on >the e-mails is from California. I checked the apple.com forums and >there are tons of problems adddressed ( no pun intended) but not this >one. Common problem, easy fix. Your computer's time zone is set wrong. You set the time zone in Date and...

time.time or time.clock
I'm having some cross platform issues with timing loops. It seems time.time is better for some computers/platforms and time.clock others, but it's not always clear which, so I came up with the following to try to determine which. import time # Determine if time.time is better than time.clock # The one with better resolution should be lower. if time.clock() - time.clock() < time.time() - time.time(): clock = time.clock else: clock = time.time Will this work most of the time, or is there something better? Ron On Jan 14, 7:05 am, Ron Ad...

time.clock() or time.time()
What's the difference between time.clock() and time.time() (and please don't say clock() is the CPU clock and time() is the actual time because that doesn't help me at all :) I'm trying to benchmark some function calls for Zope project and when I use t0=time.clock(); foo(); print time.clock()-t0 I get much smaller values than when I use time.clock() (most of them 0.0 but some 0.01) When I use time.time() I get values like 0.0133562088013, 0.00669002532959 etc. To me it looks like time.time() gives a better measure (at least from a statistical practical point of view). peterb...

time.time()
am I doing this wrong: print (time.time() / 60) / 60 #time.time has been running for many hours if time.time() was (21600/60) then that would equal 360/60 which would be 6, but I'm not getting 6 so I'm not doing the division right, any tips? On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 13:01:40 -0500, Bart Nessux <bart_nessux@hotmail.com> wrote: >am I doing this wrong: > >print (time.time() / 60) / 60 #time.time has been running for many hours > >if time.time() was (21600/60) then that would equal 360/60 which would >be 6, but I'm not getting 6 so I'm not doing the divisi...

Is time.time() < time.time() always true?
So, I was blazin' some mad chronix, as they say, and got on to thinking about Python. The question was, is the statement: time.time() < time.time() always true? Seems it should be false, since the statement itself occurs at one time instant.. but of course we know that python doesn't execute code that way.. So my question is, why doesn't Python work this way? (PS, I wasn't smoking anything, its a figure of speech :) ) On 21 Nov 2006 15:10:25 -0800, flamesrock <flamesrock@gmail.com> wrote: > So, I was blazin' some mad chronix, as they say, and got on to th...

The time on the notes server is 1 hour ahead.
Hi I have Noticed that the time on the notes server is 1 hour ahead compared with the time of the OS. How can I set the time right on the notes server without restarting the notesserver? Is there a command I can use in the server console to synchronize the time with the OS time? Regards ...

difference between one-time pad and one-time password?
Can someone please explain the difference between one-time pad and one-time password? Thanks, M0nst3r In article <7Vtzg.8641$Ca.6536@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, M0nst3r <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: >Can someone please explain the difference between one-time pad and one-time >password? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-time_password http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-time_pad M0nst3r <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > Can someone please explain the difference between one-time pad and one-time > password? One-Time-Pad is a cryptography algorithm, one-time-password, of...

Q: Time series with various sample times in one Structure with Time?
Hello, I have a couple of Structure with Time .mat files that contain time series (typically spanning 10 minutes). The series are sampled at 50, 125, 250 and 500 Hz (i.e. some series have 30.000 samples, others 300.000 etc.) E.g.: SwT1.time = 0 0.002 0.004 0.006 0.008 0.010 0.012 0.014 0.016 0.018 0.020 ... SwT1.signals.values = 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... SwT2.time = 0 0.008 0.016 0.024 0.032 ... SwT2.signals.values = 100 101 102 103 103 ... etc. What I'd like to do is create one single Structure with Time: SwT.time = 0 0.002 0.004 0.006 0.008 0.010 0.012 0.014...

Formatting a time (not current time)
Hi, to format a certain time (say 14:15) what would you have to do? I found the following way: Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance(); cal.set (Calendar.HOUR_OF_DAY, 14); cal.set (Calendar.MINUTE, 15); Date date = cal.getTime(); DateFormat df = DateFormat.getTimeInstance(); StringBuffer msg = new StringBuffer(); msg.append (df.format (date)); The problem seemed to be that it is not possible to directly format a Calendar time. Do I really have to create a (somewhat incomplete) Date from the Calender time first? Kind regards, ...

RE: Is time.time() < time.time() always true?
Chris Mellon wrote: > On 21 Nov 2006 15:10:25 -0800, flamesrock <flamesrock@gmail.com> > wrote:=20 >> So, I was blazin' some mad chronix, as they say, and got on to >> thinking about Python.=20 >>=20 >> The question was, is the statement: >>=20 >> time.time() < time.time() >>=20 >> always true? Seems it should be false, since the statement itself >> occurs at one time instant.. but of course we know that python >> doesn't execute code that way.. So my question is, why doesn't >> Python work this way?=...

time in milliseconds by calling time.time()
I am trying to measure some system response time by using the time.time () or time.clock() in my script. However, the numbers I get are in 10s of milliseconds. For example, 1248481670.34 #from time.time() 0.08 #from time.clock() That won't work for me, since the response time may be only a few milliseconds. My environment is Solaris 10 with Python 2.4.4 (#7, Feb 9 2007, 22:10:21). SunOS 5.10 Generic_137112-07 i86pc i386 i86pc The tricky thing is, if I run the python interpreter and import the time module, I can get a time floating number in better precision by cal...

Web resources about - Time on Sent Mail One Hour Ahead of Current Time - comp.lotus-notes.admin

Ocean current - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An ocean current is a continuous, directed movement of ocean water generated by the forces acting upon this mean flow , such as breaking waves ...

Ivan Milat’s younger brother Paul Milat gets angry in A Current Affair interview
... into a foul-mouthed tirade when approached by a TV crew about an alleged tenancy dispute. Paul Milat was approached for an interview by A Current ...

Examining the Current State of Social Marketing
... based on social media insights still presents a challenge to many marketing teams. An infographic from Morrison Foerster examines the current ...

Breakthrough battery prototype can store five times the energy of current Li-ion batteries
... for a so-called "lithium-oxygen" battery that is based on lithium superoxide (LiO 2 ) and can store up to five times the energy of current lithium-ion ...

Carolina Panthers' Current Success Rooted in Last Year's Difficult Decisions - Bleacher Report
Sometimes, difficult decisions made by an NFL organization can shift the entire paradigm of a franchise...

Al Jazeera America is giving up — 3 years after buying Al Gore’s Current TV for $500 million.
... and smart," covering American news "soberly and seriously." In prime time ratings, it struggled to get 30,000 viewers. But Gore's Current TV ...

Current Links
**Latest Links:** * **Heather Boushey**: [Finding Time: The Economics of Work-Life Conflict](http://amzn.to/1Nvxz1N) (Cambridge: Harvard University ...

Marc Andreessen predicted GoPro's current problems back when it filed to go public
GoPro shares are tanking more than 20% after the sports video camera maker warned of lower than expected holiday sales and announced plans to ...

No Current Plans For Live-Action Star Wars TV Series
While a Star Wars TV series may seem like a natural progression to the fans, especially with the [...]