I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA

I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA

0
meak
10/25/2003 12:00:33 PM
comp.lotus-notes.apps 586 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

<-=meak=-@ammy.com.invalid> wrote in message
> I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs
to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA

How far did you get ?  Post up your own attempt to do this and then we will
point out where you are going wrong.

I will give you a starter :-

Write an agent in script

dim sess as new notessession
dim db as notedatabase
set db = sess.currentdatabase
for looper = 1 to 500000
    dim newdoc as new notesdocument(db)
    newdoc.field1="I"
    newdoc.field2="must"
    newdoc.field3="try"
    newdoc.field4="harder"
    call newdoc.save(true, false)
next

there thats more than a starter its nearly complete.

0
Philip