f



Can't Print, Can't Forward

Dear LN Experts,

I have a simple Lotus Notes database containing a form with several fields 
but no subforms.

In production, the application does not allow anyone to print documents 
created with the main form or to forward them via email.

I have checked each field individually and confirmed that the form security 
setting allows printing and forwarding and I am at a loss to resolve the 
problem.

Although I am a manager in the db, I myself am not allowed to print a 
document. The print option is grey in the file menu.

If I create a new document, enter some data and save it, I am allowed to 
print the document, but I can not print any other document in the database.

Any ideas where I might look next?

Thanks very much for your help.

Thomas. 


0
Thomas
11/17/2005 9:49:04 PM
comp.lotus-notes.programmer 2966 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

3 Replies
1062 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 27

There is a setting on the Security tab of From properties to disable 
Printing/Forwarding/Copying to clipboard.  If that is set, a field called 
$KeepPrivate is added to the document with a value of "1".  Even if the 
setting is later disabled, the field remains on existing documents, so they 
still will be locked.  You would need to remove the $KeepPrivate field from 
existing documents.  A Formula agent can easily do that.

Tim Mohrlant - tmohrlant@NO_JUNK_MAIL_comcast.net (remove NO_JUNK_MAIL_)


"Thomas Hardy" <thomas_HardyDELETE@excite.com> wrote in message 
news:dlits9$e1v$00$1@news.t-online.com...
> Dear LN Experts,
>
> I have a simple Lotus Notes database containing a form with several fields 
> but no subforms.
>
> In production, the application does not allow anyone to print documents 
> created with the main form or to forward them via email.
>
> I have checked each field individually and confirmed that the form 
> security setting allows printing and forwarding and I am at a loss to 
> resolve the problem.
>
> Although I am a manager in the db, I myself am not allowed to print a 
> document. The print option is grey in the file menu.
>
> If I create a new document, enter some data and save it, I am allowed to 
> print the document, but I can not print any other document in the 
> database.
>
> Any ideas where I might look next?
>
> Thanks very much for your help.
>
> Thomas.
> 


0
Tim
11/18/2005 12:28:03 AM
Thanks Tim, I'll try that and let you know.




"Tim Mohrlant" <no_spam@wanted.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
news:7LmdnY-6frSJveDenZ2dnUVZ_sKdnZ2d@comcast.com...
> There is a setting on the Security tab of From properties to disable 
> Printing/Forwarding/Copying to clipboard.  If that is set, a field called 
> $KeepPrivate is added to the document with a value of "1".  Even if the 
> setting is later disabled, the field remains on existing documents, so 
> they still will be locked.  You would need to remove the $KeepPrivate 
> field from existing documents.  A Formula agent can easily do that.
>
> Tim Mohrlant - tmohrlant@NO_JUNK_MAIL_comcast.net (remove NO_JUNK_MAIL_)
>
>
> "Thomas Hardy" <thomas_HardyDELETE@excite.com> wrote in message 
> news:dlits9$e1v$00$1@news.t-online.com...
>> Dear LN Experts,
>>
>> I have a simple Lotus Notes database containing a form with several 
>> fields but no subforms.
>>
>> In production, the application does not allow anyone to print documents 
>> created with the main form or to forward them via email.
>>
>> I have checked each field individually and confirmed that the form 
>> security setting allows printing and forwarding and I am at a loss to 
>> resolve the problem.
>>
>> Although I am a manager in the db, I myself am not allowed to print a 
>> document. The print option is grey in the file menu.
>>
>> If I create a new document, enter some data and save it, I am allowed to 
>> print the document, but I can not print any other document in the 
>> database.
>>
>> Any ideas where I might look next?
>>
>> Thanks very much for your help.
>>
>> Thomas.
>>
>
> 


0
Thomas
11/20/2005 8:59:18 PM
Tim,

Thanks for that quick solution, it worked fine.

It would have taken me forever to find that on my own. Thanks again.

Thomas.

"Tim Mohrlant" <no_spam@wanted.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
news:7LmdnY-6frSJveDenZ2dnUVZ_sKdnZ2d@comcast.com...
> There is a setting on the Security tab of From properties to disable 
> Printing/Forwarding/Copying to clipboard.  If that is set, a field called 
> $KeepPrivate is added to the document with a value of "1".  Even if the 
> setting is later disabled, the field remains on existing documents, so 
> they still will be locked.  You would need to remove the $KeepPrivate 
> field from existing documents.  A Formula agent can easily do that.
>
> Tim Mohrlant - tmohrlant@NO_JUNK_MAIL_comcast.net (remove NO_JUNK_MAIL_)
>
>
> "Thomas Hardy" <thomas_HardyDELETE@excite.com> wrote in message 
> news:dlits9$e1v$00$1@news.t-online.com...
>> Dear LN Experts,
>>
>> I have a simple Lotus Notes database containing a form with several 
>> fields but no subforms.
>>
>> In production, the application does not allow anyone to print documents 
>> created with the main form or to forward them via email.
>>
>> I have checked each field individually and confirmed that the form 
>> security setting allows printing and forwarding and I am at a loss to 
>> resolve the problem.
>>
>> Although I am a manager in the db, I myself am not allowed to print a 
>> document. The print option is grey in the file menu.
>>
>> If I create a new document, enter some data and save it, I am allowed to 
>> print the document, but I can not print any other document in the 
>> database.
>>
>> Any ideas where I might look next?
>>
>> Thanks very much for your help.
>>
>> Thomas.
>>
>
> 


0
Thomas
11/21/2005 6:53:43 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Can't see print preview and can't print under Lexmark Z32!
Hi, I face a problem that my customer using lexmark z32 USB prot printer, clarion 5.5 can't generate print preview and can't to printer also. Does anybody face this problem before? How to solve this problem? TQ. Best Regards, Nelson ...

HP C5280 can't print photos properly, HP can't fix, any suggestions?
Several months ago, I bought an HP C5280 All-In-One. I already have a good laser printer, so the only reason why I bought the C5280 was to be able to print high-quality photo prints. The C5280 has been unable to do that since the day I bought it. HP has sent me two replacement printers and five replacement photo cartridges. While the quality varies from cartridge to cartridge, it doesn't vary from printer to printer, and none of the catridges or printers produce prints of acceptable quality (in particular, printers which don't have stripes on them from jets in the cart...

Can't clean. Says it's printing. It isn't.
I'm trying to clean cartridge heads in an HP660C printer that has been unused for some time. I printed one test page which showed streaks. No other jobs had been set up for printing nor were being printed. When I went to the services page and tried to clean the heads it kept coming up with a message that I can't because the printer is printing. It wasn't. I tried "purge print documents", and turning the printer off and on again. Still wouldn't clean. Thanks for any suggestions. I really need to get some letters printed soon. "Martin&...

Can't do math. Can't read.
Can't do math. Can't read. We must be talking about Snit. LOL! ...

OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them...
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-1024234.html Is Google's cache cutting a cash flow? By Stefanie Olsen CNET News.com July 10, 2003, 7:03 AM PT Quote: "Many of us copyright lawyers have been waiting for this issue to come up: Google is making copies of all the Web sites they index and they're not asking permission," said Fred von Lohman, an attorney at the Electronic Frontier Foundation. "From a strict copyright standpoint, it violates copyright." * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://rave...

Re: OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them...
Mark writes: > Is Google's cache cutting a cash flow? But on the positive side, last week the federal 9th circuit court affirmed that offering "thumbnails" of graphic images is "fair use"... http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/07/07/2141216 G. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Re: OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them...
Does that mean that every PC that maintains a cache of web content is violating copyright ? -----Original Message----- From: Mark Wonsil [mailto:wonsil@4m-ent.com] Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 10:40 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: [HP3000-L] OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them... http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-1024234.html Is Google's cache cutting a cash flow? By Stefanie Olsen CNET News.com July 10, 2003, 7:03 AM PT Quote: "Many of us copyright lawyers have been waiting for this issue to come up: Google is making cop...

iBlog: can't preview, can't publish
I've done a very simple Blog, when I click on preview, I have a little wheel near the preview turning around for ever, nothing happens. Same problem with the Publish function. Using iBlog 1.3.9/panther and a .mac accont. I've set everything like they say. -- *** remove "_no_junk" for mail replies *** ...

Can't cd , can't use wildcard
Hi , I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whenever I try to "cd" into some of the directories(which exist), I get an "Invalid directory". I can use to get into few of the directories(using cd) but for other it just says "Invalid directory". Moreover, I can't use any wildcard characters..(*, ? etc) at all.. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks Arun On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:13:52 GMT, Arun Goel <arun.goel@sbcglobal.net> wrote the following to comp.os.msdos.misc: > Hi , > > I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whene...

Why can't my serial driver can't keep up?
Hi, I'm trying to write a serial driver for Linux 2.6.7 on an Intel Xscale PXA255 for a custom UART implemented in an FPGA. The UART is accessed through the PCI bus and seems to be working correctly. I'm testing out the driver by sending it 260,000 bytes at 19200 no parity, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit. Unfortunately it doesn't always receive all the data. It frequently is missing a block of about 30-100 bytes. I set up the UART to be 64 bytes deep and interrupt the processor when the FIFO gets 14 bytes full, but I think something is delaying my ISR because the data is mis...

Re: OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them... #2
> -----Original Message----- > From: John Lee [mailto:jlee@vaskecomputer.com] > Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 11:41 AM > To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU > Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, > can't shoot > them... > > > Good question. And what if it's a cookie? And how do you > determine that? > And if I get a cookie that I didn't "authorize", am I entitled to > compensation for rental use of my disk space? > > John Lee Or worse yet, what if it's one of these: Hackers Hi...

New WIN98 installation of Scilab 2.5: PROBLEM: can't print to scilex from keyboard; can't change scilex background (using toolbar command)
hello and thank-you. i tried to put everything I have to say in the subject line! To amplify a little, I have just completed a new installation of scilab 2.5 on my ancient win98 operating system, on my toshiba tecra 8000 laptop. on starting scilab, i find i am able to run demos, and generally operate from the command line successfully. however as you will understand i wish to edit files, and when i try the editor (scilex) i find i am presented with a frame of black screen with a toolbar on which i can change the typeface but not the background, and i cannot put text into the edit...

Eudora can't write to file so can't start
I start Eudora. I get the mailbox In has been changed and is different from the table of contents error. I click rebuild. I get the error message saying can'r open file eudora\attachablah-blah (loads of sgquiggle charcters I can't recreate). I click ok and get an unhandled exception error. Then I get the illegal operation closing down error. then we cycle endlessly though it. I can't get Eudora started and would be grateful for ideas. Thanks in advance, BB Big Bill <kruse@cityscape.co.uk> wrote in news:qhedk0lpmnjgkd9hnia5q82cqfbccnfrfl@4ax.com: > I star...

Can't see hard drive/can't boot.
Using an Intel Mac with 2gb ram with updated Leopard. When starting up, the hard drive does its usual whine, then stops, and starts again. I get the Apple logo on the grey background. But it refuses to go further. Just does this over and over. Its like its hitting some block on the startup. So I take that hard drive and try it on another Mac. It sees it perfectly. I try some utilities to test it - tests 100%. It behaves perfectly. Then I take the 2nd hard drive I use all the time on that system (firewire) and plug it into the other Mac. Its invisible. Nothing in the Finder. ...

Web resources about - Can't Print, Can't Forward - comp.lotus-notes.programmer

Resources last updated: 2/3/2016 11:34:45 AM