CW 8.3/CW 9.4 Mac OS X 10.4 problem

Hi
After installing 10.4
I can not drag and drop files into the IDE window anymore

I tried c/c++/java files in 8.3 and c/c++ in 9.4

Is there workaround for that?

However I can add files from he Project->Add files without any problem

Actually I saw that problem on all prerelease builds
After clean installations upgrades
Thanks

0
Dmitry
4/30/2005 8:39:30 AM
comp.mac.codewarrior 2568 articles. 0 followers. ja7789 (3) is leader. Post Follow

In article <BE98BC82.1156%dimamarkman@comcast.net>,
 Dmitry Markman <dimamarkman@comcast.net> wrote:

> I tried c/c++/java files in 8.3 and c/c++ in 9.4
>
> Is there workaround for that?

MW has said they will release a 9.5 'soon', hopefully that will be fixed.

> However I can add files from he Project->Add files without any problem

That's the workaround. :)
0
Sean
4/30/2005 3:20:22 PM
In article <BE98BC82.1156%dimamarkman@comcast.net>,
 Dmitry Markman <dimamarkman@comcast.net> wrote:

> After installing 10.4
> I can not drag and drop files into the IDE window anymore
>
> I tried c/c++/java files in 8.3 and c/c++ in 9.4
>
> Is there workaround for that?

This will be fixed in the 9.5 update, coming really soon
0
Josef
5/2/2005 2:51:26 PM
"Really soon" sounds pretty lame. Why didn't we have something that
worked when Tiger was released or even before? Is this a huge project
you've been working on for the past six months? I know Metrowerks had
access to Tiger seeds and that problems with CW Pro9 were reported to
MW. What I don't know is why we're still waiting.

Larry

0
larry
5/3/2005 12:06:09 AM
On 02.05.2005 18:51, in article
jwankerl-D9DC07.09512602052005@az33news01.freescale.net, "Josef W. Wankerl"
<jwankerl@metrowerks.com> wrote:

>> After installing 10.4
>> I can not drag and drop files into the IDE window anymore
>>
>> I tried c/c++/java files in 8.3 and c/c++ in 9.4
>>
>> Is there workaround for that?
>
> This will be fixed in the 9.5 update, coming really soon

  Well, we still have to use CW 8 (because of booting in OS 9), so this
doesn't help much...

  Any word about the root cause? At least, I'd be able to add the
information to my Radar report and hope that this increases its chances. Or
maybe there exists a real workaround?

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov

0
Alexey
5/3/2005 7:27:11 AM
I don't think it's the fault of the engineers or even the management,
as it is with corporate ownership.  Just a few years back, Metrowerks
proudly announced how CodeWarrior ran on the OS X betas.  (In fact, I
think Pro 6 and 7 had Mac OS X Beta was even listed in the System
Requirements on the box itself.)  And even when support for a
technology was going to be dropped (such as with 68K and Pascal), they
would pre-announce that several versions in advance.

Unfortunately, the official line today has been dramaticly changed to
"We don't support beta versions of the Operating System".  This 180
degree turnaround is just one example of many, since this whole
Freescale fiasco got underway.

Let's just be glad that there will be a 9.5 update at all.  :-)

0
jonhoyle
5/3/2005 9:21:07 PM
In article <1115078769.121261.153030@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 larry@skytag.com wrote:

>"Really soon" sounds pretty lame. Why didn't we have something that
>worked when Tiger was released or even before?

Because even the very latest Betas often tend to have slight differences
than the release versions.  So in order to support the release version
we have to wait until it is out.  Good regression testing takes a while
undernormal circumstances if a bug is found.  Then there is the IS
department to deal with and having something posted.

Finally there is the MW Ron rule,  that a patch or release may not be
done on a Thursday or Friday,  I demand that for my sanity.

> Is this a huge project
>you've been working on for the past six months? I know Metrowerks had
>access to Tiger seeds and that problems with CW Pro9 were reported to
>MW. What I don't know is why we're still waiting.

Because you demand quality and deserve it.

Ron

--
Metrowerks Community Forum is a free online resource for developers
to discuss CodeWarrior topics with other users and Metrowerks' staff

 Ron Liechty - MWRon@metrowerks.com - http://www.metrowerks.com
0
MW
5/4/2005 10:13:40 PM
In article <1115155267.909146.22740@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
 "jonhoyle@mac.com" <jonhoyle@mac.com> wrote:

>I don't think it's the fault of the engineers or even the management,
>as it is with corporate ownership.  Just a few years back, Metrowerks
>proudly announced how CodeWarrior ran on the OS X betas.  (In fact, I
>think Pro 6 and 7 had Mac OS X Beta was even listed in the System
>Requirements on the box itself.)  And even when support for a
>technology was going to be dropped (such as with 68K and Pascal), they
>would pre-announce that several versions in advance.

Yep and then Apple had something called OS X pre-Release and then they
had OS X release which broke all our work.  This has nothing to do with
anyone's management.  Apple has to do what is best for them, and should
not hold up production for Metrowerks if they need to change something.

>Unfortunately, the official line today has been dramaticly changed to
>"We don't support beta versions of the Operating System".  This 180
>degree turnaround is just one example of many, since this whole
>Freescale fiasco got underway.

No that is not true at all,  last year SEC filings and changes in
policies caused Metrowerks to be quieter than we should or needed to be.

I expect you will find a much more 90's style CodeWarrior for Mac team
at WWDC this year.

Ron

--
Metrowerks Community Forum is a free online resource for developers
to discuss CodeWarrior topics with other users and Metrowerks' staff
        --   http://www.metrowerks.com/community  --

 Ron Liechty - MWRon@metrowerks.com - http://www.metrowerks.com
0
MW

I just upgraded to Tiger AND CW 9.5.

I have a project with some specific settings:

 - the app needs to run on Panther, so OS X Volume is pointing to the 10.3.9
SDK
 - the app is linked with the system's std c lib rather than MSL

The compilaton is fine, however, I cannot link anymore. I get tons of link
errors saying that floor, strftime, localtime, mktime, sin, cos (all std c
symbols) are undefined.

This project works fine on Panther when linking with the system libraries
(in /usr/lib).

I noticed that the dylibs in the 10.3.9 SDK are stubs , which makes me
wonder if that is not what is causing the problem.

Am I missing a system library or is this a linker bug ?

Eric

0
Eric
5/4/2005 11:19:38 PM
I should have thought of that. In the back of my head I know Apple
doesn't lock things down sometimes until the last minute, and that
makes it difficult or impossible for vendors to update their products
ahead of a Mac OS X release. Sorry about that.

Larry

0
larry
5/5/2005 3:07:53 AM
>> I expect you will find a much more 90's style CodeWarrior for Mac
>> team at WWDC this year

That's great to hear, Ron!  Glad that WWDC is definitely on Metrowerks
radar scope.  I'm looking forward to Metrowerks taking back the market!

Jonathan Hoyle
Eastman Kodak

0
jonhoyle
5/5/2005 3:11:20 AM
Thank you very much for the information
I'm glad that that issue is fixed for 9.X CW

However it looks like that 8.3 IDE won't be fixed
And that is unfortunate because I'm using CW8.3 for Java development
It's still faster then Xcode 2.0

I have some hope that I'll find some surprise at WWDC (I mean that CW10 will
have Java support again, but I don't hold my breath :-(   )

Thanks again

On 5/4/05 6:18 PM, in article mwron-45D5BB.18182804052005@news.newsguy.com,
"MW Ron" <mwron@metrowerks.com> wrote:

> In article <1115155267.909146.22740@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
>  "jonhoyle@mac.com" <jonhoyle@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't think it's the fault of the engineers or even the management,
>> as it is with corporate ownership.  Just a few years back, Metrowerks
>> proudly announced how CodeWarrior ran on the OS X betas.  (In fact, I
>> think Pro 6 and 7 had Mac OS X Beta was even listed in the System
>> Requirements on the box itself.)  And even when support for a
>> technology was going to be dropped (such as with 68K and Pascal), they
>> would pre-announce that several versions in advance.
>
> Yep and then Apple had something called OS X pre-Release and then they
> had OS X release which broke all our work.  This has nothing to do with
> anyone's management.  Apple has to do what is best for them, and should
> not hold up production for Metrowerks if they need to change something.
>
>> Unfortunately, the official line today has been dramaticly changed to
>> "We don't support beta versions of the Operating System".  This 180
>> degree turnaround is just one example of many, since this whole
>> Freescale fiasco got underway.
>
> No that is not true at all,  last year SEC filings and changes in
> policies caused Metrowerks to be quieter than we should or needed to be.
>
> I expect you will find a much more 90's style CodeWarrior for Mac team
> at WWDC this year.
>
> Ron

0
Dmitry
5/5/2005 4:49:12 AM
dans l'article BE9F252A.33E55%eric.vergnaud@wanadoo.fr, Eric VERGNAUD �
eric.vergnaud@wanadoo.fr a �crit le 5/05/05 1:19�:

> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded to Tiger AND CW 9.5.
>
> I have a project with some specific settings:
>
> - the app needs to run on Panther, so OS X Volume is pointing to the 10.3.9
> SDK
> - the app is linked with the system's std c lib rather than MSL
>
> The compilaton is fine, however, I cannot link anymore. I get tons of link
> errors saying that floor, strftime, localtime, mktime, sin, cos (all std c
> symbols) are undefined.
>
> This project works fine on Panther when linking with the system libraries
> (in /usr/lib).
>
> I noticed that the dylibs in the 10.3.9 SDK are stubs , which makes me
> wonder if that is not what is causing the problem.
>
> Am I missing a system library or is this a linker bug ?
>
> Eric

Apparently, this happened because gcc was not installed. Due to unrelated
problems when installing the dev tools, I had installed only meaningful
packages.

After installing gcc, everything went back to normal.

Why I need gcc to link with cw is a complete mystery.

Eric

0
Eric
5/5/2005 3:07:42 PM
In article <mwron-45D5BB.18182804052005@news.newsguy.com>,
 MW Ron <mwron@metrowerks.com> wrote:

> I expect you will find a much more 90's style CodeWarrior for Mac team
> at WWDC this year.

Woo-hoo, free t-shirts! ;-)

Seriously, this sounds like good news. As critical as I am of your
recent direction (or lack thereof) with the Mac products, I really,
really hope you guys can show us something great. :-)

--
Brad Oliver
bradman@pobox.com.AM_SPAY

CW 8.3 problem (on mac os x 10.3.8)
Hi I got the following link error Link Error : dylib1.o has local relocation entries in non-writable section (__TEXT,__text) When I tried to build very simple dylib I don't remember tghat I had that problem before: that example is at least 1 year old CW9.3 build that dylib without any problem I have latest dev. Tools installed Thanks ...

CodeWarrior 8.3/9 on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
I was just curious if anyone has tried CodeWarrior Pro, either versions 8.3 or 9, on the Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger pre-release distributed at this year's WWDC? I know 8.3 is no longer supported by Metrowerks as of Panther (although we have it working okay), so I can't imagine that they will update 8.3 if there is a problem. Also, CWPro 10 will likely be out before Tiger is released, so this may all be a moot point, but I thought I'd get the information now just for planning purposes. Thanks, Jonathan Hoyle In article <bc8cf544.0408051331.7f5cd12b@posting.google.com>...

Mac OS X 10.4.10 and Cisco VPN client 4.9.01
Having updated to Mac OS X 10.4.10 (via software update first, later via combo update), I found the connections with Cisco's VPN client 4.9.01 (0030) - the latest at our university - to be more than flaky. For no apparent reason the connection seems not to work, with a notification that I have no working internet interface. I have not been able to reproduce the error nor the connection reliably. I have also reinstalled the Cisco VPN client. It seems 10.4.10 and Cisco's client do not like each other. In doubt, I'll blame Cisco because the client has been less than reliable fo...

Transcode a text (CW 8.3 / Mac OS X 10.3.9)
Hi I should transform a text from UTF-8 and/or UTF-16 into MacRoman. How can I do that? Can somebody help me, a code snippet would be great. Thanks in advance. Regards Hans In article <434d3059$0$49015$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>, "Hans Stoessel" <hstoessel.list@pm-medici.ch> wrote: > I should transform a text from UTF-8 and/or UTF-16 into MacRoman. > > How can I do that? 1) Create a CFStringRef with your data via CFStringCreateWithBytes. Give it the encoding of your data. 2) Get the MacRoman data out of the CFStringRef via CFS...

Re: Subject: Building ACE 5.3.1 on Mac OS X (Tiger) 10.4.2 was [ace-users] Building ACE on Mac OSX 10.4
Hi Jason, Thanks for using the PRF. >> ACE VERSION: 5.3.1 This version of ACE is ANCIENT. The forthcoming ACE 5.4.8 beta should work "out of the box" for Mac OS X Tiger. If you want a preview, please download the version in our CVS repo at http://cvs.doc.wustl.edu/ take care, Doug >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Mac OS X 10.4.2 >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h: >> >> /* -*- C++ ...

Compiling 8.13.4 with GCC 3.3--error, stdarg.h v. varargs.h on Mac OS X 10.4.1?
I'm trying to compile Sendmail 8.13.4 on Mac OS X 10.4.1, using GCC 3.3. I'm getting the message that GCC no longer supports varargs.h and code should be updated to use stdarg.h. I know this is a long-standing problem, and I used to be able to solve it (with Sendmail 8.12.x on Mac OS X 10.2.x and 10.3.x) by reverting to GCC 3.1. Unfortunately, GCC 3.1 is not installed on Mac OS X 10.4. The weird thing is that the last machine I build this way was Sendmail 8.13.3 on Mac OS X 10.3.7 and it compiled just fine with GCC 3.3. Possibly this had something to do with the fact that GCC 3...

Re: Subject: Building ACE 5.3.1 on Mac OS X (Tiger) 10.4.2 was [ace-users] Building ACE on Mac OSX 10.4 #2
Hi Jason, >> I know it isn't the most recent version available, but this version >> is used extensively across the corporation. Changing the version of >> ACE all these products used will cause the architect's heads to >> explode ;) >> >> Is it your opinion that 5.3.1 is hopeless cause on Tiger? It'll take some work, but companies like Riverace, Remedy, and OCI can help out with this stuff if staying with 5.3.1 is essential. Please see http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html for help with this stuff. >>...

RE: Subject: Building ACE 5.3.1 on Mac OS X (Tiger) 10.4.2 was [ace-users] Building ACE on Mac OSX 10.4 #2
Hi Doug, > > Thanks for using the PRF. > > >> ACE VERSION: 5.3.1 > > This version of ACE is ANCIENT. The forthcoming ACE 5.4.8 beta should > work "out of the box" for Mac OS X Tiger. If you want a preview, > please download the version in our CVS repo at I know it isn't the most recent version available, but this version is used extensively across the corporation. Changing the version of ACE all these products used will cause the architect's heads to explode ;) Is it your opinion that 5.3.1 is hopeless cause on ...

RE: Subject: Building ACE 5.3.1 on Mac OS X (Tiger) 10.4.2 was [ace-users] Building ACE on Mac OSX 10.4 #2
Hi Jason, > > >> ACE VERSION: 5.3.1 > > > > This version of ACE is ANCIENT. The forthcoming ACE 5.4.8 > beta should > > work "out of the box" for Mac OS X Tiger. If you want a preview, > > please download the version in our CVS repo at > > I know it isn't the most recent version available, but this > version is used > extensively across the corporation. Changing the version of > ACE all these > products used will cause the architect's heads to explode ;) ;-) Right - this is where the value...

Strange Problem with ActiveState Tcl 8.4 in MAC OS X 10.4
http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/tcltkmac_osx1.jpg http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/tcltkmac_osx2.jpg In Mac OS X 10.4.11 I am having a problem with ActiveTCl's 8.4 graying out certain .TCL files when I try to select a source file when running wish in the GUI. Please see the links above to see the grayed out file names. I am trying to load bcd396t.tcl source file but that is grayed out. I have tried changing the first few lines of the file that had some bash scripting in them. And translated the text from mac to unix and even tried windows code with the same results. I...

Hi. Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his photo(graph)s? I recalled he did not like iPhoto and wonder if the new one is any better. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Every ruler...

Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier)
Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier) Nothing can be more frustrating than turning on your Mac only to find that it won't start up. Instead of seeing the Finder, you see a blue or gray screen, an icon of a broken folder, a kernel panic, a flashing question mark, or a computer that just sits there. What can you do? Don't worry. It could be a simple issue that you can fix yourself. Note: This article applies to Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier. Tip: If your computer won't start at all, skip to "You see a blank, gray screen" below. The first step ...

RE: Compiling 2.5.5 on Mac OS X with CW 8.3
Hi it is an error that __DARWIN__ is not defined in this situation, what = prefix file do you have in your project, as Jos=E9 points out using = cw_cwc.pch here resolves the need to have the precompiled headers = already made. Best, stefan > -----Original Message----- > From: Nadav Aharoni [mailto:NadavA@HumanEyes.com] > Sent: Dienstag, 19. April 2005 13:34 > To: wx-users@lists.wxwidgets.org > Subject: RE: Compiling 2.5.5 on Mac OS X with CW 8.3 - errors >=20 > Continuing with the compilation, I now encountered problems compiling = the > RegexM8 p...

[wx 2.6.3, Mac OS X 10.4.8, gcc 4.0.1] extremely slow wxStyledTextCtrl::Colourise()
Hello, I'm developing a multi-platform source code editor with syntax-highlighting based on wxWidgets. I have a problem with the wxStyledTextCtrl::Colourise() function on the Mac platform. This function is extremely slow on Mac, e.g. it takes about 40 seconds to do the lexing of a file of 500 lines of c++ code, while the same function returns within 1 second on the Windows and Linux platforms using the same version of wxWidgets. (I'm using the wxSTC_LEX_CPP lexer). The problem appears when the user wants to scroll down the wxStyledTextCtrl : the slider blocks and th...

Web resources about - CW 8.3/CW 9.4 Mac OS X 10.4 problem - comp.mac.codewarrior

Lance Franklin will never 'truly recover' from mental health problems, says Jesinta Campbell
Jesinta Campbell, the fianc&eacute; of Sydney Swans star Lance 'Buddy' Franklin, believes her partner will never &quot;truly recover&quot; from ...

Microsoft is still working to fix Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 power management problems
Surface devices have been in the news for all the wrong reasons recently. As well as false accusations of Surface tablet causing problems at ...

Microsoft's underwater data center could solve some of the cloud's biggest problems
Microsoft may have found a solution for some of the cloud computing industry’s biggest problems by moving its clouds under the sea. The Redmond ...

The problem of money is not what it used to be.
"Jeb Spends $2,884 Per Iowa Vote."

Ebony Editor: GOP Candidates Have No Problem Putting All ‘Brown People Out’
Ebony Editor: GOP Candidates Have No Problem Putting All 'Brown People Out'

January 2016: Unofficial Problem Bank list declines to 238 Institutions
This is an unofficial list of Problem Banks compiled only from public sources. Here is the unofficial problem bank list for January 2016. Changes ...

New York City has a subway slashing problem
Man slashed in face on Harlem train platform was the 6th victim of a similar attack this year; more than one suspect arrested, yet attacks continue ...

Bernie Sanders: Hillary Clinton Is ‘The Problem’
Clinton is the 'the problem' for House Democrats

The 5 Biggest Problems With 'The Division' Beta
'The Division' beta isn't without its problems.