CW 8.3 problem (on mac os x 10.3.8)

Hi
I got the following link error
Link Error   : dylib1.o has local relocation entries in non-writable section
(__TEXT,__text)

When I tried to build very simple dylib

I don't remember tghat I had that problem before: that example is at least 1
year old

CW9.3 build that dylib without any problem

I have latest dev. Tools installed
Thanks

0
Dmitry
2/19/2005 2:21:26 PM
comp.mac.codewarrior 2568 articles. 0 followers. ja7789 (3) is leader. Post Follow

CW 8.3/CW 9.4 Mac OS X 10.4 problem
Hi After installing 10.4 I can not drag and drop files into the IDE window anymore I tried c/c++/java files in 8.3 and c/c++ in 9.4 Is there workaround for that? However I can add files from he Project->Add files without any problem Actually I saw that problem on all prerelease builds After clean installations upgrades Thanks In article <BE98BC82.1156%dimamarkman@comcast.net>, Dmitry Markman <dimamarkman@comcast.net> wrote: > I tried c/c++/java files in 8.3 and c/c++ in 9.4 > > Is there workaround for that? MW has said they will release a ...

Hi. Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his photo(graph)s? I recalled he did not like iPhoto and wonder if the new one is any better. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Every ruler...

Transcode a text (CW 8.3 / Mac OS X 10.3.9)
Hi I should transform a text from UTF-8 and/or UTF-16 into MacRoman. How can I do that? Can somebody help me, a code snippet would be great. Thanks in advance. Regards Hans In article <434d3059$0$49015$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>, "Hans Stoessel" <hstoessel.list@pm-medici.ch> wrote: > I should transform a text from UTF-8 and/or UTF-16 into MacRoman. > > How can I do that? 1) Create a CFStringRef with your data via CFStringCreateWithBytes. Give it the encoding of your data. 2) Get the MacRoman data out of the CFStringRef via CFS...

Mac OS X 10.3.9 to 10.3.8
Is there a way to go back from 10.3.9 to 10.3.8. I have protools that will not work in 10.3.9. Any ideas? thx <fromero@csudh.edu> wrote in message news:1138070312.152531.300390@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to go back from 10.3.9 to 10.3.8. I have protools that > will not work in 10.3.9. Any ideas? > Restore from the backup you made before you updated to 10.3.9, or reinstall and update from your install CD. Greg How do yu restore from a backup on a mac? Also, if I reinstall from the CDs wont that remove my applications? G.T. wrote: > <fro...

problem in wxMac 2.6.2 unicode mach-o build using Codewarrior 8.3 on Mac OS 10.3
Hi, I am getting the following error while compiling wxMac 2.6.2, wxLib Mach-o(debug/release) build with wxUSE_UNICODE flag set to 1 I am using Codewarrior 8.3 on Mac OS 10.3 Error : type mismatch 'wxMBConvUTF16BE' and 'wxMBConv' dobjcmn.cpp line 283 return format == wxDF_UNICODETEXT ? sUTF16Converter : (wxMBConv&) wxConvLocal; Can someone throw some light on this issue and let me know whether it is a wxMac issue or i am making some mistake in setting the flags for unicode build. Any suggestions or workaround will be highly appreciated. The only cha...

CW 8.3 crashing when ANY CW window is resized
This just started happening, after (coincidentally?) installing the 10.3.3 update. Resizing a CW window causes the app to instantly "go away", with the generic error report dialog to Apple. Anyone else seeing this? >This just started happening, after (coincidentally?) installing the 10.3.3 >update. Resizing a CW window causes the app to instantly "go away", with >the generic error report dialog to Apple. Well, not sure why this was happening (my desktop would also crash each time I clicked on the Trash Can) but a reboot fixed it. In article...

g77 (gcc 3.3) bug on Mac OS X 10.2.8
Ack! I've just discovered that my g77 on my Mac OS X 10.2.8 chokes on the simplest little stand-alone main programs: C C File: hello.f C PRINT *, 'Hello, World!' STOP END % g77 -o hello hello.f /var/tmp//cccXywU0.s:48:section difference relocatable subtraction expression, "LC3" minus "L1$pb" using a symbol at the end of section will not produce an assembly time constant /var/tmp//cccXywU0.s:48:use a symbol with a constant value created with an assignment instead of the expression, L_const_sym = LC3 - L1$pb /var/tmp//cccXywU0.s:47:section ...

[wx 2.5.3, mac os x 10.3.7, gcc 3.3] problem regarding wxGenericDirCtrl
hi all, currently i am trying to make a wxGenericDirCtrl list files and not just directories. The wxDIRCTRL_DIR_ONLY flag is *not* set, but it just shows directories and no files at all except symlinks. is this a bug, a feature or just my goofiness? please let me know ... tia + kind regards, krystian --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org Hi, Is there a simple way to get the screen image in a wxGLCanvas i...

CodeWarrior 8.3/9 on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
I was just curious if anyone has tried CodeWarrior Pro, either versions 8.3 or 9, on the Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger pre-release distributed at this year's WWDC? I know 8.3 is no longer supported by Metrowerks as of Panther (although we have it working okay), so I can't imagine that they will update 8.3 if there is a problem. Also, CWPro 10 will likely be out before Tiger is released, so this may all be a moot point, but I thought I'd get the information now just for planning purposes. Thanks, Jonathan Hoyle In article <bc8cf544.0408051331.7f5cd12b@posting.google.com>...

RE: Compiling 2.5.5 on Mac OS X with CW 8.3
Hi Jos=E9 > unfortunately jpeg is required by wxWindows (circular reference) > and wx/wx_cwc.h is referred nowhere in the jpeg lib, removing the > prefix is the way to go the way this is usually done is by precompiling the headers, this is = mandatory for all projects that really need the correct defines. You are = correct with the changes done in jconfig.h for jpeg lib this is not = necessary anymore. > (what happened with my patch to solve this (end lot of others) issue > with CodeWarrior) I'm applying it right now piece by piece, I have to do the project...

iTerm 0.8.1, Unicode UTF-8 , Mac OS 10.3.8
OpenVMS 7.2-1, iTerm 0.8.1, Unicode UTF-8 , Mac OS 10.3.8 VT terminal is set to eight bits. This is what I've noticed in the new iTerm 0.8.1. (04/06/2005) 1) Connect to vms with: telnet 10.xx.xxx.x Back space deletes previous character, which is what I want. The German Umlauts don't work. When I type this command: edit test.lis The extraneous "#########" appears on the next line of the display. 2) Connect to vms with: telnet -8 10.xx.xxx.x Back space terminates the line. Lower case German Umlauts work. Upper case Umlauts appear only once and then the line is term...

Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier)
Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier) Nothing can be more frustrating than turning on your Mac only to find that it won't start up. Instead of seeing the Finder, you see a blue or gray screen, an icon of a broken folder, a kernel panic, a flashing question mark, or a computer that just sits there. What can you do? Don't worry. It could be a simple issue that you can fix yourself. Note: This article applies to Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier. Tip: If your computer won't start at all, skip to "You see a blank, gray screen" below. The first step ...

Compiling sendmail 8.12.11, gcc 3.3, on Mac OS 10.3.4
Is anyone out there in Mac land still using sendmail? In the release notes for sendmail 8.12.11 it says there's support for Panther (Mac OS 10.3), but I still get these errors compiling it with just ./Build: /usr/include/gcc/darwin/3.3/varargs.h:10: #error "GCC no longer implements <varargs.h>." /usr/include/gcc/darwin/3.3/varargs.h:11: #error "Revise your code to use <stdarg.h>." In file included from /usr/include/machine/param.h:30, from /usr/include/sys/param.h:102, from ../../sendmail/conf.h:30, from ....

Crahing MSL IO streams with CodeWarrior 8.3 under Mac OS X 10.2.6 (repost)
Hello, the problem has already been discussed before, but none of the replies worked for me. The problem is, that it is not possible to use CodeWarriors MSL IO streams without crashing. Even a simple sample application #include <iostream> int main(int argc, char* argc[]) { std::cout << "Hello World." << std::endl; return 0; } crashes immediately. It seems that an invalid access to a function pointer in the flush_buffer method (buffer_io.c) causes the problem, at least this is where the debugger halts: ioresult = (*file->write_proc)(file-...

Web resources about - CW 8.3 problem (on mac os x 10.3.8) - comp.mac.codewarrior

LG admits G4 bootloop problem is a hardware fault, will repair affected devices
... a hardware defect and will repair affected devices. According to the numerous posts on various social platforms and YouTube, the bootloop problem ...

Problem
"The governments in Paris, London and Brussels have completely lost control, they are not able to maintain the rule of law and they are miserably ...

Russia says a growing problem in space could be enough to spark a war
... space junk grows so large that a single collision could set off a domino effect of increasingly more collisions. For Kessler, this is a problem ...

The problem with Trump's make-it-in-the-USA push
His calls for bringing factory jobs back and slapping stiff tariffs on foreign-made goods would cost Americans plenty

Cleveland police problem started at the top: Phillip Morris
cleveland.com Cleveland police problem started at the top: Phillip Morris cleveland.com In this file image, a prosecutor points out locations ...

Why Iran is a problem for oil market
An Iranian oil tanker set sail for South Korea last week, heralding a new period of uncertainty for world crude prices.

Hannity Teams Up With Rumsfeld To Blame Obama For Problems In Iraq
Of all people who should have no credibility on the subject of the Iraq war, it’s “We know where the WMDs in Iraq are” and “I doubt the war will ...

O’Malley Points Out Animals Don’t Have Employment Problems
'We're the only species on the planet without full employment'

Cartoon: If Flint's water problem happened to rich people
You would think the wealthiest nation on earth could do better than this. Of course, these public health disasters ar...