Strange debugger behavior

Hello,

    I am trying to debug my program, and when it's crashing, instead of
stopping at the point in the source where it crashed, it does something I
haven't seen before.

A second window opens up as it crashes, and it's a second debug window with
all of the play,stop, and step controls.  It says it's for a different
thread than my main window's thread.  The code in the new window is
illegible, machine stuff from dylib or something.

If I close the new thread window, I have to kill the whole process.

How can I tell where my program is crashing?  I am not aware of starting any
threads separate from my progam, and I'm barely aware of what that even
means, having multiple threads...

Thanks
Bint

0
Bint
9/27/2005 1:26:29 AM
comp.mac.codewarrior 2568 articles. 0 followers. ja7789 (3) is leader. Post Follow

Hello Bint,

Why don't you let your program run and crash freely. After it has
crashed you can inspect the CrashLog in the folder
'~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter'. The name of the file depends on your
application. In this file you can find what each tread is doing at the
time of the crash. You can also see what (dynamic libraries) were in use
and the state of processor registers.

Hope that helps in any way.

With kind regards,
Peter Paulus

Bint wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I am trying to debug my program, and when it's crashing, instead of
> stopping at the point in the source where it crashed, it does something I
> haven't seen before.
>
> A second window opens up as it crashes, and it's a second debug window with
> all of the play,stop, and step controls.  It says it's for a different
> thread than my main window's thread.  The code in the new window is
> illegible, machine stuff from dylib or something.
>
> If I close the new thread window, I have to kill the whole process.
>
> How can I tell where my program is crashing?  I am not aware of starting any
> threads separate from my progam, and I'm barely aware of what that even
> means, having multiple threads...
>
> Thanks
> Bint

0
Peter
9/27/2005 7:26:31 AM
Thanks, but my crashlogs don't seem to have updated recently.  It would be
the name of my program, right? Not CodeWarrior.

Well, the crashlog for my app was last modified on Sept. 10.  That is weird.

Bint

On 9/27/05 2:26 AM, in article 4338f427$0$306$4d4ebb8e@news.nl.uu.net,
"Peter Paulus" <peter.paulus@nerocmediaware.nl> wrote:

> Hello Bint,
>
> Why don't you let your program run and crash freely. After it has
> crashed you can inspect the CrashLog in the folder
> '~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter'. The name of the file depends on your
> application. In this file you can find what each tread is doing at the
> time of the crash. You can also see what (dynamic libraries) were in use
> and the state of processor registers.
>
> Hope that helps in any way.
>
> With kind regards,
> Peter Paulus
>
> Bint wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>     I am trying to debug my program, and when it's crashing, instead of
>> stopping at the point in the source where it crashed, it does something I
>> haven't seen before.
>>
>> A second window opens up as it crashes, and it's a second debug window with
>> all of the play,stop, and step controls.  It says it's for a different
>> thread than my main window's thread.  The code in the new window is
>> illegible, machine stuff from dylib or something.
>>
>> If I close the new thread window, I have to kill the whole process.
>>
>> How can I tell where my program is crashing?  I am not aware of starting any
>> threads separate from my progam, and I'm barely aware of what that even
>> means, having multiple threads...
>>
>> Thanks
>> Bint

0
Bint

Strange Debugger Behaviors
Hi VO'ers, Using VO2.7b (2740), VO has strange behaviors in debug mode : 1. When I want to set a breakpoint with the mouse, I click on the line I want to set then click on red button on toolbar : nothing happens -> it cannot be set or on a different line 2. If I use the keyboard directions arrows keys, sometimes, I can only go upwards 3. If I press the F9 function key (to set a breakpoint), nothing happens too as the Point 1. above (also randomly) I've read in readme doc. of VO2.7a that these problems in Debugger were fixed ("When trying to set a break poin...

Strange Behavior on my new mac
Ok.. I bought an iBook a while back and found out that I love macs.. thus I recently traded someone a 2.66 Ghz P4 laptop for a mac mini + flat panel bla bla... I think he got the short end of the stick there.... At any rate he had some semi questionable version of Tiger on it so I decided to install 10.3 that came with the mac mini. So I did this and now every once in a while, when I am surfing the net, my screen starts like flashing blue and back to the windows I have open. Really odd. I have all the latest software updates and security updates. That was the first thing that I did. So, I ss...

Rails on a Mac, so strange (to me) behavior
I have built Ruby from source, installed gems & rails on a MacBook pro. I installed the source for a working Rails application in a directory /rails_apps. I cd to the application directory under rails apps and in the terminal I enter: script/server Terminal responds: : No such file or directory sudo script/server provides the same response ls -la script/server returns: -rwxr-xr-x 1 pogo admin 98 Nov 13 2006 script/server I have all of 2 weeks experience on a Mac, which probably explains the basic problem. Can someone advise? Mark wrote: > I have built Ruby from source, ins...

strange behavior of uicontextmenu for listbox on Mac
I defined a uicontextmenu for a listbox. The context menu does show up only if I click with 4 or 5 pixels just outside the listbox. I'm running on Mac. I found a post dated in 2009 talking about similar issue on mac... as it was more than 3years ago, is that issue has been solved on mac. Thanks ...

Strange MT-NewsWatcher / Mac OS X Behavior
Running MT-NewsWatcher 3.2 under 10.2.6, I open a URL using the menu command. The first time I do this, the URL opens under the default browser, Safari. Subsequent attempts, the URL opens under Netscape under Classic (actually, it doesn't, because I abort the process during the Classic startup process). Can anyone explain this behavior? And tell me how to correct this? In article <bmhardy-157D50.23274519092003@news.comcast.giganews.com>, Brian Hardy <bmhardy@ix.netcom.com> wrote: > Running MT-NewsWatcher 3.2 under 10.2.6, I open a URL using the menu > command....

Strange behavior of tr/zsh in Mac OS X Terminal
In the Terminal.app terminal under Mac OS X when the zsh is used, the output of tr and similar programs is sometimes unexpected. Example follows below. I often find myself doing something like % echo $PATH | tr ':' '\n' This should translate something like % echo $PATH /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin % to % echo $PATH | tr ':' '\n' /usr/local/bin /usr/bin /bin % In xterm, this is what I see, and it is also what I see in bash or tcsh in the Terminal.app terminal under Mac OS X. However, the Mac Terminal and my shell is zsh, the output abov...

Strange file permissions and behavior breakage serving Mac files
All, I have an old Windows NT 4.0 server that serves files to various Windows users as well as a single Mac OSX laptop (10.3.9). Lately a problem has developed where the Mac user makes changes to an Excel spreadsheet that lives on the NT server and when they try to save their changes they are told the changes could not be saved and that Excel has written the changed file to, e.g., C035298 and they should rename that file to what they want and use it from then on. The Mac user then finds that they cannot open or write to the original file even though a Get Info on their Mac says they...

[Mac, 2.8.2] strange behavior of wxWindowBase::Validate()
------_=_NextPart_001_01C7C7C0.A7D973CD Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Looking at the code of wxWindowBase::Validate(), I noticed something strange. The Validator of "this" is never used. Only the validators of the children. And then a recursion occurs as needed. This seems very strange. Say I have a window and a control hierarchy. I would call Validate() of the whole window to validate the whole content, but I would also like to take one control and call its Validate() method to validate only...

Strange file permissions and behavior breakage serving Mac files
All, I have an old Windows NT 4.0 server that serves files to various Windows users as well as a single Mac OSX laptop (10.3.9). Lately a problem has developed where the Mac user makes changes to an Excel spreadsheet that lives on the NT server and when they try to save their changes they are told the changes could not be saved and that Excel has written the changed file to, e.g., C035298 and they should rename that file to what they want and use it from then on. The Mac user then finds that they cannot open or write to the original file even though a Get Info on their Mac says they...

RE: [Mac, 2.8.2] strange behavior of wxWindowBase::Validate()
I must say I find this concept very strange, why wouldn't Validate() also use the object's validator. I fail to see the advantage of such design. But, if a solution to my problem exists (even if in the form of ugly code), I will let it go and use it. > -----Original Message----- > From: Robin Dunn [mailto:robin@alldunn.com] > Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 6:34 PM > To: wx-users@lists.wxwidgets.org > Subject: Re: [Mac, 2.8.2] strange behavior of wxWindowBase::Validate() >=20 > Yaron Tadmor wrote: > > Hi, > > > > Looking at the cod...

Strange color effect / strange behavior of selection tool
Hello, please consider the following problems with PS 6: I created a simple red symbol on white background, color depth 24 bit, but simple #FF0000 and #FFFFFF RGB. Now, when I store the symbol in .JPG format and load it later, is is still red but at the borders of the symbol it seems like the program tries to create an increasing "redness" from white to my color. So the symbol's edges appear somewhat "blurry". The second thing: When I use the selection tool to select a rectangular part of the drawing, after releasing the mouse button the selected rectangle is increas...

Strange color effect / strange behavior of selection tool
Hello, please consider the following problems with PS 6: I created a simple red symbol on white background, color depth 24 bit, but simple #FF0000 and #FFFFFF RGB. Now, when I store the symbol in .JPG format and load it later, is is still red but at the borders of the symbol it seems like the program tries to create an increasing "redness" from white to my color. So the symbol's edges appear somewhat "blurry". The second thing: When I use the selection tool to select a rectangular part of the drawing, after releasing the mouse button the selected rectangle is increas...

Strange behavior of $.
Apparently $. is not always set correct (see second ruby 1liner). Is this a bug? 12:12:42 [temp]: cat -n n 1 2 3 BAR="hello" 4 12:12:47 [temp]: ruby -ne 'puts $.' n 1 2 3 4 12:12:56 [temp]: ruby -e 'while(line = gets); puts "#{$.}:#{line.chomp}"; end' n 1: 1: 2:BAR="hello" 3: 12:13:10 [temp]: ruby --version ruby 1.8.0 (2003-08-04) [i386-cygwin] 12:13:35 [temp]: The same happens when put into a script: 12:16:02 [temp]: ./x.rb n 1: 1: 2:BAR="hello" 3: 12:16:03 [temp]: cat x.rb #!/usr/bin/ruby while ( line = gets )...

Strange ME behavior
In my GUI I open up Excel using actxserver. I wanted to put in some error handling in case the user closes the Excel file themselves (since it is in my delete function to close the open Excel file). I had the following: try exlFile.Close catch ME if strcmp(ME.message,'Error: The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.') % do some other cleanup end end This didn't work, and it took me a long time to figure out why, so I thought I would share this. The ME.message is a 1x62 char. If you count the characters in the error message, there are only 60. ...

Web resources about - Strange debugger behavior - comp.mac.codewarrior

Debugger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. A debugger ...

Debugger - Facebook-Entwickler
Facebook-Entwickler Search Facebook Developers Dokumente Werkzeuge Hilfe Neuigkeiten Anwendungen Anmelden Debugger Startseite › Werkzeuge Input ...

Script Debugger 5.0
Major update to one of my favorite apps of all time. If you dick around with AppleScript, you should have Script Debugger.

Review: 5 memory debuggers for Linux coding
When you're working in Linux, manually debugging memory-related errors can be difficult and time consuming. These five tools can help.

Android Studio 1.2 Reaches Beta, Adds Built-In Decompiler, Inline Debugger Variables, Smarter Formatting ...
When Android Studio v1.1 entered the Stable channel, about 6 weeks ago, the Dev Tools team gave word that v1.2 was already well underway and ...

Review: 5 memory debuggers for Linux coding
As a programmer, I'm aware that I tend to make mistakes and why not? Even programmers are human. Some errors are detected during code compilation, ...

Meet the DeBuggers An attitude adjustment regarding the "Fix" at Healthcare.gov
Let me start off by saying that Healthcare.gov is now working well in most areas of the US. Folks are accessing the site all day, every day, ...

Resolving Nightmare Bugs With Reversible Linux App Debugger
Undo and ARM partner on ARM DS-5 tool suite rapidly resolve nightmare bugs

Bed bugs: A new debugger - The Economist
FEW things destroy the reputation of a high-class hotel faster than bed bugs.

Genuitec Launches Debugger for PhoneGap, Apache Cordova
Genuitec ships GapDebug, a new debugger for developers building PhoneGap and Apache Cordova apps.