Changing Mail/No mail Icons in Eudora 6.0 for OSX

Greetings --

I've been using Eudora for many years and have always hated the icons
that appear in their alerts for "You have new mail" [the pigs] and
"You have no new mail" [rabbit in the hat].

In OS9, I just fired up ResEdit and replaced these amateurish graphics
with something more attractive.

Now that I'm migrating to OSX, I want to change the Eudora icons once
again, but nothing I've tried gets me close. I've looked at the
package contents and found some tantalizing possibilities. But
"Eudora.icns" contains only the application icons, and the plug-in
"Eudora Icons 6.0" I cannot figure out how to open or edit.

Any savvy hackers out there able to help me? The support for my paid
version of Eudora must have run out years ago, so they're no help.
Besides, they'd probably be insulted that I hate their stupid icons.

-- Gary
0
ideas
6/30/2004 9:52:10 PM
comp.mail.eudora.mac 2042 articles. 0 followers. dcohenspam (237) is leader. Post Follow

Gary <ideas@sonic.net> wrote:

> I've been using Eudora for many years and have always hated the icons
> that appear in their alerts for "You have new mail" [the pigs] and
> "You have no new mail" [rabbit in the hat].

How do you get these? I'm using 6.1 Light in 10.2.6, and if I check mail
it shows me a progress window. If I have new mail it plays a cheerful
bar of Benny Goodman's 'Swingtime in the Rockies', opens the window of
any mailbox (except Trash) where the filters have placed the incoming
mail and underlines the relevant mailbox (including Trash) in the
'Mailboxes' window. It also underlines the Eudora Folder in case the
specific mailbox underline is out of sight below the bottom of the
window. I have the 'Mailboxes' window open whenever Eudora is visible.

No pigs. No rabbits.
--
Peter
0
Gary <ideas@sonic.net> wrote:

> I want to change the Eudora icons once
> again, but nothing I've tried gets me close. I've looked at the
> package contents and found some tantalizing possibilities.

Eudora.app ---> Contents ---> MacOS ---> Eudora

You can modify the ressources PICT  #1001 and #1008 and the ressources
DITL "New mail"  & "No mail".
I still use resedit (under Classic) to do that, because ResFool doesn't
allow PICT editing now. So be careful as usual : do backup of the
application before Res-editing.

By the way you can also suppress the alert, just by unchecking the box
"put up an alert" in the setting "getting attention". I think Peter has
not these alert, because he has this box unchecked.

        JPaul.

--
  /==/==\\-\      Jean-Paul BLANC
 / /--/--//\\         quelque-part (somewhere)
 |/| L   |\\\              en   (in)
 \/|| = |||\\\              FRANCE
0
blanc
7/1/2004 10:38:38 PM
JPaul <blanc@empty.org> wrote:

> By the way you can also suppress the alert, just by unchecking the box
> "put up an alert" in the setting "getting attention". I think Peter has
> not these alert, because he has this box unchecked.

Quite right; I'd forgotten that. I felt I had quite enough alerts...
--
Peter
0
blanc@empty.org (JPaul) wrote in message news:<
> Eudora.app ---> Contents ---> MacOS ---> Eudora
>
> You can modify the ressources PICT  #1001 and #1008 and the ressources
> DITL "New mail"  & "No mail".
> I still use resedit (under Classic) to do that

That's perfect, just what I needed to know. I somehow never imagined
that I could use good old ResEdit to tweak an OSX app.

Thanks so much for the tip! It's great to have my Vargas girls back!

-- Gary
0
ideas

Import mail archives from Eudora 6 for Windows to Eudora 6 for Mac
Good morning/evening everyone ! I am a french user of Eudora, and I encounter this problem : I precedently used Eudora on a Windows plateform ; and now I have bought a Macintosh (^-^) and I would want to recover my mail archives on the Macintosh. Is there a way to import these archives from the Eudora version which is installed on Windows, to the Mac Version ? Thank you for your help (and sorry, really, for my very bad english :/ ) Nakaori In <BBDC2EFB.936F%mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> Mad Youri <mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> wrote: > Good morning/evening ev...

Eudora (v 6.0.3) Doesnt Highlight New Mail. Always Have To Scroll Down To See New Mail.
Even with one new email, in the window showing who, date, time, etc, after receiving new email, the scroll bar scrolls up, forcing me to scroll down to see what new messages there are. Any fix for this? I would think it would highlight and let you view at least the first message, with later messages beneath that first one. On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 16:18:01 -0400, Connor <connor@huh.com> wrote: >Even with one new email, in the window showing who, date, time, etc, >after receiving new email, the scroll bar scrolls up, forcing me to >scroll down to see what new messages t...

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include t...

Importing existing mail from Outlook2002 or Eudora 6 to Pegasus-mail?
Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to have access to my mail archives? Best Regards Jan Erik Frithjofsen On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:35:11 GMT, Jan Erik Frithjofsen <jefrithjofsen@rocketmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to > have access to my mail archives? > > Best Regards > Jan Erik Frithjofsen > If you are using Outlook2002 with MsExchange and therefore Windows Messaging (aka MAPI) then I have a utility (PM2MSM32) you may be interested in. To migrate Eudora messages,...

error when trying to get mail from eudora after changing setting for g.mail
Hello out there! I followed to the LETTER the instructions on setting up my eudora mail client in conjunction with gmail. When I atemp to check my mail, I end up waiting for what feels like forever, only to get the message: Error: reading from the network. Cause: Eudora got tired of waiting for the server. (10100) Any suggestions for me? I am using Eudora in light mode, but supposably this shouldn't be part of the problem. Thanks! Critterlover On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 14:02:23 -0500: > I followed to the LETTER the instructions on setting up my eudora > mail ...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to "...

Importing Eudora mail into Apple Mail
Having used Eudora for too many years, I now have a real mess in the references to attachments. Many of the attachments are no longer accessible from the messages that they arrived in, even though they are still in the attachments folder. The main issue here is that I have moved Eudora to a new machine every few years, and the startup disk has typically had a new name. This in itself is not a big problem, and Eudora still seems able to find the files. (But it does leave the reference in the mailbox with the old disk's name.) However, the other part of the reference is the...

Question about importing Eudora mail into Eudora 6.2
I just downloaded Eudora 6.2 and want it to import all the settings and mail from my old Eudora 4.2 OS 8.x program. It came with a import feature, but it would only work if I was using a later Eudora as my version was too old. Back in 2001 In tried Eudora 5.x or whatever version was latest at that time, but for some reason did not like it, or perhaps did not want to pay the money, so I removed it. Eudora 6.2 when installed copied all the Eudora 5.x settings and mail it so appears. Even though I am know running OS X, and I was then running OS 9.1. When I moved to OSX I did copy my...

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Eudora 6.0 and Junk mail
This release is doing a FANTASTIC job for me in eliminating the 20 spam mail messages from a phony Microsoft spam site which I was receiving every day (sometime twice a day) for weeks. ...

How to transfer mail from Eudora to Eudora?
I need to transfer Eudors mail from one computer to another. Sometimes from my Powerbook 3400c/8.6/Eudora light to my PM 7200/8.6/Eudora Light, sometimes between Mac computers when I am upgrading to a 'new' computer. Is there an easy way way to transfer individual e-mails or the complete file between computers, preferably using zip disks? -- Free men own guns, slaves don't www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/ In article <nhull-D259DD.06454907112005@news1.east.earthlink.net>, Nick Hull <nhull@access4less.net> wrote: > I need to transfer Eudors ma...

Getting Eudora Mail to Apple Mail from A Different Computer
i have tons of email in my Eudora program on my old iMac which i need to transfer somehow into my Apple email program on my Powerbook. can someone PLEASE tell me how best to do this? i created a network between the Powerbook and the iMac but when i opened the Eudora program on the iMac, there were no messages in it. however, as soon as i disconnected the network, i was able to see all the mail in the iMac Eudora program. i have no idea why. perhaps someone would be kind enough to explain and also how to transfer all this stuff. thanx. Hi, > i have tons of email in my E...

Web resources about - Changing Mail/No mail Icons in Eudora 6.0 for OSX - comp.mail.eudora.mac

The Changing Light at Sandover - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The Changing Light at Sandover" is a 560-page epic poem by James Merrill (1926–1995). Sometimes described as a postmodern apocalyptic epic, ...

Is Facebook Changing How We Travel?
When one of your Facebook friends posts a photo album of their trip to Maui, they’re not just showing off — they might also be acting as a travel ...

Missed this week's Changing Track?... - 774 ABC Melbourne - Facebook
Missed this week's Changing Track? We've got you covered. Like to submit your own? Email it to 774drive@abc.net.au

Facebook changing PMD program to Facebook Marketing Partners
Facebook’s Preferred Marketing Developer program may be getting a new look. Earlier today, Facebook announced on the Facebook for Business page ...

Changing Lanes (@chginglanes) on Twitter

Changing the way business decisions are made
We believe that social data has unlimited value, and near limitless application. Today, we’re taking an important step toward unleashing this ...

12 Minutes To Create a Mind-Changing Presentation
... draft great presentations and to become a more effective and convincing presenter. Twelve minutes which can 12 Minutes To Create a Mind-Changing ...

We're Changing Our Name (Back) to Stack Overflow
We are Stack Overflow. You may know us from such popular websites as Stack Overflow Q&A, Stack Overflow Careers, The Stack Exchange Q&A Network, ...

The Tao of Twitter: Changing your life and business 140 characters at a time - Amazon
It's time to take the mystery out of Twitter. Twitter may be the most powerful business and personal networking platform ever created but it ...

App Store - Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing!
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing! on the App Store. Download Voices 2 ...