Eudora in mail attachments

I'm trying to find out where in coming email attachments are directed.
I'm curious plus I'm trying to make sure when I get spam I delete any
associated attachments.

I know I can set an attachments folder for downloads but I gather some
attachments go to a Spool Folder. Don't understand what type of
attachments are sent where and why.. Sometimes when I delete emails the
attachments are sent to my Mac's trash folder but not always.

Would appreciate any tips on this. Thanks.

BTW, I use Eudora 6.2 with OS X 10.3.9.

--
Please send email to: nwhiii at yahoo dot com
0

Norm <NOSPAM@yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> I know I can set an attachments folder for downloads but I gather some
> attachments go to a Spool Folder. Don't understand what type of
> attachments are sent where and why.. Sometimes when I delete emails the
> attachments are sent to my Mac's trash folder but not always.

I know your problem. From time to time, I just look through the various
folders in the "Eudora" folder ("spool folder", "parts folder", "cache
folder", etc.) and delete them manually if necessary. However, with
today's generous hard disk space, doing this is not that urgent like in
earlier times.

Best wishes, Christian.

--
Christian F. Buser, Hohle Gasse 6, CH-5507 Mellingen (Switzerland)
Hilfe f�r Strassenkinder in Ghana: <http://www.chance-for-children.org>
 christian051025@rumantsch.ch (Christian) wrote:

> Norm <NOSPAM@yahoo.invalid> wrote:
>
> > I know I can set an attachments folder for downloads but I gather some
> > attachments go to a Spool Folder. Don't understand what type of
> > attachments are sent where and why.. Sometimes when I delete emails the
> > attachments are sent to my Mac's trash folder but not always.
>
> I know your problem. From time to time, I just look through the various
> folders in the "Eudora" folder ("spool folder", "parts folder", "cache
> folder", etc.) and delete them manually if necessary. However, with
> today's generous hard disk space, doing this is not that urgent like in
> earlier times.
>
> Best wishes, Christian.

OP back.

Thanks for the response.

Have you found an easy, quick way to determine which items in those
Eudora sub-folders (Spool, Parts, Cache folders) are ones that shouldn't
be deleted or would be helpful not to delete versus those that are
definitely associated with spam.

Thank you.

--
Please send email to: nwhiii at yahoo dot com
0
Norm
11/10/2005 8:50:21 PM
In article <W9GdnaH-E5pa0O7enZ2dnUVZ_tmdnZ2d@speakeasy.net>,
 Norm <NOSPAM@yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> I'm trying to find out where in coming email attachments are directed.
> I'm curious plus I'm trying to make sure when I get spam I delete any
> associated attachments.
>
> I know I can set an attachments folder for downloads but I gather some
> attachments go to a Spool Folder. Don't understand what type of
> attachments are sent where and why.. Sometimes when I delete emails the
> attachments are sent to my Mac's trash folder but not always.
>
> Would appreciate any tips on this. Thanks.
>
> BTW, I use Eudora 6.2 with OS X 10.3.9.

I don't think any attachments that you receive go to the spool folder,
only stuff that you send. They get "spooled" before sending. In my
experience anything in that folder has been sent and is junkable--though
In.Temp and Out.Temp probably shouldn't be touched, or indeed any of the
files while Eudora is running.

Under POP some 'attachments' like images that are embedded into email go
automatically into a folder called "parts folder"

But if you use IMAP, it seems that there is a subfolder to your IMAP
folder called "IMAP attachments" that seems to get some files, though on
my system these are all broken--they don't really appear to be the
correct files.

So, it seems complicated, and I don't completely understand where things
go.

--
Jim Meiss
<http://amath.colorado.edu/faculty/jdm>

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include t...

How to transfer mail from Eudora to Eudora?
I need to transfer Eudors mail from one computer to another. Sometimes from my Powerbook 3400c/8.6/Eudora light to my PM 7200/8.6/Eudora Light, sometimes between Mac computers when I am upgrading to a 'new' computer. Is there an easy way way to transfer individual e-mails or the complete file between computers, preferably using zip disks? -- Free men own guns, slaves don't www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/ In article <nhull-D259DD.06454907112005@news1.east.earthlink.net>, Nick Hull <nhull@access4less.net> wrote: > I need to transfer Eudors ma...

Import mail archives from Eudora 6 for Windows to Eudora 6 for Mac
Good morning/evening everyone ! I am a french user of Eudora, and I encounter this problem : I precedently used Eudora on a Windows plateform ; and now I have bought a Macintosh (^-^) and I would want to recover my mail archives on the Macintosh. Is there a way to import these archives from the Eudora version which is installed on Windows, to the Mac Version ? Thank you for your help (and sorry, really, for my very bad english :/ ) Nakaori In <BBDC2EFB.936F%mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> Mad Youri <mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> wrote: > Good morning/evening ev...

Importing Eudora mail into Apple Mail
Having used Eudora for too many years, I now have a real mess in the references to attachments. Many of the attachments are no longer accessible from the messages that they arrived in, even though they are still in the attachments folder. The main issue here is that I have moved Eudora to a new machine every few years, and the startup disk has typically had a new name. This in itself is not a big problem, and Eudora still seems able to find the files. (But it does leave the reference in the mailbox with the old disk's name.) However, the other part of the reference is the...

Importing Mail/Address book to Eudora from Mail app
As per the header. What I can't seem to do is using the Import command from within Eudora is to import the contents of my Mac Address Book into Eudora. Also importing mailboxes, for some reason Eudora duplicates them into 2 lots of mailboxes, most likely from when I used to run 2 accounts in Mail. Is there any way of merging the 2 boxes into 1? I'm using a G5 iMac Power PC. Thank you, Peter P.S. Please note that the e-mail address given is a spam trap. My correct e-mail address is peterNOSPAM@pfjames.NOTHANKS.co.uk Remove the obvious to reply -- He spoke wit...

Question about importing Eudora mail into Eudora 6.2
I just downloaded Eudora 6.2 and want it to import all the settings and mail from my old Eudora 4.2 OS 8.x program. It came with a import feature, but it would only work if I was using a later Eudora as my version was too old. Back in 2001 In tried Eudora 5.x or whatever version was latest at that time, but for some reason did not like it, or perhaps did not want to pay the money, so I removed it. Eudora 6.2 when installed copied all the Eudora 5.x settings and mail it so appears. Even though I am know running OS X, and I was then running OS 9.1. When I moved to OSX I did copy my...

Getting Eudora Mail to Apple Mail from A Different Computer
i have tons of email in my Eudora program on my old iMac which i need to transfer somehow into my Apple email program on my Powerbook. can someone PLEASE tell me how best to do this? i created a network between the Powerbook and the iMac but when i opened the Eudora program on the iMac, there were no messages in it. however, as soon as i disconnected the network, i was able to see all the mail in the iMac Eudora program. i have no idea why. perhaps someone would be kind enough to explain and also how to transfer all this stuff. thanx. Hi, > i have tons of email in my E...

Importing existing mail from Outlook2002 or Eudora 6 to Pegasus-mail?
Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to have access to my mail archives? Best Regards Jan Erik Frithjofsen On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:35:11 GMT, Jan Erik Frithjofsen <jefrithjofsen@rocketmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to > have access to my mail archives? > > Best Regards > Jan Erik Frithjofsen > If you are using Outlook2002 with MsExchange and therefore Windows Messaging (aka MAPI) then I have a utility (PM2MSM32) you may be interested in. To migrate Eudora messages,...

Question about switching from Eudora to Mac Mail
My wife has a Mac Mini running 10.6.8. She has used Eudora for years. We just purchased a Mac running Mavericks for a vacation home. My thought had been to move the Eudora on the 10.6.8 Mac to Mac mail. In theory we could bring the mail files to the vacation home where we could run the Mavericks Mac mamil I suspect the gotcha will be that the Mac mail on 10.6.8 will be upwards compatible with the Mac mail on Mavericks but the reverse will not be true. In other words if we move the mail files from the Mavericks Mac to return home, the 10.6.8 Mac mail will not be able to read them....

No mail to Eudora
I cannot send or receive any email on Eudora. My ISP is Comcast, so I set up my incoming server as mail.comcast.net, my outgoing server as smtp.comcast.net, my username and password are those given to me by Comcast. What d=could be the problem? Bob <brunkel@acm.org> wrote: > I cannot send or receive any email on Eudora. My ISP is Comcast, so I > set up my incoming server as mail.comcast.net, my outgoing server as > smtp.comcast.net, my username and password are those given to me by > Comcast. What d=could be the problem? It is hard to help you if you don'...

On Mail Check, Eudora Dumps Hundreds of Old E-mails
This happened once before, but I can't quite remember why. Also I have been prompted for my password recently, hadn't done that for years! Could these be related? And how do I suppress the downloading of old e-mails? Thanks. Frank frank1492 wrote: > > This happened once before, but I can't quite remember why. Also I have > been prompted for my password recently, hadn't done that for years! > Could these be related? And how do I suppress the downloading of > old e-mails? It sounds like you're leaving mail on the server...

Changing Mail/No mail Icons in Eudora 6.0 for OSX
Greetings -- I've been using Eudora for many years and have always hated the icons that appear in their alerts for "You have new mail" [the pigs] and "You have no new mail" [rabbit in the hat]. In OS9, I just fired up ResEdit and replaced these amateurish graphics with something more attractive. Now that I'm migrating to OSX, I want to change the Eudora icons once again, but nothing I've tried gets me close. I've looked at the package contents and found some tantalizing possibilities. But "Eudora.icns" contains only the application i...

error when trying to get mail from eudora after changing setting for g.mail
Hello out there! I followed to the LETTER the instructions on setting up my eudora mail client in conjunction with gmail. When I atemp to check my mail, I end up waiting for what feels like forever, only to get the message: Error: reading from the network. Cause: Eudora got tired of waiting for the server. (10100) Any suggestions for me? I am using Eudora in light mode, but supposably this shouldn't be part of the problem. Thanks! Critterlover On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 14:02:23 -0500: > I followed to the LETTER the instructions on setting up my eudora > mail ...

Web resources about - Eudora in mail attachments - comp.mail.eudora.mac

Attachment in adults - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Attachment in adults deals with the theory of attachment in adult romantic relationships. Attachment theory was extended to adult romantic relationships ...

Facebook Allowing Page Admins To ‘Refresh Share Attachment?’
Facebook appears to have given page administrators the option of refreshing links that they share in posts on their pages . continued... New ...

Chronik-Fotos - Mama Bean - Unconditional Attachment - Facebook
Graphic design students at the University of North Texas asked this inspiring mama, Monica, to be the face of their ad campaign. The campaign ...

New Facebook Messages Only Provides an Online Attachment Viewing Feature for Microsoft Docs
In another move highlighting Facebook’s strategic relationship with investor Microsoft, the company has given the established office software ...

Documents.me - Documents from remote PC, MAC, Gmail attachments, Google Drive & Dropbox Docsync for iPad ...
Get Documents.me - Documents from remote PC, MAC, Gmail attachments, Google Drive & Dropbox Docsync on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

A bullet attachment that could save lives? - YouTube
It looks like a toy attachment for a gun, but this new device is intended to give suspects a chance to live if shot. CNN's Sara Sidner reports. ...

Invention of the Day: New ‘Alternative’ Gun Attachment May Prevent Shooting Deaths
The Ferguson Police Department is testing out a new device which they think might help prevent unnecessary shooting deaths. “The Alternative” ...

100th anniversary of Anzac landings brings home strong attachments
The commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the Anzac landings draws our attention to events that so many of us have a strong attachment to. ...

iPhones - Is Our Attachment To Smartphones A Bad Thing?
They cater to our basic human hunger for connection, so is our attachment to mobiles such a bad thing?

Apple not encrypting email attachments in iOS 7, security researcher claims
Apple's Mail app in iOS 7 is failing to encrypt email attachments, leaving user data vulnerable to hackers, a security researcher claims.