Importing Mail/Address book to Eudora from Mail app

As per the header.  What I can't seem to do is using the Import command
from within Eudora is to import the contents of my Mac Address Book into
Eudora.

Also importing mailboxes, for some reason Eudora duplicates them into 2
lots of mailboxes, most likely from when I used to run 2 accounts in
Mail.  Is there any way of merging the 2 boxes into 1?
I'm using a G5 iMac Power PC.
Thank  you,

Peter

P.S.  Please note that the e-mail address given is a spam trap.  My
correct e-mail address is peterNOSPAM@pfjames.NOTHANKS.co.uk  Remove the
obvious to reply

--
He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I
could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far

Peter James <pfjames2000@googlemail.com> wrote:

> As per the header.  What I can't seem to do is using the Import command
> from within Eudora is to import the contents of my Mac Address Book into
> Eudora.

You can't import the contents into Eudora, but you can use Address Book
in addition to Eudora's own address book.  Go to Special | Settings |
Address Book and check the box for Show OS X Address Book.

> Also importing mailboxes, for some reason Eudora duplicates them into 2
> lots of mailboxes, most likely from when I used to run 2 accounts in
> Mail.  Is there any way of merging the 2 boxes into 1?
> I'm using a G5 iMac Power PC.

I'm assuming that there may be some overlap of messages in the two
mailboxes, and you only want to keep one copy of each message.  If
that's the case, first go to Special | Settings | Really Miscellaneous,
and check the box for "Delete Duplicate Messages (Slow)." If you don't
see the Really Miscellaneous address pane, you need to activate the
Esoteric Settings plugin.  Esoteric Settings comes with your Eudora
download, but by default it is not activated.  To activate it, in the
Finder select Eudora, Get Info, and in the Plug-ins pane, click in the
box for the Esoteric Settings.  I'm not certain, but I think you have to
restart Eudora to have the new settings show up. Now select all the
messages in one mailbox and use the Transfer menu to transfer them to
the other mailbox.  Once you've done that, delete the now empty mailbox.

--
Kathy
0
Kathy Morgan <kmorgan@spamcop.net> wrote:

> snipped
> You can't import the contents into Eudora, but you can use Address Book
> in addition to Eudora's own address book.  Go to Special | Settings |
> Address Book and check the box for Show OS X Address Book.
>snipped
Thank you for a very helpfull post.  With a bit of luck problem is now
solved.

Peter

He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I
could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far
from being gruntled.
P.G. Wodehouse 1881 -1975
0
pfjames2000
2/2/2009 8:05:51 AM
Kathy Morgan <kmorgan@spamcop.net> wrote:

> Peter James <pfjames2000@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > As per the header.  What I can't seem to do is using the Import command
> > from within Eudora is to import the contents of my Mac Address Book into
> > Eudora.
>
> You can't import the contents into Eudora, but you can use Address Book
> in addition to Eudora's own address book.  Go to Special | Settings |
> Address Book and check the box for Show OS X Address Book.
>
> > Also importing mailboxes, for some reason Eudora duplicates them into 2
> > lots of mailboxes, most likely from when I used to run 2 accounts in
> > Mail.  Is there any way of merging the 2 boxes into 1?
> > I'm using a G5 iMac Power PC.
>
> I'm assuming that there may be some overlap of messages in the two
> mailboxes, and you only want to keep one copy of each message.  If
> that's the case, first go to Special | Settings | Really Miscellaneous,
> and check the box for "Delete Duplicate Messages (Slow)." If you don't
> see the Really Miscellaneous address pane, you need to activate the
> Esoteric Settings plugin.  Esoteric Settings comes with your Eudora
> download, but by default it is not activated.  To activate it, in the
> Finder select Eudora, Get Info, and in the Plug-ins pane, click in the
> box for the Esoteric Settings.  I'm not certain, but I think you have to
> restart Eudora to have the new settings show up. Now select all the
> messages in one mailbox and use the Transfer menu to transfer them to
> the other mailbox.  Once you've done that, delete the now empty mailbox.
OK, well that all worked perfectly but..................?
If, because I've chopped and changed the Mailboxes, god only knows, but
when trying to filter messages I get the following error message.

"Couldn't open mailbox
(-43.  The document was not found (45:189)"

So it would seem that Eudora can't find the mailboxes into which I want
to filter mail.  The boxes exist, and I can open them manually.

Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.  thanks,

Peter

--
He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I
could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far
from being gruntled.
P.G. Wodehouse 1881 -1975
0
pfjames2000
2/2/2009 4:47:33 PM
Peter James <pfjames2000@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Kathy Morgan <kmorgan@spamcop.net> wrote:
> > Peter James <pfjames2000@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Also importing mailboxes, for some reason Eudora duplicates them into 2
> > > lots of mailboxes, most likely from when I used to run 2 accounts in
> > > Mail.  Is there any way of merging the 2 boxes into 1?
> > > I'm using a G5 iMac Power PC.
> >
> > select all the
> > messages in one mailbox and use the Transfer menu to transfer them to
> > the other mailbox.  Once you've done that, delete the now empty mailbox.
> OK, well that all worked perfectly but..................?
> If, because I've chopped and changed the Mailboxes, god only knows, but
> when trying to filter messages I get the following error message.
>
> "Couldn't open mailbox
> (-43.  The document was not found (45:189)"
>
> So it would seem that Eudora can't find the mailboxes into which I want
> to filter mail.  The boxes exist, and I can open them manually.
>
> Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.  thanks

Peter,

I'm guessing that the filters are trying to use the deleted mailboxes,
rather than the particular copies in which the messages now reside.  You
could try quitting and restarting Eudora, which might fix the problem.
If it doesn't, try opening your filters window.  For each filter that's
malfunctioning, click on the name of the mailbox you want the matches
filtered into and re-select the same mailbox from the Transfer menu.

If either of those work, let us know; and if they don't, we can try to
think of something else to try.

--
Kathy
0
Kathy Morgan <kmorgan@spamcop.net> wrote:

> Peter,
>
> I'm guessing that the filters are trying to use the deleted mailboxes,
> rather than the particular copies in which the messages now reside.  You
> could try quitting and restarting Eudora, which might fix the problem.
> If it doesn't, try opening your filters window.  For each filter that's
> malfunctioning, click on the name of the mailbox you want the matches
> filtered into and re-select the same mailbox from the Transfer menu.
>
> If either of those work, let us know; and if they don't, we can try to
> think of something else to try.

As you suggested I had a look at the Filters  and edited them where
necessary.  That seems to have done the trick, so thank you yet again.

Peter
--
He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I
could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far
from being gruntled.
P.G. Wodehouse 1881 -1975
0
pfjames2000

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Importing Eudora's Address Book into Mail app
I want to get my addresses from Eudora into OS X's Mail app. I presume Mail uses the Address Book app. for contact info. I look in Address Book, and I see menu items for importing these formats: LDIF vCards Eudora, however, is capable of exporting only a .csv file. How do I get this Eudora .csv file into Address Book? Thanks, -- DaveC me@privacy.net This is an invalid return address Please reply in the news group In article <0001HW.BC580A3A00005AC9F03055B0@news.individual.net>, DaveC <me@privacy.net> wrote: >How do I get this Eudora .csv file into Add...

Importing Eudora mail into Apple Mail
Having used Eudora for too many years, I now have a real mess in the references to attachments. Many of the attachments are no longer accessible from the messages that they arrived in, even though they are still in the attachments folder. The main issue here is that I have moved Eudora to a new machine every few years, and the startup disk has typically had a new name. This in itself is not a big problem, and Eudora still seems able to find the files. (But it does leave the reference in the mailbox with the old disk's name.) However, the other part of the reference is the...

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include t...

importing mail from Mail.app?
5.2.1 paid OSX 10.2.6 iMac 800 flat-screen OK, now that I've finally switched back to Eudora from Mail.app, can anyone suggest a painless way to import all that email I've accumulated in Mail over into Eudora? The Eudora manual only discusses Outlook Express, and my Googling has proved fruitless, as has searching thru the postings in this group. I seem to remember a nifty program to take mail in the other direction! Thanks again, rudi overit <baying@themoon.com> wrote: > 5.2.1 paid > OSX 10.2.6 > iMac 800 flat-screen > > OK, now that...

Import mail archives from Eudora 6 for Windows to Eudora 6 for Mac
Good morning/evening everyone ! I am a french user of Eudora, and I encounter this problem : I precedently used Eudora on a Windows plateform ; and now I have bought a Macintosh (^-^) and I would want to recover my mail archives on the Macintosh. Is there a way to import these archives from the Eudora version which is installed on Windows, to the Mac Version ? Thank you for your help (and sorry, really, for my very bad english :/ ) Nakaori In <BBDC2EFB.936F%mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> Mad Youri <mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> wrote: > Good morning/evening ev...

Importing existing mail from Outlook2002 or Eudora 6 to Pegasus-mail?
Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to have access to my mail archives? Best Regards Jan Erik Frithjofsen On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:35:11 GMT, Jan Erik Frithjofsen <jefrithjofsen@rocketmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to > have access to my mail archives? > > Best Regards > Jan Erik Frithjofsen > If you are using Outlook2002 with MsExchange and therefore Windows Messaging (aka MAPI) then I have a utility (PM2MSM32) you may be interested in. To migrate Eudora messages,...

Question about importing Eudora mail into Eudora 6.2
I just downloaded Eudora 6.2 and want it to import all the settings and mail from my old Eudora 4.2 OS 8.x program. It came with a import feature, but it would only work if I was using a later Eudora as my version was too old. Back in 2001 In tried Eudora 5.x or whatever version was latest at that time, but for some reason did not like it, or perhaps did not want to pay the money, so I removed it. Eudora 6.2 when installed copied all the Eudora 5.x settings and mail it so appears. Even though I am know running OS X, and I was then running OS 9.1. When I moved to OSX I did copy my...

import Mail email addresses to Eudora
I convinced my brother-in-law to switch to Mac and he has an Intel iMac. He imported his Outlook from Windows address book to Mail. I've shown him that Eudora can do many things that Mail cannot and recommended he use Eudora for everything except mailing photographs. Can he import the addresses from Mail to Eudora? Or from Windows Outlook to Mac Eudora? If one simply tries to do it from the Eudora File menu it doesn't do anything about addresses. It will import mailboxes and their folders but all the folders are empty with no messages. Any help would be apprecia...

Moving Eudora address book to Mail
My wife is changing computers at work and wants to move her address book from Eudora 5.1.1 under OS 9.1 to her new computer, an iBook running 10.3.5. There's no "export addresses" command in Eudora. I haven't used anything but OS X and NetBSD in years and can't remember where Eudora keeps its address book file. Can anyone tell me what to tell her to do? Networking the two will probably not be possible, she'll have to mail herself the file as an attachment. My wife is changing computers at work and wants to move her address book from Eudora 5.1.1 under OS 9.1 to h...

Mac mail app problems sending mail??
Sometimes when I send email I get an error message stating it will remain in outbox blah, blah, blah. It also says "Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check you SMTP server settings in Mail Preferences and verify and advanced settings with your system administrator." Now... when I go to Mail> Preferences> Accounts, I change the server settings and set authentication to Password. Once I enter password and whatnot, the mail gets sent. Sounds like the problems fixed but......... In a few more days, I get the error message again. This time I set the authenticati...

How to transfer mail from Eudora to Eudora?
I need to transfer Eudors mail from one computer to another. Sometimes from my Powerbook 3400c/8.6/Eudora light to my PM 7200/8.6/Eudora Light, sometimes between Mac computers when I am upgrading to a 'new' computer. Is there an easy way way to transfer individual e-mails or the complete file between computers, preferably using zip disks? -- Free men own guns, slaves don't www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/ In article <nhull-D259DD.06454907112005@news1.east.earthlink.net>, Nick Hull <nhull@access4less.net> wrote: > I need to transfer Eudors ma...

Incomplete importation of Eudora mailboxes by Mail.app
During a recent vacation I upgraded my mother's iMac from OS 9 to OS X. Previously she had been using Eudora 4.3 for mail, but rather than installing the latest Eudora I simply imported her old mail into Mail.app. This seemed to work, but there were two problems: 1) The dates on the imported inbox were all reasonable, but all the dates on the imported outbox were set to the same time (the time when I actually did the importation). When I opened up the old Eudora under Classic I discovered that the messages in the inbox all had normal Date: headers, but these were missing from the messa...

Web resources about - Importing Mail/Address book to Eudora from Mail app - comp.mail.eudora.mac

Facebook Expands Feed Connect (er, Feed Importing) to More Sites
About six weeks ago, Facebook launched Feed Importing for the first time, allowing users to connect their Facebook accounts to Flickr, Yelp, ...

YouTube - iPad importing photos from floppy disk.
You are using an outdated browser, which YouTube no longer supports. Since some features on YouTube may not work, you are viewing a lightweight ...

Thousands sign petition urging an end importing of primates for medical research
... inquiry has revealed horrific practices in the name of medical research. A petition with more than 14,000 signatures calling for a ban on importing ...

Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer
Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer

Former supervisor at Victoria's desalination plant jailed for importing marketable quantity of cocaine ...
A former supervisor at Victoria's $4 billion desalination plant who&nbsp;snorted cocaine he imported from Mexico to feed his habit and sell,&nbsp;cope ...

Importing nannies is not the right solution for Australia's childcare crisis
Migrant domestic workers: is that the answer for Australia or is it exploitation?

Mark Clermont sentenced to life in jail for importing drugs worth $260 million inside road roller
A judge has praised police for preventing cocaine and methylamphetamine with a street value of $260 million reaching the streets of Sydney and ...

Hong Kong man charged with importing 150kg of crystal methamphetamine into Sydney
A Hong Kong national is charged with importing 150 kilograms of ice following a joint-agency investigation in Sydney.

Man, 91, charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap boxes into Australia
A 91-year-old Sydney man has been charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap into Australia, prompting police to warn travellers to beware ...

Adobe updates Photoshop Express for Android with blemish removal tool, RAW importing, more
Adobe has actively been rolling out new and powerful tools for mobile platforms in recent months including Lightroom Mobile for iPad followed ...