upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1.1 quits without updating the application (Mac OS X)

I'm trying to upgrade to 6.1.1.  However, the installer quits after
installing 10-15 of 70 items, and says it was successful, but it
doesn't actually update the application.

I'm on Mac OS X 10.3.4, and have repaired permissions, and also tried
running the update as root - still doesn't work.  Has anyone
encountered this problem, and found a fix?  The only thing I can think
of at this point is to do a clean install of 6.1.1, and move any old
files over.

And, I can't contact their tech support, because my registration isn't
current, even though I'm planning on paying them for the upgrade!
0
pgarrison11
7/13/2004 11:48:20 PM
comp.mail.eudora.mac 2042 articles. 0 followers. dcohenspam (237) is leader. Post Follow

I had that problem on OS9 with the update, just wouldn't update Eudora
6.0 to 6.1, so I just used install Eudora for the First time and it
installed no problem :)

In article <22016cc6.0407131548.7a6850cc@posting.google.com>, Phillip
Garrison <pgarrison11@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to upgrade to 6.1.1.  However, the installer quits after
> installing 10-15 of 70 items, and says it was successful, but it
> doesn't actually update the application.
>
> I'm on Mac OS X 10.3.4, and have repaired permissions, and also tried
> running the update as root - still doesn't work.  Has anyone
> encountered this problem, and found a fix?  The only thing I can think
> of at this point is to do a clean install of 6.1.1, and move any old
> files over.
>
> And, I can't contact their tech support, because my registration isn't
> current, even though I'm planning on paying them for the upgrade!
0
hi

Transferring Eudora Addresses from older mac using OS 8.6 and Eudora 5.1 to new iMac using Panther !0.3 and Eudora 6.1
I have looked at all items on the strings appropriate or close to this problem back to May2004 with no useful input. I saved my old Eudora folder from my old machine on to a CD. I then loaded this into the new iMac and copied the Eudora Folder (not the applications folder) on to the desktop thinking Eudora 6.1 would see it and do the business. I had previously loaded up Eudora 6.1 (which seems to be working perfectly in all other aspects) and when it asked if I wanted to import infor from another application I said yes to..."from other". ( Eudora is not among these tha...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brillian...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Hi all, It's been a busy week or two at Pixelglow Software. Here's a brand new version of Graphviz, all spit and polish now. You'll enjoy the integrated color and font panel support, hand cursor panning and remembered settings. And everyone's most asked for -- a single click on the Edit tool will now bring up the DOT code for you to edit, and of course when you save it the graph automatically re-renders. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/download/ Here's the lowdown: Added edit, render and stop toolbar items [PCh]. Added integrated font and color fields and panels. Adde...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Gl...

Recent Articles,, * Amazon offering Mac OS X Snow Leopard Family Pack for $36.49, * Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.6.1, the first update to the Snow Leopard operating system, * Gartner: Exchange
http://switchtoamac.com/site/survey-indicates-that-50-of-us-it-pros-are-considering-abandoning-windows-likely-to-switch-to-apples-mac-os-x.html http://tinyurl.com/ybrbgek A June 12, 2009 CNNMoney.com article titled 'Can Windows 7 save PCs?", David Goldman writes about Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system. The article discusses the PC slump and highlights a March survey conducted by Dimension Research that indicates that 50% of respondents are likely to dump Windows in favor of Apple's Mac OS X operating system. Noteworthy quotes form the article ...

LDAP use with Eudora 6.1.1 / Mac OS X
My ldap server is set in the prefs as ldap://server.ironport.com:389/dc=ironport,dc=com where "server"" is, of course, the real name of the server :-) When I open the Directory Services window and try a Lookup I get An error occurred: 84 Decoding error I am using Eudora 6.1.1 in Sponsored mode (or I'd be asking Eudora Tech Support for help) I'm on Mac OS X 10.3.3 (Panther) I found one FAQ on the web that suggests this is an "old" LDAP server? Apple's Mail.app accesses this LDAP server w/o problems. Am I doing something stupid in my c...

Need help reverting from Eudora 6.2.4 to Eudora 6.1.1 on Mac
I've been a user of Eudora for my email for years, and had been using 6.1.1 in paid mode for the last couple of years. So, last night when an "Update Available" popped up automatically in the program, I finally decided to upgrade, even though it would mean paying another fee. So, I go ahead and download 6.2.4 (apparently bypassing the Eudora home page and going directly to download) and install it, only to find: 1) Qualcomm quit offering a paid mode last May, and 2) the sponsored mode has disabled spam filters. Now, all the spam dumps right into my In box. Is there a way I can...

can't compile bdb 0.6.5 on Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.1)
I'm trying to use Ruby-WordNet on my recently-Snow-Leopard-upgraded Mac, and I'm getting an error saying that it can't find the bdb library: /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require': no such file to load -- bdb (LoadError) from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/wordnet-0.0.5/lib/wordnet/lexicon.rb:34 [snip] Predictably, line 34 of lexicon.rb says: 34 require 'bdb' I used porticus to install the macports package for rb-bdb, and it says I have 0.6.5_0 installed: ...

From 6.1.0.6 to 6.1.1, is there an Easy Way?
From 6.1.0.6 to 6.1.1, is there an Easy Way? I spent half a day going from 5.2 to 6.1.0.6, which I'd love to avoid, most of that time related to lost options, personalities, Eudora.ini stuff etc. I did the full Paid install on top of 5.2 two weeks ago. What changed in 6.1.1, maybe just the Eudora.EXE and Eudora.DLL files? And if so, can we just get these replacement files? Is there any chance that the newest installer will work properly bringing in previous settings and preferences? Thanks. John John@NoSpam_SensorySIMS.com (please remove "NoSpam_" fro...

Who can help us getting SciLab started? Console Error Messages when attempting to start scilab-5.1.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.1
These are the Console Error Messages when attempting to start scilab-5.1.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.1 by double clicking the icon. Who can help us getting SciLab started? ZK 11/8/09 1:59:06 AM [0x0-0xd60d6].org.scilab.modules.jvm.Scilab[2494] dyld: Symbol not found: __ZNSo9_M_insertIlEERSoT_ 11/8/09 1:59:06 AM [0x0-0xd60d6].org.scilab.modules.jvm.Scilab[2494] Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/LaunchServices 11/8/09 1:59:06 AM [0x0-0xd60d6].org.scilab.modules.jvm.Scilab[2494] Expected i...

Mac OS X 1.0 x86 and Mac OS X 10.4 x86
I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... There should be some interesting error messages to find. I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day... -- Andrew J. Brehm Marx Brothers Fan PowerPC/Macintosh User Supporter of Chicken Sandwiches In article <1gxrpng.qcld42zk38uoN%ajbrehm@gmail.com>, ajbrehm@gmail.com (Andrew J. Brehm) wrote: > I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or > earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... > > There should be some interesting error messages to find. &...

Installing Plucker Desktop 1.6.0.1 over 1.6.0.0
Is it safe to install Plucker Desktop 1.6.0.1 over 1.6.0.0? I'm using the Windows version. Chuck -- <http://www.drchuck.net/> Home of the Dr. Chuck Network "Charles A. Kunz" <drchuck@i-2000.com> wrote in message news:6546qv07ajb7nbr9vo7tl53u71cmc5dod3@4ax.com... > Is it safe to install Plucker Desktop 1.6.0.1 over 1.6.0.0? I'm using > the Windows version. > > Chuck > -- Hi Chuck, I guess it safe; if not, email the author of the software of any problems. Byron --- Byron's Emporium - Cool eBooks for PDA's ENJOYOU...

Error 1, or 2 or 3 when choosing Quit Eudora 6.1 Mac.
Choosing Quit or typing Cmd-Q in Eudora 6.1 for Mac causes splash screen which reports Application has quit unexpectedly because of Error 1, or 2 or 3. Altogether random, and incresing memory allocation has no effect. Remedy? In article <be36d63e.0404170720.425452ec@posting.google.com>, calldan@interfree.it (calldan) wrote: >Choosing Quit or typing Cmd-Q in Eudora 6.1 for Mac causes splash >screen which reports Application has quit unexpectedly because of >Error 1, or 2 or 3. Which OS are you using? -- Peter In article <be36d63e.0404170720.425452ec@postin...

Web resources about - upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1.1 quits without updating the application (Mac OS X) - comp.mail.eudora.mac

ACT development application volume falls between 2015 and 2014
Development applications dropped in the ACT in 2015 compared with 2014, year-end government figures show.

Apple Stores planned for India as application is filed with regulators
... India Times , the company has recently taken a major step in accomplishing that goal. According to the report, Apple has just filed an application ...

Tech City UK received just 37 applications for a visa scheme that could allow 200 tech immigrants to ...
Tech City UK, a taxpayer-funded government organisation, has received just 37 applications since April 2015 for a dedicated technology visa that ...

Tech City UK received just 37 applications for a visa route that allows 200
Tech City UK, a taxpayer-funded government organisation, has received just 37 applications since April 2015 for a dedicated technology visa that ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 22% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase as Rates Continue to Drop in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 8.8 percent ...

Mortgage applications up 8.8%
Defying expectations for the start of 2016, mortgage rates spiraled down further last week, spurring more applications.

The USPTO updates their refusal of Sony's 'Let's Play' trademark application
... and Trademarks Office shot them down. What was interesting was the USPTO’s justification for doing so. They didn’t originally deny the application ...

Digitimes Research: Vendors showcase more applications to promote personal security at CES 2016
Smart home device and service vendors were showcasing more devices and service applications dedicated to the promotion of personal security at ...

Cloud Cruiser 16 Application Features SmartTag Technology
With Cloud Cruiser 16, customers can optimize the delivery of cloud services to the business by metering usage by user.