Windows Eudora to Mac Eudora

Trying to get all my Windows Eudora v7.1 email folders/mailboxes converted
to Mac Eudora 6.2 but the instructions on Qualcomm's site are incomplete.

Does anyone have a step-by-step solution that they know works?

Also - in the Windows version, the mailbox/folder list docks on the left
side of the screen (above where Eudora used to have ads. Is there any way in
the Mac version to control window placement and docking?

One last question - Is this the only place to get active Eudora
discussion/user support, or are there other forums for Mac users that are
still active?

Thanks

0
John
8/29/2007 3:56:27 PM
comp.mail.eudora.mac 2042 articles. 0 followers. dcohenspam (237) is leader. Post Follow

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:56:27 -0500:

> Trying to get all my Windows Eudora v7.1 email folders/mailboxes conve=
rted
> to Mac Eudora 6.2 but the instructions on Qualcomm's site are incomple=
te.

> Does anyone have a step-by-step solution that they know works?

What instructions did you find (URL?)
Where did problem(s) occur, or what happened?

Does anyone know whether an intermediate import to another
cross-platform client (e.g. Thunderbird) works,
and/or is any easier? (probably would lose info, however).

> One last question - Is this the only place to get active Eudora
> discussion/user support, or are there other forums for Mac users
> that are still active?

Qualcomm's support and user forums are currently still in operation:

http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/ [both Windows and Mac]
http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/search.php [forum search engine]
http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/mac/

Google search engine (for this newsgroup):
http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=3Dgroup:comp.mail.eudora.mac&=
scoring=3Dd&num=3D100

-- =
0
John
8/29/2007 5:25:41 PM
sorry for top-posting....

In the Eudora KB there is an article (1644hq) on migrating from Windows to
Mac and it has inaccuracies.

the ~/Documents/Eudora Folder it refers to placing the converted .mbx files
(sans .mbx extension) really ought to be ~/Documents/Eudora Folders/Mail
Folder  (this is for OS X 10.4 and Eudora 6.2)

I'm still working through the conversion issues of the folders I need to
migrate with the mailboxes in them.

Somebody recommended an app called Linebreak Converter X to deal with CRLF
issues, but I'm not there yet.

John H Meyers wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:56:27 -0500:
>
>> Trying to get all my Windows Eudora v7.1 email folders/mailboxes
>> converted to Mac Eudora 6.2 but the instructions on Qualcomm's site
>> are incomplete.
>>
>> Does anyone have a step-by-step solution that they know works?
>
> What instructions did you find (URL?)
> Where did problem(s) occur, or what happened?
>
> Does anyone know whether an intermediate import to another
> cross-platform client (e.g. Thunderbird) works,
> and/or is any easier? (probably would lose info, however).
>
>> One last question - Is this the only place to get active Eudora
>> discussion/user support, or are there other forums for Mac users
>> that are still active?
>
> Qualcomm's support and user forums are currently still in operation:
>
> http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/ [both Windows and Mac]
> http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/search.php [forum search engine]
> http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/mac/
>
> Google search engine (for this newsgroup):

http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=group:comp.mail.eudora.mac&scorin
g=d&num=100

--
OpenVMS - The never-advertised operating system with the dwindling ISV
base.

0
John
8/29/2007 7:30:55 PM
John Smith <a@nonymous.com> wrote:

> Somebody recommended an app called Linebreak Converter X to deal with CRLF
> issues, but I'm not there yet.

BBEdit by BareBones Software (or the old BBEdit Lite if you can locate a
copy) and TextWrangler (also by BBEdit) are text editors that can change
the CRLF issues for you.  BBEdit Lite and TextWrangler are free and IMO
do the job much more easily than following the recommendations on the
Qualcomm site.  I haven't actually used TextWrangler, but I would expect
that it works similarly to BBEdit Lite.

Work with a copy of the files, of course, just in case things go wrong.
The mailboxes are actually just simple text files.  Boot up BBEdit [1]
and choose File | Open... to open a mailbox.  Select Save As... and
click on the Options button.  One of the options will be to save with
Macintosh line endings.  Chose that, and voila! you're done.

Earlier, you wrote:
> Also - in the Windows version, the mailbox/folder list docks on the left
> side of the screen (above where Eudora used to have ads. Is there any way in
> the Mac version to control window placement and docking?

Just drag the windows to where ever you'd like to have them.  Eudora
will remember the placement from one startup to the next.

> One last question - Is this the only place to get active Eudora
> discussion/user support, or are there other forums for Mac users that are
> still active?

This is probably the best place to get active discussion and support,
but it is also sometimes discussed in comp.sys.mac.comm and
uk.comp.sys.mac

[1] BBEdit Lite (no longer available from BareBones, but you might be
able to turn up a copy with a web search) is the program I've used, and
I'm sure BBEdit and TextWrangler work very similarly, but I haven't
actually used either so there might be very slight differences to deal
with.  I know Peter Ceresole has used TextWrangler, so I'm sure he'll
pipe up if there's something different about it that you should know.

--
Kathy - If you're reading this in your web browser from Google or
similar forum, NNTP "newsreaders" are a better way to access the
Kathy Morgan <kmorgan@spamcop.net> wrote:

> I haven't actually used TextWrangler, but I would expect
> that it works similarly to BBEdit Lite.

It's fairly identical.
--
Peter
0

Window eudora to Mac eudora
Hi All, I am going to buy a mac Ibook, but currently i am using window, and use the eudora to get email, is it any way to transfer or convert those email to Mac? Thanks in advance, <saipak@alumni.polyu.edu.hk> wrote: > I am going to buy a mac Ibook, but currently i am using window, and use the > eudora to get email, is it any way to transfer or convert those email to > Mac? There are ways to do this quite easily. Others, who have done it, will surely reply here in detail, but in the mean time look at <www.emailman.com/conversion> and see if what you nee...

Import mail archives from Eudora 6 for Windows to Eudora 6 for Mac
Good morning/evening everyone ! I am a french user of Eudora, and I encounter this problem : I precedently used Eudora on a Windows plateform ; and now I have bought a Macintosh (^-^) and I would want to recover my mail archives on the Macintosh. Is there a way to import these archives from the Eudora version which is installed on Windows, to the Mac Version ? Thank you for your help (and sorry, really, for my very bad english :/ ) Nakaori In <BBDC2EFB.936F%mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> Mad Youri <mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> wrote: > Good morning/evening ev...

Eudora for Windows mailboxes to Eudora for Mac
My searching has found numerous who have experienced my problem, but never a conclusion on how they fixed it. I've been using Eudora on Windows for many, many years... have several GB of email... and now I want to switch my environment over to Mac OS X... but my mail has to switch. Either Eudora for Mac or Apple Mail... but neither seems to import Eudora for Windows mail! Argh! Anyway, I've tried numerous things... including, of course, following the directions provided by Eudora, the directions found on MacNN, and directions found here. I've pulled over all the ...

Eudora Mac vs Eudora Windows
My husband uses Eudora 5 (sponsored) on his Mac (OS9) and Outlook on his Windows XP machine at work. He wants me to install Eudora at work because he hates Outlook. Most of his contacts are the same at home and office, so can I just drop a copy of his Eudora Address Book file into his Windows machine or is the Windows version a different type of file? If this can be done, where on the PC should I look for the Address Book to replace with the Mac file? nosredna <nosredna@suscom.net> wrote: > My husband uses Eudora 5 (sponsored) on his Mac (OS9) and Outlook on his >...

PC Eudora to Mac Eudora
I just tried migrating from PC Eudora (with .toc files, etc) to Mac Eudora under MacOS 10.5 - and I can't get any of the suggestions to work. The files were transferred via USB flash drive The Mac version appears to use the resource fork, regardless of whether the "use old style .toc" is checked or not. When I move the files over, the .mbx files are recognized as Eudora files (in the "kind" column of a finder window). . When I remove the .mbx extension, it no longer is recognized as such. The mailboxes I make inside Eudora, which have no extension, are reco...

Mac Eudora to Windows Eudora: losing recipient names in OUT.mbx
I've created new mailboxes, and copied all my business emails over to new IN and OUT mailboxes (with different, names). The remaining emails are personal emails and the IN and OUT mailboxes remain on the Mac with those personal emails only. I transfer the new MP-IN.mbx with the business emails via Fetch to an FTP server, using ASCII (text) conversion. I download the files from the FTP server to the PC using a PC-compatible FTP client into a new folder and these then open perfectly in the Eudora for Windows in that computer. However, when I do the same process with the business...

Transferring Eudora Addresses from older mac using OS 8.6 and Eudora 5.1 to new iMac using Panther !0.3 and Eudora 6.1
I have looked at all items on the strings appropriate or close to this problem back to May2004 with no useful input. I saved my old Eudora folder from my old machine on to a CD. I then loaded this into the new iMac and copied the Eudora Folder (not the applications folder) on to the desktop thinking Eudora 6.1 would see it and do the business. I had previously loaded up Eudora 6.1 (which seems to be working perfectly in all other aspects) and when it asked if I wanted to import infor from another application I said yes to..."from other". ( Eudora is not among these tha...

Eudora 5 (Win)
Hi, is it possible to use my mailboxes, attachment, settings, accounts etc from Eudora 5 (Win) on a Mac 9.2 with Eudora 4.3 (Mac)? Which is the best way for it, and where should I take attention? I hope it would work when I copy my mailboxes (mbx?) to Mac? Thanks for every hints that helps me... Kevin In <3f1d1076$0$22096$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch> Kevin Frei <.@.> wrote: > is it possible to use my mailboxes, attachment, settings, accounts etc from > Eudora 5 (Win) on a Mac 9.2 with Eudora 4.3 (Mac)? Which is the best way for > it, and where shoul...

Eudora 5 (Win)
Hi, is it possible to use my mailboxes, attachment, settings, accounts etc from Eudora 5 (Win) on a Mac 9.2 with Eudora 4.3 (Mac)? Which is the best way for it, and where should I take attention? I hope it would work when I copy my mailboxes (mbx?) to Mac? Thanks for every hints that helps me... Kevin Kevin Frei wrote: > > is it possible to use my mailboxes, attachment, settings, accounts etc from > Eudora 5 (Win) on a Mac 9.2 with Eudora 4.3 (Mac)? Which is the best way for > it, and where should I take attention? I hope it would work when I copy my > ma...

How to transfer mail from Eudora to Eudora?
I need to transfer Eudors mail from one computer to another. Sometimes from my Powerbook 3400c/8.6/Eudora light to my PM 7200/8.6/Eudora Light, sometimes between Mac computers when I am upgrading to a 'new' computer. Is there an easy way way to transfer individual e-mails or the complete file between computers, preferably using zip disks? -- Free men own guns, slaves don't www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/ In article <nhull-D259DD.06454907112005@news1.east.earthlink.net>, Nick Hull <nhull@access4less.net> wrote: > I need to transfer Eudors ma...

Importing from Eudora to Eudora
Trying to import Eudora 5.2 mailboxes from the old computer into Eudora 6.0 on the new computer. (Networked and otherwise talking well). The Import/Export function doesn't find any valid mailboxes on the old system. Are they hidden elsewhere? Strange hidden proceedure? Me being too obtuse? Also am trying to avoid a copy/paste situation since we've been using the new computer for emails and don't want to loose anything downloaded since installation. Thanks in advance Thren@worldnet.att.net > > The Import/Export function doesn't find any valid mailb...

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include t...

Export from Eudora to Eudora
Just trying to make a backup copy of all my email address in case of a hard drive crash. What file should I make a copy of? Thanks, Barney In article <Xns9BF9718D533LeicaLeicacom@69.16.185.250>, Leica@Leica.com says... > Just trying to make a backup copy of all my email address in case of a hard > drive crash. > > What file should I make a copy of? Address Book: ============= Should be 3 files total. These files are located in the *EUDORA* directory. Address Book: 1. NNDBASE.TOC - Address Book Table of Contents 2. NNDBASE.T...

Import from Eudora to Eudora???!!?
I am a Eudora 5.1 user and I just upgraded to 7. I'm shocked to discover that there's no way to simply say "take all of my accounts and filters and settings and stuff into 7". I have to re-enter all of my filters? All of my personalities? Are they kidding? I must be missing a menu option here, please help. thx Check out http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=7505 dterrors@hotmail.com wrote: > I am a Eudora 5.1 user and I just upgraded to 7. I'm shocked to > discover that there's no way to simply say "take all of my accoun...

Web resources about - Windows Eudora to Mac Eudora - comp.mail.eudora.mac

The Windows Blog

Best Windows apps this week
One-hundred and sixty-five in a series. Welcome to this week's overview of the best apps and games released for Windows 8.x and Windows 10 in ...

It’s game over for Windows Phone as device sales hit an all-time low
Try as it may, Microsoft simply can't compete in a smartphone market still dominated by Apple's iPhone and an assortment of Android handsets. ...

"I see little difference between a drone hovering near my window, and someone standing across the street ...
... wife, she was outraged by the intrusion and briefly contemplated buying a shotgun, should my neighbor’s drone reappear near our bedroom window. ...

A deer outside my kitchen window this morning — through Google Glass
A deer outside my kitchen window this morning — through Google Glass

This chart shows just how badly Microsoft's Windows Phone business is doing
... includes Azure, grew revenue by 5% to $6.3 billion (£4.3 billion) and the company managed to see a smaller decline in its revenue from Windows ...

The man in charge of Windows design explains why it doesn't matter that he uses an iPhone
... His official title is "Corporate Vice President, Operating Systems Group" which, broadly, means he is in charge of the design of Windows, specifically ...

Tencent Holdings Ltd Halts Windows 10 Mobile QQ Development
China Business News Tencent Holdings Ltd Halts Windows 10 Mobile QQ Development China Business News Chinese internet giant Tencent Holdings ...