"Check Mail" button does not check mail.

Very strange problem on my friend's computer. His system is a HP computer running W7 home version, has used Eudora for years without problems. I was (successfully) fixing the GMail untrusted certificate error when this problem occurred:

Clicking the "Check Mail" toolbar icon does not check mail.
Using menu item File>Check Mail does not check mail.
Using the personalities window, R clicking "Dominant" & check mail DOES work.

I tried, in this order:
Reboot the machine.
Turning off MS Security essentials.
Created a restore point & re-installed Eudora.
Used System restore to rollback 2 days ago. (another restart)

None of the above helped.

Can anyone help?

Addedndum - by "does not check mail" I mean there is no response at all, nothing appears in the task window, it is as though the item was not clicked.
Thinking I should have tried the keyboard shortcut to see what would happen...

0
Doug

On Sun, 9 Aug 2015 18:06:59 -0700 (PDT), Doug <mkkdoug@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Very strange problem on my friend's computer. His system is a HP computer running W7 home version, has used Eudora for years without problems. I was (successfully) fixing the GMail untrusted certificate error when this problem occurred:
>
>Clicking the "Check Mail" toolbar icon does not check mail.
>Using menu item File>Check Mail does not check mail.
>Using the personalities window, R clicking "Dominant" & check mail DOES work.
>
>I tried, in this order:
>Reboot the machine.
>Turning off MS Security essentials.
>Created a restore point & re-installed Eudora.
>Used System restore to rollback 2 days ago. (another restart)
>
>None of the above helped.
>
>Can anyone help?
>
>Addedndum - by "does not check mail" I mean there is no response at all, nothing appears in the task window, it is as though the item was not clicked.
>Thinking I should have tried the keyboard shortcut to see what would happen...

In the Personalities window, Generic Properties tab:  enable Check
Mail at the bottom left.

Ajo Wissink
0
Ajo
8/10/2015 2:32:50 AM
Ajo, Thank you!

Silly me!! After using Eudora for all these years (I have multiple personal=
ities, some check mail, some don't by using that very checkbox) I never rea=
lized that setting disabled the "check mail"'s but of course that makes sen=
se. What caught me is my friend only uses one account (he is an active nine=
ty one year old).

Thank you again!
0
Doug
8/10/2015 3:03:00 AM
On Sun, 9 Aug 2015 20:03:00 -0700 (PDT), Doug <mkkdoug@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Ajo, Thank you!
>
>Silly me!! After using Eudora for all these years (I have multiple personalities, some check mail, some don't by using that very checkbox) I never realized that setting disabled the "check mail"'s but of course that makes sense. What caught me is my friend only uses one account (he is an active ninety one year old).
>
>Thank you again!

You are welcome.  Don't feel bad, it's easy to overlook. Sometimes you
need a little hint from a 83 year old youngster ;-)
0
Ajo

Eudora grabs the "focus" whenever it checks for new mail...
I was in a previous discussion on this same issue last year, but got no answer to my question. I've just upgraded to Eudora 6.1 (paid) hoping this focus problem had been addressed. Apparently, that hasn't happened yet... I set my Tools|Options|Checking Mail to check mail every 30 minutes and when Eudora performs that mail check, it will pull my focus from IE6 or Netscape or any other software I'm using at the time, back to the Eudora screen to focus on Eudora. This is annoying; I don't want to see all my messages downloading 20 times a day! Does anyone understan...

Check Mail returns no mail when in fact there is mail
On my laptop which connects to an SBC DSL internet connection via a wireless network in our home, both Eudora 6.2 and 7.0 (I downloaded 7.0 in hopes it would fix this problem) checks for mail, retrieves none and tells me I have no new mail. In fact, there is mail which I can retrieve through a browser on the laptop or on our desktop computer. I have all account settings set identical to the Eudora program on our desktop computer (which connects directly to the DSL without utilizing the wireless connection). I can send mail from the laptop just fine using Eudora. I get no error...

Repeated "check mail"
Hi, Using 7.1.0.9 on a Sony Vaio laptop with Vista. E. gets into phases where it repeatedly checks for new mail every two seconds or so. Carries on until I close - closing generates an error messge. Similar phenomenon sometimes on a Dell Latitude running XP. Never on a Dell Optiplex running XP. Any ideas? Thanks, Gordon On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:17:26 -0000, "Gordon MacPherson" <gordon.macpherson@path.ox.ac.uk> wrote: >Hi, >Using 7.1.0.9 on a Sony Vaio laptop with Vista. E. gets into phases where it >repeatedly checks for new mail every two seco...

"Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service" misleading the Sendmail by BODY=7BIT in "mail from"
Hello. I ran into a situation where the Sendmail deceived by the Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service. MS ESMTP Service send to Sendmail MAIL FROM:<system@gosuslugi.ru> SIZE=12345 AUTH=<> BODY=7BIT but message is not 7BIT. It contain MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="--2f2da5fd4e757bb09dce3cc4fd3fda88" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit in header, but ----59b9b79d39a2fcdcd7600d2d20592b5a Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit in some parts and real text in utf8. Sendmail loses one bit. :-(...

Problem using the "nail" or the "mail" command to receive E-mail. HELP!!!
Using the "nail" or the "mail" command to send and receive E-mail. Examine this line: ls -a ~ | nail -a .mailrc -A autosend -s "Dis be a tess" dock@technologist.com I have been using this line at a command prompt to send an E-mail with the subject line "Dis be a tess" using my E-mail account back to my E- mail account. What this particular line does is: list the directory using the "ls" command. It then pipes the output from the "ls" command to a "nail" command. The parameters in the "nail" command a...

Eudora 6.1.2
Hello, i've been using Eudora for years and it's still the best eventhough i have concern. I'm now using the latest version 6.1.2 and two things are bugging me ... 1) multiple personalities - for some reason I can't understand, you'd think that hitting the "reply" button would put the same address in the "From" line as it was in the "To" line. Meaning if I have someone sending me mail at me@domain.com, I'd like that same address to appear in the from line no matter how many personalities I have. Somehow Eudora randomly pi...

E-mail Aliases in "Mail"
Suppose that my on-line store, mystore.com, sell hats and gloves. The company that hosts my site has assigned the e-mail address (and user name) mystore@mystore.com to this account. But they will forward mail addressed to anynamewhatsoever@mystore.com; in other words, they allow me to use an unlimited number of e-mail aliases. That way, a person who wants to enquire about a hat can e-mail hats@mystore.com and a person who is interested in gloves can e-mail gloves@mystore.com. Filters in "Mail" will sort the messages into the appropriate mailboxes for my convenience. The problem is t...

Welcome to the "Mails" mailing list
Thanks for Joining www.freehotlinksdirectory.com Welcome to the Mails@freehotlinksdirectory.com mailing list! To post to this list, send your email to: mails@freehotlinksdirectory.com General information about the mailing list is at: http://freehotlinksdirectory.com/mailman/listinfo/mails_freehotlinksdirectory.com If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch to or from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit your subscription page at: http://freehotlinksdirectory.com/mailman/options/mails_freehotlinksdirectory.com/python-list%40pytho...

Apple Mail "no mail" sound
When I check my mail manually and I have no mail, I get a high-pitched shrieky alert sound. I have no idea where it came from, because the sound isn't even in my list of sounds (System Preferences/Sound). I can get rid of it by unchecking "play sounds for other mail actions" in Mail preferences, but I'd prefer not to. It seems like this sound started happening after I installed Skype. But Skype doesn't have that sound in its sound choices either. Anyone have a clue? In article <nosredna-61A454.22043129012006@news.isp.giganews.com>, nosredna <nosredna@susc...

Sendmail: mails rejected with "550-unrouteable mail domain "blade150.lafr.de""
mails sent from my Sun Blade 150 (Solaris 9) via sendmail are rejected by the destination mail server with message shown above in the subject line. My sendmail.mc file look like this: divert(0)dnl VERSIONID(`@(#)main.mc 1.5 (Sun) 08/10/00') OSTYPE(`solaris8')dnl DOMAIN(`solaris-generic')dnl FEATURE(`allmasquerade') MASQUERADE_AS(lafr.de)dnl MAILER(`local')dnl MAILER(`smtp')dnl I put in the domain name "lafr.de". I thought this will change user@host.domain.de to user@domain.de. But it seems that I am missing something else. Who can help me ? Regards - F...

Error while checking mail for "Dominant"
Hi, When I'm checking mail, iIve his error message two times a week since recently "An adress is to long or otherwise malformed. Mail cannot sent with such adresses. (1:268)" Even if I don't send mail and I'm only checking. I checked (send mail on checking). There's no mail with some strange adress or so. Any hints? regards Martin -- So have I heard and do in part believe it. - Horatio In article <1g22hko.1i8qsta1cp2mbcN%tino@rossi.invalid>, Martin Rass <tino@rossi.invalid> wrote: > Hi, > When I'm checking mail, ...

No more "Subject", "Date/Time" or "Size" headers/buttons in new mail (and other) folders
All of a sudden they disappeared: the "Subject", "Date/Time" or "Size" headers/buttons in my new mail (and other) folder preview are gone! Just the sender remains, and when new mail arrives it 'disappears' somewhere in the alphabetically sorted list in stead of ending up on top in the date-sorted list. I use V4.31 on XP, sofar I never had any major issues. PMail sometimes decides for a disabled SMTP server without warning when I'm on the road, but that's it. This one is a major issue. It has rendered my email almost unusable. All I can...

iBook and Mail, no "send mail" sound
A friend of mine has a white iBook (G3, I think, running Panther). She has always liked the "whoosh" sound of mail being sent from Apple Mail, but she said it disappeared after some geek relatives were visiting for the holidays (maybe just a coincidence). The file that causes the sound, "Mail Sent.aiff," accessible by viewing Mail's package contents, is definitely in her Mail app, andn other sounds are working fine in all applications. Another issue that might be related: She has never done any maintenance (with Disk Utility or something like MacJanitor), and ne...

"Send" button disappeared from Mail window
What the hell? I installed nothing, updated nothing, changed nothing in the system or in Mail, but suddenly the "Send" button is just not there anymore in new message composition windows. Searching the Mail menus I see no way to re-add it. Any ideas? (I have not yet re-booted because doing something that might work on a Windoze peecee would be too sad.) richard schumacher <no-spam@invalid.net> wrote: > What the hell? I installed nothing, updated nothing, changed nothing in > the system or in Mail, but suddenly the "Send" button is just not there > ...

Web resources about - "Check Mail" button does not check mail. - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows