"Empty trash when exiting" & "Leave mail on server+Delete from server when emptied from Trash" problem

Hi All,

I checked the three option in the subject and when I quit Eudora it
does not delete Trashed message from the server. If I delete Trash
manually, upon next mailcheck Eudora deletes what was emptied from the
Trash box.

This also causes Eudora downloading multiple copies of the same
message if I restart it. Probably it deletes something from lmos.dat
when I Trash the message or I quit. So I get every Trashed message
again, every time I start Eudora. Same thing if I quit after manually
emptying Trash, but not checking mail.

Any help welcome,
Csacsi

On 20 Feb 2004 03:18:12 -0800, c.sandor@emla.hu (csacsi) wrote:

> I checked the three option in the subject and when I quit Eudora it
> does not delete Trashed message from the server. If I delete Trash
> manually, upon next mailcheck Eudora deletes what was emptied from the
> Trash box.
>
> This also causes Eudora downloading multiple copies of the same
> message if I restart it. Probably it deletes something from lmos.dat
> when I Trash the message or I quit. So I get every Trashed message
> again, every time I start Eudora. Same thing if I quit after manually
> emptying Trash, but not checking mail.

The messages actually aren't removed from the server until you check mail
the next time, so empty your Trash mailbox and check your mail before you
shut-down Eudora, if you plan to leave messages on the server.

John
0
Gianni
2/20/2004 1:16:56 PM
In comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows on 20 Feb 2004 03:18:12 -0800
c.sandor@emla.hu (csacsi) posted:

>Hi All,
>
>I checked the three option in the subject and when I quit Eudora it
>does not delete Trashed message from the server. If I delete Trash
>manually, upon next mailcheck Eudora deletes what was emptied from the
>Trash box.

Gianhi's right.  The sentences above are not parallel.  One is about
quitting Eudora, and the other about the next mailcheck.

Quitting Eudora empties the trash if set that way, but it never
deletes something from the server.  (Well, if you say quit and then
you say to send any queued email, it might, I don't know, but that is
not what you're talking about.)

>This also causes Eudora downloading multiple copies of the same
>message if I restart it. Probably it deletes something from lmos.dat
>when I Trash the message or I quit. So I get every Trashed message
>again, every time I start Eudora. Same thing if I quit after manually
>emptying Trash, but not checking mail.

You get every trashed message again where?  In the trash mailbox?  In
the inbox?  Does it first ask you if you want to recreate the toc?

Do you ever compact your mailboxes?

>Any help welcome,
>Csacsi

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.

meirman
2/20/2004 4:15:08 PM
In comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows on Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:15:08 -0500
meirman <meirman@invalid.com> posted:

>Gianhi's right.  The sentences above are not parallel.  One is about

I make typos all the time but I really don't know how I made a mistake
with a double letter.  Sorry.

>quitting Eudora, and the other about the next mailcheck.

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.

meirman
2/20/2004 4:42:58 PM
In comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows on Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:15:08 -0500
meirman <meirman@invalid.com> posted:

>Gianhi's right.  The sentences above are not parallel.  One is about

I make typos all the time but I really don't know how I made a mistake
with a double letter.  Sorry, Gianni.

>quitting Eudora, and the other about the next mailcheck.

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.

meirman
2/20/2004 4:43:29 PM
csacsi <c.sandor@emla.hu> wrote:
> I checked the three option in the subject and when I quit Eudora it
> does not delete Trashed message from the server. If I delete Trash
> manually, upon next mailcheck Eudora deletes what was emptied from the
> Trash box.

That part is the way it works. If the messages are emptied from the trash
when you quit, there's no way for them to be deleted from the server until
the next time you start Eudora and do a mailcheck. Eudora has to be in
contact with the server in order to delete anything from it.

> This also causes Eudora downloading multiple copies of the same
> message if I restart it.

There appears to be a bug in the option to delete mail from the server
when emptied from the trash that causes that to happen sometimes. It
doesn't happen to everybody, but it is not particularly uncommon either.

I suggest turning off the option to delete mail when emptying the trash.
Then get in the habit of going to the trash once in a while, selecting all
the messages and changing their server status to "delete". That works
reliably in my experience.

--
Katrina

0
Katrina
2/20/2004 5:27:48 PM
On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:43:29 -0500, meirman <meirman@invalid.com> wrote:

> In comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows on Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:15:08 -0500
> meirman <meirman@invalid.com> posted:
>
> >Gianhi's right.  The sentences above are not parallel.  One is about
>
> I make typos all the time but I really don't know how I made a mistake
> with a double letter.  Sorry, Gianni.

The 'H' key is right above the 'N' key . . .

If you've noticed, I sign off my messages as "John," so you can call me
that, 'cause that's my real name . . .

John
0
Gianni

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

Moving Mail from "Trash" to "In"
I am using Eudora 5.2.0.9 (Paid) on a Windows ME system. Sometimes I find mail is sent to "Trash" that does not belong there. Normally, all I have to do to save this mail is to highlight it and drag it to the "In Box." This procedure usually works fine. On occasion, however, when I check the contents of the "In Box" following the drag & drop procedure, the mail cannot be found even after a totally thorough search! And, of course, the mail is no longer in the "trash." What is the solution? Am I doing something wrong? Also, please d...

A problem about "[ ]" "( )" "="

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

"my" and "our"

"out" and "in out"

"/a" is not "/a" ?

"or" and "and"

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

why "::", not "."

about "++" and "--"

"while"+"or"=problem
Hello c=0 while (a~=row | c~=1) if (As(j+1,i)==(-As(a,i))) disp('redukcja') As(j+1,scol:col)=As(j+1,scol:col)+As(a,scol:col) c=1 end a=a+1 end Why it dosen't leave the loop when c=1? uchyb ustalony <ask@me.for> wrote in message <ftn9qk$fu2$1@news.onet.pl>... > Hello > > c=0 > while (a~=row | c~=1) > if (As(j+1,i)==(-As(a,i))) > disp('redukcja') > As(j+1,scol:col)=As(j+1,scol:col)+As(a,scol:col) &...

how to delete "outgoing mail server" in Mail prefs
I've switched service providers and I want to erase the old information from the "outgoing mail server" list in the Mail.app preference file. The pop-up menu only offers the option of adding servers, not deleting them. I know there's a way to do this because I did it before, but I've forgotten how. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks -- d49ot In article <klMwb.84198$sU6.1650034@weber.videotron.net>, d49ot <d49ot@invalid.invalid> wrote: > I've switched service providers and I want to erase the old > information from ...

What is the "mail server" for Eudora?
Am trying to read Eudora emails via Yahoo and it keeps asking for the "Mail Server" and no matter what I enter it fails. I can't find out what it is from Eudora either. How do I find out? gobrien.remove@eudoramail.com (gobrien) wrote: >Am trying to read Eudora emails via Yahoo and it keeps asking for the >"Mail Server" and no matter what I enter it fails. I can't find out >what it is from Eudora either. > >How do I find out? You cannot, in general, access any webmail service using your email client, unless that service provides you with a specific "POP" server that you can use with Eudora and other email clients. Most of these service do offer POP servers, but typically not for their free email accounts. As you can see from my posting addy, I use a free yahoo account, and have to access it using my browser, I can't use Eudora. If I went for one of their pay accounts, like the $4.95/month one [IIRC from when I signed up for the free one], it comes with the POP server option. There are third-party utilities you can use, freeware, shareware, etc., to bridge the gap and used Eudora for your Yahoo/Hotmail account, and I'm sure others will be along to suggest their favorite. I use Yahoo as a spam dump, and it doesn't bother me to go in there once every day or two via IE6 to dump all the trash that has accumulated. ;-> -- OJ III [Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before ...

Problem using the "nail" or the "mail" command to receive E-mail. HELP!!!
Using the "nail" or the "mail" command to send and receive E-mail. Examine this line: ls -a ~ | nail -a .mailrc -A autosend -s "Dis be a tess" dock@technologist.com I have been using this line at a command prompt to send an E-mail with the subject line "Dis be a tess" using my E-mail account back to my E- mail account. What this particular line does is: list the directory using the "ls" command. It then pipes the output from the "ls" command to a "nail" command. The parameters in the "nail" command a...

Problems with "&amp;" changing to "&"
A lot of Firefox users I know, says they have problems with validation where the ampersand sign has to be written as &amp; to be valid. I don't have Firefox my self and don't wont to install it only because of this, so I hope some of you gurus can enlighten me with this :) In what circumstances can the "&amp;" in the source code be involuntary changed to "&" by a browser when or other software, when editing and uploading the file to the web server? E.g. writing a string like "sc_project=402887&amp;java=0&amp;security" is cha...

Are there any "temp" or "trash" folders with deletable files ?
From Windows systems I know that there are a lot of temp, prefetch and trash folders where files are temporarily placed but which can be deleted without harm. Are there similar folders inside Suse Linux? I am short on disk space and would appreciate if I could delete some unnecessary files. Carsten On 2006-05-22, Carsten Eishold <bumpy@arcor.de> wrote: > Are there similar folders inside Suse Linux? most temporary files are removed automatically by the daemons or processes that created them when they are no longer needed, some files (like user's browser's cache and the li...

difference between "server" and "forwarders"
Hello, I didn't got the point from the docs. What's the difference between "server" and "forwarders" in bind 8 configuration file? The documentation gives: - forwarders: Specifies the IP addresses to be used for forwarding. The default is the empty list (no forwarding). - server: sets certain configuration options on a per-server basis As far as I understand I can define other DNS servers with "server" and also with "forwarders". In wich way should I define the providers DNS server for my local D...

Difference between "mail" and "sendmail"
What is the basic difference between "mail" ad "sendmail"? I tried both in the following ways mail [emailid] <filename1 sendmail -t -i <filename2 for mail, filename1 contains the body of the mail for sendmail,filename2 contains all the headers including to,from,subject,contenttype etc. When I was testing both the above to send mails to yahoo account, I could find that "mail" is able to send 30-40 mails per second, but for sendmail, it's taking 30-40 seconds for 1 email to be sent. When I did strace in both cases I found that after sending data to DNS...

Web resources about - "Empty trash when exiting" & "Leave mail on server+Delete from server when emptied from Trash" problem - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows