Can I get plain text?

I just switched to Eudora 6.1 from my beloved Eudora 3.0 and have
quickly gotten fed up reading people's really big fonts, really small
fonts, medium-sized but grotesquely ornate fonts, orange text, green
text, and similar annoyances.  I've searched through Eudora's options
and can't find anything corresponding to "strip out all this blasted
formatting and let me read plain text."  Is it possible to do such a
thing in Eudora 6.1?

Barring this, can anyone recommend a good mail reader for Windoze that
will let me view plain text?  I can't go back to Eudora 3 because of
SSL issues.

Thanks for any help.

--
Bet you didn't know today was such a long time coming

0
chawtrey

chawtrey@hotpop.com (Charles Hawtrey) wrote in news:40a58f9c.24558343
@news.individual.net:

> I just switched to Eudora 6.1 from my beloved Eudora 3.0 and have
> quickly gotten fed up reading people's really big fonts, really small
> fonts, medium-sized but grotesquely ornate fonts, orange text, green
> text, and similar annoyances.  I've searched through Eudora's options
> and can't find anything corresponding to "strip out all this blasted
> formatting and let me read plain text."  Is it possible to do such a
> thing in Eudora 6.1?
>
> Barring this, can anyone recommend a good mail reader for Windoze that
> will let me view plain text?  I can't go back to Eudora 3 because of
> SSL issues.
>
> Thanks for any help.

This has to do with using the IE viewer.  I am annoyed by it as well.
Several different ways to get a round it.

Turn off the IE viewer:
Tools|options|viewing mail  uncheck use MS viewer
(then close and reopen the message)

Make sure you have unchecked:
allow executables in html (same option)

I sometimes right-click and send to browser.  I use Mozilla Firefox, and
Ctrl-plus (either) and Ctrl-minus increase and decrease font size there.
That is much easier than clicking (in Eudora) the edit pencil hitting
Ctrl-A to select all, then choosing the font icon and then choosing a
size.

--
Best regards
Han

>This has to do with using the IE viewer.  I am annoyed by it as well.
>Several different ways to get a round it.
>
>Turn off the IE viewer:
>Tools|options|viewing mail  uncheck use MS viewer
>(then close and reopen the message)
>
>Make sure you have unchecked:
>allow executables in html (same option)

I did all that first thing when setting up Eudora 6.1, but the funky
fonts show up anyway.

>I sometimes right-click and send to browser.  I use Mozilla Firefox, and
>Ctrl-plus (either) and Ctrl-minus increase and decrease font size there.
>That is much easier than clicking (in Eudora) the edit pencil hitting
>Ctrl-A to select all, then choosing the font icon and then choosing a
>size.

Seems like a lot of bother to do this for every message.  Any way to
simply tell Eudora "I don't want to see anything but 10 pt Courier"?

--
Bet you didn't know today was such a long time coming

0
chawtrey
5/15/2004 4:36:21 PM
Hello Charles,

I also got very annoyed by that Eudora "feature."  Since you asked for
alternatives,  Pegasus Mail  is one of the few full-powered programs
that strips away all HTML formatting if you ask it to. Download it for
free at

http://www.pmail.com/

Ed.

On Sat, 15 May 2004 03:41:03 GMT, chawtrey@hotpop.com (Charles
Hawtrey) wrote:

>I just switched to Eudora 6.1 from my beloved Eudora 3.0 and have
>quickly gotten fed up reading people's really big fonts, really small
>fonts, medium-sized but grotesquely ornate fonts, orange text, green
>text, and similar annoyances.  I've searched through Eudora's options
>and can't find anything corresponding to "strip out all this blasted
>formatting and let me read plain text."  Is it possible to do such a
>thing in Eudora 6.1?
>
>Barring this, can anyone recommend a good mail reader for Windoze that
>will let me view plain text?  I can't go back to Eudora 3 because of
>SSL issues.
>
>Thanks for any help.

0
Edward
5/15/2004 5:21:33 PM
Hawtrey) wrote:

>I just switched to Eudora 6.1 from my beloved Eudora 3.0 and have
>quickly gotten fed up reading people's really big fonts, really small
>fonts, medium-sized but grotesquely ornate fonts, orange text, green
>text, and similar annoyances.

Precisely.

>I've searched through Eudora's options
>and can't find anything corresponding to "strip out all this blasted
>formatting and let me read plain text."  Is it possible to do such a
>thing in Eudora 6.1?

HTML Plugin , also known as "HTML Stripper"...

http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/plugins

>Barring this, can anyone recommend a good mail reader for Windoze that
>will let me view plain text?  I can't go back to Eudora 3 because of
>SSL issues.

I like Eudora 3 too. It's unfortunate the series has been
discontinued.

--
mailto:bujenovicAThotmail.com

http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/index

0
Brana
5/15/2004 6:53:07 PM
While contemplating the futility of mankind's place in an uncaring
universe, Brana Bujenovic <bujenovic@_hotmail.com> suppressed his
anomie to declaim:

>HTML Plugin , also known as "HTML Stripper"...
>
>http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/plugins

This is not exactly what I wanted, but close enough.  Thanks!

--
Bet you didn't know today was such a long time coming

0
chawtrey

How can I get Tab space betweem text on MS Excel report using Excel Easy Text.vi and Tab Constant?
I am using Excel Easy Text.vi from Report Generation palette (LabVIEW 7.1) to generate Excel report. &nbsp; I&nbsp;created&nbsp;a string (includes text and Tab Constants) and connected it to "text" input of Excel Easy Text.vi. The output on the Excel report is the text and a small&nbsp;square shaped drawing&nbsp;(space) not a tab. I tried \t got same result. &nbsp; How can I get Tab space betweem text on my Excel report sheet using Excel Easy Text.vi and Tab Constant? &nbsp; Thanks for your help. &nbsp; LVLV Hello, From what I can tell, you cannot i...

Mail.app can't get Comcast mail; Entourage can
I was trying to set up Mail.app to get my son's email from his Comcast POP3 account. As far as I could tell all the settings were correct, and Mail.app correctly saw that there were 9 messages in his inbox, however in the activity window, the progress bar seemed to indicate that the mail download had started, but it seemed to time out without downloading anything. In contrast, on the same computer, Entourage accessed his mail just fine. Can anyone explain this behavior? This is in MacOS X 10.2.8. Thanks, Dan -- Daniel E. Sabath University of Washington Department of Laboratory ...

Sent Plain Text messages are now being saved as Plain Text in Eudora 7
Sent Plain Text messages are now being saved as Plain Text in Eudora 7. I have been sending in this suggestion for quite some time now and it appears that when sending a plain text message in Eudora Version 7, they are now being saved as plain text in the Out Mailbox. The last time this worked was in the Eudora 3.x Versions. With Eudora Versions 4, 5, and 6, the last time I remember checking was 6.1x, the saved messages in the Out Mailbox still contained HTML formatted text even though the messages were sent as plain text. If you were ever using or testing multiple versions of...

How can I get a plain text directory with wget?
Hi All, Not having much luck with the man page. I use the following piece of code in a bash script to give me a directory listing: wget --quiet http://$FtpSite$FtpDir -O - > $Tmp 2>&1 The value pumped into $Tmp in a bunch of HTML code. It is annoying to have to sift through it. Is there a way to get the directory listing in plain text without all the HTML garble-de-gook? I would like some thing like I would see with "ls". Many thanks, -T On Sun, 5 Feb 2012, Todd wrote: > Hi All, > > Not having much luck with the man page. > > I use the following ...

how can i get the windows default mail application
As title,my programme need to open the windows default mail (either outlook express or offic outlook,in genneral).How can i get the windows setting about the default mail ? ...

Setting Eudora6 Windows to read mail in plain text
I am trying to find out how to set Eudora6 for Windows to read mail in PLAIN TEXT rather than HTML. Can somebody let me know how to do that? Thank you. On 22 Nov 2005 14:16:35 -0800, consultingguru@gmail.com wrote: >I am trying to find out how to set Eudora6 for Windows to read mail in >PLAIN TEXT rather than HTML. > >Can somebody let me know how to do that? > >Thank you. There's no Eudora setting for that, but you can do it with Brana's: HTML Handler for Eudora You can find it here: http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/plugins.htm -- Ajo W...

Can't set Eudora as default mail program in Windows XP
I'm using Eudora 6 and Windows XP. I've done all the regular stuff to make Eudora the default mailer in Windows XP (gone into Control Panel, clicked on Internet Options, clicked on Programs, selected Eudora from the list). Also did all the Eudora stuff, like when it comes up after a new install and the panel says "Select Eudora as default mailer?" I've clicked all the right places. A kind person suggested the following: In Eudora, go to Tools | Options | Extra Warnings, and under Warn me when I: Start Eudora and it's not the default mailer and check that item. Close Eudora. Open it again. If it warns you that it is not the default mailer, follow whatever bouncing ball shows up Did that. Nada Investigating further, it appears that Eudora is not correctly entered into the Windows Registry, probably because of a crash and complete reinstall I did sometime back. Any ideas? I'm utterly ignorant of the Windows registry, but I'm willing to use the registry editor to correct it, if someone will tell me the correct things to write. Thanks. ___________________________________________________ Camilla Cracchiolo Registered Nurse Los Angeles, California camilla4@mindspring.com webpage temporarily down Camilla Cracchiolo wrote: > I'm using Eudora 6 and Windows XP. > > I've done all the regular stuff to make Eudora the ...

[News] MS Visual Studio Has New Exploit Which Can Get Windows Hijacked
Attack code out for Visual Studio flaw ,----[ Quote ] | The flaw lies in an ActiveX control in Visual Studio 2005, the | software maker said in a security advisory sent out late Tuesday. | "An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could | take complete control of the affected system," the softwar | maker warned. `---- http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6131545.html Insecure by design. That, I might add, is the product which is available for developers to build secure applications. Doctor, heal thyself. More SPAM and more DDOS attacks are the outcome (active botne...

using Eudora w/ the windows XP IME for japanese text
i've experimented abit with trying to use eudora w/ the japanese IME and have had nothing but problems. anyone know if there's a way to get it to work? short of writing the messages in another program, and attaching them as files. which is just sad. -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ ...

how can I get plain text assigned through innerHTML to work as real Javascript? Should I use eval()?
I'm helping to build a site where people recovering from addiction are suppose to able to share their stories with each other, and encourage each other toward greater sobriety. One idea that the client had was a "Sharing Wall" where the posts fade in and fade out and are constantly replaced. This was suppose to be achieved through Ajax. If people don't have Javascript on, then they simply read the first 6 posts which appear on the front of the site. But if Javascript is on, then every 20 seconds each of 6 posts gets updated. You can get a sense of the front page here: http...

WINDOW.DEF
It's about WINDOW.DEF which is included in J&P TS M2 v.1.12 (* Copyright (C) 1987 Jensen & Partners International *) How can I get colored window? I tried two ways: 1.Using "DirectWrite" procedure: TextBackground(LightBlue); TextColor(LightBlue); DirectWrite(0,0,ADR(stupid),Width*bcsH); 2.Using procedure "Use" combined with IO.WrStr: Use(bcs[i]); TextBackground(LightBlue); TextColor(LightBlue); FOR j:=0 TO Width-1 DO FOR k:=0 TO bcsH-1 DO WrStr('a') END END; nothing ...

How can i get get the process list (Windows)
Hello, i found the "Get Task List.vi" but this only shows me the applications. Is there something similar which shows me also the processes? (What i&nbsp; want to do is killing a process. I�m using the function "EndTask" from user32.dll which works fine for killing opened applications. The current problem is to get the handle of a process.) Thx Message Edited by NewOne on 09-15-2005 08:14 AMMessage Edited by NewOne on 09-15-2005 08:14 AM Maybe you could use an API or dll from this program. <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/whatsnew.m...

show windows get window text? Help
Hey all I read a tut.. on Get windows and show windows in notepad and how to send messages on it I am weary on it can any of you help me understand it better some how in just confused about it -- Frank R. Jr. ...

When receiving mail in Eudora, always get error msg that a .jpg file can't be found
A friend of mine has this problem. He has Eudora, but doesn't know much about posting to newsgroups, etc., so I am posting to see if I can help him with this. I had the similar problem when sending messages, and ended up going in and deleting all unsent messages in my outbox, and the problem went away. His problem is with receiving messages. He has 3 email accounts - one on earthlink, one on yahoo, and one pop account on webtv. He gets this message to the effect that it can't find a certain .jpg file (it names the file something like "wayne at 168.jpg" I am guess...

Can Not Get Ruby to Run in Windows CMD Window
Hi All, As the subject says.."Can Not Get Ruby to Run in Windows CMD Window" I have Ruby installed: C:\Ruby I was reading the Programming Ruby - The Pragmatic Programmers' Guide. It says to bring up the Shell Prompt and type Ruby, then puts "Hello World" When I type Ruby <enter> puts "Hello World" nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Thank you. Brad On Feb 3, 9:21 am, "Brad" <bradask...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > As the subject says.."Can Not Get Ruby to Run in Windows CMD Window" > > I have Ruby...

Getting Eudora Mail to Apple Mail from A Different Computer
i have tons of email in my Eudora program on my old iMac which i need to transfer somehow into my Apple email program on my Powerbook. can someone PLEASE tell me how best to do this? i created a network between the Powerbook and the iMac but when i opened the Eudora program on the iMac, there were no messages in it. however, as soon as i disconnected the network, i was able to see all the mail in the iMac Eudora program. i have no idea why. perhaps someone would be kind enough to explain and also how to transfer all this stuff. thanx. Hi, > i have tons of email in my E...

how can i get the pixel from the picture and get word from it in to text box?
please say me how can i get the pixel from any area of screen and make it convert in to tezt or character and make text in the text box?? please say thanks in advance It sounds like you are looking for 'Optical Character Recognition' capability. I have seen high-end document databases that allow you to perform a "Zone OCR" task on some area of an imaged document and drop the extracted text directly into a database field of your choice. This is a data-entry time saving tool. Googling for no cost OCR programs should get some freeware to play with that you may be a...

How can you get a form to display text from an external text document?
How can you get all the text from a text document (like notepad) and put it into a label? Also is it possible to change the text in the text document? Thank you. Hi James, You need to read the text file line by line, concatenate the lines together and then assign it to the caption of the label. Check out the Line Input # statement in Help. HTH Martin "James" <jas4@thanet.ac.uk> wrote in message news:1102928059.579651.251840@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > How can you get all the text from a text document (like notepad) and > put it into a label? Also is it possib...

Unable of attaching files to plain text mails in Yahoo! Mail
It looks like Photomail has been activated (don't remember how) on my account, which makes that I can no longer attach a file to a mail in Plain Text mode: in this mode, if I click on attach, I get a message which says that I have to activate a mode which puts HTML in outgoing mail (which I prefer to avoid); also, in this mode, I don't get the standard Select File window of Internet explorer, but another window, which seems to be yahoo!mail-specific (if i remember well, you have to install a plugin to have this window). I saw another y!mail account which can still attach files to mail ...

PHP - using mail() and unicode text
I have the following problem. On a website there's a (simple) feedback form. This is used also by Polish visitors who (of course) type Polish text using special characters. However, when I receive the text in my mailbox, all special characters have been turned into mess...... For example: "wsp�lprace" is turned into "współprace". It seems PHP is handling the Unicode-8 strings quite well (when I 'echo' the strings on the site, I see the text correctly), until the point that it is send by using mail(). Is this a server configuration issue? Or something el...

How can I get the Windows Classic Look and Feel on a Windows 7 plateform
How can I get the Windows Classic Look and Feel on a Windows 7 plateform? Is it also possible to use Look and Feel to make a Windows XP application look like a Windows 7 application and vice versa? http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/lookandfeel/plaf.html In summary, when you use the SystemLookAndFeel, this is what you will see: Platform Look and Feel Solaris, Linux with GTK+ 2.2 or later GTK+ Other Solaris, Linux Motif IBM UNIX IBM* HP UX ...

MS-Windows mail servers and PHP's mail() function
I have a contact form that uses PHP's mail() function. It recently came to my attention that (some?) MS-Windows mail servers may not properly process data given to the mail() function that's only newline-terminated. The mail() function takes up to five parameters: mail(recipient, subject, message, [headers [,parameters]]) The ones of interest here are the first four. The questions are these: 1. Since recipient and subject are not multi-line, and, from the web form, don't even contain newlines, is it safe to assume they need neither newlines nor carriage-...

Eudora 7. I can send mail but can't receive it!
I recently reinstalled my OS (win 98SE) and downloaded and installed Eudora 7 (sponsored). During the installation I don't remember being asked for a password for email at Eudora, and I suspect that is the problem. The reinstallation of the OS wiped the drive clean. I originated a letter in Eudora, and when I clicked SEND, a pop-up asked for my password at cox.net. I entered the password and the mail was sent okay, But when I click " check mail" I don't get a request for a password, and the machine just sits there without downloading my mail. What am I doing...

netscape mail client can't get mail from server
I've got a new Slackware 9.0 server running sendmail. If I telnet into this server and run a mail client I can send and receive mail from the box, and send to and receive from the outside world. But if I go to another machine (like mine), in the domain, that can ping the server and be pinged by it, and start a mail client (in this case netscape-4.8's) and point it to the server and then tell it to "get messages" it won't. It tells me: An error occured with the pop3 mail server. You should contact the administrator for this server or try again later. I've been pulli...

Web resources about - Can I get plain text? - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Plain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In geography , a plain is a flat area. Plains occur as lowlands and at the bottoms of valleys but also on plateaus or uplands at high elevations ...

Vermillion Plain Talk
Per capita, the city of Vermillion, S.D., is more richly saturated by individuals of extraordinary musical talent than seems plausible.

Fatal stabbing at Gilles Plains - AdelaideNow Search Search
... at a home in Adelaide’s northeast, sparking a major police manhunt for the killer. Police and ambulances were called to Gay Ave, Gilles Plains, ...

On the road: Nullarbor Plain
Melbourne scientists explore the Nullarbor Plain caves. (Vision credit: Professor Jon Woodhead, Melbourne University)

Scientists just discovered 883 galaxies that have been hiding in plain sight
VIDEO: The new galaxies were blocked from view due to stars and dust.

Not anti-vaxxer, just plain ignorant
PARENTS of teenagers do not&nbsp;rate immunisation as a top&nbsp;concern for their child’s health&nbsp;despite vaccines for five&nbsp;deadly ...

Nullarbor Plain was wet and forested 3 to 5 million years ago, research reveals
The Nullarbor was once cloaked in gums and banksias and enjoyed a rainfall much higher than today. Not for nothing does Nullarbor Plain mean ...

On the road: Nullarbor Plain
Melbourne scientists explore the Nullarbor Plain caves. (Vision credit: Professor Jon Woodhead, Melbourne University)

Man killed by falling tree in Emu Plains
A man is dead and a woman in a critical condition after a falling tree crushed a car in Emu Plains in Sydney's west during Thursday afternoon's ...

The man who fixed the 'plain illegal' Sydney Opera House
Peter Hall - the Australian architect who completed the Opera House - died destitute and alcoholic after fixing the 'plain illegal' building. ...