different personalities - different passwords

Hello c.m.e.m-s,

i'm using version 6.0.1.1 in the sponsored mode.

I have several personalities (not schizophrenic, i mean different
e-Mail accounts ;-)), all with different passwords.

Is there a possibility to feed Eudora with them?
With tools/options/checking mail/save password Eudora just seems to
save the DOMINANT-password.

Thank you very much for any help.

Heiko
0
Heiko

In article <r4ql0015nnkohl7balvp4mj4a3t3ba9r9l@4ax.com>, hfriedri@web.de
says...
> Hello c.m.e.m-s,
>
> i'm using version 6.0.1.1 in the sponsored mode.
>
> I have several personalities (not schizophrenic, i mean different
> e-Mail accounts ;-)), all with different passwords.
>
> Is there a possibility to feed Eudora with them?
> With tools/options/checking mail/save password Eudora just seems to
> save the DOMINANT-password.
>
> Thank you very much for any help.
>
> Heiko

I have multiple accounts also and am having no problem with it
remembering the passwords. It should ask you for each password the first
time and remember them there after.
There is the ability to look at the setup for each persona by going into
persona and right clicking on a persona and selecting properties.
0
Chuck
1/18/2004 9:33:31 PM
Heiko Friedrich <hfriedri@web.de> wrote:
> Is there a possibility to feed Eudora with them?

Yes.

> With tools/options/checking mail/save password Eudora just seems to
> save the DOMINANT-password.

That's supposed to be a universal setting, but it doesn't always get
applied to the other personalities.The sure-fire way to fix it is to close
Eudora and edit eudora.ini. You want to put the setting "SavePassword=1"
in the sections for each of the personalities.

--
Katrina

0
Katrina
1/20/2004 1:55:09 AM
Hello,

that' right,
everything works fine now.

Thank you,

Heiko

Katrina Knight <kknight@epix.net> schrieb:

>Heiko Friedrich <hfriedri@web.de> wrote:
>> Is there a possibility to feed Eudora with them?
>
>Yes.
>
>> With tools/options/checking mail/save password Eudora just seems to
>> save the DOMINANT-password.
>
>That's supposed to be a universal setting, but it doesn't always get
>applied to the other personalities.The sure-fire way to fix it is to close
>Eudora and edit eudora.ini. You want to put the setting "SavePassword=1"
>in the sections for each of the personalities.

0
Heiko

MS-Windows mail servers and PHP's mail() function
I have a contact form that uses PHP's mail() function. It recently came to my attention that (some?) MS-Windows mail servers may not properly process data given to the mail() function that's only newline-terminated. The mail() function takes up to five parameters: mail(recipient, subject, message, [headers [,parameters]]) The ones of interest here are the first four. The questions are these: 1. Since recipient and subject are not multi-line, and, from the web form, don't even contain newlines, is it safe to assume they need neither newlines nor carriage-...

Import mail archives from Eudora 6 for Windows to Eudora 6 for Mac
Good morning/evening everyone ! I am a french user of Eudora, and I encounter this problem : I precedently used Eudora on a Windows plateform ; and now I have bought a Macintosh (^-^) and I would want to recover my mail archives on the Macintosh. Is there a way to import these archives from the Eudora version which is installed on Windows, to the Mac Version ? Thank you for your help (and sorry, really, for my very bad english :/ ) Nakaori In <BBDC2EFB.936F%mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> Mad Youri <mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> wrote: > Good morning/evening ev...

Euroda 6.2.5.6 how to get back personality window inside Eudora window?
Hi, I am using paid version auf Eudora Win. After installing having had all personalities in a scrollable small window left border of the "big" Eudora windows. Now something happened (seems I have hit any key in any situation) and this personality window has gone. Four of my mailboxes I told Eudora to cascade, and left there was a vertikal line to the personalits window. Have not found anything described to understand how i can get back this useful window, cause I have different provider and always clicked right on one of the personalities to check mail. Where...

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include t...

Eudora Checking Mail on Unchecked Personalities
Eudora (7.1.0.9 but also 6.2.5.6, paid mode) has recently started - randomly - to check email on personalities for which the Check Mail box is unchecked. It doesn't do it consistently, only sometimes. Any ideas? Thanks, Don Estes On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 08:24:49 -0600, Don Estes wrote: > Eudora (7.1.0.9 but also 6.2.5.6, paid mode) has recently started - > randomly - to check email on personalities for which the Check Mail > box is unchecked. It doesn't do it consistently, only sometimes. > Any ideas? What suggests to you that this actually happens? Wh...

from Eudora for Mac to MS Outlook for windows
Any experts who could help me? I used Eudora 6.0 on my Mac and have been forced to use a PC running Microsoft Outlook for Windows XP at grad school. I was able to move my mail halfway, by installing Eudora 6.0 for WindowsXP and transferring my mailboxes by memory key, then adding a ".mbx" suffix. But 2 problems: 1 - Outlook won't import from Eudora 6.0. It demands Eudora 4.x or lower. WHERE CAN I FIND EUDORA 4.X OR LOWER? 2 - I can't figure out how to get my email address book into either the Eudora for Windows on my PC or even better into Outlook. All help de...

Sending Mail from Eudora Through Windows Live
My ISP recently switched over to using Windows Live to handle their email, meaning that I had to change my email settings for both incoming and outgoing mail in Eudora. (I use Eudora Light 6.2.3.4, just to clarify.) After a bit of fiddling, the incoming settings are working properly, but the outgoing settings are not. :/ Here is what they told me to use: Outgoing SMTP Server: smtp.live.com Outgoing SMTP Mail Port: 587 Authentication Required: Yes (Your Windows Live ID and password) TLS/SSL Required: Yes (Select TLS if available, if not select SSL) Under Sending Mail, I'v...

Window eudora to Mac eudora
Hi All, I am going to buy a mac Ibook, but currently i am using window, and use the eudora to get email, is it any way to transfer or convert those email to Mac? Thanks in advance, <saipak@alumni.polyu.edu.hk> wrote: > I am going to buy a mac Ibook, but currently i am using window, and use the > eudora to get email, is it any way to transfer or convert those email to > Mac? There are ways to do this quite easily. Others, who have done it, will surely reply here in detail, but in the mean time look at <www.emailman.com/conversion> and see if what you nee...

How to transfer mail from Eudora to Eudora?
I need to transfer Eudors mail from one computer to another. Sometimes from my Powerbook 3400c/8.6/Eudora light to my PM 7200/8.6/Eudora Light, sometimes between Mac computers when I am upgrading to a 'new' computer. Is there an easy way way to transfer individual e-mails or the complete file between computers, preferably using zip disks? -- Free men own guns, slaves don't www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/ In article <nhull-D259DD.06454907112005@news1.east.earthlink.net>, Nick Hull <nhull@access4less.net> wrote: > I need to transfer Eudors ma...

Windows Eudora to Mac Eudora
Trying to get all my Windows Eudora v7.1 email folders/mailboxes converted to Mac Eudora 6.2 but the instructions on Qualcomm's site are incomplete. Does anyone have a step-by-step solution that they know works? Also - in the Windows version, the mailbox/folder list docks on the left side of the screen (above where Eudora used to have ads. Is there any way in the Mac version to control window placement and docking? One last question - Is this the only place to get active Eudora discussion/user support, or are there other forums for Mac users that are still active? Thanks...

"Phone home" mail script for MS-Windows
Greetings. I've got a laptop computer which I'm trying to secure against theft. I've already got insurance and a security cable, but as a last resort I'd like to set it up to "phone home" by trying to send me an e-mail whenever it's activated. The system is dual-boot Windows XP and GNU/Linux. I use the latter almost exclusively, and writing my own "phone home" program is a trivial one-line shell script (see below). However, I expect most thieves will opt to boot into Windows XP. Is there any comparable batch file or free software I can use to have ...

Eudora 6.2.3.4 Check Mail Window
Hi! Is there a way for the check mail window to appear automatically once Eudora comes up, or does one always have to click the check mail icon? Cheers, Vincent On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 21:41:27 GMT, Vincent <vze4dppm@verizon.net> wrote: >Is there a way for the check mail window to appear automatically once >Eudora comes up, or does one always have to click the check mail icon? Enter a positive value in Tools > Options > Checking Mail > Check for mail every [ n ] minutes -- Ajo Wissink ...

Change mail box location version 4.21c Ms Windows
Hello, May be a classical question after change the computer : I had try to change the mailbox location (Option / general / Mailbox location) without effect. I control in Help / About Pegasus Mail / Info What is the efficient way to do this change on 4.21c ? Thanks ..... Philippe ....to answer suppress a e in freee.fr Philippe Marsault <philippe.marsault@freee.fr> wrote: > May be a classical question after change the computer : > > I had try to change the mailbox location (Option / general / > Mailbox location) without effect. I control in Help ...

Transfering my old Eudora e-mail (on XP) to Windows 7 computer
I have replaced my Windows XP computer with a computer running Windows 7. On my XP computer the Eudora Program was loaded onto the programs area and the data (mbx. toc, etc) were in Application Data area. The file system in Windows 7, is somewhat different. I loaded the program on the program area. I then loaded data on the users area/application data. Apparently, the program is not recognizing the material in the users area/application data. How can I get the Eudora 7.1.9 which installed perfectly, to access the data. Should I place the program and the data in the same Eudo...

Can't set Eudora as default mail program in Windows XP
I'm using Eudora 6 and Windows XP. I've done all the regular stuff to make Eudora the default mailer in Windows XP (gone into Control Panel, clicked on Internet Options, clicked on Programs, selected Eudora from the list). Also did all the Eudora stuff, like when it comes up after a new install and the panel says "Select Eudora as default mailer?" I've clicked all the right places. A kind person suggested the following: In Eudora, go to Tools | Options | Extra Warnings, and under Warn me when I: Start Eudora and it's not the default mailer and che...

Eudora won't check mail for all personalities in one go anymore
Hi Folks I have used Eudora in sponsored mode for many years now and as a result of recent changes in performance (and the fact that tech support is no longer available to sponsored mode users!) I have three questions for you. First, recently when I check for new mail, which means checking four different servers/personalities/ISP's/addresses (or however else you wish to describe them!), it will check, variably, one, two or three without problem but leave one, two or three checking without result until, eventually, it displays an error message saying "Error reading from net...

topmost window like in MS Windows
Hi, how can I make a PerlTk Window the topmost window, so that it is over all other windows on screen? MS-Windows toplevel windows have therefor the attribut topmost. Thanks, --- Ralf Peine, Siemens AG > how can I make a PerlTk Window the topmost window, so that it is over > all other windows on screen? MS-Windows toplevel windows have therefor > the attribut topmost. use Tk::StayOnTop; -- R. GPLRank +79.699 "Richard S Beckett" <spikeywan@bigfoot.com.delete.this.bit> writes: > > how can I make a PerlTk Window the topmost windo...

Importing Eudora mail into Apple Mail
Having used Eudora for too many years, I now have a real mess in the references to attachments. Many of the attachments are no longer accessible from the messages that they arrived in, even though they are still in the attachments folder. The main issue here is that I have moved Eudora to a new machine every few years, and the startup disk has typically had a new name. This in itself is not a big problem, and Eudora still seems able to find the files. (But it does leave the reference in the mailbox with the old disk's name.) However, the other part of the reference is the...

Eudora for Windows mailboxes to Eudora for Mac
My searching has found numerous who have experienced my problem, but never a conclusion on how they fixed it. I've been using Eudora on Windows for many, many years... have several GB of email... and now I want to switch my environment over to Mac OS X... but my mail has to switch. Either Eudora for Mac or Apple Mail... but neither seems to import Eudora for Windows mail! Argh! Anyway, I've tried numerous things... including, of course, following the directions provided by Eudora, the directions found on MacNN, and directions found here. I've pulled over all the ...

Maximize XEmacs window in MS Windows
Is there a LISP function to maximize the XEmacs window under MS Windows? I've set the proper parameter on the icon but it doesn't work. I have to click the maximize button by hand every time I start the app. Thanks. Aaron Young <aaron@cometsite.com> writes: >Is there a LISP function to maximize the XEmacs window under MS >Windows? Or under X for that matter... I run XEmacs as the only application on my X server and would like to make it fill the whole screen without manually finding a -geometry parameter. -- Ed Avis <ed@membled.com> Aaron Young...

MS Windows & maximized windows
Hi, after using XEmacs for years with Linux I am now using it natively under Windows XP. I have a small problem and namely every time I switch buffer or I use the minibuffer (e.g., for a search) the XEmacs windows loses its maxized status. Any suggestion? Many thanks, Matteo Matteo Corti <matteo.corti@gmail.com> writes: > after using XEmacs for years with Linux I am now using it natively under > Windows XP. I have a small problem and namely every time I switch buffer or > I use the minibuffer (e.g., for a search) the XEmacs windows loses its > maxized stat...

finding out what window is focussed in MS windows
I would like to be able to obtain the handle of the window with input focus under MS Windows. TWAPI provides the function get_focus_window_for_thread, which looks sort of like what I want, except that it requires a thread ID as argument. This poses two problems. First, I don't have a way, I don't think, of obtaining a suitable thread ID. Second, it suggests that in MS Windows input focus is thread-specific. Is that right? If multiple threads are running on the same display are there therefore multiple windows with input focus? I know very little about MS Windows but I didn't reali...

Eudora Mac vs Eudora Windows
My husband uses Eudora 5 (sponsored) on his Mac (OS9) and Outlook on his Windows XP machine at work. He wants me to install Eudora at work because he hates Outlook. Most of his contacts are the same at home and office, so can I just drop a copy of his Eudora Address Book file into his Windows machine or is the Windows version a different type of file? If this can be done, where on the PC should I look for the Address Book to replace with the Mac file? nosredna <nosredna@suscom.net> wrote: > My husband uses Eudora 5 (sponsored) on his Mac (OS9) and Outlook on his >...

Avoid closing of window under MS-Windows
Hello all, This is a simple question for experts, but hard for me: Under MS-Windows and ActiveState Tcl 8.4.11.1 and Tk, I want to make sure a top level window does not get closed by hitting the X button in the top right corner of the window frame. I tried the following: bind . <Destroy> someproc someproc then should open a window, asking if the user wants to save his data before closing the program. But it does not work like that. The window just gets closed. Any ideas? Thank you in advance! Christof schrieb: > Hello all, > > This is a simple question for experts, bu...

Web resources about - different personalities - different passwords - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Split Personalities (album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

50 Media Personalities To Follow On Facebook
The timing is uncanny, isn’t it? Shortly after the Twittersphere was aflame with a list of top 100 social media experts to follow on that social ...

The 9 personalities test: discover your enneatype on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about The 9 personalities test: discover your enneatype. Download The ...

Delegate Bob Marshall: I run on policies, not personalities! - YouTube
The John Fredericks Show is Common Sense for the Commonwealth and a Voice for Virginia. The morning show is focused on issues that impact the ...

Argentina helicopter crash kills three French sports personalities, TV production crew
French Olympians, swimmer Camille Muffat and boxer Alexis Vastine and famous French sailor, Florence Arthaud have died in a helicopter crash ...

WA personalities reveal how they got into Perth’s real estate market
... the captain of a winning netball team or even the WA Treasurer — buying your first home is tough. The Sunday Times interviewed five WA personalities ...

Mark Thompson among AFL personalities to voice support for Mitch Clark
Essendon coach Mark Thompson has thrown his support behind retiring Demon Mitch Clark, and emphasised the need for AFL players to receive more ...

Not just fearsome predators: sharks have personalities too, study finds
Shyness and sociability are characteristics generally associated with people, but a new study from Britain has found sharks also possess these ...

Argentina helicopter crash kills three French sports personalities, TV production crew
French Olympians, swimmer Camille Muffat and boxer Alexis Vastine and famous French sailor, Florence Arthaud have died in a helicopter crash ...

CBC.ca - Program Guide - Personalities
Sid Bobb is the host of Kids' Canada, an engaging on-air and online preschool environment on Kids' CBC. Whether he's repelling down a waterfall ...