Email addresses want to delete from the Address Line

Like everyone here, I'm an old Eudora fan, but this small problem has
bugged me for some time; it's time I found out why this problem
occurs.

I'll be adding several names to a post and as I'm entering the email
address to the TO: line, I might realize someones name is incorrect or
not a name I intended to include in my message.
I highlight (select) the name and press Delete; the reply from Eudora
is - "Do you want to remove this name from your Eudora address book?"

I've ignored this for years and simply restart what I was doing to
correct the issue.  All's well...

Until today when I did DELETE the entry and now I can't find that
address.  What causes Eudora (or is it me?) to do this?  Why does it
attempt to delete from the Address Book when I only want to remove the
selected name from my TO: line?

I want some help, guys and gals...please.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to everyone...

Jpark
comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows 10575 articles. 4 followers. bob234 (1) is leader. Post Follow

On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 15:17:09 -0600, jpark wrote:

> I'll be adding several names to a post and as I'm entering the email
> address to the TO: line, I might realize someones name is incorrect or
> not a name I intended to include in my message.
> I highlight (select) the name and press Delete; the reply from Eudora
> is - "Do you want to remove this name from your Eudora address book?"

The "Delete" key is the normal way to _remove_ "autocomplete" entries
 from whatever source they came from (e.g. either History or Address Book).

Use the _Backspace_ key when you do not also intend to delete the entry
 from the source it came from.

John