Email addresses want to delete from the Address Line

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Like everyone here, I'm an old Eudora fan, but this small problem has
bugged me for some time; it's time I found out why this problem
occurs.

I'll be adding several names to a post and as I'm entering the email
address to the TO: line, I might realize someones name is incorrect or
not a name I intended to include in my message.
I highlight (select) the name and press Delete; the reply from Eudora
is - "Do you want to remove this name from your Eudora address book?"

I've ignored this for years and simply restart what I was doing to
correct the issue.  All's well...

Until today when I did DELETE the entry and now I can't find that
address.  What causes Eudora (or is it me?) to do this?  Why does it
attempt to delete from the Address Book when I only want to remove the
selected name from my TO: line?

I want some help, guys and gals...please.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to everyone...

Jpark
0
Reply jparkhill555 (1) 12/4/2009 9:17:09 PM

See related articles to this posting

On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 15:17:09 -0600, jpark wrote:

> I'll be adding several names to a post and as I'm entering the email
> address to the TO: line, I might realize someones name is incorrect or
> not a name I intended to include in my message.
> I highlight (select) the name and press Delete; the reply from Eudora
> is - "Do you want to remove this name from your Eudora address book?"

The "Delete" key is the normal way to _remove_ "autocomplete" entries
 from whatever source they came from (e.g. either History or Address Book).

Use the _Backspace_ key when you do not also intend to delete the entry
 from the source it came from.

Reply John 12/4/2009 11:48:43 PM
comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows 10382 articles. 5 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Email address containing other email addresses.....?
Hi all, I want to setup an email address called "The Gang", which contains the email addresses of many friends, only I don't want the recipients to see the addresses of the other members contained within. I'm using Squirrelmail, and this isn't an obvious option (at least to me). Can someone offer some pointers? Thanks. Jeff wrote: > Can someone offer some pointers? .... put the list in the "BCC" field .. -- << http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com/ >> It's a poor workman who blames his tools. On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 20:13:03 -0500, Jeff ...

Address of address
If I have an array of int: int array[8]; I suppose the correct way to clear it using memset() would be: memset(array, 0, 8 * sizeof(int)); However, I've seen the following in a piece of code: memset(&array, 0, 8 * sizeof(int)); What does (or shall) the compiler do in this case? Is the behaviour defined? /Krister krister@kalleanka.se said: > If I have an array of int: > > int array[8]; > > I suppose the correct way to clear it using memset() would be: > memset(array, 0, 8 * sizeof(int)); You can initialise it like this: int array[8] = {0}; If you need to ...

ip address from email address
Anyone know of a way to get the ip address from just someone's email address in a PERL script? I searched CPAN and didn't find anything usefull, maybe someone else's eyes could help. I know there has to be something out there becuase all you have to do is look in the headers in a message from the email address and you can get the ip address. My overall idea is to just check some validy of an application (refering to a previous post about getting the domain from the site url to match to thier email address domain.) My idea was this ... In the application they provide...

Block messages from one email address to another email address
Is it possible with sendmail to block a specific user from sending email to another user? Eg: Block user@gribbles.com.au sending to user@example.com, but allow user@gribbles.com.au to send to any other email address and allow anyone else at gribbles.com.au to send to user@example.com Thanks In article <b829c7e3.0307201724.466ec8ad@posting.google.com>, Adam Fox <adam.fox@gribbles.com.au> wrote: >Is it possible with sendmail to block a specific user from sending >email to another user? > >Eg: Block user@gribbles.com.au sending to user@example.com, but allow >user@gr...

Email addressing using contacts : how to know which email address is used
All, wen you create contacts and use them in your memo for addressing, unfortunately, it only shows the contact name in the 'To' field. The problem is that you could have left empty the 'email' field in the contact sheet, or you may have selected the wrong contact. So it would be useful to be able to see the email address (retrieved from the contact book) which is truely used, instead of the contact name. Any idea on how to do this? Thanks ...

yahoo email address yahoo free email address find a yah
Our agents are experienced at revealing the truth. Everyday we conduct background checks for attorneys, employers, home-buyers, and private individuals.Find local address at smartpages.com Find local business listings at adfunk the online yellow pages directory of ad Communications. adfunk also offers city guides, shopping guides, white pages and much more. http://www.geocities.com/abasa013/Addresses3.htm http://www.geocities.com/abasa013/Addresses4.htm yahoo email address 763 yahoo free email address 594 find a yahoo email address 534 yahoo email address search 350 addr...

Eudora address book
Hello, I have Eudora 6.0 and what I am trying to describe is the fact that in the To: area of a new message I get a drop down box that lists more addresses than I actually have in my address book. I am trying to delete some of these but they are not found in my address so I am at a loss as to where they could be. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks! "spiralingcrazies" <jjbraunius@yahoo.com> wrote... > Hello, > I have Eudora 6.0 and what I am trying to describe is the fact that in > the To: > area of a new message I get a drop down box that l...

How can I send email addresses from my address book to another Eudora email user
My brother and I use Eudora. I want him to send me some of his contacts from his address book to me. Without cutting and pasting specific data from inside an address entry, how do you do this? Tony Ziolkowski <aziolk@rogers.com> wrote: > My brother and I use Eudora. I want him to send me some of his contacts from > his address book to me. Without cutting and pasting specific data from > inside an address entry, how do you do this? Have him copy the nicknames he wants to send you in a separate address book. He can then attach the address book's txt file to a m...

Multiple EMail Addresses in Address books
How does one put more than one EMail address into a single alias? Helpfile doesn't mention it. -- Jock. Jock wrote: > How does one put more than one EMail address into a single > alias? > > Helpfile doesn't mention it. > An alias is associated with only one email address. If it allowed more than one you would have to be prompted to select from a list every time just like Outlook does it :-( -- Martin My email address is ROT13 encoded to slow down spammers On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 22:22:38 GMT, Martin Ireland wrote: > Jock wrote: >>...

Copying addresses from emails to Address book
How do I get the address from an email message into my address book? The only help entry I could find said to drag and drop the email message into the address book. I must be dense, because so far, I can't find a way *to* drag and drop a message! Also, since I keep the preview panel as large as is practical, I wind up having to spend a bunch of time shrinking it and then enlarging it after trying things like this. Why isn't there just a simple menu selection or keystroke combo to add the address from the current message to an address book? There is for mail distribution...

Mailing Addresses: Multiple addresses/address history?
For better or worse, I have chosen to implement mailing addresses in a particular application as a separate table. One Person ==> Many Addresses. It is a database for managing school reunions and people really do have multiple (summer/winter, for instance) mailing addresses. I'd also like to keep track of people's defunct addresses. To that end, "tblAddress". But I'm not sure how to handle address statuses/status dates....and even whether I need some more address-specific fields besides AddressType. Right off the bat, I need to identify addresses as current or...

Updating (Deleting) Addresses in Address Book List
I'm using Eudora 8.0, and although it works well for me, I have a question about maintaining the Address Book. Specifically, how do I remove names from an Address Book list? I have tried to open the list with Properties, but nothing I try allows me to delete any entry in it. So far, I must create a new list item (from memory of what the original list had) and omit the entry I'm trying to delete. Is there any way to remove an item from an Address Book list? TIA Mike Copeland wrote: > I'm using Eudora 8.0, and although it works well for me, I have a ...

Adding a bunch of email addresses to address book
I have a file of email addresses that I would like to add to my Eudora address book. It is not of the types that Eudora lists for direct import. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get them into the address book - without retyping them? TIA Elliott Alterman wrote: > I have a file of email addresses that I would like to add to my Eudora > address book. It is not of the types that Eudora lists for direct import. > > Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get them into the address book - > without retyping them? > > TIA Copy and paste th...

copy email address from database to address book
I started using Notes just a few weeks ago and don't have much experience. Here is my problem: I have a customer database in Lotus Notes that contains, next to some other things, fields with the email address of that person. My goal is to create a mailing list for these people so I would like to copy email addresses from that database into an address book. What is the best way to do this? Thanks, TJ ...

Extracting email addresses from folder to address book?
I would like to be able to select a folder full of emails and extract all the "FROM" email addresses and put them into an address book group. Of course I don't want to do this tedious task manually. Can Pegasus or any email program do this automatically? Thanks and Happy Holidays, J In article <PZCdnb3Bw_U_cnmiRVn-ig@comcast.com>, junibug juni@hot5mail.comsays... > I would like to be able to select a folder full of emails and extract all > the "FROM" email addresses and put them into an address book group. Of > course I don't w...

procmail script that reads subject and body and sends a email to email address in the subject line
I need a procmail script that will read the subject line and body. It will pass the email address that is in the subject line and use that as the email address to send a email with a attachment. It should also read the body of the email and pass it to the script and use it as the body. What I'm trying to do is use my cell phone to send a email to my shell account. so all I have to do is put a email address in the subject line and put some info in the body and have it send a email with a attachment out. On comp.mail.mutt, in <1146514228.934087.62950@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.co...

same address in outlook from and to address
I have noticed that sometimes spam has the same from and to address showing in outlook. Does this always mean it is spam? I have been recieving some email that is of some interest but would like to know if it is spam before following it up. A simple explanation of how this comes about would be great. Dave On Sunday 15 May 2005 16:38 in comp.mail.sendmail, david@rothiedrum.co.uk (david@rothiedrum.co.uk) wrote: > I have noticed that sometimes spam has the same from and to address > showing in outlook. (snip) > A simple explanation of how this comes about would be great. > &...

Scan text to find email address or website address

Addressing TO multiple addresses
I have sent Emails with several addresses in the TO: box. I have separated each address with a comma. However, it ONLY sends to the first address. Any ideas? On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 09:18:03 -0500, "fkissam" <fkissam@bellsouth.net> wrote: >I have sent Emails with several addresses in the TO: box. I have separated >each address with a comma. However, it ONLY sends to the first address. > >Any ideas? Put one address in the To: box, the remainder ( separated by commas ) in the BCC: field If "several" = "many", then use _one...

change mac address get mac address spoofing mac address find computer by mac address
Mac Address Spoofing Report Victor J. Canny D. Abstract: Mac address can uniquely identifies each node of a network, ISPs and network administrators use mac address to manage their pc users. PC users may want to spoof mac address so that he need not to contact with ISP for a new network interface card (NIC); PC users may want to hide his mac address so that totally hide his information on the internet. Introduction Mac address, short for Media Access Control address, is a hardware address that uniquely identifies each node of a network. It means, in a local area network (LAN) or oth...

How to strip out sender address and originating IP address from received eMails
I would like to begin keeping a table of IP address info and sender names from eMail in my received folder. I use access 2.0 (16 bit) and Outlook Express. Know of any solutions already posted? ...

getting physical address from virtual address and accessing that physical address
Hello, I want to know how to reach the physical address in Linux from a virtual address given in hexadecimal 8 digits (like 0x00000010) (should I use virt_to_page?) and how to read the content of a byte in that physical address. regards, John qwejohn@hotmail.com (john) writes: > Hello, > I want to know how to reach the physical address > in Linux from a virtual address given in hexadecimal 8 > digits (like 0x00000010) (should I use virt_to_page?) > and how to read the content > of a byte in that physical address. If you have the virtual address...

Want to add my email address to DNS
Can't figure out how to ad my email address to DNS 7 Pro. Can anyone help? Thanks.......... Bobby Bobby, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Can't figure out how to ad my email address to DNS 7 Pro. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Keyboard in your e-mail address. Highlight your e-mail address and say, "Make that a shortcut." -- Martin Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc. The best microphones for Speech Reco...

Newbie. How to delete blank lines in an address
I'm generating letters, including name and address. I've used "=Format([First Name]&" "&[Surname])" to ensure Firstname & Surname flow well. But in the address I allow for Add1, Add2, Add3, Town, county & postcode - and I can't find a way to delete blank lines when I print, as ocasionally happens when an address is short. I'm sure I've missed something obvious. Can anyone help please? How are you setting up the report? Are you showing each of Add1, Add2 and Add3 as separate lines, or are you trying to concatenate them together, along wi...