Email addresses want to delete from the Address Line

Like everyone here, I'm an old Eudora fan, but this small problem has
bugged me for some time; it's time I found out why this problem
occurs.

I'll be adding several names to a post and as I'm entering the email
address to the TO: line, I might realize someones name is incorrect or
not a name I intended to include in my message.
I highlight (select) the name and press Delete; the reply from Eudora
is - "Do you want to remove this name from your Eudora address book?"

I've ignored this for years and simply restart what I was doing to
correct the issue.  All's well...

Until today when I did DELETE the entry and now I can't find that
address.  What causes Eudora (or is it me?) to do this?  Why does it
attempt to delete from the Address Book when I only want to remove the
selected name from my TO: line?

I want some help, guys and gals...please.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to everyone...

Jpark
comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows 10457 articles. 6 followers. bob234 (1) is leader. Post Follow

On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 15:17:09 -0600, jpark wrote:

> I'll be adding several names to a post and as I'm entering the email
> address to the TO: line, I might realize someones name is incorrect or
> not a name I intended to include in my message.
> I highlight (select) the name and press Delete; the reply from Eudora
> is - "Do you want to remove this name from your Eudora address book?"

The "Delete" key is the normal way to _remove_ "autocomplete" entries
 from whatever source they came from (e.g. either History or Address Book).

Use the _Backspace_ key when you do not also intend to delete the entry
 from the source it came from.

John

Multiple lines
I am trying to find a way to add a couple of parameters to the end of a function (across a couple of hundred source programs.) Unfortunately, to make things readable, some of the developers have put the existing parameters on separate lines and tabbed things over to line them up. Is it possible using SED? I've already written a couple of scripts to modify some of the source and would like to add this functionality to the same script file. e.g.: fn(arg1, arg2, arg3, arg4); and I need to insert a new parameter at the end of the list, so it becomes: fn(arg1, arg2, arg...

Feed Back Wanted: Game Library Beta Test!
Playful Minds San Jose, California. Playful Minds announces the closed beta of the richly featured Playful Minds Game Library (pmGL). We are looking for a few select developers who would like to speed up and simplify their game development. Developers will receive a free license for one commercial product upon completion of the beta program. In exchange, Playful Minds asks for input on our product road map, general testing, and feature enhancements. PMGL is a fully featured, commercial game library, providing much more than graphic controls. PMGL includes: Networking, Sound, E...

Emailing a list of users when a record is entered in the database.
Hi, I need to develop my database so when a record is entered through a browser, it will automatically email a list of interested parties. I am ok at designing the tables so the relevant personid's have the email address and their interested subjects. But can anybody help on how to email the parties when the data is passed. The only knowledge i have on this is the command "cat {filename} | mail {emailadd} -s {subject} Thanks in advance for any help I installed a great function called pgmail. Then I wrote a trigger that sends email when certain conditions are met. ...

people please heeelpppp meeeee.....pleaseee urgent help needed..any one willing to send me his/her email id so that i email him the fortran question.
it wont take more than 20 minutes to design the fortran program involving only logical variables and do loops .....and 1 pseudocode.. i have not much time left.....help meeeee....... On Apr 5, 7:42 am, fahad_...@yahoo.com wrote: > it wont take more than 20 minutes to design the fortran program > involving only logical variables and do loops .....and 1 pseudocode.. > i have not much time left.....help meeeee....... because you are caught in a spider web and see above you a man bearing a large rock? sir i just sent u my question .plzzzzz have a look at it.... epc8@juno.com sen...

Earn money with your email
EARN 5000 EURO WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS! READ THIS MESSAGE GOOD! "Some time ago, I was surfing and I came on a Message same like you are now reading, which told me that you can earn thousands of euros within a few weeks with an investment Of Only 6 euro! So I thought it was a scam or a bad joke, but Curious as I am,i read the whole massage. The only thing you have to do is send via Paypal 1 euro to each of The Six e-mail addresses later in this message. Then place your own E-mail address in last place in the mail message to your friends, Acquaintances and publish it in so many newsgroup...

Clear Case for HP-UX 11.0 wanted
Hello all, I do SCM on a contract basis and am a newbie to Clear Case Admin. I have an HP Visualize C3000 with HP-UX 11.0 installed. I would like to get the Clear Case server installed so I can play around and get to know it. Anyone know where I can get the CDs? Thanks in advance. ...

Email from access and change the from-property
Dear All, How can i email from access and change the from-property of the email. Quotations for a house are made by several salers with an Access-interface on the firms server ( Remote Desktop) . When sending the report by email to the client the firm wants the salers email in the from-property and not the firms email. THANKS Filip ...

6.2 .0.7 Hide address books from Simple viruses
There is a new "miscellaneous" setting in the Beta entitled Hide address books from Simple viruses. In principle thsi sounds good. But, what does it do? Mr. Welty wrote: >There is a new "miscellaneous" setting in the Beta entitled >Hide address books from Simple viruses. In principle thsi sounds good. But, >what does it do? > > > > I believe it changes the extention of the addressbook file. I disremember what, but it keeps 'simple viruses' from finding it. (maybe) Rick -- Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a ...

LAPTOP WANTED!
Howdy, I am looking for a really cheap working laptop. I cannot offer much since I don't have a Job 'cause no one wants to hire me because of my "Major Depression". Well anyways like I said I am looking for a cheap laptop that I can surf the internet, write letters, email and chat, Downloading Files and music, etc.., Laptop wanted with this and or more: 128MB Memory or More. HDD must hold allot. PCMCIA card. Windows ME or 2000 56K V.90 Modem cd player (CD-ROM DRIVE, 3.5" floppy, usb ports, built in speaker and microphone output Pentium 2 300MHZ or better Thanks to any...

Adding a new line to system
We added a new line to our nortel system and named the line, etc. I am not getting a dial tone when I pick up this line, but it does show that I have named the line, etc. It is working in our main phone closet (has a dial tone). Anyone have any ideas? In addition, when I call the line from a differnt phone outside our network, it won't ring either. Thanks! ...

email hacking
Hi there, I really need some help, everything I've tried, all I've found, doesn't seem to work. I have lost an email address which is very important to me. I really need to contact that person asap. I'm sure to remember that it begin with "leslie". Is any of you out there able to run a powerful email extractor, script or anything else that will provide me a complete list of such addresses? Doesn't matter how big it will be, it's really important for me. Above all, I'm not going to spam anyone, I have no commercial purpose in mind. I can also reward people ...

How do I get the hostname of a To address to pass to a local delivery agent....
Hi, I am using one sendmail machine to do local delivery to serveral domains. I am using procmail as the local delivery agent and currently all procmail is getting is the user part of the email address. I need procmail to get both the user name and domain name in order to route the mail properly. If I do something like "A=procmail $u $h" fails since local delivery does not store anything in $h via Rule Set 0. What I need is: "A=procmail frank abc.com" in one case and "A=procmail joe def.com". Can someone point me to documentation on ...

linux system is asked for mac address of eth0 and replies with address of eth1
Hi there! We've some trouble with a Linux System (a redhead based CISCO server running kernel 2.4.21-37.ELsmp): We are arping'ing for the eth0 ip of our system from an other Linux box. Strangely, the first two or three replies do not contain the mac address of the eth0 interface, but of the eth1 interface. Both interfaces are configured and pluged into the same VLAN (there's just one flat VLAN available unfortunately), but have IPs from two different subnets. My idea is, that the eth1 interface feels responsible for routing to the eth0 interface, and thus sometimes replies to the...

Emailing the reports of nessus
Can Nessus Output be sent by email If so , HOW??? BYe jZZ ...

Top of the line computers for bottom of the line prices...
Do you need a PC? Whether for home, business, or for gaming, The PC Center has the perfect PC for you! We currently only offer desktops! Starting at $550 and up. For ordering info contact Charles Francis at: cj2087@yahoo.com. Parts, upgrades, virus management, repairs & more are also available!!! Any questions regarding some of the specs of some of our PC's just email us, cj2087@yahoo.com! Thank You! ...

Re: Telus Prevents Residential Clients From Sending Email #4
In article <telecom23.298.2@telecom-digest.org>, Brian <a8b04191REMOVE@REMOVETHIStelus.net> wrote: > The following is a letter I sent Telus because they cut off my email > in hope of forcing me to upgrade to a Business high speed ADSL > account. [........] > In the name of fighting SPAM and beginning May 14, 2004, Telus > modified its routers to disable customers' ability to use non-Telus > SMTP servers to send mail. This was explained to me today by a Telus > technical support worker, but only during my second call as the first > techn...

New line conversion with Popen attached to a pty #2
Hi,=0A= =0A= We have a class which executes external processes in a controlled environme= nt and does "things" specified by the client program with each line of outp= ut. To do this we have been attaching stdout from the subprocess.Popen to a= pseudo terminal (pty) made with pty.openempty and opened with os.fdopen. I= noticed that we kept getting a bunch of extra new line characters. =0A= =0A= This is all using python 2.6.4 in a centos6 environment.=0A= =0A= After some investigation I realised we needed to use universal_newline supp= ort so I enabled it for the Popen and...

reject email from own domain
I have added the following line to our access.db: From:owndomain.com REJECT but occasionally still get spam emails that pretend to come from our own domain. None of our employees send email to this machine. How can i block all incoming emails that appear to be from our own domain? thanks dave. ...

XeMaiL feedback wanted
Background: Interoperability between email agents is becoming increasingly important as they diverge more and more in appearance (e.g. graphical vs. non-graphical), focus (e.g. speed vs. looks), and complexity (e.g. ability to parse badly formatted emails). The situation resembles the one which is at the point of being mended by XHTML and XSL. Solution: I believe the same approach as for HTML should be taken for email: Define an XML Schema for valid emails, and implement extensions to existing email agents to make sure the emails they produce validate according to the Schema. The Schem...

emails
isle4@hanaro.com ekdydehtlf@bluebottle.com ekdydehtlf@cashette.com ekdydehtlf@gawab.com ekdydehtlf@korea.com support10@bluebottle.com altec10@cashette.com support10@gawab.com ting1972@korea.com whitemixer@bluebottle.com whitemixer@cashette.com whitemixer@gawab.com whitehz@korea.com mrson92@bluebottle.com mrson92@cashette.com jjul19@korea.com jjul19@bluebottle.com jjul19@cashette.com ekdydehtlfa@snu.ac.kr ekdydehtlff@snu.ac.kr tera1234@sogang.ac.kr tera9833@sogang.ac.kr thswjdcjf@gmsh.co.kr rhrudxo@gmsh.co.kr thswjdcjf@icgas.co.kr qkrdudgml@icgas.co.kr dladudwo@catholi...

One-click email in FMP
I'm experimenting with the Send Mail script step. In a dedicated layout I want to type the subject and message then click a button to start the script. The email addresses are in a field in a different file. I've set the Send Mail script to look to that field in the other file via a relationship and to include "all records in the found set". I'm suspicious that there isn't a "all related records" button, however. Anyway, with this setup, an odd set of individuals not related to the record from where the email message is sent, ends up being sent the mess...

Recent spam/email viruses (MailScout)
Image Software 24th September 2003 =================== In light of recent email viruses with large attachments we would like to remind everyone that MailScout provides an ideal method of controlling the contents of your mailbox and avoiding junk email and viruses. MailScout allows you to interactively review the emails in your mailbox on the mail server and delete unwanted spam/junk mail without the need to download it. MailScout is an invaluable tool in the fight against spam and ideally suited to those who want a simple to setup and use solution, without the need to setup complicated r...

Anyone want to do an Al Gore Penguin Army computer/videogame?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZSqXUSwHRI ExxonMobil firm gets outed using Tux wrongly, and posting this bit. But, hey this is PRIME material for a videogame. You are Al Gore, and you command your penguin army to take out ExxonMobil. You start as Al Gore, in a penguin suit and use your hypnoray to make penguins fall asleep and then become commandable. You then order them about, destroy ExxonMobil. If you don't stop in time, the earth is doomed. - Richard Hutnik getrich@1upandup.com wrote: > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZSqXUSwHRI > > ExxonMobil firm gets outed using T...

Download attachment from email
Hi! I wanna know how to download my email from pop3 account and take the attachment and save it in a folder. I have been seeing NET::Pop3 to do that but I dont know if it has this method for attachment. Is there something way to take the attachment from email.? Quoth Macaruchi <jqmicro@gmail.com>: > I wanna know how to download my email from pop3 account and take the > attachment and save it in a folder. > I have been seeing NET::Pop3 to do that but I dont know if it has this Net::POP3. Case is important. > method for attachment. > > Is there something way to take...

Looking for free email that also lets me download selected emails
I currently use Yahoo for free email. However, there's a limit of 5Mb for the mailbox size, and if I subscribe to a discussion listserv and don't keep up, the mailbox will soon fill up and block/bounce subsequent email. What I need is a free email account that lets me select and download all (or part) of my list of emails to my hard-drive so that they can be deleted off the email-provider's computer, and give me more time to sort through my emails. Any recommendations? .... Do you have a paid-for web site? If so, I know a VERY cheap host that offers web-based eMail. I host m...