Email addresses want to delete from the Address Line

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Like everyone here, I'm an old Eudora fan, but this small problem has
bugged me for some time; it's time I found out why this problem
occurs.

I'll be adding several names to a post and as I'm entering the email
address to the TO: line, I might realize someones name is incorrect or
not a name I intended to include in my message.
I highlight (select) the name and press Delete; the reply from Eudora
is - "Do you want to remove this name from your Eudora address book?"

I've ignored this for years and simply restart what I was doing to
correct the issue.  All's well...

Until today when I did DELETE the entry and now I can't find that
address.  What causes Eudora (or is it me?) to do this?  Why does it
attempt to delete from the Address Book when I only want to remove the
selected name from my TO: line?

I want some help, guys and gals...please.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to everyone...

Jpark
0
Reply jparkhill555 (1) 12/4/2009 9:17:09 PM

See related articles to this posting

On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 15:17:09 -0600, jpark wrote:

> I'll be adding several names to a post and as I'm entering the email
> address to the TO: line, I might realize someones name is incorrect or
> not a name I intended to include in my message.
> I highlight (select) the name and press Delete; the reply from Eudora
> is - "Do you want to remove this name from your Eudora address book?"

The "Delete" key is the normal way to _remove_ "autocomplete" entries
 from whatever source they came from (e.g. either History or Address Book).

Use the _Backspace_ key when you do not also intend to delete the entry
 from the source it came from.

Reply John 12/4/2009 11:48:43 PM
comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows 10384 articles. 5 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

procmail script that reads subject and body and sends a email to email address in the subject line
I need a procmail script that will read the subject line and body. It will pass the email address that is in the subject line and use that as the email address to send a email with a attachment. It should also read the body of the email and pass it to the script and use it as the body. What I'm trying to do is use my cell phone to send a email to my shell account. so all I have to do is put a email address in the subject line and put some info in the body and have it send a email with a attachment out. On comp.mail.mutt, in <1146514228.934087.62950@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.co...

Want to add my email address to DNS
Can't figure out how to ad my email address to DNS 7 Pro. Can anyone help? Thanks.......... Bobby Bobby, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Can't figure out how to ad my email address to DNS 7 Pro. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Keyboard in your e-mail address. Highlight your e-mail address and say, "Make that a shortcut." -- Martin Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc. The best microphones for Speech Reco...

Newbie. How to delete blank lines in an address
I'm generating letters, including name and address. I've used "=Format([First Name]&" "&[Surname])" to ensure Firstname & Surname flow well. But in the address I allow for Add1, Add2, Add3, Town, county & postcode - and I can't find a way to delete blank lines when I print, as ocasionally happens when an address is short. I'm sure I've missed something obvious. Can anyone help please? How are you setting up the report? Are you showing each of Add1, Add2 and Add3 as separate lines, or are you trying to concatenate them together, along wi...

Deleting obsolete email addresses
When I start typing in an outgoing address, up pops a menu with all addresses with those letters, choice narrowing as I type in more letters. (Version 6.2.1.2 - Paid) (Windows XP) Many of these menu addresses come from my address book, but some do not. My understanding is these addresses are in the list because of prior use. I would like to clean out many/most of these. What are they called and how do I do it. Closest I can come is that they are in a "history" file somewhere, but I can't find it. Help please. TIA starrin Roy Starrin <starrin@verizon.net&...

set email address used in From: line in replies
My email address is not the same as my login id. Is there a parameter in .muttrc that I can set to specify the From: address in replies? Thanks. * dfeustel@mindspring.com wrote : > My email address is not the same as my login id. > Is there a parameter in .muttrc that I can set > to specify the From: address in replies? Have you checked man muttrc? There is a "from" variable. Put something like this in your .muttrc: set from username@emailaddress.invalid From the man page: from Type: e-mail address Default: “” When set, this ...

Is it a safe assumption?
I have a string of email addresses with duplicates. like "abc@abc.com; cde@cde.com; abc@abc.com" If I use this string with sendobject, the receiver will get it only once which is perfect to me. I wonder if it will be the case with other mail applications than Outlook Express. TIA (BTW if somebody has code to delete duplicates in a string like this, it would be appreciated.) You should make sure that the level at which the duplication is ignored is actually that of the sending application (OE) and not that of the outgoing mail server (IMAP or SMTP?). It might be that OE *...

show full name instead of email address in TO line
I'm using pine on a linux qmail server. I notice that some of the To addresses listed in the mail list do not show the full name, only the email address of the person I sent mail to. This was not the case with the pine version running on a Solaris box (still qmail). How can I get the full TO name to show for all emails I send? Thanks ...

If you don't want people to have your email address...
....then don't put it on the internet in the first place! <https://www.google.ca/search?q=ndk1%40nb.sympatico.ca> -- Alan Baker Vancouver, British Columbia "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you sit in the bottom of that cupboard." On 2013-08-14 11:19 AM, Alan Baker wrote: > ...then don't put it on the internet in the first place! > > <https://www.google.ca/search?q=ndk1%40nb.sympatico.ca> > And of course, being the stalker y...

want to search for anyone's email address in the world?
Hi, I've found a website where you can search for the Email Address of anyone in the world if you know their name or school/company name. Looking for ex-lover or ex-classmate? . You can go to http://www.NutsterEleven.com/index.php?r=aronax to look for them now. In article <1111244110.103119.22880@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, aronax_lim says... > Hi, I've found a website where you can search for the Email Address of > anyone in the world if you know their name or school/company name. > Looking for ex-lover or ex-classmate? . You can go to > http://www.NutsterElev...

vi break apart multiple email addresses in one line.
I have a line in a file that reads like this: a...@example.com; a...@example.net; a...@example.com I want to use vi to search for this pattern and put each address on a new line in the file. Any ideas? rich wrote: > I have a line in a file that reads like this: > > a...@example.com; a...@example.net; a...@example.com > > I want to use vi to search for this pattern and put each address on a > new line in the file. > > Any ideas? Plain vi or vim? In vim you can do :%s/; /^M/g where ^M is typed as <Ctrl-V> and <Enter>. AFAIR, I couldn't do that ...

vi break apart multiple email addresses in one line.
I have a line in a file that reads like this: a...@example.com; a...@example.net; a...@example.com I want to use vi to search for this pattern and put each address on a new line in the file. Any ideas? On Nov 28, 4:08 am, rich <rhd...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a line in a file that reads like this: > > a...@example.com; a...@example.net; a...@example.com > > I want to use vi to search for this pattern and put each address on a > new line in the file. > > Any ideas? :%s/;\s*/;\r/g ...

sending email attachment via command line on HPUX11 to an external address
Hello I am having trouble with sending an email attachment from the command line to an external email address(one which is not work related). When the email is sent the external recipient gets it but the attachment is in the main body of the email. Yet when the email is sent to an internal company address the attachment is in the correct place. This is what I have used ux2dos report.csv | uuencode report_a.csv | mailx -m -s "report info" external@company.outthere Any ideas? Regards Stevan I send email attachment this way... /usr2/baanIV/script/cstocs il2 1250 /netbackup/nak...

RE: [Uniface-L] Uniface Position Wanted (Corrected Email Address)
What country are you in Bob? James -----Original Message----- From: uniface-l-bounces@uug.org [mailto:uniface-l-bounces@uug.org]On Behalf Of Bob Maier Sent: Tuesday, 22 February 2005 08:34 To: uniface-l@uug.org Subject: [Uniface-L] Uniface Position Wanted (Corrected Email Address) Folks, I'm looking for a Uniface position. I have six years Uniface experience using all versions from 7.2 through 8.4. This includes two years application devlopment and four years as a Compuware Uniface Technical Support Analyst. For a detailed resume, please email me at: BBMaier@SBCG...

Want to have "Home" and "Work" eMail addresses
The "Address Book" dialog box has "Home" and "Work" tabs, including web sites, but there ias only one eMail address. A large (OK, fair) number of my contacts have work (business) and home (jokes/personal) addresses. Why these separate panes but only "Personal" for eMail address? Seems weird to me. Sam There would also be no option to choose between them either. The current Home and Wok tabs really are not used for anything except as a place for you to keep the information. The software does not use the information in any function. Each...

Email address containing other email addresses.....?
Hi all, I want to setup an email address called "The Gang", which contains the email addresses of many friends, only I don't want the recipients to see the addresses of the other members contained within. I'm using Squirrelmail, and this isn't an obvious option (at least to me). Can someone offer some pointers? Thanks. Jeff wrote: > Can someone offer some pointers? .... put the list in the "BCC" field .. -- << http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com/ >> It's a poor workman who blames his tools. On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 20:13:03 -0500, Jeff ...

ip address from email address
Anyone know of a way to get the ip address from just someone's email address in a PERL script? I searched CPAN and didn't find anything usefull, maybe someone else's eyes could help. I know there has to be something out there becuase all you have to do is look in the headers in a message from the email address and you can get the ip address. My overall idea is to just check some validy of an application (refering to a previous post about getting the domain from the site url to match to thier email address domain.) My idea was this ... In the application they provide...

Block messages from one email address to another email address
Is it possible with sendmail to block a specific user from sending email to another user? Eg: Block user@gribbles.com.au sending to user@example.com, but allow user@gribbles.com.au to send to any other email address and allow anyone else at gribbles.com.au to send to user@example.com Thanks In article <b829c7e3.0307201724.466ec8ad@posting.google.com>, Adam Fox <adam.fox@gribbles.com.au> wrote: >Is it possible with sendmail to block a specific user from sending >email to another user? > >Eg: Block user@gribbles.com.au sending to user@example.com, but allow >user@gr...

Email addressing using contacts : how to know which email address is used
All, wen you create contacts and use them in your memo for addressing, unfortunately, it only shows the contact name in the 'To' field. The problem is that you could have left empty the 'email' field in the contact sheet, or you may have selected the wrong contact. So it would be useful to be able to see the email address (retrieved from the contact book) which is truely used, instead of the contact name. Any idea on how to do this? Thanks ...

yahoo email address yahoo free email address find a yah
Our agents are experienced at revealing the truth. Everyday we conduct background checks for attorneys, employers, home-buyers, and private individuals.Find local address at smartpages.com Find local business listings at adfunk the online yellow pages directory of ad Communications. adfunk also offers city guides, shopping guides, white pages and much more. http://www.geocities.com/abasa013/Addresses3.htm http://www.geocities.com/abasa013/Addresses4.htm yahoo email address 763 yahoo free email address 594 find a yahoo email address 534 yahoo email address search 350 addr...

Eudora address book
Hello, I have Eudora 6.0 and what I am trying to describe is the fact that in the To: area of a new message I get a drop down box that lists more addresses than I actually have in my address book. I am trying to delete some of these but they are not found in my address so I am at a loss as to where they could be. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks! "spiralingcrazies" <jjbraunius@yahoo.com> wrote... > Hello, > I have Eudora 6.0 and what I am trying to describe is the fact that in > the To: > area of a new message I get a drop down box that l...

How can I send email addresses from my address book to another Eudora email user
My brother and I use Eudora. I want him to send me some of his contacts from his address book to me. Without cutting and pasting specific data from inside an address entry, how do you do this? Tony Ziolkowski <aziolk@rogers.com> wrote: > My brother and I use Eudora. I want him to send me some of his contacts from > his address book to me. Without cutting and pasting specific data from > inside an address entry, how do you do this? Have him copy the nicknames he wants to send you in a separate address book. He can then attach the address book's txt file to a m...

Multiple EMail Addresses in Address books
How does one put more than one EMail address into a single alias? Helpfile doesn't mention it. -- Jock. Jock wrote: > How does one put more than one EMail address into a single > alias? > > Helpfile doesn't mention it. > An alias is associated with only one email address. If it allowed more than one you would have to be prompted to select from a list every time just like Outlook does it :-( -- Martin My email address is ROT13 encoded to slow down spammers On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 22:22:38 GMT, Martin Ireland wrote: > Jock wrote: >>...

Copying addresses from emails to Address book
How do I get the address from an email message into my address book? The only help entry I could find said to drag and drop the email message into the address book. I must be dense, because so far, I can't find a way *to* drag and drop a message! Also, since I keep the preview panel as large as is practical, I wind up having to spend a bunch of time shrinking it and then enlarging it after trying things like this. Why isn't there just a simple menu selection or keystroke combo to add the address from the current message to an address book? There is for mail distribution...

Adding a bunch of email addresses to address book
I have a file of email addresses that I would like to add to my Eudora address book. It is not of the types that Eudora lists for direct import. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get them into the address book - without retyping them? TIA Elliott Alterman wrote: > I have a file of email addresses that I would like to add to my Eudora > address book. It is not of the types that Eudora lists for direct import. > > Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get them into the address book - > without retyping them? > > TIA Copy and paste th...