Error 10054

Hi to All

If I check my mail I get the error message

"Error reading from network. Cause: Connection set by remote side

This mainly occurs for each personality when there is no mail. If the
mailbox has mail then the error does not occur and I can get mail Ok.

I have checked all settings for pop and smtp etc. and these are

Don Strachan

For some 10,000 NZ and international Automotive, Alternate Fuel and Motorsport Links and information.

Dons Auto Pages:	<http://www.donsautopages.co.nz/>
		  Email:	<don@NOSPAMdonsautopages.co.nz>
5/22/2006 9:31:17 AM
comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows 10559 articles. 4 followers. bob234 (1) is leader. Post Follow

Don Strachan <don@nospamdonsautopages.co.nz> wrote:

> If I check my mail I get the error message

> "Error reading from network. Cause: Connection set by remote side
> (10054)"

That means the server decided it didn't want to talk to you any more.
Unfortunately, the error message doesn't tell you anything about *why* the
server decided to close the connection.

> This mainly occurs for each personality when there is no mail. If the
> mailbox has mail then the error does not occur and I can get mail Ok.

That sounds to me like the connection isn't being closed properly when
there's no mail, resulting in the server eventually deciding to end it
because nothing is happening.

Do you have an anti-virus program scanning mail? If you do, you might try
turning off the mail-scanning portion and see if that stops the error
messages. AV programs get between Eudora and the server and that sometimes
interferes in the communication between them. This might just be caused by
a peculiarity in the server in question though. Something similar happens
when sending messages through gmail. Their SMTP server does not disconnect
in the expected way, resulting in errors. If this is something similar to
that, you may just have to ignore the error messages.

Eudora error (10054) can receive but not send e-mails
I have downded Eudora error (10054) and checked out my settings that up to now have worked OK. I can't figure out why this error has occured. I down loaded Eudora 6 but still same no joy. Freeserve say its Eudora's problem. Can you help ...

Import mail archives from Eudora 6 for Windows to Eudora 6 for Mac
Good morning/evening everyone ! I am a french user of Eudora, and I encounter this problem : I precedently used Eudora on a Windows plateform ; and now I have bought a Macintosh (^-^) and I would want to recover my mail archives on the Macintosh. Is there a way to import these archives from the Eudora version which is installed on Windows, to the Mac Version ? Thank you for your help (and sorry, really, for my very bad english :/ ) Nakaori In <BBDC2EFB.936F%mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> Mad Youri <mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> wrote: > Good morning/evening ev...

MS-Windows mail servers and PHP's mail() function
I have a contact form that uses PHP's mail() function. It recently came to my attention that (some?) MS-Windows mail servers may not properly process data given to the mail() function that's only newline-terminated. The mail() function takes up to five parameters: mail(recipient, subject, message, [headers [,parameters]]) The ones of interest here are the first four. The questions are these: 1. Since recipient and subject are not multi-line, and, from the web form, don't even contain newlines, is it safe to assume they need neither newlines nor carriage-...

error when trying to get mail from eudora after changing setting for g.mail
Hello out there! I followed to the LETTER the instructions on setting up my eudora mail client in conjunction with gmail. When I atemp to check my mail, I end up waiting for what feels like forever, only to get the message: Error: reading from the network. Cause: Eudora got tired of waiting for the server. (10100) Any suggestions for me? I am using Eudora in light mode, but supposably this shouldn't be part of the problem. Thanks! Critterlover On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 14:02:23 -0500: > I followed to the LETTER the instructions on setting up my eudora > mail ...

wxWidgets errors on MS windows
Hi, I tranformed our tool to windows using vc++ .net. When I run it, I got several exceptions popping up. The first one is: ".\msw\bitmap.cpp(1283): assert "!bitmap.GetSelectedInto()" failed: bitmap can't be selected in another DC." What does it mean? Do you have any idea about it? Thanks, FS --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org ...

Eudora Errors 10053 and 10054
I started seeing the 10053 errors on sending email from two different W2K machines, after installing new NICs that use the RealTek RTL8169 chip. Replaced one (my wife's machine) with a D-Link DGE-530T and the problem went away. However, I didn't care for all of the bloatware that installed along with the D-Link driver, so started looking for another solution for the other machine (mine). Since I control my own (Linux) smtp server, I decided to install stunnel4 there, and switch Eudora to use "required SSL" on sending. (From my research on the 'net, it seems ...

Error fetching mail with Eudora
I have a problem fetching mail with Eudora. The problem started at Mon Jan 23 20:15:51 2006. According to the log file Eudora fetched three messages from my pop account and after that it produced the following error message: 27863040 8:0.18.31 Temporary error receiving mail; couldn't create 000001 (-36). Mail may be delayed, but will show up eventually. The three messages do not appear in my in box. The next attempt was on Tue Jan 24 20:16:34 2006. Three other messages were fetched and then I got the following error 26051072 8:0.1.18 Temporary error receiving mail; cou...

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include t...

Eudora, I have it in paid mode even now is free all Eudoras and no longer exists but it was working till two days ago, I can send e-mails from it but cannot receive as I have error 200 saying
Then apear a message saying: the server certificate was rejected for the following reasons : error unknown : then when I click appears : do you want to trust in this certificate for future sessions. then the certicate is displayed as follow: Certificate: Data: Version: 3 (0x2) Serial Number: 903804111 (0x35def4cf) Signature Algorithm: sha1WithRSAEncryption Issuer: C=US, O=Equifax, OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority Validity Not Before: Aug 22 16:41:51 1998 GMT Not After : Aug 22 16:41:51 2018 GMT ...

Windows 7 and Eudora registry error!
Hi, I often when open Eudora I get an error: "Eudora was unable to update the system registry, your default mail programhas not changed. On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 21:11:54 +0100, AroundTheWorld <AroundTheWorld@DELETEinterfree.it> wrote: >Hi, I often when open Eudora I get an error: >"Eudora was unable to update the system registry, your default mail >programhas not changed. Same under Vista. The problem occurs e.g. each time when Microsoft Update installs an update for Microsoft Office. This makes Outlook the default mailer. This behavior of MS Office update ...

Sending Mail from Eudora Through Windows Live
My ISP recently switched over to using Windows Live to handle their email, meaning that I had to change my email settings for both incoming and outgoing mail in Eudora. (I use Eudora Light, just to clarify.) After a bit of fiddling, the incoming settings are working properly, but the outgoing settings are not. :/ Here is what they told me to use: Outgoing SMTP Server: smtp.live.com Outgoing SMTP Mail Port: 587 Authentication Required: Yes (Your Windows Live ID and password) TLS/SSL Required: Yes (Select TLS if available, if not select SSL) Under Sending Mail, I'v...

from Eudora for Mac to MS Outlook for windows
Any experts who could help me? I used Eudora 6.0 on my Mac and have been forced to use a PC running Microsoft Outlook for Windows XP at grad school. I was able to move my mail halfway, by installing Eudora 6.0 for WindowsXP and transferring my mailboxes by memory key, then adding a ".mbx" suffix. But 2 problems: 1 - Outlook won't import from Eudora 6.0. It demands Eudora 4.x or lower. WHERE CAN I FIND EUDORA 4.X OR LOWER? 2 - I can't figure out how to get my email address book into either the Eudora for Windows on my PC or even better into Outlook. All help de...

Eudora 550 error prevents me from sending mail
I've been using Eudora since 1994. But an unresolved bug in it (at least in the 6.x version - it never happened before that) pops up every now and then and when it does, I can't send any mail, which is very frustrating for someone who gets a lot of email. This bug here: http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=2742 As you can see, nobody over at Qualcomm has said a word, so I look to this group as a last resort. Most of the time when this happens, it starts working automatically in a day or so, but this time it hasn't. My server logs are pasted in that thread. This...

Downloading mail from Yahoo with Eudora; Error Dings
Not-so-recently, SBC acquired ATT (what's left of it). I've had a WorldNet ISP account since the 1990's. SBC's Yahoo has assimilated WorldNet slowly but surely. My mail up and down loads with WorldNet.att had always been smooth. A week ago yahoo dropped the second shoe and finally shut down the remaining WorldNet.att servers, having all but digested but now digesting all the WorldNet.att.net account transactions. As a result, my Eudora had no access to E-mail according to old protocol settings. I researched it, and found yahoo settings to put into Eudora, but the...

Web resources about - Error 10054 - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The word error entails different meanings and usages relative to how it is conceptually applied. The concrete meaning of the Latin word "error" ...

Error 53 making iPhones unusable
Pressure is mounting on Apple after a growing number of people report their devices have been bricked after first getting them repaired and then ...

'Human error' responsible for German head-on train crash
... Munich: The head-on collision of two commuter trains in southern Germany that left 10 people dead and dozens injured was caused by "human error," ...

Competition watchdog investigates Apple iPhone-killing Error 53 bug
The ACCC will ask Apple to explain why a security feature in newer model devices can result in catastrophic outcomes.

Law firm follows through with plan to file class action suit against Apple over ‘Error 53’
Earlier this month, Apple acknowledged an issue referred to as “Error 53” that causes iPhone 6 units with home buttons repaired by a third-party ...

ACCC probes Apple iPhone Error 53 bug
The ACCC will ask Apple to explain why a security feature in newer model devices can result in catastrophic outcomes.

Class-action lawsuit filed in response to iPhone’s Error 53
... your iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, or iPhone 6s Plus replaced by a third-party repair service. We recently talked about the dreaded Error ...

Class-action suit over iPhone-bricking Error 53 filed in California
... Plus don't like it when you replace their TouchID sensors. (credit: Andrew Cunningham) In recent weeks, you may have read about iPhone error ...

Germany train crash: Controller error theory dismissed
Bavarian police reject as speculation a report that a controller turned off a safety system before two trains crashed, leaving at least 10 people ...

iPhone's 'error 53' may land Apple in crosshairs of lawsuit
The error message means your iPhone has been disabled because the home button is broken or replaced by a non-Apple technician. Customers are ...