error when trying to get mail from eudora after changing setting for g.mail

Hello out there!
   I followed to the LETTER the instructions on setting up my eudora
mail client in conjunction with gmail. When I atemp to check my mail,
I end up waiting for what feels like forever, only to get the message:
Error: reading from the network.
Cause: Eudora got tired of waiting for the server. (10100)
Any suggestions for me? I am using Eudora in light mode, but
supposably this shouldn't be part of the problem. Thanks!

            Critterlover
0
lduncan

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 14:02:23 -0500:

> I followed to the LETTER the instructions on setting up my eudora
> mail client in conjunction with gmail.

It's more useful to either state the settings you use,
or point to where we can see the actual instructions
that you are following, because just saying the above
tells no one what you are actually doing,
nor even what version of Eudora you are using,
nor whether you are using only the "Dominant" personality,
nor whether you are attempting to use POP or IMAP,
so it's no more precise than saying "something doesn't work,
what is it"?

> When I attempt to check my mail,
> I end up waiting for what feels like forever, only to get the message:
> Error: reading from the network.
> Cause: Eudora got tired of waiting for the server. (10100)
> Any suggestions for me? I am using Eudora in light mode, but
> supposedly this shouldn't be part of the problem.

Did you enable POP or IMAP at Gmail?

John
8/9/2008 8:12:20 PM
Also "check mail" once more, after the very first failure.

John
8/9/2008 8:23:56 PM
lduncan@bigsky.net wrote:

>Hello out there!
>   I followed to the LETTER the instructions on setting up my eudora
>mail client in conjunction with gmail. When I atemp to check my mail,
>I end up waiting for what feels like forever, only to get the message:
>Error: reading from the network.
>Cause: Eudora got tired of waiting for the server. (10100)
>Any suggestions for me? I am using Eudora in light mode, but
>supposably this shouldn't be part of the problem. Thanks!
>
>            Critterlover
I believe the fact that you're in light mode is the problem. I think
you need to be in Paid mode for accessing Gmail.

-Bruno
0
Bruno
8/10/2008 1:03:34 AM
There is no need for "Paid" mode to access Gmail;
the only features enabled only in "Paid" mode
are "Spamwatch," "Bosswatch,"
and the "X1" pre-indexed search engine:

"Difference between Paid and Sponsored Mode"
http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/2763hq.html

Latest features:
http://www.eudora.com/email/features/windows/

"Light" mode is limited to one personality,
which brings up a potential problem,
but there seems to be too little information given
to diagnose what's happening, which could even be
that POP/IMAP access might not have been enabled at Gmail.

So, a test in "Sponsored" mode should prove
whether or not one's settings (and Gmail's) are all correct,
and whether or not Eudora's "mode" makes any difference.

John
8/10/2008 9:00:15 PM
Here are the settings that work for me in Eudora 7.1.0.9:
-   Outgoing:
User Name: ....@gmail.com  =  your entire email address
SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
Authenthentication Allowed: checked
Secure Sockets: Required, Alternate Port
-   Incoming:
Server: pop.gmail.com
Configuration: POP
Passwords: checked
Secure Sockets: Required, Alternate Port

Eric

<lduncan@bigsky.net> wrote in message
> Hello out there!
>   I followed to the LETTER the instructions on setting up my eudora
> mail client in conjunction with gmail. When I atemp to check my mail,
> I end up waiting for what feels like forever, only to get the message:
> Error: reading from the network.
> Cause: Eudora got tired of waiting for the server. (10100)
> Any suggestions for me? I am using Eudora in light mode, but
> supposably this shouldn't be part of the problem. Thanks!
>
>            Critterlover

0
ebloch
8/10/2008 9:43:28 PM
ebloch's configuration worked for me. The only thing I had to do was
go to Gmail and go to my account settings to allow Gmail to be
accessed from Eudora. It even gives step by step instructions with
pictures. I'm using Eudora version 7.1.0.9 under Windows XP w/SP3.

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 17:43:28 -0400, "ebloch" <eric.antispam@bloch.com>
wrote:

>Here are the settings that work for me in Eudora 7.1.0.9:
>-   Outgoing:
>User Name: ....@gmail.com  =  your entire email address
>SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
>Authenthentication Allowed: checked
>Secure Sockets: Required, Alternate Port
>-   Incoming:
>Server: pop.gmail.com
>Configuration: POP
>Passwords: checked
>Secure Sockets: Required, Alternate Port
>
>Eric
>

><lduncan@bigsky.net> wrote in message
>> Hello out there!
>>   I followed to the LETTER the instructions on setting up my eudora
>> mail client in conjunction with gmail. When I atemp to check my mail,
>> I end up waiting for what feels like forever, only to get the message:
>> Error: reading from the network.
>> Cause: Eudora got tired of waiting for the server. (10100)
>> Any suggestions for me? I am using Eudora in light mode, but
>> supposably this shouldn't be part of the problem. Thanks!
>>
>>            Critterlover

0
Jeem

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include t...

Getting Eudora Mail to Apple Mail from A Different Computer
i have tons of email in my Eudora program on my old iMac which i need to transfer somehow into my Apple email program on my Powerbook. can someone PLEASE tell me how best to do this? i created a network between the Powerbook and the iMac but when i opened the Eudora program on the iMac, there were no messages in it. however, as soon as i disconnected the network, i was able to see all the mail in the iMac Eudora program. i have no idea why. perhaps someone would be kind enough to explain and also how to transfer all this stuff. thanx. Hi, > i have tons of email in my E...

Changing Mail/No mail Icons in Eudora 6.0 for OSX
Greetings -- I've been using Eudora for many years and have always hated the icons that appear in their alerts for "You have new mail" [the pigs] and "You have no new mail" [rabbit in the hat]. In OS9, I just fired up ResEdit and replaced these amateurish graphics with something more attractive. Now that I'm migrating to OSX, I want to change the Eudora icons once again, but nothing I've tried gets me close. I've looked at the package contents and found some tantalizing possibilities. But "Eudora.icns" contains only the application i...

Cannot Get To Mail in My yorkere@sbcglobal.net ; Eudora Keeps Reporting No Mail...
Group: Using Eudora version 7.1.0.9; my Dominant is yorker@yorker.delta.net, and my other account is yorkere@sbcglobal.net...at yahoo.com All of a sudden Eudora keeps reporting there is no mail from yorkere@sbcglobal.net, but when I go into that account using my browser, at ATT.net, there is mail, which I can access using my FireFox. There was a message from Yahoo.mail about their new version of Yahoo.mail, and it now refers to me as "yorkere@yahoo.com vice yorkere@sbcglobal.net. Does this mean I need to get into the "personality" for SBC Yahoo.mail and change...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to "...

Get G-Mail with Eudora
I am using the latest version of Eudora Paid Mode. I have tried all of the settings at the G-Mail site, but cannot get Eudora to get the mail. I am sure I am just doing something so wrong, that I cannot see it. Would someone, who is able to get G-Mail with Eudora, provide me with the step by step process to get it working? I would be very thankful for the assistance. Opus wrote: > I am using the latest version of Eudora Paid Mode. > > I have tried all of the settings at the G-Mail site, but cannot get > Eudora to get the mail. > > I am sure I am ju...

Importing Eudora mail into Apple Mail
Having used Eudora for too many years, I now have a real mess in the references to attachments. Many of the attachments are no longer accessible from the messages that they arrived in, even though they are still in the attachments folder. The main issue here is that I have moved Eudora to a new machine every few years, and the startup disk has typically had a new name. This in itself is not a big problem, and Eudora still seems able to find the files. (But it does leave the reference in the mailbox with the old disk's name.) However, the other part of the reference is the...

Mail and imported mail in mail app

How to transfer mail from Eudora to Eudora?
I need to transfer Eudors mail from one computer to another. Sometimes from my Powerbook 3400c/8.6/Eudora light to my PM 7200/8.6/Eudora Light, sometimes between Mac computers when I am upgrading to a 'new' computer. Is there an easy way way to transfer individual e-mails or the complete file between computers, preferably using zip disks? -- Free men own guns, slaves don't www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/ In article <nhull-D259DD.06454907112005@news1.east.earthlink.net>, Nick Hull <nhull@access4less.net> wrote: > I need to transfer Eudors ma...

Import mail archives from Eudora 6 for Windows to Eudora 6 for Mac
Good morning/evening everyone ! I am a french user of Eudora, and I encounter this problem : I precedently used Eudora on a Windows plateform ; and now I have bought a Macintosh (^-^) and I would want to recover my mail archives on the Macintosh. Is there a way to import these archives from the Eudora version which is installed on Windows, to the Mac Version ? Thank you for your help (and sorry, really, for my very bad english :/ ) Nakaori In <BBDC2EFB.936F%mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> Mad Youri <mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> wrote: > Good morning/evening ev...

Importing Mail/Address book to Eudora from Mail app
As per the header. What I can't seem to do is using the Import command from within Eudora is to import the contents of my Mac Address Book into Eudora. Also importing mailboxes, for some reason Eudora duplicates them into 2 lots of mailboxes, most likely from when I used to run 2 accounts in Mail. Is there any way of merging the 2 boxes into 1? I'm using a G5 iMac Power PC. Thank you, Peter P.S. Please note that the e-mail address given is a spam trap. My correct e-mail address is peterNOSPAM@pfjames.NOTHANKS.co.uk Remove the obvious to reply -- He spoke wit...

i am getting error while sending mail using mail() function
i am getting following error. Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "smtp.gmail.com" port 465, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in D:\LUGUBA\root\site\temp5.php on line 8 i have done the following (1) in php.ini file SMTP = smtp.gmail.com smtp_port = 465 sendmail_from = kathlal.panjabi@gmail.com (2) i am sendig mail using mail() function and i am passing only defaulst arguments to,subject,body is it enough to send a mail or something is missing?? and do not i need to give password of my ab...

Web resources about - error when trying to get mail from eudora after changing setting for g.mail - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

The Changing Light at Sandover - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The Changing Light at Sandover" is a 560-page epic poem by James Merrill (1926–1995). Sometimes described as a postmodern apocalyptic epic, ...

Is Facebook Changing How We Travel?
When one of your Facebook friends posts a photo album of their trip to Maui, they’re not just showing off — they might also be acting as a travel ...

Missed this week's Changing Track?... - 774 ABC Melbourne - Facebook
Missed this week's Changing Track? We've got you covered. Like to submit your own? Email it to 774drive@abc.net.au

Facebook changing PMD program to Facebook Marketing Partners
Facebook’s Preferred Marketing Developer program may be getting a new look. Earlier today, Facebook announced on the Facebook for Business page ...

Changing Lanes (@chginglanes) on Twitter

Changing the way business decisions are made
We believe that social data has unlimited value, and near limitless application. Today, we’re taking an important step toward unleashing this ...

12 Minutes To Create a Mind-Changing Presentation
... draft great presentations and to become a more effective and convincing presenter. Twelve minutes which can 12 Minutes To Create a Mind-Changing ...

We're Changing Our Name (Back) to Stack Overflow
We are Stack Overflow. You may know us from such popular websites as Stack Overflow Q&A, Stack Overflow Careers, The Stack Exchange Q&A Network, ...

The Tao of Twitter: Changing your life and business 140 characters at a time - Amazon
It's time to take the mystery out of Twitter. Twitter may be the most powerful business and personal networking platform ever created but it ...

App Store - Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing!
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing! on the App Store. Download Voices 2 ...