Eudora 5.1 Loses Embedded Pics

Hi all,

	I'm using Eudora 5.1 in paid mode. I noticed something the other day,
and then realized that this recently started. Let's say that someone sends me an
E-mail with pictures embedded in the body of the message. The pictures are
stored in the Eudora\embedded directory. If I forward that message to someone,
the pictures evidently get deleted from that directory as the message goes out,
and I lose them. I don't think that it was always like that--I think the pics
used to stay in that directory even if I forwarded the message. I think this
started recently. Is there a setting somewhere that controls this ???

					Thanks,

					  RON
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
0
solidgoldZZZ

I've had the exact problem with 5.2.1 for a long time.   Common
response in this group is that the problem is related to Quicktime.
A false belief.   I think the problem is really related to bugs in
file and filenaming management when going to the new message from the
original, and the new embedded image.

I'm hoping that this bug was is fixed in 6.1

solidgoldZZZ@optonline.net (Ron in NY) wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>	I'm using Eudora 5.1 in paid mode. I noticed something the other day,
>and then realized that this recently started. Let's say that someone sends me an
>E-mail with pictures embedded in the body of the message. The pictures are
>stored in the Eudora\embedded directory. If I forward that message to someone,
>the pictures evidently get deleted from that directory as the message goes out,
>and I lose them. I don't think that it was always like that--I think the pics
>used to stay in that directory even if I forwarded the message. I think this
>started recently. Is there a setting somewhere that controls this ???
>

>					Thanks,
>

>					  RON
>Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

John@NoSpam_SensorySIMS.com
(please remove "NoSpam_" from return address to respond directly)
0
John

Eudora 5.1.1.1 and Windows ME
Anyone is able to copy and paste on the right side of the Address Book (Nickname, Name, First Name, Last Name, e-mail address using WindowsME? MVP <wefp.bh@terra.com.br> wrote: > Anyone is able to copy and paste on the right side of the Address Book > (Nickname, Name, First Name, Last Name, e-mail address using > WindowsME? Yes, most people are able to do that. Are you having a problem with it? If you are, do you have your address book docked? If not, do you have it floating in the main window? (That means it acts like a mailbox window and appears inside the main window.) If it isn't docked or floating, that's the problem. There's a bug in Eudora that causes non-docked, not-floating windows to not have the focus properly when you try to copy or paste in them. There could be other reasons for having a problem with copying and pasting, but that's the main one for problems specific to the address book. -- Katrina ...

Transferring Eudora Addresses from older mac using OS 8.6 and Eudora 5.1 to new iMac using Panther !0.3 and Eudora 6.1
I have looked at all items on the strings appropriate or close to this problem back to May2004 with no useful input. I saved my old Eudora folder from my old machine on to a CD. I then loaded this into the new iMac and copied the Eudora Folder (not the applications folder) on to the desktop thinking Eudora 6.1 would see it and do the business. I had previously loaded up Eudora 6.1 (which seems to be working perfectly in all other aspects) and when it asked if I wanted to import infor from another application I said yes to..."from other". ( Eudora is not among these tha...

How do you all feel Eudora 6.0 stacks up against Eudora 5.1 or 5.2 so far?
I still can't get it to check mail. I just read Katrinas excellent response just now so I will go back and look at my settings again. Outlook Express is working fine, and I used the same settings for Eudora that I used for Outlook, but Eudora won't check mail. So I will have to dig deeper. Peace. ...

Eudora 5.1.1 want pic in signature file
I would like to put a picture in my Signature file, is there anyway to do this ? why I try Euroda Paste is grayed out and will not allow me to do so. James On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 12:49:03 -0800, "James" <no8rf@amsat.org> wrote: >I would like to put a picture in my Signature file, is there anyway to do >this ? why I try Euroda Paste is grayed out and will not allow me to do so. > Not in a signature. You can do it in a signature that you put on Stationery, but you will need version 6 for that. -- Ajo Wissink ...

X-Eudora Settings for Eudora 5.1
Gday List Can anyone point me to where I can find the full list of settings for E.5.1? Thanks. Pete On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 02:40:19 -0500, Peter G wrote: > Can anyone point me to where I can find > the full list of settings for E.5.1? X-Eudora-Setting:nnn is used in the Mac version of Eudora. Do you mean "X-Eudora-Option" for the Windows version? This is a complete list for 7.1.0.9, compiled by Jim Higgins from the run-time DLL which actually contains all the options: (almost all options apply to previous versions as well) http://groups.google.com/gr...

Difference between Eudora 5.1 and 5.2.1?
Before buying, I'ld like to know the difference between Eudora versions 5.1 and 5.2.1. Can anyone tell me? Is the change worth it? Thanks for your info. ...

Mac Eudora to Windows Eudora: losing recipient names in OUT.mbx
I've created new mailboxes, and copied all my business emails over to new IN and OUT mailboxes (with different, names). The remaining emails are personal emails and the IN and OUT mailboxes remain on the Mac with those personal emails only. I transfer the new MP-IN.mbx with the business emails via Fetch to an FTP server, using ASCII (text) conversion. I download the files from the FTP server to the PC using a PC-compatible FTP client into a new folder and these then open perfectly in the Eudora for Windows in that computer. However, when I do the same process with the business...

Import mail archives from Eudora 6 for Windows to Eudora 6 for Mac
Good morning/evening everyone ! I am a french user of Eudora, and I encounter this problem : I precedently used Eudora on a Windows plateform ; and now I have bought a Macintosh (^-^) and I would want to recover my mail archives on the Macintosh. Is there a way to import these archives from the Eudora version which is installed on Windows, to the Mac Version ? Thank you for your help (and sorry, really, for my very bad english :/ ) Nakaori In <BBDC2EFB.936F%mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> Mad Youri <mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> wrote: > Good morning/evening ev...

Eudora 6 doesn't work where Eudora 5.2.1 does...
Hi! I've been using Eudora 5.2.1 for quite some time now, never had trouble. Now I tried out version 6, but it isn't able to send mails. Though server preferences are set the exact same way as in version 5.2.1, it simply doesn't work. It's always error code 10060, connection timed out. The strange thing is: with version 5.2.1 I can send a mail at the same time, to the same adress, over the same ISP with the same ip-address - with no problems at all. I tried different accounts (with different server-adresses), different times, different mail-adresses, nothing works. E...

Window eudora to Mac eudora
Hi All, I am going to buy a mac Ibook, but currently i am using window, and use the eudora to get email, is it any way to transfer or convert those email to Mac? Thanks in advance, <saipak@alumni.polyu.edu.hk> wrote: > I am going to buy a mac Ibook, but currently i am using window, and use the > eudora to get email, is it any way to transfer or convert those email to > Mac? There are ways to do this quite easily. Others, who have done it, will surely reply here in detail, but in the mean time look at <www.emailman.com/conversion> and see if what you nee...

Windows Eudora to Mac Eudora
Trying to get all my Windows Eudora v7.1 email folders/mailboxes converted to Mac Eudora 6.2 but the instructions on Qualcomm's site are incomplete. Does anyone have a step-by-step solution that they know works? Also - in the Windows version, the mailbox/folder list docks on the left side of the screen (above where Eudora used to have ads. Is there any way in the Mac version to control window placement and docking? One last question - Is this the only place to get active Eudora discussion/user support, or are there other forums for Mac users that are still active? Thanks...

How to transfer mail from Eudora to Eudora?
I need to transfer Eudors mail from one computer to another. Sometimes from my Powerbook 3400c/8.6/Eudora light to my PM 7200/8.6/Eudora Light, sometimes between Mac computers when I am upgrading to a 'new' computer. Is there an easy way way to transfer individual e-mails or the complete file between computers, preferably using zip disks? -- Free men own guns, slaves don't www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/ In article <nhull-D259DD.06454907112005@news1.east.earthlink.net>, Nick Hull <nhull@access4less.net> wrote: > I need to transfer Eudors ma...

Migrating from Eudora 7.1.0.9 to Eudora OSE
I've been running Eudora 7.1.0.9 on Windows 7 64-bit systems for a couple o= f years now. It took me a while to work out that it worked better if I installed it at= =20 C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\Eudora but once I'd worked that out it worked fine. Sadly, I've had to change my information provider, and Eudora couldn't pick= up e-mail from the new information provider. I tried installing Thunderbird, but it wouldn't import my mail folders (whi= ch are big and complicated) even after I'd cleaned them up with Eudora Resc= ue. Eudora 7.1.0.9 reads ...

Outgoing Mail Address Errors
I sometimes make an address error in an outgoing message that has multiple addressees. Eudora informs me an error has been made and places a "broken" icon in the outbox message status column. I find the error and correct it, but I am never sure whether the correctly addressed messages have gone out or not. So I end up resending the message to the entire list with an apology for perhaps sending duplicate messages. The last time I made this sort of error I addressed a message to four people and wanted to "CC" the message to one other person. But I had I left off the final ">" in an address that should have read <xxxxxxx@yyyyy.com> and got the error message and broken icon.. If Eudora finds an error in one address of a multiple address message, does it stop that one but send the rest? Or, does Eudora stop the process immediately when it finds an error and not send the remaining messages that it has not gotten to yet? If it does something like that, does it look at the "To", "CC", and "BC" headings in that sequence, or in some other sequence? Thanks. Richard M. Kennedy wrote: >I sometimes make an address error in an outgoing message that has > > >If Eudora finds an error in one address of a multiple address message, >does it stop that one but send the rest? > >Or, does Eudora stop the process immediately when it finds an error >and ...

For Sale: Eudora 5.1
Recently I switched to GNU/Linux and became a happy user of Evolution for e-mail. However, this leaves me with a valid but unused copy of Eudora 5.1.1 for Windows. It's not boxed--but was purchased online. The registration was made for 5.1.0 and is valid for 5.1.1. So that it doesn't go to waste, I offer it for one US dollar or one euro to anyone who wants it. Payment can be made via PayPal, Paymate Express, or e-gold. The buyer will receive my registration key and, should it be required, I'll upload the 5.1.1 setup file to my website temporarily and send a private link f...

Eudora 6.1.1.1 new mail alert issues
I am on my third email in three weeks to support on these issues. I think their email support just sends it to the bit bucket. To date, I have had zero response back. Getting frustrated that I paid for this program and getting zero support. Unfortunatly I can't call them when they are open. Issues are: 1) When only Junk mail is received, the attention sound is played. The attention sound will play if you have any unread messages in any folder (including Junk). As your mail is filtered, it places your spam in your junk folder and leaves the messages with the status "unread". A workaround (I found in this newsgroup) is to turn off the attention sound and create a folder + filter to move your mail from your inbox and play a sound. Ok.. a pretty ugly hack, but works. They could solve the attention sound issue by playing the sound when the "new mail has arrived" icon appears in the system tray instead of checking for unread messages. 2) Eudora claims new messages have arrived in the system tray icon, but when you open up Eudora, nothing appears to have arrived. Looks like it is just counting the new messages downloaded, but doesn't subtract what was filtered to the junk folder. Not sure what to do here as it is cricitcal for me to be alerted when NEW and VALID email has arrived, not JUNK and UNREAD messages. Any ideas? Hi, 6.1.2 is out. I heard it fixed some address book is...

Eudora 5.2.1; Queued Mail Duplicates Text
[[I've gone back to 5.2.1]] Eudora 5.2.1 -- paid version MIME encoding set sending email as plain text only quoted-printable is not set Here's the problem I've been having, but only recently decided to look into: When I queue an email for delivery, and open that queued email before it is sent, the body of the email duplicates itself. For example: If I queue an email with the body: Eins Zwei Drei and I reopen the queued, unsent, email, I body of the email becomes: Eins Zwei Drei Eins Zwei Drei Sure, I've been just deleting the extraneous ...

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so they'll be available in Mozilla as well? -- Hallvard Hallvard Tangeraas <inv@lid.email> wrote in news:4178ef3a$1@news.broadpark.no: > In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the > attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message > itself, encoded in BASE-64. > > > How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so > they'll be available in Mozilla as well? > > Hi. Try this plugin http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/plugins.htm#exporter -- mailto:bujenovicAThotmail.com http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/index Brana Bujenovic wrote: > Hallvard Tangeraas <inv@lid.email> wrote in > news:4178ef3a$1@news.broadpark.no: >> How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so >> they'll be ...

Installing Eudora 5.1 on new PC with Windows 7
I have been using Eudora 5.1 on a PC with XP. I just purchased a PC with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and would like to try to continue using 5.1. From reading some posts, I think I got the gist of the install process, but if there is a step by step guide it would be greatly apprecaited. One thing I did not understand was to move the "data" file from the XP machine to the new machine. I looked under the "documents and settings/ UserName/applicationdata" folder and could not find a folder named "data" or Qualcom or Eudora. Was this only for later versions? All of the 5.1 files seem to be under ProgramFiles/Qualcom\Eudora. What files should be moved over to the new installation? I understand it will install to a differently named directory, e.g. Program Files (x86) and that as a result old attachments will no longer be attached. Thanks in adavnce for any guidance or help. Lew Siegel On Tue, 15 May 2012 09:09:29 -0700 (PDT), Lew Siegel <lwsesq@gmail.com> declaimed the following in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows: > I have been using Eudora 5.1 on a PC with XP. I just purchased a PC > with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and would like to try to continue using 5.1. > I'd have to ask: why? Even my XP machine runs 6.2.3.4. For my new Win7 machine I downloaded 7.x and found a post with a "user registration" (I think it was "Eudora User" <G>). > > One thing I did not understa...

Eudora 5.1 suddenly stops seeing mail folders
A weird one. I give tech support to a university facutly and lately (after switching to Acrive Directory) a handful of our staff have had the 'missing folders' problem. Mailboxes can still be seen, but *.fol folders are no longer visible. I've found that re-creating them remotely and copying the mailboxes into the new folder (slightly different name, of course) has worked on a couple of occasions, but I've just had to re-create 18 flippin' folders from WITHIN Eudora as that was the only way to get it to see them. What gives? Any hints? Wreckage <mj.wade@...

2nd e-mail account using Eudora 5.1?
Using Win98S; Eudora 5.1.1 We have been getting lots and lots of spam at our current e-mail address. I want to set up another account/persona on Eudora 5.1. I'd like to keep the current address for some weeks, checking both, before closing the older one. Is that possble? I have set up a 2nd acount with my ISP. If it is possible, how do I configure/use Eudora to check both accounts? I get far enough to have Eudora check mail for the New account, but I get this error message: "New, Logging into POP Server, PASS ... There has been an error transferring your mail. I said: PASS <shhh! Dont' tell anyone.> and then the POP server (ournewaccount@mail.velocitus.net) said: ERR Login failed." I kept the same domain with the new user name, even though I could have chosen a different one. Hoping someone can help me. Thanks! Ginny On 16 Jul 2004 11:21:18 -0700, Ginny <tgbiggs@rica.net> wrote: > Using Win98S; Eudora 5.1.1 > > We have been getting lots and lots of spam at our current e-mail > address. I want to set up another account/persona on Eudora 5.1. I'd > like to keep the current address for some weeks, checking both, before > closing the older one. Is that possble? > > I have set up a 2nd acount with my ISP. If it is possible, how do I > configure/use Eudora to check both accounts? > > I get far enough to have Eudora check mail for the New account, but I > ge...

Losing Mail on New Eudora 7.1.0.9
Just upgraded to Eudora 7.1.0.9 and am using Mail Washer Pro 4.1. I can turn off mail washer and check for mail in Eudora. Eudora shows 6 new messages in the system tray however when I get the messages I see only one new message. Where did the other 5 go? With Mail Washer off and 6 messages to process I'd think I would see all 6 messages. Any help would be appreciated. I understand that Eudora and Mail Washer are two separate programs and that On Process Mail in Mail Washer all Mail Washer does is delete the marked messages and start Eudora. Eudora should then pick up all the me...

Outlook 2003, Eudora Pro 5.1, MS Explorer weirdness
I recently picked up a copy of Outlook 2003 and imported data from Eudora Pro 5.1, which didn't go perfectly but reasonably well. I'm running XP Pro. On the browser I went to tools|Internet options|programs and switched from Eudora to Outlook as the email default. Back to the browser, I select tools|mail and news|send a page (and/or send a link). Oddly, Eudora Pro continues to launch instead of Outlook. Yet when I launch Eudora Pro independently, it recognizes that it is no longer the default mailer, and do I want it to be? I say no. I tried rebooting, soft and hard, in ...

Eudora 5.2.1 in windows XP -high CPU usage!!
I've seen a couple of posts on this matter and still nobody has been able to hit on the actual cause of the problem. The cause seems to be Eudora's handling of the display adapter. When using Eudora 5.x in windows XP inexplicably it uses an excessive amount of CPU time to check mail, open up a new (blank) message, etc. The slower the CPU the slower this gets. On my home PC we are talking about 1 second delay tops, but at the office (AMD Duron 800 Mhz) it can be 5 seconds after clicking the check mail button (or pressing ctrl-m, or simply waiting for the auto-check to occur...

Web resources about - Eudora 5.1 Loses Embedded Pics - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

GNOME Mobile & Embedded Initiative - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... about the topic. If notability cannot be established, the article is likely to be merged , redirected , or deleted . The GNOME Mobile & Embedded ...

Instagram Videos, Photos Can Now Be Embedded
When Facebook introduced Video on Instagram last month, one of the most notable absent features was the ability to embed that content elsewhere ...

Embedded Posts Now Available to Everyone
We introduced Embedded Posts in July to make it easy for publishers to add any public post from Facebook to their blog or web site. Today, we're ...

Facebook gives embedded posts a visual renovation
Post by ESPN . Facebook rolled out embedded posts last year , and today the company has announced a more aesthetic redesign . Now, photos and ...

Embedded.com (@embedded_com) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Embedded.com @ embedded_com ...

Rich photo experience now in embedded Tweets - Twitter Blogs
Every day, publishers and journalists all over the world share the best of Twitter with their readers by embedding Tweets in their articles. ...

Embedded Timelines - Twitter Developers
Overview Embeddable timelines make it easy to syndicate any public Twitter timeline to your website with one line of code. Just like timelines ...

Embedded Systems Design - LinkedIn
Embedded Systems Design was created specifically to meet the information needs of the senior-level developers who create complex embedded systems. ...

App Store - Embedded Computing Design
Get Embedded Computing Design on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

VIA Embedded booth digital home - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Stylish, discreet digital home automation, security and entertainment solutions on show at the VIA Embedded booth at Computex 2009