Eudora 7.1 and Win 7 x 64: problem on cheking. help!

Hi, I have formatted my hard drive and after installing Eudora 7.1,
Eudora doesn't works fine. It doesn't chek emails. I am able to send
email but I don't receive them.
I have disabled Avira and I have unistalle Edurora some times and
installed it.
In your opinon what is my problem?
Thanks
0
ijones

ijones@jejejeje.it wrote in news:26ras69eah5lbqnnkpac2bkdv3ectphfgs@
4ax.com:

> Hi, I have formatted my hard drive and after installing Eudora 7.1,
> Eudora doesn't works fine. It doesn't chek emails. I am able to send
> email but I don't receive them.
> I have disabled Avira and I have unistalle Edurora some times and
> installed it.
> In your opinon what is my problem?
> Thanks

IMO, there is a mistake in your setup.  You may have an error in typing in
the server address, your username, your password or the authentication
protocol.  Many (not all) email servers use different data to access
received email from the way they send.  Without knowing details of your
email server, it is impossible to further help.  I doubt that your email
address in the header is a real address.

--
Best regards
Han

>>IMO, there is a mistake in your setup.  You may have an error in
>>typing in the server address, your username, your password or the
>>authentication protocol.  Many (not all) email servers use different
>>data to access received email from the way they send.  Without knowing
>>details of your email server, it is impossible to further help.  I
>>doubt that your email address in the header is a real address.
>
> It is impossible. I have just written fine the email address, etc.
> I also have done a try: I have copied Eudora.ini from old Eudora to
> new installation but I have this problem.

What is your operating system?  There are new, strict rules in Win7 that
are different from XP or Vista.

Also, is downloading email via pop or imap?  Imap is sometimes difficult
to set up.

Sorry, my Italian isn't good enough to read the interfree.it webpage to
search for their requirements for setup.  I suggest that you get another
email address (hotmail, yahoo, or gmail) to set up as pop email and see
whether that works.

--
Best regards
Han
>IMO, there is a mistake in your setup.  You may have an error in typing in
>the server address, your username, your password or the authentication
>protocol.  Many (not all) email servers use different data to access
>received email from the way they send.  Without knowing details of your
>email server, it is impossible to further help.  I doubt that your email
>address in the header is a real address.

It is impossible. I have just written fine the email address, etc.
I also have done a try: I have copied Eudora.ini from old Eudora to
new installation but I have this problem.
0
ijones
5/7/2011 8:28:26 PM
>Sorry, my Italian isn't good enough to read the interfree.it webpage to
>search for their requirements for setup.  I suggest that you get another
>email address (hotmail, yahoo, or gmail) to set up as pop email and see
>whether that works.

Sorry sorry sorry, you are right.
I had problem with Windows 7 firewall. I have solved it and now Eudora
works fine.
Thanks!!
0
ijones
5/7/2011 10:24:00 PM
ijones@jejejeje.it wrote in news:rhhbs69lu78dnoa2k12853pi8l3ae0cgfc@
4ax.com:

>>Sorry, my Italian isn't good enough to read the interfree.it webpage to
>>search for their requirements for setup.  I suggest that you get another
>>email address (hotmail, yahoo, or gmail) to set up as pop email and see
>>whether that works.
>
> Sorry sorry sorry, you are right.
> I had problem with Windows 7 firewall. I have solved it and now Eudora
> works fine.
> Thanks!!

Great news!  Thanks for letting us know!

Enjoy Eudora and
Ciao!!

--
Best regards
Han

Windows 7 and Eudora 7.1: problems, problems and problems.
Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first day I have problem with Eudora 7.1. My problems are when Eudora downloads emails. I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again regularly. Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download. Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again. Always the same problem. Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same probl...

Problems With In, Out, Trash, Junk mailboxes moving Eudora 7.1 Paid from Windows 7 Ultra to Windows 8 Home
I used the Eudora setup file to set it up on the new computer. Then I copie= d over all of the files from my program directory on my Win 7 Ultimate to m= y Win 8 computer. When I start Eudora everything is there ( many, many mail= boxes, personalities, signatures, etc. except the In, Out, Junk and Trash f= iles are empty. I used this procedure for moving Eudora whenever I upgraded= computers. It has always worked before. All of my mailboxes are in the Eu= dora folder. Can anyone help me with this? On Monday, April 29, 2013 8:05:53 PM UTC-7, mortr...@gmail.com wrote: > I used the ...

Eudora 7.1 and Windows 7?
Hi, do you know if Eudora 7.1 works fine with Windows 7? Thanks On 27 Dec 2009 in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows, wrote: > Hi, do you know if Eudora 7.1 works fine with Windows 7? I run it on Win 7 Enterprise 64 with no problems. Just make sure that the data files are separate from the program files. -- Joe Makowiec http://makowiec.org/ Email: http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe Usenet Improvement Project: http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/ >Just make sure that >the data files are separate from the program files. What do you mean precisely please? thanks...

Migrating from Eudora 7.1.0.9 to Eudora OSE
I've been running Eudora 7.1.0.9 on Windows 7 64-bit systems for a couple o= f years now. It took me a while to work out that it worked better if I installed it at= =20 C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\Eudora but once I'd worked that out it worked fine. Sadly, I've had to change my information provider, and Eudora couldn't pick= up e-mail from the new information provider. I tried installing Thunderbird, but it wouldn't import my mail folders (whi= ch are big and complicated) even after I'd cleaned them up with Eudora Resc= ue. Eudora 7.1.0.9 reads ...

Eudora 7.1: I'm very tired with certificate ERRORS. Always problems.... problems ... problems.help!
Hi, I use Eudora 7.1 and every week I get this cerificate error (rejected): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58542060/Screening/Eudora%202.jpg I have many gmail accunts and every time I have to enter into "Last SSL info" and to click on the "add to trusted" button, click on the appropriate buttons to get out of the properties. I have two PC and I have the same problems with them. Every week I get those problems with all my accounts. Can I solve this problem finally? Otherwise they are forced to replace Eudora with anothe email client. Thanks for some info. O...

Win 7 crash, Eudora 7 missing mail
Hi, Win 7 Pro, Eudora 7 This morning I had some kind of Win 7 crash after intalling a Java update. After getting the system back up, all my Eudora 7 boxes are missing mail, they do not show any entries after 2013/12/27, both in and out boxes are missing entries after the above date. First I copied the whole Eudora folder as a backup. Then as a test I tried deleting In.toc and recreating it, makes no difference. The Eudora folder shows the following Inbox filesfiles In.mbx 1/16/2014 18,864kb In.toc 1/16/2014 507kb In.mbx.001 12/27/2013 20,214kb In.mbx.002 12/24/2013 25,271kb ...

Eudora 7.1.0.9 on Windows 7
Hello, I just got a new PC with Windows 7. I've read numerous messages about Eudora on Windows 7. I went ahead and installed it. It is functioning. It has downloaded messages from one account. I am looking for the folder with the .mbx and .toc files. According to the info when I launch Eudora, it is supposed to be in the C:/......AppData....folder. But I do not have a folder by that name. Where are my messages going? Is this a hidden folder? Thanks Donna <dhughes@uri.edu> wrote in news:fceef031-7641-451a-87b9-518e2df60c51 @l32g2000prn.googlegroups.com: > Hello, I ...

How stop Eudora 7.1 from starting when Windows 7 starts?
I must admit that I originally set Eudora to start when Windows 7 starts - but can't remember how. I can't find it as an option in the Tools>Options and it's not in the Startup group. Where else might it be? Thanks...... On 8/01/2011 7:54 PM: > I must admit that I originally set Eudora to start when Windows 7 starts > but can't remember how. I can't find it as an option in Tools > Options True, there is no such option. I don't recall any email program having such an option. > and it's not in the Startup group. Where else might it...

Trying to install Eudora 7 on Windows 7 64 bit
Hi, I'm having trouble moving Eudora 7 to my new Windows 7 desktop, was previou= sly using on a Win XP computer. The info I've found elsewhere says just ins= tall it. It installs fine, no problem there. I installed it so that all the= files, including data are in the Eudora root directory, rather than the da= ta directory that Win 7 wants to put it in. Since that's the way it was in = my WinXP computer, I thought bring my existing data over would be simpler. = Looking in Help/About confirms that Eudora is looking in the right place fo= r the data. So I copied all the ...

Eudora 7.1: Out mailbox problem. help!
Hi, I use Eudora 7.1 and today I get this problem on Out mailbox. I attach the pic: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58542060/Screening/Out%20Mailbox.jpg On Out mailbox, can I solve this problem and get the same icons I had before that problem? thanks ...

Eudora 7.1.0.7 Beta (Windows) now available
No one else seems to have mentioned it so.. Download from... http://www.eudora.com/cgi-bin/export.cgi?productid=EUDORA_win_7107 And the release notes are here... http://www.eudora.com/download/eudora/windows/7.1/beta/RelNotes7.txt Allan -- Please use the "Reply To" address for emails. "Allan Girvan" <dead_letter_box@btinternet.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:efhn21.2hc.1@ID-66775.user.dfncis.de... > No one else seems to have mentioned it so.. > > Download from... > > http://www.eudora.com/cgi-bin/export.cgi?productid=EUDOR...

New Settings for Eudora v.7.1.0.9/Windows 7
I have been using Eudora since first launched by Qualcom and it now contains thousands of files; consequently, at age 81 I do not wish to change it to a new application. I have had no problems with it until recently (at about the same time as Heartbleed) The smtp and pop settings have stopped working and I cannot send or receive messages. Will someone please send to me the current Eudora smtp and pop SSL settings? I am also having similar problems wit MailListKing which may or may not be connected. On Tue, 6 May 2014 05:24:28 -0700 (PDT), trummel@contracabal.eu wrote: >I ...

Eudora 7.1 and Gmail.: SSL problem. help!
Hi, I use Eudora with two PC and with one PC I have nor problems but with second PC I get problems. I get problem with gmail email. When I chen message Eudora open a page with these writings: The Server's SSL certificate was rejected for the following reason: One certificate in the server cert chain has Expired. Do you want to trust this certificate in future sessions? Certificate: Data: Version: 3 (0x2) Serial Number: 903804111 (0x35def4cf) Signature Algorithm: sha1WithRSAEncryption Issuer: C=US, O=Equifax, OU=Equifax Secure Certificate A...

Eudora 7.1.0.9 on windows 7 connection closed by foreign host
I can't receive any mail due to this error. How can I correct this problem? Thanks, John On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 18:22:12 -0600 > I can't receive any mail due to this error. ["connection closed by foreign host"] > How can I correct this problem? The information thus far given is approximately 0% of what would be needed to even begin to diagnose the issue, comparable to "I'm not feeling well" as the only information given to a physician. "Follow the setup instructions of your ISP" (sbcglobal?) is about as far as I ...

Web resources about - Eudora 7.1 and Win 7 x 64: problem on cheking. help! - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Thermomix, Dyson, HTC: The ethical problem with our electronics
IT IS the dirty price we pay for our electronic goods.

Deutsche's problems reverberate through global banks
Concerns that the European Central Bank might have to support Deutsche Bank reverberated into Australia's banking sector on Tuesday.

Q&A producer reveals 'disturbing' women problem
Producer Amanda Collinge lists the "disturbing" reasons many women refuse to appear on the talk show.

Manus Island asylum seekers given anti-malarial drug known to cause mental health problems; Immigration ...
The Immigration Department moves to offer asylum seekers on Manus Island alternatives to a controversial anti-malarial drug known to cause or ...

FishbowlNY Newsstand: New Hampshire’s Problem
FishbowlNY Newsstand: New Hampshire’s Problem

Scion FR-S recalled for key interlock problem
Filed under: Recalls , Scion , Safety , Coupe , Performance Scion is recalling the 2013-2016 FR-S because drivers with an automatic gearbox might ...

It’s a Societal Addiction Problem When It is White People
And a crime spree when they are black. The front page of my local tv station’s website has this taking up valuable real estate : From the comments ...

Maersk CEO warns about problems facing global trade - Business Insider Deutschland
The CEO of the world's biggest shipping company warned that conditions for global trade were worse than during the height of the 2008 financial ...

New Hampshire has a big drug problem
For the first time since 2008, New Hampshire residents see a bigger problem than jobs and the economy for the state.