Eudora can't write to file so can't start

I start Eudora. I get the mailbox In has been changed and is different
from the table of contents error. I click rebuild. I get the error
message saying can'r open file eudora\attachablah-blah (loads of
sgquiggle charcters I can't recreate).
I click ok and get an unhandled exception error. Then I get the
illegal operation closing down error. then we cycle endlessly though
it.
I can't get Eudora started and would be grateful for ideas.
Thanks in advance,

BB
0
Big

Big Bill <kruse@cityscape.co.uk> wrote in

> I start Eudora. I get the mailbox In has been changed and is different
> from the table of contents error. I click rebuild. I get the error
> message saying can'r open file eudora\attachablah-blah (loads of
> sgquiggle charcters I can't recreate).
> I click ok and get an unhandled exception error. Then I get the
> illegal operation closing down error. then we cycle endlessly though
> it.
> I can't get Eudora started and would be grateful for ideas.
> Thanks in advance,
>
> BB

Assuming that Eudora is not running (all renaming operations etc should be
done with Eudora *NOT* running).
Further assuming you do NOT have a virus.

Copy/Backup the in.mbx and in.toc files to another location.
Then delete the in.toc, and retry opening Eudora.

If another error comes up, you have to rename the in.mbx file to something
like in-old.mbx.  Then restart Eudora.

Now you may be able to open the mailbox in-old from within Eudora.
If that results in an error, you may have to close Eudora and open the in-
old.mbx file in Notepad, and try finding an offensive message in there.
Hint:  It should be close to (datewise later than) the last message you
remember as seeing OK.

--
Best regards
Han
Big Bill <kruse@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> I start Eudora. I get the mailbox In has been changed and is different
> from the table of contents error. I click rebuild. I get the error
> message saying can'r open file eudora\attachablah-blah (loads of
> sgquiggle charcters I can't recreate).
> I click ok and get an unhandled exception error. Then I get the
> illegal operation closing down error. then we cycle endlessly though
> it.

Look for unprocessed spool files in your spool subdirectory. If you find
any, use a text editor to see what they are. If you find the one with the
above attachment in it, get rid of it and see if that cures the problem.

--
Katrina

0
Katrina

Forget "Why Can't Johnny Read?" ... Why Can't Eudora Read?
I have a script which writes a MIME-formatted email containing both text and HTML. It works perfectly with all email clients with the exception of the free version of Eudora. As many of you no doubt are aware, a multipart/alternative email is constructed with two or more parts: (1) text for mail clients unable to read HTML and (2) HTML. Eudora is one of the clients which cannot read HTML. So does it read the text version of the multipart/alternative email? Of course not. It tries to read the 2nd part which is the HTML and fails ... thus displaying a table as if it were text. Eudora liter...

config.sys corrupted; can't fix; can't start windows 2000
The computer attempts to open windows 2000 pro and gets hung up with the message that winn config.sus is corrupted. I tried booting from the win 2000 cd-rom and then creating floppy boot disks. The computer won't recognize or run off of these. Rename the Config.sys file in the root directly to ConfigOLD.sys. See if the machine will boot without it for now. Any release of NT should be able to. If you work out for sure that the Config.sys file is faulty, you can go in with your text editor, and troubleshoot it. You will need the base knowledge to work in this file. Jerry G. ======== ...

Can't Boot Up - Missing NTSDAPI.dll file
Hello, Someone please help me! I re-booted my computer last night after it hung up, and now it won't start up at all. I'm on Windows XP Home Media Center edition. The message I get after the windows screen is: "lsass.exe can't start...file NTSDAPI.dll missing..." After I click ok throught this message box...nothing. Just a black screen, although my wireless mouse functions fine - I can move my pointer about. Any pointers to get me started on figuring this out would be apprciated, it doesn't have to be a step by stop solution. Thanks!! Anthony Anthony wrote: ...

mysqld Can't start server: can't create PID file: Permission denied
I am kind of stuck and not sure why I can't start the mysqld sever. Here is my logs and folder permissions. [root@dev me]# /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /home/me/mysql/data STOPPING server from pid file /home/me/mysql/data/dev.pid 071117 20:53:26 mysqld ended /home/me/mysql/data/dev.err: 071117 20:53:26 mysqld started 071117 20:53:26 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Can't create/write to file '/home/me/mysql/data/dev.pid' (Errcode: 13) 071117 20:53:26 [ERROR] Can't start server: can't create PID file: Permission denied 071...

Can't start xemacs
Hi - Running Slackware 10.1 and just installed xemacs. Won't start can't find lib libaudio.so.2. Any ideas? Googled and couldn't find anything relevent. Thanks John John <segmentdump@chello.se> writes: > > Running Slackware 10.1 and just installed xemacs. Won't start can't > find lib libaudio.so.2. Any ideas? It sounds like perhaps you installed a binary that was compiled against NAS. If you want XEmacs to have sound, I think you'll have to install that too http://radscan.com/nas.html If you don't care about sound in XEmacs, the...

PC freezes on start up, can't restore, can't install
Help! Just to clarify what we have so far; We have a eMachines P4 2.2ghz 80gb hd 256mb ram 64mb graps. Running xp sp1 we have a multimedia keyboard On start up the pc had been flashing up a "hotkey keyboard" icon in the menu bar at the bottom of the desktop, it went away almost immediately and carried on booting up, recently it was staying there and freezing the pc, we unplugged the speakers and the games pad and it seemed to do the job, it worked ok for about 6 weeks, then the icon stayed on...freezing the pc and making the monitor black out! We could manually switch the pc off by ...

Windows "routing" server separating two subnets
Gurus, I have a small lab with a bunch of servers setup on two different subnets, 192.168.1.1 is the gateway for one and 172.16.1.1 is the gateway for the other. Installed on my Router (Windows Server with three NICs - I know, please don't comment on this, it's is for learning purposes, not production), the third NIC is the gateway to the Internet. What works: The Router server can reach the Internet as well as the computers in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (the first subnet built). What's broken: The computers on the 172.16.1.0/16 subnet cannot get to the Inter...

Windows "routing" server separating two subnets
Gurus, I have a small lab with a bunch of servers setup on two different subnets, 192.168.1.1 is the gateway for one and 172.16.1.1 is the gateway for the other. Installed on my Router (Windows Server with three NICs - I know, please don't comment on this, it's is for learning purposes, not production), the third NIC is the gateway to the Internet. What works: The Router server can reach the Internet as well as the computers in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (the first subnet built). What's broken: The computers on the 172.16.1.0/16 subnet cannot get to the Inter...

Can't see all of the queries when merging to MS Word and can't get to reports
I'm working with a database developed by an untrained person over several years - and on a network that has recently been upgraded with a new server installed and MS office upgraded from 2K (I think - it might have been XP) to 2003. The database is impressive, both in what it does and the obtuse and inconsistent ways it works. There are several hundred queries, for example, with no indication of where they are used or if they are in fact necessary at all... The database is for the local Hospice service, and their entire operation is based on it - from patient records to donations. The ...

Eudora 7. I can send mail but can't receive it!
I recently reinstalled my OS (win 98SE) and downloaded and installed Eudora 7 (sponsored). During the installation I don't remember being asked for a password for email at Eudora, and I suspect that is the problem. The reinstallation of the OS wiped the drive clean. I originated a letter in Eudora, and when I clicked SEND, a pop-up asked for my password at cox.net. I entered the password and the mail was sent okay, But when I click " check mail" I don't get a request for a password, and the machine just sits there without downloading my mail. What am I doing...

squid can't start, can't bind to port
I have a CentOS 5.2 server that for several weeks has been running squid on port 9765 with no problem (only accepting requests from certain external IPs). Some time yesterday it stopped working, and attempts to start squid now say only: [root@hostname28043 squid]# service squid start Starting squid: .................... [FAILED] The last lines of the cache.log file (whose dates correspond to the last time I attempted to start squid) say: 2009/02/10 03:48:20| Starting Squid Cache version 2.6.STABLE6 for i686- redhat-li nux-gnu... 2009/02/10 03:48:20| Process ID 3306 20...

Can't access Yahoo games via proxy and can't access Pop3 mail
Hi... I have two Pc's. One connects directly to the internet while the other PC connects to the one with internet connection. I'm sharing the internet connection via proxy using Wingate. MY question is, how come the other PC can't access Yahoo games ? Is it because of the Java applet ? It states something like firewall and a few other reasons which i can't remember...anyone knows ? And another thing, i can't access my Pop3 mail and Smtp mail server via proxy connection...again...i'm using Wingate. Pls advise. Thanks. Rgds, Kevin ...

Can't access Yahoo games via proxy and can't access Pop3 mail
Hi... I have two Pc's. One connects directly to the internet while the other PC connects to the one with internet connection. I'm sharing the internet connection via proxy using Wingate. MY question is, how come the other PC can't access Yahoo games ? Is it because of the Java applet ? It states something like firewall and a few other reasons which i can't remember...anyone knows ? And another thing, i can't access my Pop3 mail and Smtp mail server via proxy connection...again...i'm using Wingate. Pls advise. Thanks. Rgds, Kevin ...

Can't Print, Can't Forward
Dear LN Experts, I have a simple Lotus Notes database containing a form with several fields but no subforms. In production, the application does not allow anyone to print documents created with the main form or to forward them via email. I have checked each field individually and confirmed that the form security setting allows printing and forwarding and I am at a loss to resolve the problem. Although I am a manager in the db, I myself am not allowed to print a document. The print option is grey in the file menu. If I create a new document, enter some data and save it,...

Can't do math. Can't read.
Can't do math. Can't read. We must be talking about Snit. LOL! ...

OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them...
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-1024234.html Is Google's cache cutting a cash flow? By Stefanie Olsen CNET News.com July 10, 2003, 7:03 AM PT Quote: "Many of us copyright lawyers have been waiting for this issue to come up: Google is making copies of all the Web sites they index and they're not asking permission," said Fred von Lohman, an attorney at the Electronic Frontier Foundation. "From a strict copyright standpoint, it violates copyright." * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://rave...

[News] Breaking Evil Myths: Linux Users Can't Play; Can't Run Windows Applications
Because penguins need to play too. ,----[ Quote ] | The Windows camp have a lot of great games to play and a popular | misconception is that Linux is lacking in games. That is not true. | There are literally thousands of games for Linux. In fact a lot of | them have been ported to Windows too. | | [...] | | There are both free and commercial games available. Some of the best | ones I really like are America's Army, Tremulous and Enemy Territory. `---- http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/locutus/archives/because-penguins-need-to-play-too-14767 Run Windows Apps on Linux using 2X Applicat...

Re: OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them...
Does that mean that every PC that maintains a cache of web content is violating copyright ? -----Original Message----- From: Mark Wonsil [mailto:wonsil@4m-ent.com] Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 10:40 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: [HP3000-L] OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them... http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-1024234.html Is Google's cache cutting a cash flow? By Stefanie Olsen CNET News.com July 10, 2003, 7:03 AM PT Quote: "Many of us copyright lawyers have been waiting for this issue to come up: Google is making cop...

Re: OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them...
Mark writes: > Is Google's cache cutting a cash flow? But on the positive side, last week the federal 9th circuit court affirmed that offering "thumbnails" of graphic images is "fair use"... http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/07/07/2141216 G. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

iBlog: can't preview, can't publish
I've done a very simple Blog, when I click on preview, I have a little wheel near the preview turning around for ever, nothing happens. Same problem with the Publish function. Using iBlog 1.3.9/panther and a .mac accont. I've set everything like they say. -- *** remove "_no_junk" for mail replies *** ...

Why can't my serial driver can't keep up?
Hi, I'm trying to write a serial driver for Linux 2.6.7 on an Intel Xscale PXA255 for a custom UART implemented in an FPGA. The UART is accessed through the PCI bus and seems to be working correctly. I'm testing out the driver by sending it 260,000 bytes at 19200 no parity, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit. Unfortunately it doesn't always receive all the data. It frequently is missing a block of about 30-100 bytes. I set up the UART to be 64 bytes deep and interrupt the processor when the FIFO gets 14 bytes full, but I think something is delaying my ISR because the data is mis...

Can't cd , can't use wildcard
Hi , I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whenever I try to "cd" into some of the directories(which exist), I get an "Invalid directory". I can use to get into few of the directories(using cd) but for other it just says "Invalid directory". Moreover, I can't use any wildcard characters..(*, ? etc) at all.. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks Arun On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:13:52 GMT, Arun Goel <arun.goel@sbcglobal.net> wrote the following to comp.os.msdos.misc: > Hi , > > I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whene...

Re: OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them... #2
> -----Original Message----- > From: John Lee [mailto:jlee@vaskecomputer.com] > Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 11:41 AM > To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU > Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, > can't shoot > them... > > > Good question. And what if it's a cookie? And how do you > determine that? > And if I get a cookie that I didn't "authorize", am I entitled to > compensation for rental use of my disk space? > > John Lee Or worse yet, what if it's one of these: Hackers Hi...

Can't set Eudora as default mail program in Windows XP
I'm using Eudora 6 and Windows XP. I've done all the regular stuff to make Eudora the default mailer in Windows XP (gone into Control Panel, clicked on Internet Options, clicked on Programs, selected Eudora from the list). Also did all the Eudora stuff, like when it comes up after a new install and the panel says "Select Eudora as default mailer?" I've clicked all the right places. A kind person suggested the following: In Eudora, go to Tools | Options | Extra Warnings, and under Warn me when I: Start Eudora and it's not the default mailer and check that item. Close Eudora. Open it again. If it warns you that it is not the default mailer, follow whatever bouncing ball shows up Did that. Nada Investigating further, it appears that Eudora is not correctly entered into the Windows Registry, probably because of a crash and complete reinstall I did sometime back. Any ideas? I'm utterly ignorant of the Windows registry, but I'm willing to use the registry editor to correct it, if someone will tell me the correct things to write. Thanks. ___________________________________________________ Camilla Cracchiolo Registered Nurse Los Angeles, California camilla4@mindspring.com webpage temporarily down Camilla Cracchiolo wrote: > I'm using Eudora 6 and Windows XP. > > I've done all the regular stuff to make Eudora the ...

Web resources about - Eudora can't write to file so can't start - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows