Eudora Crashes Computer while sending - HELP

I recently changed hard drives, and all seemed to go well.  When I
downloaded the latest Eudora (Windows) and moved my mailboxes, .ini,
etc., from the old drive/older version (6.2x) it seemed to work fine
for a few days.

Suddenly, it began intermittently (now almost constant) crashing
Windows with the BSOD.  I can post the full message, but here it is
with an abbreviated first line:

Stop: 0x000000D1 (remainder of line not copied here)
Driver IRQL not less or equal
***Address BFEB1C10 base at BFEA7000, Date Stamp 3eaf051d-NDIS.SYS
Beginning dump of physical memory

Everything else on the computer is working just fine.  I've
uninstalled and rebooted several times, run a very good registry
cleaner, even tried starting over with an older v6.2x.  No change.

I can receive all the email anyone wants to send me, and all my old
mailboxes are intact.  But I can't send.

Oh - one other interesting item: almost every time it's crashed, it
wipes out all my "sent" emails from today back through February or
March of this year (the size of the box is considerably less than it
has been at other times when there have been problems, and well within
the size of when the program ran without any issues.

So: I've got a nice, clean, fully updated version of Windows 2000
(previously so stable I won't change it until I absolutely have to),
and a Eudora that simply won't send email - it crashes the system
after a few moments of trying to send it, and usually loses 6-7 months
of emails in the Sent box.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated - I can't send email (except via
Agent - I refuse to go back to OE).

Thanks,

C.R.

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 23:44:30 -0500, C.R. wrote:

> I recently changed hard drives...

> Suddenly, it began intermittently (now almost constantly)
> crashing Windows with the BSOD:

> Stop: 0x000000D1 (remainder of line not copied here)
> Driver IRQL not less or equal
> ***Address BFEB1C10 base at BFEA7000, Date Stamp 3eaf051d-NDIS.SYS
> Beginning dump of physical memory

NDIS.SYS suggests a network card driver problem or conflict:

http://www.google.com/search?q=3D3eaf051d-NDIS.SYS
http://www.google.com/search?q=3Dndis+bsod
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Driver_Interface_Specification
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/network/ndis/default.mspx
http://www.ndis.com/

A relationship (or adverse interaction) with other drivers may exist, e.=
g.:

"A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (ha=
ng).
Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hard=
ware
to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem
with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver."
http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-37963-ndissys-BSOD.html

Avoiding IRQ conflict via Device Manager settings:
http://www.vladd44.com/other/irq_error.php

Hope this points in a direction towards resolution, and best wishes.

-- =
0
John
9/19/2007 8:03:36 PM
C.R. <keyes04@netscape.net> wrote:

>Oh - one other interesting item: almost every time it's crashed, it
>wipes out all my "sent" emails from today back through February or
>March of this year (the size of the box is considerably less than it
>has been at other times when there have been problems, and well within
>the size of when the program ran without any issues.

Size is only one of the issues with storing email in the system
mailboxes - IN, OUT, TRASH.  The other is that the system
mailboxes are loaded into memory when Eudora starts and stay
there until Eudora is closed.  Normally.  A crash is not
normally.  Which is probably why all your sent emails from today
back to Feb/Mar went away.  A filter to route the mail you send
to one or more mailboxes after the email is actually sent is easy
to create.  I use several, but one just called "Sent" would leave
you better off than you are now.

--
OJ III
0

C.R.

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:03:36 -0500, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers@nomail.invalid> wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 23:44:30 -0500, C.R. wrote:
>
>> Suddenly, it began intermittently (now almost constantly)
>> crashing Windows with the BSOD:
>
>> Stop: 0x000000D1 (remainder of line not copied here)
>> Driver IRQL not less or equal
>> ***Address BFEB1C10 base at BFEA7000, Date Stamp 3eaf051d-NDIS.SYS
>> Beginning dump of physical memory
>
>NDIS.SYS suggests a network card driver problem or conflict:
>
>http://www.google.com/search?q=3eaf051d-NDIS.SYS
>http://www.google.com/search?q=ndis+bsod
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Driver_Interface_Specification
>http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/network/ndis/default.mspx
>http://www.ndis.com/
>
>A relationship (or adverse interaction) with other drivers may exist, e.g.:
>
>"A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang).
>Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware
>to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem
>with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver."
>http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-37963-ndissys-BSOD.html
>
>Avoiding IRQ conflict via Device Manager settings:
>http://www.vladd44.com/other/irq_error.php

[snip]
On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:22:12 -0400, Ogden Johnson III
<oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Size is only one of the issues with storing email in the system
>mailboxes - IN, OUT, TRASH.  The other is that the system
>mailboxes are loaded into memory when Eudora starts and stay
>there until Eudora is closed.  Normally.  A crash is not
>normally.  Which is probably why all your sent emails from today
>back to Feb/Mar went away.  A filter to route the mail you send
>to one or more mailboxes after the email is actually sent is easy
>to create.  I use several, but one just called "Sent" would leave
>you better off than you are now.

Actually, I have a large number of additional boxes, but do keep some
selected emails in my OUT box for quick reference rather than going
looking for them in the other boxes.  To put them all in separate
boxes would solve the problem of losing those sent for the past 6
months or so when the crash occurs (sometimes), but I also need to
solve the problem that's causing it in the first place.

One thing you did do for me was remind me of the filter capability.  I
knew it was there, but way in the far back corners of my brain.  (Use
it or lose it.)  I need to take another look at filters and move "up"
in my use of Eudora in terms of tapping its full capabilities.  I just
got lazy and stayed in a day-to-day routine.  It wasn't "necessary,"
so I went on to other more pressing things and ultimately "forgot"
filters were there an never really learned how to use them (or create
them).

Thanks.

C.R.
On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:03:36 -0500, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers@nomail.invalid> wrote:

>NDIS.SYS suggests a network card driver problem or conflict:

BINGO!  THANK YOU!

That was it.  Going back to the old trusty Intel card instead of the
onboard 3Com interface was all it needed.  Much thanks.

C.R.

Sending Mail from Eudora Through Windows Live
My ISP recently switched over to using Windows Live to handle their email, meaning that I had to change my email settings for both incoming and outgoing mail in Eudora. (I use Eudora Light 6.2.3.4, just to clarify.) After a bit of fiddling, the incoming settings are working properly, but the outgoing settings are not. :/ Here is what they told me to use: Outgoing SMTP Server: smtp.live.com Outgoing SMTP Mail Port: 587 Authentication Required: Yes (Your Windows Live ID and password) TLS/SSL Required: Yes (Select TLS if available, if not select SSL) Under Sending Mail, I'v...

Import mail archives from Eudora 6 for Windows to Eudora 6 for Mac
Good morning/evening everyone ! I am a french user of Eudora, and I encounter this problem : I precedently used Eudora on a Windows plateform ; and now I have bought a Macintosh (^-^) and I would want to recover my mail archives on the Macintosh. Is there a way to import these archives from the Eudora version which is installed on Windows, to the Mac Version ? Thank you for your help (and sorry, really, for my very bad english :/ ) Nakaori In <BBDC2EFB.936F%mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> Mad Youri <mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> wrote: > Good morning/evening ev...

How to transfer mail from Eudora to Eudora?
I need to transfer Eudors mail from one computer to another. Sometimes from my Powerbook 3400c/8.6/Eudora light to my PM 7200/8.6/Eudora Light, sometimes between Mac computers when I am upgrading to a 'new' computer. Is there an easy way way to transfer individual e-mails or the complete file between computers, preferably using zip disks? -- Free men own guns, slaves don't www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/ In article <nhull-D259DD.06454907112005@news1.east.earthlink.net>, Nick Hull <nhull@access4less.net> wrote: > I need to transfer Eudors ma...

Window eudora to Mac eudora
Hi All, I am going to buy a mac Ibook, but currently i am using window, and use the eudora to get email, is it any way to transfer or convert those email to Mac? Thanks in advance, <saipak@alumni.polyu.edu.hk> wrote: > I am going to buy a mac Ibook, but currently i am using window, and use the > eudora to get email, is it any way to transfer or convert those email to > Mac? There are ways to do this quite easily. Others, who have done it, will surely reply here in detail, but in the mean time look at <www.emailman.com/conversion> and see if what you nee...

Windows Eudora to Mac Eudora
Trying to get all my Windows Eudora v7.1 email folders/mailboxes converted to Mac Eudora 6.2 but the instructions on Qualcomm's site are incomplete. Does anyone have a step-by-step solution that they know works? Also - in the Windows version, the mailbox/folder list docks on the left side of the screen (above where Eudora used to have ads. Is there any way in the Mac version to control window placement and docking? One last question - Is this the only place to get active Eudora discussion/user support, or are there other forums for Mac users that are still active? Thanks...

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include t...

Transfering my old Eudora e-mail (on XP) to Windows 7 computer
I have replaced my Windows XP computer with a computer running Windows 7. On my XP computer the Eudora Program was loaded onto the programs area and the data (mbx. toc, etc) were in Application Data area. The file system in Windows 7, is somewhat different. I loaded the program on the program area. I then loaded data on the users area/application data. Apparently, the program is not recognizing the material in the users area/application data. How can I get the Eudora 7.1.9 which installed perfectly, to access the data. Should I place the program and the data in the same Eudo...

Problem with someone taking over my computer and sending outgoing mail in Eudora program
I have a problem with emails going out out from my computer, many of which are returned as undeliverable (as many as hundreds a day!). I have installed Ad-Aware and have found no spyware. I also installed AVG Mal-Ware. Neither has worked. I would appreciate any advice to solve this problem, with thanks! On 4 Apr 2007 11:34:35 -0700, "Robert Fleming" <BettyB.Fleming@verizon.net> wrote: >I have a problem with emails going out out from my computer, many of >which are returned as undeliverable (as many as hundreds a day!). I >have installed Ad-Aware and h...

Eudora Mac vs Eudora Windows
My husband uses Eudora 5 (sponsored) on his Mac (OS9) and Outlook on his Windows XP machine at work. He wants me to install Eudora at work because he hates Outlook. Most of his contacts are the same at home and office, so can I just drop a copy of his Eudora Address Book file into his Windows machine or is the Windows version a different type of file? If this can be done, where on the PC should I look for the Address Book to replace with the Mac file? nosredna <nosredna@suscom.net> wrote: > My husband uses Eudora 5 (sponsored) on his Mac (OS9) and Outlook on his >...

Eudora for Windows mailboxes to Eudora for Mac
My searching has found numerous who have experienced my problem, but never a conclusion on how they fixed it. I've been using Eudora on Windows for many, many years... have several GB of email... and now I want to switch my environment over to Mac OS X... but my mail has to switch. Either Eudora for Mac or Apple Mail... but neither seems to import Eudora for Windows mail! Argh! Anyway, I've tried numerous things... including, of course, following the directions provided by Eudora, the directions found on MacNN, and directions found here. I've pulled over all the ...

Getting Eudora Mail to Apple Mail from A Different Computer
i have tons of email in my Eudora program on my old iMac which i need to transfer somehow into my Apple email program on my Powerbook. can someone PLEASE tell me how best to do this? i created a network between the Powerbook and the iMac but when i opened the Eudora program on the iMac, there were no messages in it. however, as soon as i disconnected the network, i was able to see all the mail in the iMac Eudora program. i have no idea why. perhaps someone would be kind enough to explain and also how to transfer all this stuff. thanx. Hi, > i have tons of email in my E...

eudora crashes on send
I have Eudora, version 6.2.1.2 (sponsored mode). I have been using it with no trouble for some time now (hence haven't upgraded to any other version). Tonight I switched my mail server from my university account to my home broadband (ntl). I am receiving messages fine. I can also send short messages with no problems. But whenever I try to send a slightly long message (i.e. 3 paragraphs - not seriously long), it crashes. I get the blue screen flashing, and then the computer restarts. Sometimes after the restart, Eudora is corrupted, and I have to delete the ..toc files f...

Eudora 6.2.5.6, I have it in paid mode even now is free all Eudoras and no longer exists but it was working till two days ago, I can send e-mails from it but cannot receive as I have error 200 saying
Then apear a message saying: the server certificate was rejected for the following reasons : error unknown : then when I click appears : do you want to trust in this certificate for future sessions. then the certicate is displayed as follow: Certificate: Data: Version: 3 (0x2) Serial Number: 903804111 (0x35def4cf) Signature Algorithm: sha1WithRSAEncryption Issuer: C=US, O=Equifax, OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority Validity Not Before: Aug 22 16:41:51 1998 GMT Not After : Aug 22 16:41:51 2018 GMT ...

Export from Eudora to Eudora
Just trying to make a backup copy of all my email address in case of a hard drive crash. What file should I make a copy of? Thanks, Barney In article <Xns9BF9718D533LeicaLeicacom@69.16.185.250>, Leica@Leica.com says... > Just trying to make a backup copy of all my email address in case of a hard > drive crash. > > What file should I make a copy of? Address Book: ============= Should be 3 files total. These files are located in the *EUDORA* directory. Address Book: 1. NNDBASE.TOC - Address Book Table of Contents 2. NNDBASE.T...

Eudora not sending mail
My eudora just started doing this. When I try to send a message, it won't go out, it just queues it in the out box. It won't even send them when I click on "send queued mail" I have other email programs which work on my computer with the same settings. I am a long long time user of Eudora and have reinstalled the program - trashed the prefs, etc, still does it. Anybody had this problem? Thanks for any help. Mac G4 and lastest system software. Michael Michael McCracken <mcdesign@dbtech.net> wrote: > I am a long long time user of Eudora and ...

Web resources about - Eudora Crashes Computer while sending - HELP - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Computer Show

Relive the golden age of computer viruses, without the danger, at the Malware museum
In the early days of computer viruses, a lot of malware had a tendency to announce its presence with some text or a flashy graphic. Now you can ...

Google computers can qualify as drivers says US safety regulator
US vehicle safety regulators have said the artificial intelligence system piloting a self-driving Google car could be considered the driver under ...

Computer simulation fills in the blanks of Neanderthal extinction
A modern human and Neanderthal skull face off. (credit: By hairymuseummatt (original photo), DrMikeBaxter (derivative work) [CC BY-SA 2.0 (h ...

Here's what the old-school computer viruses from the '80s and '90s looked like
Mikko Hyponnen, chief research officer at security firm F-Secure, has been working with computer viruses for over 25 years. Over the course ...

U.S. regulator: A Google computer could qualify as car driver
The U.S. federal transport safety regulator is coming around to the view that rules could be updated so that computers in autonomous cars can ...

Regulators: Google’s Computers Can Be Considered Drivers In Autonomous Vehicles
Just a month after federal regulators took steps to ease restrictions for self-driving cars , the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration ...

Personal Computer And Mobile Phone Growth To Drive Storage Trends
These projections indicate that tablet PCs are merging with mobile PCs and that tablet shipments as a separate category may have peaked with ...