Eudora Pro Problem - Recovering Mail Received During Previous Session (Is causing Eudora to close)

I am a long time Eudora Pro user.  I have never had a problem with it.

I am using Eudora Pro 7.1.0.9.  When downloading my e-mail.  I had an error
message which shut down Eudora Pro.  When I re-opened Eudora Pro there was a
message in the task area which read "recovering mail received during
previous session."  <Dominant>.

When I re-open Eudora Pro I keep getting a message, "Eudora Encounter a
Problem and Needs to Close.  We are Sorry for the Inconvenience."

How can I get out of this error and resume using Eudora Pro?

Should I reinstall Eudora Pro?  If I reinstall Eudora Pro, will I lose all
of my prior mails, filters, and personalities?

Thanks.

Hillel Bodek

0
bodekmsw (1)

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:16:14 -0500, "Hillel Bodek"
<bodekmsw@mindspring.com> wrote:

>I am a long time Eudora Pro user.  I have never had a problem with it.
>
>I am using Eudora Pro 7.1.0.9.  When downloading my e-mail.  I had an error
>message which shut down Eudora Pro.  When I re-opened Eudora Pro there was a
>message in the task area which read "recovering mail received during
>previous session."  <Dominant>.
>
>When I re-open Eudora Pro I keep getting a message, "Eudora Encounter a
>Problem and Needs to Close.  We are Sorry for the Inconvenience."
>
>How can I get out of this error and resume using Eudora Pro?
>
>Should I reinstall Eudora Pro?  If I reinstall Eudora Pro, will I lose all
>of my prior mails, filters, and personalities?

Wherever you have Eudora installed create a new folder: perhaps call it
EudoraBUP and copy all of your existing Eudora files to that new folder.

Then reinstall Eudora over the top of your original installation. That
might fix your problem, but if not your original Eudora settings will be
retained in EudoraBUP.
--

Ian
0

> I am a long time Eudora Pro user.  I have never had a problem with it.
>
> I am using Eudora Pro 7.1.0.9.  When downloading my e-mail.  I had an
> error message which shut down Eudora Pro.  When I re-opened Eudora Pro
> there was a message in the task area which read "recovering mail
> received during previous session."  <Dominant>.
>
> When I re-open Eudora Pro I keep getting a message, "Eudora Encounter
> a Problem and Needs to Close.  We are Sorry for the Inconvenience."
>
> How can I get out of this error and resume using Eudora Pro?
>
> Should I reinstall Eudora Pro?  If I reinstall Eudora Pro, will I lose
> all of my prior mails, filters, and personalities?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Hillel Bodek

Can you use webmail to look at the offending mail?  Or another email
reader?  If you can, deleting it off the server via the ISP's website or
OE may cure the problem.

If it persists, the next step should be to look for rcv files in your
spool directorie(s).  If present, delete them.  If not (who knows?).

No need yet to reinstall, since if there is an offending email on the ISP
server, you have to get rid of that first!

--
Best regards
Han

Before hearing from you, I had previously deleted the offending e-mail from
my ISP's server.  However, that didn't work.

Your recommendation that I delete any .rcv files from the spool folder(s)
was on target.  I removed two .rcv files (one from the spool folder itself,
the other from the folder inside the spool folder for the particular mailbox
which was to receive the offending message).

Thanks

0
Hillel
11/23/2009 2:23:26 PM
On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:16:14 -0500, "Hillel Bodek"
<bodekmsw@mindspring.com> wrote:

>I am a long time Eudora Pro user.  I have never had a problem with it.
>
>I am using Eudora Pro 7.1.0.9.  When downloading my e-mail.  I had an error
>message which shut down Eudora Pro.  When I re-opened Eudora Pro there was a
>message in the task area which read "recovering mail received during
>previous session."  <Dominant>.
>
>When I re-open Eudora Pro I keep getting a message, "Eudora Encounter a
>Problem and Needs to Close.  We are Sorry for the Inconvenience."
>
>How can I get out of this error and resume using Eudora Pro?
>
>Should I reinstall Eudora Pro?  If I reinstall Eudora Pro, will I lose all
>of my prior mails, filters, and personalities?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Hillel Bodek

I had a similar problem with Eudora 5.1 (yeah, I know it's way old).
Something went kablooey and it kept needing to close.  Going into the
Spool directory and deleting the rcv seemed to fix the problem.  You
might try that before you go through the headache of reinstalling.

Todd
0
Todd
11/25/2009 3:29:31 AM
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:23:26 -0500, "Hillel Bodek"
<bodekmsw@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Han,
>
>Before hearing from you, I had previously deleted the offending e-mail from
>my ISP's server.  However, that didn't work.
>
>Your recommendation that I delete any .rcv files from the spool folder(s)
>was on target.  I removed two .rcv files (one from the spool folder itself,
>the other from the folder inside the spool folder for the particular mailbox
>which was to receive the offending message).
>
>Thanks

Worked for me too last year.  When in doubt, delete the rcv.  :-)

Todd
0
Todd
11/25/2009 3:30:16 AM
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:29:31 -0600, Todd wrote:

> I had a similar problem with Eudora 5.1 (yeah, I know it's way old).
> Something went kablooey and it kept needing to close.  Going into the
> Spool directory and deleting the RCV seemed to fix the problem.

By way of further explanation, when Eudora fetches a message from a server,
the unprocessed "original source" first goes into a "spool" file
named NNNNNNNN.RCV, where NNNNNNNN are digits (including hexadecimal digits).

If a message later causes a concussion to Eudora,
while being analyzed and processed, the spool file remains.

Whenever Eudora is launched, it tries to process any such spool files,
which leads to a cycle of re-crashing upon each launch,
until the offending spool file is removed.

This architecture happens to provide a means by which
you can inject the original "source" of any message,
exactly as it may have existed on a server,
or the same "source" as you may view in other email clients
(or in Gmail and some other "webmail" viewers),
and have Eudora process it, just as if it had been
downloaded by Eudora directly from the server,
including the decoding and separate storing
of any attachments or embedded objects.

Simply store the original "source" into a "spool" folder file
named NNNNNNNN.RCV -- you can use any eight digits for NNNNNNNN,
one suggestion for which might be YYMMDDXX (today's date
with a two-digit counter appended).

Of course, you don't need Eudora to decode such "source" files --
just store them as "anyname.eml" and open directly (".eml" is usually
"associated" with Outlook Express or Windows Mail) -- perhaps this
will enable you to see what any offending incoming "RCV file"
contains, even if it was indigestible to Eudora.

Conversely, you can import ".eml" files into Eudora,
by dropping them into the "spool" folder as "RCV files,"
since both the ".eml" and "RCV file" formats seem to be precisely the same
as the "internet message format" defined by email standards (RFCs).

John
11/26/2009 1:12:56 AM
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 19:12:56 -0600,

I forgot to mention that if you have installed WinZip,
you can also rename any .RCV or .EML file
(a/k/a "internet message" or "message/rfc822" content type)
using the extension .MIM instead,
which will generally be "associated" to open with WinZip.

The various MIME parts of the message
(including any embedded objects and attached files)
can then be extracted by WinZip.

This goes way back, even to old versions of WinZip
(versions 7, 8, and 9 can certainly all do this).

An entire Thunderbird (or "Eudora 8") mailbox file
can also be processed in this way by WinZip,
to extract attachments.

John

Netscape.net mails on Eudora Pro 4.2 ??
Hi How can I configure Netscape.net mails on Eudora Pro 4.2 ? It gave me 11001 & 11004 errors - I use imap.mail.netcenter.com. I am also unsure what would be the "IMAP Location Mailbox prefix" is? Thanks, xyyz NOSPAM @ SoftHome . net - wrote: > Hi > > How can I configure Netscape.net mails on Eudora Pro 4.2 ? > > It gave me 11001 & 11004 errors - I use imap.mail.netcenter.com. > > I am also unsure what would be the "IMAP Location Mailbox prefix" is? > > Thanks, xyyz NOSPAM @ SoftHome . net > Crossposts deleted. I may be wrong, but I don't think you can check mail at Netscape's IMAP server. I think their server is proprietary, so you can't check mail using Eudora. Rick -- Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed. - wrote: > It gave me 11001 & 11004 errors - I use imap.mail.netcenter.com. Search google those error codes. > I am also unsure what would be the "IMAP Location Mailbox prefix" is? Then you don't need it. -- Sahil Tandon <sahil@despammed.com> http://people.brandeis.edu/~sahil W.r.to your second comment, Not Sure what you are saying???? Sahil Tandon wrote: > - wrote: > > >>It gave me 11001 & 11004 errors - I use imap.mail.netcenter.com. > > > Search google those error codes. > > >>I am also unsure what would be the "IMAP Location Mailbox prefix" is? >...

Eudora takes 100% CPU after closing mail folder #2
My Eudora hangs every time I close a folder. It uses all CPU then. I have this ever since upgrading to 6.1. I had never problems with older versions. Is this a known bug? I do not see network traffic. The problem is just caused by opening and closing a mail folder) Any suggestions? Windows XP / Athlon XP 3200 Eudora 6.1.1/6.1.2 (tried both) Sponsored mode Trend PC-cillin 2002 virus scanner regards, Erik. ...

MS-Windows mail servers and PHP's mail() function
I have a contact form that uses PHP's mail() function. It recently came to my attention that (some?) MS-Windows mail servers may not properly process data given to the mail() function that's only newline-terminated. The mail() function takes up to five parameters: mail(recipient, subject, message, [headers [,parameters]]) The ones of interest here are the first four. The questions are these: 1. Since recipient and subject are not multi-line, and, from the web form, don't even contain newlines, is it safe to assume they need neither newlines nor carriage-returns? 2. The message, from the web form, contains newlines. I assume all newlines need carriage-returns inserted in front of them? 3. The headers are created, in the web form processing, by appending newline-terminated strings to a variable (e.g.: headers .= "blah: yadda\n";). I presume that this string likewise needs carriage-returns inserted before the newlines? 4. I've seen mention of problems with "hanging carriage-returns." I presume that simply means there should be no line, blank or otherwise, that contains a carriage-return w/o an accompanying newline? Assuming all the above to be true, my four parameters would look like: recipient: "somebody@example.com" subject: "Some subject" message: "Some message\r\ntext\r\ngoes here\r\n" headers:...

Eudora smtp authentication problem on Windows XP (SP2 ?)
My Eudora 5.1 worked fine under Windows 2000 Pro. After I upgraded to Windows XP Pro, it can no longer do smtp authentication. Outlook Express works fine (with the same mail account) in both 2000 and XP. There are no mistakes in the settings as I am quite familiar with Eudora. I have been using smtp authentication for many years with many different e-mail providers. Now my Eudora on XP does not do smtp authentication with any of my three e-mail providers. I get an error saying "550 relay not permitted". So I am pretty sure the problem is with Windows XP. Three other people in my office are facing the same problem. Eudora was working under 98 and 2000, but now does not work under XP Pro SP2. I have not tried XP Home or XP older than SP2. No Norton / McAfee antivirus, Windows firewall is OFF. Any ideas? Thanks. -Art artw123@yahoo.com wrote in news:1122462591.988977.132220 @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com: > My Eudora 5.1 worked fine under Windows 2000 Pro. After I upgraded to > Windows XP Pro, it can no longer do smtp authentication. Outlook > Express works fine (with the same mail account) in both 2000 and XP. > > There are no mistakes in the settings as I am quite familiar with > Eudora. I have been using smtp authentication for many years with many > different e-mail providers. Now my Eudora on XP does not do smtp > authentication with any of my three e-mail providers. > > I get an error say...

Mail app in Jornada not receiving mail
I was just given a brand new, in the box, never used HP Jornada 548 running CE 3.0. I bought an AmbiCom 802.11 card for it so that I could use it with my home wireless LAN/ADSL connection. The card allows me to connect to the Internet, and I can surf the web with the thing wirelessly - as advertised. Now I also have a Macintosh Powerbook with a built-in Airport card and a Windows PC as well as a Mac G4 all connected to my network router either via Wi-Fi or Ether. I can receive and send mail on all three computers, but for some reason I cannot get e-mail to work with the Jornada and the CE "Inbox" application. My ISP assures me that I have all the info: Pop3 server, SMTP server, username, password, etc, entered correctly. Has anybody run into this problem? Can anybody tell me what the problem is? George Graves ...

mail being receive by server but not downloading to mail client
OK. I have a mail server. When I send a test message to an account and check the maillog I see that messages from the account I'm sending from are being received and sent to the intended user. But then when I check for email for the intended user it authenticates the request but there is no message to download. This is what I have done. 1. Created user accounts on the mail server: #/usr/sbin/useradd newb #/usr/bin/passwd newb 2. Added the mappings in the virtusertable: #example email@domain.com newb@mail.domain.com 3. Saved the virtusertable and made my hash: #makemap hash virtusertable < virtusertable 4. Restarted sendmail: #cat /var/run/sendmil.pid #kill -HUP pid 5. Send test message to the account in question and check for messages in a seperate email client configured to check the account. And there are no messages to download. WTF? Thanks for any help in advance. So newb@mail.domain.com is a local account? If so, when you look at the logs, you see that the local delivery agent is called? If so, what is your local delivery agent? Maybe post output from your maillog and sendmail -bv email@domain.com What if you send a message locally to newb. May 17 09:47:08 mail sendmail[15195]: starting daemon (8.12.10): SMTP+queueing@01:00:00 May 17 09:48:11 mail sendmail[15199]: i4HDmBc7015199: from=<external-account@external.domain.com>, size=2672, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<0HXV00A1A7WATY00@bpd2mi6no.prod.shawcable.com>, proto=ESMTP, daem...

BITDEFENDER problem with Eudora 7
just installed bitdefender 10 internet security and now my email is dropping connection and is extremely slow in starting after i click on eudora desktop icon. Is there a workaround from Eudora or Bitdefender, junk now seems to be getting legitimate emails with a score of 45 even though I adjusted score to 75 tree wrote: > just installed bitdefender 10 internet security and now my email is > dropping connection and is extremely slow in starting after i click on > eudora desktop icon. Is there a workaround from Eudora or Bitdefender, Workaround for what problem? So far it seems to work as designed. > junk now seems to be getting legitimate emails with a > score of 45 even though I adjusted score to 75 What? Where? ...

Mail and mail directories
I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only one such directory? Thanks Jay *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both :) directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is :) there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only :) one such directory? Do you have a simbolic link between Mail and mail?, if so remove it. It is possible that this may break other applications (e.g. Mutt). Hopefully it won't. Eduardo http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/ > *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: > > :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems > :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both > :) directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is > :) there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only > :) one such directory? Eduardo Chappa wrote: > Do you have a simbolic link between Mail and mail?, No. The directories are not...

Attachments not received in Eudora but Entourage works
Attachments (.doc, .pdf) sent by Eudora are not received by one client, but Entourage works. I would much rather use Eudora so what do you think Entourage is doing differently? DDD In article <rampages-E45B1A.16194629062005@news.telus.net>, DryDockDave <rampages@telus.net> wrote: > Attachments (.doc, .pdf) sent by Eudora are not received by one client, Provide details [1] exactly how do you send attachments: - what encoding? - do you bother to compress them? [2] exactly what email client and version is at the receiving end, and how do you *know* the attachment is not received? (Sometimes people say "it's not there", when they mean "I don't see it".) > [...] what do you think > Entourage is doing differently? Probably adhering to today's Redmond 'standard'. -- Sander Tekelenburg, <http://www.euronet.nl/~tekelenb/> Mac user: "Macs only have 40 viruses, tops!" PC user: "SEE! Not even the virus writers support Macs!" Greetings from Vancouver... In article <user-701635.02025030062005@textnews.euro.net>, Sander Tekelenburg <user@domain.invalid> wrote: > In article <rampages-E45B1A.16194629062005@news.telus.net>, > DryDockDave <rampages@telus.net> wrote: > > > Attachments (.doc, .pdf) sent by Eudora are not received by one client, > > Provide details > > [1] exactly how do you send...

SQL-DMO: SQL Server Agent properties - Mail session
Hello to all: Under Enterprise Manager, select server, select management, right-click on sql server agent. On the general tab, observe the mail session. Using SQL-DMO, how can I find the mail profile? I've combed the help file and the net without any luck. ...

problems with receiving mails for virtual email domains
I created a virtual email domain on mail server, and for that domain I created an user. Email localy working properly (LAN), I can send an message to some other mail (WAN), but when I send mail from some other server to it, theres no any message in inbox... Can somebody help me? THX. -- jaSko -> hadzigrahic@yahoo.com ---------------------------------------- http://www.bhsearch.com/ bosansko-hercegovacki tragac "jaSko" <hadzigrahic@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MQoqb.2831$m3.254@ns45.bih.net.ba... > I created a virtual email domain on mail server, and for that domain I > created an user. Email localy working properly (LAN), I can send an > message to some other mail (WAN), but when I send mail from some other > server to it, theres no any message in inbox... > > Can somebody help me? > THX. > -- > jaSko -> hadzigrahic@yahoo.com > > ---------------------------------------- > http://www.bhsearch.com/ > bosansko-hercegovacki tragac Hi, It would help to have some more information about your configuration... For example, your virtusertable listing, your sendmail.cf config file (before m4-ing it), etc. DNS may also be the problem... Also, when you say "Email locally working properly (LAN)", do you mean locally as in on the box itself between users, or to clients of two different mail servers on the LAN? Just some ideas, Alex ...

XP Pro and Eudora 6
My XP Pro box has all the latest MS fixes. Eudora is in Sponsored-mode. Sometimes when E6 is Replying it gets about 99% of the way thru the Send (blue indicator) then the PC freezes. The fan screams as PerfMon shows 100% CPU for about 30 seconds; and nothing responds. Then it returns control back to me for about 5 seconds. Then it's back to 30 seconds of lock out. Then 5 free seconds etc etc. No attachments involved. The mail never gets sent and E6 (not always) logs: -- Mon Sep 22 13:24:34 2003 6.0.0.22 Exception code: c0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION Fault address: 004250f4 01:000240f4 D:\INTERNET\Eudora\Eudora.exe -- It froze twice after this with no E6 log records. If I'm patient I can do a contolled shutdown during the 5 second pauses. XP is not logging any errors. Any thoughts? ===== David Sidwell Melbourne Australia ...

MS Access 2000 Mail Merge Problem
Hi All, Getting Error while doing mail merge from the function listed below. With .MDB file Error is Database is locked by user "Admin". This error pop up comes up 3 times and then the merge is done in document. With .MDE file Error is Database is locked for editing by 'another user' click notify to open read only copy of document. In this case, the merge fails as the merge system is getting some errors instead of recordset. IN Merge Fields there comes some junk values like <Standard_Jet_Asdsaj422r.... Can anyone guide me... Thank you. Jitu ================================ Private Sub MergeWithEnvelope(strOpenArgs As String) On Error GoTo ErrorHandler Dim objWord As Word.Document Dim appWord As Word.Application Dim Docs As Word.Documents Dim mmDataSource As MailMergeDataSource Dim mm As MailMerge Dim strLetter As String Dim strTemplateDir As String Dim strDate As String Dim DBPath_ Dim QueryStatement As String Set appWord = GetObject(, "Word.Application") strDate = CStr(Date) ''Tempalte Path strTemplateDir = CodeProject.Path strTemplateDir = strTemplateDir & INFORMER_FOLDER strLetter = strTemplateDir & INFORMER_ENVELOPE DBPath_ = CodeProject.Path & "\" & CodeProject.Name ''Query to Execute QueryStatement = "Select * from EnvelopeData Where " & strOpenArgs Set Docs ...

Eudora HTML viewer problems OS-X
Is it me or am I just now noticing how badly Eudora (my e-mail program since the early 90s) displays HTML formatted mail. I've been trying to debug an HTML mail that one of my clients sends out regularly to help them get it to display better. I'm basing that on how I see the HTML formatted message in Eudora. But lo and behold, when I view the same message in Apple's Mail program, it's beautiful and exactly how the client expected the message to look. Eudora is the problem. Is there something I'm missing? Eudora 6.1.1 (paid), Mac OS-X 10.3.4 Joe Dandrea <joeydee07712@yahoo.com> wrote: > Eudora is the problem. Is there something I'm missing? Eudora has never claimed to display HTML in any stylish way- just in a workable form. To see HTML properly displayed in Eudora, use File->Open in Browser. This policy is historical, but still very valid; based on the idea that HTML has no business in email, because it makes for grotesquely bloated message sizes and places additional strain on mail servers already groaning under the weight of (largely HTML) spam. That's the additional important reason for not using HTML for mail; it can contain all manner of security holes and nasties which plain text cannot. -- Peter In article <4c688279.0406230646.60fb34c8@posting.google.com>, joeydee07712@yahoo.com (Joe Dandrea) wrote: > Is it me or am I just now noticing how badly Eudora (my e-mail program > sinc...

how do backup deliver to smtp server mail or copy all mail forward a mail account?
thanks! a wrote: ISP & MX > thanks! Anytime Wolfgang ...

imap with Eudora
can anybody help i'm a real novice. I'm trying to set up Eudora to check my yahoo mail and one of the fields is asking me to put in the imap mailbox location prefix. ps it's in the incoming mail box. many thanks > can anybody help i'm a real novice. I'm trying to set up Eudora to check my > yahoo mail and one of the fields is asking me to put in the imap mailbox > location prefix. ps it's in the incoming mail box. many thanks To the bset of my knowledge, Yahoo mail doesn't support IMAP; they only support POP access, and only if you're paying for their "Mail Plus" package. If you are paying for the Mail Plus package, the following page has information about setting up your mail client: http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/ -- Lars -- Lars Kellogg-Stedman <8273grkci8q8kgt@jetable.net> This email address will expire on 2005-11-23. Note that for Yahoo I do not pay anything and I have a pop3 account readable with pop3 clients. Macallan "Lars Kellogg-Stedman" <8273grkci8q8kgt@jetable.net> a �crit dans le message de news: t1133571092.p21427.r1552341460@lars.jetable.net... >> can anybody help i'm a real novice. I'm trying to set up Eudora to check >> my >> yahoo mail and one of the fields is asking me to put in the imap mailbox >> location prefix. ps it's in the incoming mail box. many thanks > > To the bset of my knowledge, Yaho...

sending mail otherthan mail()
Hello everyone, My server admin has blocked the mail() due to some spam problems. I need to send emails using php. Can anyone guide me to the best method of sending emails using php without using mail(). If there is any tweak to be done at the server level I will be able to convince the admin. The server has linux Enterprice edition 3 with php 4.3.11 and cpanel/whm. Please guide me to the method and i will be able to collect other information about it from google. Thanks Jaunty Edward smilesinblues@gmail.com wrote: > My server admin has blocked the mail() due to some spam problems. I > need to send emails using php. Can anyone guide me to the best method > of sending emails using php without using mail(). So getting an alternative to mail() will simply circumvent the "antispam fix". On unix, mail() is nothing more than a wrapper to a local sendmail program, on win32 it's a wrapper that communicates to a smtp daemon. So either you can do yourself (exec()/sockets) or use on of the classes to be found on the usual sites (phpclasses/hostscritps)... Thank daniel, are you saying that if i will use classes like libmail. I will be able to send emails using php. I don't know what the server admin is going to do with the spam problem. But will I be able to send emails using classes. Thanks once again. Jaunty smilesinblues@gmail.com wrote: > are you saying that if i will use classes like libmail. I will be able > to send emails using php....

Receive mail without message showing-up on all open terminal windows
Hi all, I have my mail setup in ~/.fetchmailrc and I have 'fetchmail -s' setup in a cron to run every 10 minutes. When I receive a new message, both the system speaker beeps plus the message appears in any open terminal window. I have some programs I keep running, like my BBS console, snort console, BitchX, etc, and it throws off everything in these windows when a message is stuck where ever the curser is currently at. How can I disable this? I'm running Slackware 9.1, and I'm assuming it's not fetchmail since I am using the -s switch. Does Slackware have something running that notifies me of new messages as a 'convenience'? If so, I really need to find out how to disable it. I want my mail to arrive in silence and I'll check when I have time. Thanks for any suggestions or ideas, Alex. On Sun, 28 Feb 2004, Alex wrote: > I have my mail setup in ~/.fetchmailrc and I have 'fetchmail -s' setup > in a cron to run every 10 minutes. When I receive a new message, both > the system speaker beeps plus the message appears in any open terminal > window. I have some programs I keep running, like my BBS console, > snort console, BitchX, etc, and it throws off everything in these > windows when a message is stuck where ever the curser is currently at. > > How can I disable this? I'm running Slackware 9.1, and I'm assuming > it's not fetchmail since I am using the -s switch. Does Slackware > hav...

Problems with mail()
I'm just tinkering with PHP and learning the basics ; all well and good so far, except I can't get mail() to work. I'm running Apache 2 & PHP 4.3.9, and ssmtp on Gentoo. ssmtp is set up correctly (I can use "sendmail" in evolution fine). When I post from PHP it seems to work ok except it's emailed to apache@autismuk.freeserve.co.uk (according to my log). I've tried setting the sendmail directory option in php.ini to /usr/lib/sendmail & that doesn't work either..... I'm mystified. Am I doing something obviously wrong ? Any ideas ? <?php $msg = "Name: $_POST[name]\n"; $msg .= "E-Mail: $_POST[email]\n"; $msg .= "Message: $_POST[message]\n"; $recipient = "autismuk@autismuk.freeserve.co.uk"; $subject = "Form submission results"; $mailheaders = "From: My Web Site <autismuk@autismuk.freeserve.co.uk> \n"; $mailheaders = "Reply-To: $_POST[email]"; $mailheaders = ""; // this line in or out makes no odds .... mail($recipient,$subject,$msg,$mailheaders) or die("Failed to send"); print "Message sent successfully.<br>"; ?> Paul Robson <autismuk@autismuk.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in news:pan.2004.10.25.13.04.40.871057@autismuk.freeserve.co.uk: > $recipient = "autismuk@autismuk.freeserve.co.uk"; try $recipient = "<autismuk@autismuk.freeserve.co.uk>"; ...

cannot receive mail
Dear guru's I am having problem receiving mail on my mail server running sendmail, but I can send mail VERY WELL. When I do : #nmap localhost ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ I get : (The 1590 ports scanned but not shown below are in Port State Service 22/tcp open ssh 23/tcp open telnet 25/tcp open smtp 80/tcp open http 111/tcp open sunrpc 139/tcp open netbios-ssn 443/tcp open https 515/tcp open printer 3306/tcp open mysql 6000/tcp open X11 10000/tcp open snet-sensor-mgmt So the port 25 is listening for connections, which is a good thing ! II Also when I ps -ef | grep sendmail ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ I get root 24399 1 0 16:26 ? 00:00:00 sendmail: accepting connections smmsp 24408 1 0 16:26 ? 00:00:00 sendmail: Queue runner@01:00:00 root 24425 17596 0 16:27 pts/2 00:00:00 grep sendmail So i know that the daemon's are running and listening. I can send outgoing emails, BUT CANNOT RECEIVE ANY EMAILS.WHY could this be so ? I have attached my sendmail.mc file that i use to generate the senmail.cf file Please Help !!! This may cost me my job !! ######################################################### #sendmail.mc file # divert(-1)dnl dnl # dnl # This is the sendmail macro config file for m4. If you make changes to dnl # /etc/mail/sendmail.mc, you will need to regenerate the dn...

Passing some mail to a mail hub
I have just spent the last 4 hours trying to get this to work and have had no success. I want to have my sendmail server accept mail for 5 domains. I want to pass 4 domains to another mail server. Here is the problem: If I add the 4 domains to the mailertable any mail posted on the first server will be passed to the 2nd mail server (just as I want), but if the server receives mail from a host not accessed to relay the mail bounces. When I add the 4 domains to the local-host-names file then the server tries to deliver them locally and inores the mailertable. I am sure it is a simple feature I need to enable in my sendmail.mc file but I am just guessing from this point. Any help greatly appreciated. Gerard In article <ba814272.0406112154.55e5d432@posting.google.com> gerard.nicol@tapetrack.com (Gerard Nicol) writes: >I have just spent the last 4 hours trying to get this to work and have >had no success. > >I want to have my sendmail server accept mail for 5 domains. I want to >pass 4 domains to another mail server. > >Here is the problem: If I add the 4 domains to the mailertable any >mail posted on the first server will be passed to the 2nd mail server >(just as I want), but if the server receives mail from a host not >accessed to relay the mail bounces. You need to allow relaying *to* those domains - e.g. in access db: To:domain1.com RELAY To:domain2.com RELAY .... You can alternatively just list the domains - without 'To:&...

mail problem
I have been reading my mail directly using Unix Pine 4.58 on a local university machine, and yesterday I switched to having a private ISP be the source for my mail. I set the inbox-path on my local Linux machine to point to the new ISP location for mail, and I can read it just fine. However, if I leave some e-mail sitting there, next time I read my mail the previously read mail shows up as new, marked with an N, just as if it had just come in. Is there some setting in Pine that I should make in order to have Pine recognize which mail has been previously read, and which not? If not, is there something I should ask my ISP to do? -- Stephen sjs@speicher.com Ignorance is just a placeholder for knowledge. Printed using 100% recycled electrons. ----------------------------------------------------------- *** Stephen Speicher (sjs@speicher.com) wrote in comp.mail.pine today: :) I have been reading my mail directly using Unix Pine 4.58 on a local :) university machine, and yesterday I switched to having a private ISP be :) the source for my mail. I set the inbox-path on my local Linux machine :) to point to the new ISP location for mail, and I can read it just fine. :) However, if I leave some e-mail sitting there, next time I read my mail :) the previously read mail shows up as new, marked with an N, just as if :) it had just come in. Stephen, If you are using POP to read those messages, then there's nothing you can do (this is a limitation of the protocol). If you are...

mail
does anybody have/know where i can get a very simple send mail script for php? ive tried googling, but the scripts that i find are too complicated, one ive seen before was only about 10 lines long, but i lost that a long time ago. "Matthew Robinson" <mattyrobinson69@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:pan.2004.01.20.22.41.13.664486@hotmail.com... > does anybody have/know where i can get a very simple send mail script for > php? ive tried googling, but the scripts that i find are too complicated, > one ive seen before was only about 10 lines long, but i lost that a long > time ago. try this, it allows plain and html mail in same message http://www-2.gzentools.com/snippetview.php?c=Mail&v=send-email.php -- Mike Bradley http://www.gzentools.com -- free online php tools Matthew Robinson a �crit le 20/01/2004 : > does anybody have/know where i can get a very simple send mail script for > php? ive tried googling, but the scripts that i find are too complicated, > one ive seen before was only about 10 lines long, but i lost that a long > time ago. Yes, the mail() function... Very straigthforward... http://www.php.net/mail ...

Found problem in Mail-SpamAssassin-2.xx causing build failure on win32
A quick look at the test results on CPAN for Mail-SpamAssassin at http://testers.cpan.org/show/Mail-SpamAssassin.html reveals a common point of build failure on Windows, at least between version 2.55 to 2.63 (current release). I encountered this error myself, and found the offending line of code in the Makefile. The problem is easily fixed by locating the following line in Makefile.PL and escaping the double quotes around the defines. Quite simply, change this (all one line in the Makefile.PL): 'PM_FILTER' => '$(PERL) build/preprocessor -Mconditional $(FIXBYTES) -Mvars -DVERSION="$(VERSION)" -DPREFIX="$(I_PREFIX)"', To this: 'PM_FILTER' => '$(PERL) build/preprocessor -Mconditional $(FIXBYTES) -Mvars -DVERSION=\"$(VERSION)\" -DPREFIX=\"$(I_PREFIX)\"', I very seldom visit the Perl related news groups; should I be reporting this directly to the author or will a post to comp.lang.perl.modules suffice? Dave ...

Web resources about - Eudora Pro Problem - Recovering Mail Received During Previous Session (Is causing Eudora to close) - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Recovering Torpedo - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Recovering Torpedo. , ca. 1918. Still Picture Records LICON, Special Media Archives Services Division (NWCS-S), National Archives at College ...

Weekly Address: Recovering and Rebuilding after the Storm - YouTube
In this week's address, President Obama thanks the brave first responders and National Guardsmen for their tireless work following one of the ...

Elderly Emirati man filmed on camera being abused by caregiver is recovering
The 88-year-old man’s son set up the camera to monitor the Asian caregiver when he suspected his father was being abused, and discovered that ...

Jail for Donna Clark for giving methadone and marijuana to 16-year-old recovering from a drug overdose ...
A woman has been jailed for giving a 16-year-old given methadone and marijuana shortly after he was discharged from hospital following a drug ...

Sydney cop recovering after horror smash
Police in Sydney say it is unbelievable six people, including two of their own, did not sustain more serious injuries from an out-of-control ...

Canberra fighter Ben Edwards back in the boxing ring after recovering from shoulder surgery
Canberra fighter Ben Edwards concedes he might be done with kickboxing as he returns to the boxing ring for his first fight in his home town ...

Wilkie recovering from surgery
... resumption of parliament on Monday despite an unexpected trip to hospital. Mr Wilkie, the member for the Tasmanian seat of Denison, is recovering ...

Girl shot by Taliban is recovering well

Chris Rogers makes runs in Ashes warm-up match after recovering from concussion
Chris Rogers has got some vital time in the middle as he rebuilds his confidence before the Ashes following a bout of concussion.

HECS architect Bruce Chapman: recovering loans from dead students about politics, not economics
Collecting student debts from the dead would not put people off university study, but any revenue gains could be undermined by creative estate ...